• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY SHIT!!! Just had the most amazing game I have ever been a part of. Group of 4 GAF folk and we decided to do all random. We got Booty Bay and had a rough start and they eventually got our core to 1%.

Then shit got real. We had someone always defending the core and the others went for coins. We ended up coming back from 1%!!!! and even had a base race at the end. I am literally shaking that is how excited I am by it.

I wanna see the replay!

Ashodin

HOLY SHIT!!! Just had the most amazing game I have ever been a part of. Group of 4 GAF folk and we decided to do all random. We got Booty Bay and had a rough start and they eventually got our core to 1%.

Then shit got real. We had someone always defending the core and the others went for coins. We ended up coming back from 1%!!!! and even had a base race at the end. I am literally shaking that is how excited I am by it.

need dat replay

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna try to record the replay and upload it to YouTube. I assume I just have to watch the replay and run a program that records it in the background?

Or alternatively should I just upload the replay file?

Edit: Uploaded the file here

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So replay files don't work with new versions due to their player-piano style, but all the older builds are still in the Heroes folder. Can you somehow use those to play the old replays, or is it really recommended to record/upload to youtube any sick matches you want to remember before the next build comes out?

zlatko

Banned

YT link ?

So if I were to drop money on the game, what's worth buying? The Nexus pack if I want some of the heroes there?

I'm not a big fan of gold/f2p grinds in MOBAs. I really wish they had a hero pack like Smite.

I'm gonna try to record the replay and upload it to YouTube. I assume I just have to watch the replay and run a program that records it in the background?

Or alternatively should I just upload the replay file?

Edit: Uploaded the file here

I wanna see the replay!
need dat replay
YT link ?
Thats the replay file, I have shitty internet so it would take forever to upload it on YT.

kirblar

So if I were to drop money on the game, what's worth buying? The Nexus pack if I want some of the heroes there?

I'm not a big fan of gold/f2p grinds in MOBAs. I really wish they had a hero pack like Smite.
If you want the extras in the Nexus pack, get the Nexus pack. Otherwise wait for them to go on sale. And if you don't get the Nexus pack, the starter pack can be picked up for 15.99 at http://www.dlgamer.us/. (Nexus/Starter overlap - starter much better deal, but has less cosmetics)

Also, unless they've fixed it, the Zeratul costume code accidentally gives you Zeratul the hero, leaving you free to give Zeratul away to a buddy. So use it first then check your in game account if you go that way.

Starter Bundle is worth buying regardless, imo.

50% off sale rotates every week and is great - only buy 7K or 10K heroes w/ it tho. Once you catch em all, you can maintain enough money to pick up all the new heroes 2 weeks after release at 10K w/ no issues.

The nexus have loads of heroes you could not play so much in long term, try to buy the starter pack which is cheaper and save your money for special sales of heroes you like, invest your gold in low gold heroes purchases and use real money on the expensives heroes special sales

Alex

Butcher looks great, glad that they're rolling with more unique resources but we really need some new supports and non-Warcraft ones at that, very soon. If they're going to stick to Diablo for a bit we could use Auriel or a D2 Paladin or D3 Monk.

I'd grab the Starter Bundle, myself. You get three characters, a week stim and two mounts with it.

Nexus Pack is an OK value, it's very random in what it offers though for a larger chunk of cash, seems to center around Nova and Nazeebo a lot.

If you're just starting out I'd peck around with the free characters for a bit though until you can establish what you like to do. If you like to play a lot get one of the 50% off stims for sure and if you don't mind just spending money watch the weekly sales on the store, lately they have a lot on offer.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking back through the replays of the three games I played with GAF'ers earlier (which were all totally amazing), and I came across this little play I did as Falstad that I wanted to share. I'm not the best at positioning when playing ranged assassins but I think I did quite well here. We managed to push to their core and win after this fight, even though we had basically been trailing them all game.

http://gfycat.com/SecondGoodnaturedAnkolewatusi

Just wanted to thank everyone who I played with earlier. Super awesome people who always played the objective and never got negative even when we were down for most of a game!

I was looking back through the replays of the three games I played with GAF'ers earlier (which were all totally amazing), and I came across this little play I did as Falstad that I wanted to share. I'm not the best at positioning when playing ranged assassins but I think I did quite well here. We managed to push to their core and win after this fight, even though we had basically been trailing them all game.

http://gfycat.com/SecondGoodnaturedAnkolewatusi

Just wanted to thank everyone who I played with earlier. Super awesome people who always played the objective and never got negative even when we were down for most of a game!

GG man, good playing with you too.

Salamando

Such a frustrating night of quick-match. So many games where my team either felt like covering every lane in early game wasn't needed, or just thought that I (Nova) would handle it...

nbraun80

Such a frustrating night of quick-match. So many games where my team either felt like covering every lane in early game wasn't needed, or just thought that I (Nova) would handle it...

Yeah just hot nova recently, hate when they try and send me to cover a big wave or take a 4-creature merc camp, I'm nova I can't do that in any reasonable time.

Yeah Ive got nothing but losses today maybe 2 wins. My team has Tychus and they all go bottom lane I pretty much know the match will end up in a loss.

patchday

Just played my first online match after completing the tutorials. Jumping in on this bandwagon super late. I like how this game is a lot less intimidating with the tweaks to the MOBA formula

Duress

I can't play Azmodan. He's a good sieger, but when it comes to team battles, his fat target on his ass, and abilities aren't that great

damn I bought illidan and I just lost 3 games in a row I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I was getting a lot of kills so maybe its my team? Maybe I need to focus more on team objectives I was trying to...

Salamando

Yeah just hot nova recently, hate when they try and send me to cover a big wave or take a 4-creature merc camp, I'm nova I can't do that in any reasonable time.

I'm thinking of benching Nova once I hit lvl 9. At least for quick match. Every time I choose her, I end up with team comps or teammates that don't work to my favor. It's like magic...I choose Zagara or Azmodan, our team gets a tank, a support, a few assassins...I go Nova, it's two supports, Abathur, and another assassin.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I uploaded the replay to YouTube for those who don't want to download the replay file. You can find it here. Took me a few hours to do due to having to learn how to set up a YouTube livestream and then save it, but all in all I think it turned out well! I tried to capture all the important moments but I may have missed one or two things here and there.

This is weird

I tried custom match as an observer of a IA Vs IA match and the heartstone mount appeared.

PAzCP2r.jpg

I thought it can't be used yet.

Alur

This is weird

I tried custom match as an observer of a IA Vs IA match and the heartstone mount appeared.[/IMG]

I thought it can't be used yet.

Bots have been using it for two patches now. It's only not active for real players. If you play coop you'll see it pretty often too.

I was a single win away from rank 1. Now I'm back down to 6.

Feels bad, man.

Sounds like davemo. Think he's been a win away from rank 1 at least 4 or 5 times now and keeps bouncing between 4 and back to it. Rough times.

Savitar

Zagara is probably my most favorite character to play as, the damage you can do is fantastic. The splash damage tends to freak out people and scare them away. I love playing as Kael but Zagara feels like that one you know is always causing trouble destroying gates and can really mess up your day.

Xater

I just want to say that I hate Mumble. The voice activation isn't working for me at all. It basically on works when I put the activation threshold so low that the mix is constantly on. Didn't have this issue with Teamspeak.

Edit: I finally figured it out. Man the settings in Mumble are stupid.

jetsetrez

lmao, just had a game where I single-handedly throned the enemy team as Muradin. We activated bottom boss on Cursed Hollow, and team went fighting in north half of the map. I just walked in with the boss, took out a crappy Raynor as he targetted the boss, popped heroic, then right clicked on core to win. It must've looked hilarious when the camera swung to the core and it was literally just a single dwarf with a hammer clankin away.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Somehow stumbled into a group and we started wrecking match after match. I think we had 10 or so consecutive wins.

Feels good man

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What determines a hero's price? Do they go up and down all the time? I'm wondering if I should grab the 4 that are 2k right now if they are going to go up eventually...

kirblar

What determines a hero's price? Do they go up and down all the time? I'm wondering if I should grab the 4 that are 2k right now if they are going to go up eventually...
They'll never go up. Only down. 2K is the lowest they'll be. If you haven't picked up Muradin/Raynor/Malf, the Starter Bundle's good since it throws in a stimpack and a mount.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They will likely never go up and 2k will probably be the cheapest you can ever get them for.

New heroes are 15k.
After two weeks they go down to 10k.
Every few weeks another old hero gets bumped down a price tier.

Maledict

damn I bought illidan and I just lost 3 games in a row I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I was getting a lot of kills so maybe its my team? Maybe I need to focus more on team objectives I was trying to...

Illidan is a very hard hero to play, and only really shines when you have at least one support for him plus someone else to dive with him - and supports are rare in quick match!

He also needs to be specced a certain way - take every defensive talent you can, apart from Immolate at level 4, and save Meta for escaping fights. Never, ever use Meta to initiate a fight - it's the best defensive ability in the game, abuse it!

Alex

Zagara is probably my most favorite character to play as, the damage you can do is fantastic. The splash damage tends to freak out people and scare them away. I love playing as Kael but Zagara feels like that one you know is always causing trouble destroying gates and can really mess up your day.

Creep <3

jetsetrez

How much have you guys spent so far, and what do you think are the best deals, and best values for coins?

I've only spent the $4.99 for the starter pack, with Raynor, Muradin, Malfurion and the rainbow mount so far. Got Valla from owning Diablo 3, got the Mechanospider mount from the Facebook thing, and got ETC, Illidan, Anub'barak, and Lili with coins. I have about 14k coins left currently, and 2 days on my stimpack.

jetsetrez

Also, I wish they rewarded you a bit more for being a loyal customer. I own almost all of Blizz' games digitally directly through them, would've been nice to be gifted a hero/skin/mount per game, ala D3 Valla.

zoukka

Also, I wish they rewarded you a bit more for being a loyal customer. I own almost all of Blizz' games digitally directly through them, would've been nice to be gifted a hero/skin/mount per game, ala D3 Valla.

Well it's a f2p game and you did get one free hero already...

Alex

How much have you guys spent so far, and what do you think are the best deals, and best values for coins?

I've only spent the $4.99 for the starter pack, with Raynor, Muradin, Malfurion and the rainbow mount so far. Got Valla from owning Diablo 3, got the Mechanospider mount from the Facebook thing, and got ETC, Illidan, Anub'barak, and Lili with coins. I have about 14k coins left currently, and 2 days on my stimpack.

I didn't spend any actual money at first then I just said fuck it and started buying sale items lately. I'm going to be a little less tight on the money with this than I was with League, it's all I'm playing right now anyway and I'm a heathen that actually likes the F2P model. I wish there was some palatable monetization model that allowed Diablo III more consistent updates.

Starter Bundle - 4.99
Jaina - 4.99
Angelic Valla Skin- 4.99
Johanna - 9.99 (I ain't waiting on a D3 Crusader, one of the few heroes I'd release cave on)
30 Day Stimpack - 4.99

Can't even remember all of what I've bought with gold, a lot. Not many master skins I like though so it's all been heroes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man fuck Kael, people don't know how to deal with him.

Need to figure out some kind of counter for that shitlord.

hwateber

I uploaded the replay to YouTube for those who don't want to download the replay file. You can find it here. Took me a few hours to do due to having to learn how to set up a YouTube livestream and then save it, but all in all I think it turned out well! I tried to capture all the important moments but I may have missed one or two things here and there.
Wow, nail biter finish! Nice replay

Maledict

Tyrael. Tyrael to the face!

Generally, Tyrael plus any high damage follow-up removes him from a match. Time the abilities together, and he just explodes and has no escape mechanism. Falstead or Nova's AE ult work perfectly.

(Or, to be fair, just follow-up with anub going in after tyrael is normally enough as well).

Alex

Don't clump up during full engages, his Flamestrike + Ignite talent is the majority of his damage. If you're fighting a competent team with a competent Kael you need to exercise caution and hopefully have a solid Warrior create openings to take him down early as he has nothing to escape with and is very squishy.

In most quickmatches 1-2 people can throw a team into disarray and 'splode him pretty easily. Always stay alert try to catch him out of position if you have the luxury of a team that can roam decently, being aggressive and taking dumb Kaels out of the fight before it even begins is very fun!

I found my new favorite thing today on Johanna: playing Haunted Mines and vacuuming enemy team members into golem stomps. Got 3 kills in one game from it!

Great comeback.

That Falstad player needs to quit it with the caps. Freaking annoying as hell.

zoukka

Keal gets countered by any diving melee hero. Anub, Muradin, Illidan and so on. In low level games his chain bomb just wrecks face because uncoordinated teams just spread it like cancer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom