• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
On a tilt in Heroes right now so I decided to watch some League of Legends on Twitch... why does this game look completely different from what I remember it, like 3 years ago?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
On a tilt in Heroes right now so I decided to watch some League of Legends on Twitch... why does this game look completely different from what I remember it, like 3 years ago?
They completely changed the art style from bright colors to pastels and redid most of the champions and the map

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Alur

Nova is definitely a "changes viability based on the wielder" kind of hero. And the comp she's facing. There's heroes she just can't do anything with and others she just decimates. With matchmaking RNG it's a rough ask IMO unless you are pretty good with her.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nova is definitely a "changes viability based on the wielder" kind of hero. And the comp she's facing. There's heroes she just can't do anything with and others she just decimates. With matchmaking RNG it's a rough ask IMO unless you are pretty good with her.

That's pretty fair.

I picked up Kerrigan because she reminds me a bit of Khazix (RIP) from LoL and its finally starting to sink in how much kills don't seem to matter as much in this game.

I felt like I was contributing so much more with Azmodan tbh

Zafir

Man, trying to get Thrall to 10 is just rough. Either we don't have a healer or we don't have a tank, both means you're just so squishy in team fights.

Why must he be one of the only heroes with a master skin I like!

Alur

Man, trying to get Thrall to 10 is just rough. Either we don't have a healer or we don't have a tank, both means you're just so squishy in team fights.

Why must he be one of the only heroes with a master skin I like!

I'm actually gonna wait til the 100% holiday bonus experience kicks in to get him and a couple others I have at 9 (or 8) to 10. I love him and his brutal playstyle but I prefer not to roll melee assassin without having the tank and heals be part of my group.

Maledict

Interested in the talent changes for sure - looks like the possibility that Blood for Blood is gone at 16, and in the build they played with Jaina didn't have sprint...

I finally saved up 10G. I always wanted to buy Nova but I thnk she sucks. So Im leaning towards Sylvanas? I want top tier characters only.

If you want top tier characters only, Sylvanas is a much better purchase than Nova. Nova is absolutely viable, but Sylvanas is definitely top tier atm.

kirblar

Interested in the talent changes for sure - looks like the possibility that Blood for Blood is gone at 16, and in the build they played with Jaina didn't have sprint...
Where are you seeing the other stuff like the Jaina change? (I like this one, actually)

Zafir

I'm actually gonna wait til the 100% holiday bonus experience kicks in to get him and a couple others I have at 9 (or 8) to 10. I love him and his brutal playstyle but I prefer not to roll melee assassin without having the tank and heals be part of my group.

I'm on holiday when the 100% kicks in. :/ Sigh!

New Tyrande skin? (twitter)

CG2H4n9UAAANYGR.jpg:large

Full picture:

snUjXdh.jpg

Yoshichan

Alur

Would definitely put her in line with Kael.

Yeah, that it would. Make you think a little harder as Jaina for sure. Makes perfect sense.

I'm on holiday when the 100% kicks in. :/ Sigh!

RIP in peace Zafir. Sorry bud :(

So new heavenly skins for Butcher, Tassadar, Murky, and a Demonic Brightwing and a evil world?

That Murky skin is the Grunty Murky with the 3rd tint.

So new heavenly skins for Butcher, Tassadar, Murky, and a Demonic Brightwing and a evil world?

Most of the skins pictured are already in the game. That Brightwing is only a variation of his standard skin. That Murky is the 3rd Grunty Murky variation. The Tassadar is his master skin. Not seeing a heavenly skin for Butcher, so I assume you meant Diablo. The angelic Diablo, Butcher, Leoric and Valla amazon skin are the only skins/characters not yet in the game.

Panthers

As long as her trait goes untouched, she'll always be really good.

edit: If you haven't played her though, make sure to wait for rotation or the PTR to try first. She's actually pretty boring.

Even then I can usually top the dmg as her. She's my favorite hero for sure. Once you get her movement speed boost talent, you can chase anyone down.

kirblar

Most of the skins pictured are already in the game. That Brightwing is only a variation of his standard skin. That Murky is the 3rd Grunty Murky variation. The Tassadar is his master skin. Not seeing a heavenly skin for Butcher, so I assume you meant Diablo. The angelic Diablo, Butcher, Leoric and Valla amazon skin are the only skins/characters not yet in the game.
Yeah, I mistook Diablo for Butcher (thought it was a mirror match.) I just pick a skin/color/mount I like and stick with it. :)

Ashodin

Oh man that skin would get me to play Diablo for sure

A lot of players like to insta-lock into the burst build but she's got tools to keep a fair bit of distance between her and say Tassadar's trait or Rehgar's Farsight with Psi-Op Rangefinder and Remote Delivery.

One thing remains true, everyone wants to kill Nova. With Remote Delivery you get a ridiculous cast range on her holograms. It's like Flamethrower for Kael'thas. So rather than casting your hologram right in the middle of a crowd from nearby cover, you can cast a holo from one patch of cover to another and make it look like a more genuine attempt at a Nova gank. You do trade her scary early game burst but it lets you stay a live to clean up. If the game goes to 20 and you're Triple Tap, your damage picks up.

Yoshichan

Speaking of which, the server is gonna restart right quick to help with the ping for you guys as well. You should automatically reconnect if you are in there.

EDIT: Or double post.

Thanks for the warning :)

pretty sure that's Nova and not Valla.

Yoshichan

Firebat from SC1... mmmmmmmmm

Milly79

You can cast Furnace Blast while in the middle of the charge. That explains a bit about the 90s cooldown.

I get that part, but still... Why would the tether not be on a 90s CD? It's practically a deletion.

I can already see the QQ that is gonna come during the first week. I don't think he's gonna be OP by any means, but he definitely is going to be a strong hero. He's gonna suffer the same fate that every melee aside from Illidan suffers.

HOLY SHIT!!! Just had the most amazing game I have ever been a part of. Group of 4 GAF folk and we decided to do all random. We got Booty Bay and had a rough start and they eventually got our core to 1%.

Then shit got real. We had someone always defending the core and the others went for coins. We ended up coming back from 1%!!!! and even had a base race at the end. I am literally shaking that is how excited I am by it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just had an EPIC 30-minute game on Blackheart Bay with some GAF'ers. How do I upload a replay to YouTube? Everyone needs to see this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom