• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

the strug

SEr7R6k.png

Alur

Remember how many times people have been like "it's Murloc Geniuses time!". I've heard Zoia or Jake say this before several tournaments. I also see this on reddit.

Remember how many times they have shit the bed after and disappointed?

I really don't understand it.

TxdoHawk

Bought some new characters with gold/50% off prices cash money. Too much Leoric played lately, his insane sustain makes me a terrible judge of when to leave a fight with anyone remotely squishy if I suddenly switch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can I buy the 365-bundle more than one time?

You cry poverty over hair care and beauty products and are now going to spend 120$US or more, whatever that works out to in your kronor, on HotS boosters?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PLZ GUYS

I WAS JUST ASKING

GENUINE CURIOSITY

MILLY HALP

Yoshichan

It's cool I forgive you. You're my bro.

But for real that's not a question I ever expected anyone would ask. So I have no idea how to answer it.

should i try for science

Yoshichan

Due to the sale I'm interested in giving this a shot. What diablo characters would be good for a newbie?

Valla, no question about that.

Jrmint

I tried Nova over the weekend and she doesn't feel OP to me, although I am new to the game within the last month.

What did they change that made her so good in your guy's opinions?

tmtyf

I tried Nova over the weekend and she doesn't feel OP to me, although I am new to the game within the last month.

for me if you have good positioning and dont die, gathering power at max will eat people.

gunna be playing for a bit if anybody wants to team up.

Zafir

Have they said anything more about the matchmaking changes thats meant to coming?

It's honestly what annoys me the most about the game still. x.x

Alur

They just changed Gathering Power and a previous change made her holos more effective by making them all show up on minimap instead of just the real Nova.

She's not OP, but she's a pubstomper in QM. When she's not pubstomping, though, she's completely useless so she's very feast or famine. That's why people don't like her. She's not fun to play with or against at all because she contributes nothing other than kills when she's actually going.

Isn't BRFC tired of bullying lower league teams yet?

Who else are they gonna play? lol

C9 is gone for another month at least. Tempo Storm doesn't have a team yet. No one else in NA is on the level.

The better question is why do the other teams in NA seem to be continually unable to improve.

Who else are they gonna play? lol

C9 is gone for another month at least. Tempo Storm doesn't have a team yet. No one else in NA is on the level.

The better question is why do the other teams in NA seem to be continually unable to improve.

No one, it's just not really fun to watch them like this.

Did complexity and cognitive even have any roster changes in the last couple months? It was never like those teams just had something to overcome like C9 to rule they just reached their ceiling at a comparatively lower level. Cog and Col might have improved had they snatched up any of the TS departures.

if there's just not enough fresh blood out there we're back to no ladder and not enough Hero League players at a high level.

NA is just bad overall in mobas. People have been asking this question for 4 years in dota now as well and there's just been no answer.

didn't an NA team just win the TI?

Zeratul?

kirblar

That solo backdoor Zeratul attempt.... -_-

-_- not directed at Blaze- at Blizzard for nerfing this shit to the point where it's possible to do that with 2 heroes.

Strider

There's only 1 good NA Dota team tho. The rest are trash and have been for years.

Other regions are waaaaaaaay better overall. An EU team won the most recent Dota major

Altairre

So, how's Murky in QM? Thinking about buying him with mah gold. Really enjoying Johanna and especially Sylvanas these days. Johanna's trait is really dumb, I'm living through way too much stuff I shouldn't. Didn't care much for Sylvanas at first but now that I understand how to play her a bit better it can be extremely satisfying. Damn squishy though.

Alur

No one, it's just not really fun to watch them like this.

Did complexity and cognitive even have any roster changes in the last couple months? It was never like those teams just had something to overcome like C9 to rule they just reached their ceiling at a comparatively lower level. Cog and Col might have improved had they snatched up any of the TS departures.

if there's just not enough fresh blood out there we're back to no ladder and not enough Hero League players at a high level.

Complexity and Cog have both had changes the last few months. Complexity was a firm #3 going into the second NA qualifier for Blizzcon when McIntyre quit/got kicked and he was their shotcaller (fairly certain it was like the day before the second one). Cog added Glaurung around the same time Zuna joined Tempo, and then they had another person (Shot I believe) leave near the Americas Championship and had to play with their backup guy whom was a downgrade.

Cog is just a one trick pony and refuses to try to make anything work but Glaurung's pocket melee picks. If you notice on Rob Boss, McIntyre is playing a variety of heroes now instead of the pocket melee picks he relied on with Complexity (that also held them back IMO).

Mac learned the lesson, Glaurung doesn't seem interested in doing so.

So, how's Murky in QM? Thinking about buying him with mah gold.

Murky is absolutely amazing for solo QM. Even when games suck you can do your own thing and have fun. He's one of the most fun heroes in the game.

I'd get him in the sale with the Funny Bunny or Grunty skin if it were me though.

Able to elaborate?

would rather not just throw it out there because who knows if some random reddit idiot will randomly stumble upon it, but pm me if you're actually interested

Cog is just a one trick pony and refuses to try to make anything work but Glaurung's pocket melee picks. If you notice on Rob Boss, McIntyre is playing a variety of heroes now instead of the pocket melee picks he relied on with Complexity (that also held them back IMO).

Mac learned the lesson, Glaurung doesn't seem interested in doing so.

i dunno man his pocket melee picks the past 2 days would have lost them games if he was playing with anybody but erho/zuna/arthelon. that Butcher game was super bad and even Kerrigan today didn't go well. though Kerrigan was just a terrible pick in that match -- only Zagara was feasibly combo-able and they picked Kerrigan over Tyrael, Johanna (flashlight blind would have shit on Blaze's comp) and Thrall

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Murky is absolutely amazing for solo QM. Even when games suck you can do your own thing and have fun. He's one of the most fun heroes in the game.

Yeah I'd have to agree, Murky is a very fun hero to play. I smile every time I use his Murloc March heroic too, that never gets old.

Alur

i dunno man his pocket melee picks the past 2 days would have lost them games if he was playing with anybody but erho/zuna/arthelon. that Butcher game was super bad and even Kerrigan today didn't go well. though Kerrigan was just a terrible pick in that match -- only Zagara was feasibly combo-able and they picked Kerrigan over Tyrael, Johanna (flashlight blind would have shit on Blaze's comp) and Thrall

Agreed, those were pretty spotty. The Butcher pick was just dumb period. Overly cocky it felt like. In the 5-6 games I've watched he has also played Tyrael and Leoric as well, though.

coL kicked Blinks because he's just generally kind of bad, and apparently they will be playing with Sheth in China, but that isn't permanent

COG kicked Shot and replaced him with ivslime (temporarily) and then Syracuse, but that lineup is really underperforming right now. but they too are going to China.

Those teams were never going to get Zuna or Arth, those two had their own plans. trust me the shadiness and intermingling of players and teams that goes on behind the scenes would make u shit ur pants. just look at the whole Schwimpi/Dignitas ordeal. only in NA I think its about to go way beyond that. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom