• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Can't wait until the inevitable "why did you pick a support only to punch people"

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PUNCH PEOPLE TO DEATH

Ketch

No GMG or Gamersgate or Gamestop either

I don't really know what GMG or gamersgate is (besides the "ethics in games journalism" nonsense), but I'm not surpised at all that Gamestop was not there... like do they even sell PC games? barely I guess.

There's a number of different ways they can balance Leoric's trait. Really interested to see how they do it.

If it's just like "oh his trait has a cooldown" then wtv.

Yea like it's gotta be a CD or maybe he doesn't come back with full HP or something, because like I said, how do you fight for tributes or win haunted mines against a murky whose actually a full hero and doesn't have an egg for you to kill? Maybe he has an extended death timer, because early game is gonna be so broken for him if not.

The1Ski

I was hoping for a peak at some char skins! Why doesn't every character have 4 skins or why doesn't have every char a legendary tier skin?

And it's not that I really care about skins, it's just that it seems like easy pickings!

kirblar

I was hoping for a peak at some char skins! Why doesn't every character have 4 skins or why doesn't have every char a legendary tier skin?

And it's not that I really care about skins, it's just that it seems like easy pickings!
There are probably some in the trailer end shot, actually. I gotta go look it up on Youtube.

PTR next week.

Chaos17

I loved the reveal trailer and the interview, nice to see Blizzard really supporting that show by showing stuff that we didn't already see (I'm not talking about SC 2).

Leoric sound OP, I can see Blizzard nerf him, lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the announcement, would have preferred female monk but whatever. Leoric's trait already sounds pretty OP. Wonder how they'll balance it. Maybe he has a longer than normal timer and he has to do damage in order to lower it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hated that they called it a expansion by the way. That's not a expansion. Hell, you're blizzard. You sell ACTUAL expansions

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just watched the announcement, would have preferred female monk but whatever.
So far...
Barbarian - F
Crusader - F
Demon Hunter - F
Witch Doctor - M

So it makes sense monk is male and wizard probably will be as well, then they can have Eirena without being redundant.

So far...
Barbarian - F
Crusader - F
Demon Hunter - F
Witch Doctor - M

So it makes sense monk is male and wizard probably will be as well, then they can have Eirena without being redundant.

Would love to see classes from D2 get used; Necromancer and Druid would be awesome.

Finaika

So far...
Barbarian - F
Crusader - F
Demon Hunter - F
Witch Doctor - M

But the female Asian wizard is more iconic/sexy.

Dice

Would love to see classes from D2 get used; Necromancer and Druid would be awesome.
Yeah but I think they'll continue pulling friends & foes from D3 before they start reaching back in time. Not to mention that now they are beyond their original ideas, they'll probably try to avoid Jaina-Kael situations. Necro seems natural to be like Nazeebo and Druid like Thrall. It'll take some thinking to make them really their own thing.

But the female Asian wizard is more iconic/sexy.
I agree, but male barbarian is pretty iconic/classic and they went the other way with that. Although maybe they just didn't want another person who looked like Muradin and Falstad.

So far...
Barbarian - F
Crusader - F
Demon Hunter - F
Witch Doctor - M

I'd be surprised if they went with male wizard tbh. Then again, they went with female barb, so maybe I don't know. I don't think it needs to be balanced though, if they end up with more females in the diablo universe, that really doesn't matter much.

Cynar

They should just make a skin for both sexes for the Diablo characters tbh.
New characters imo. Tons of different builds to utilize and would flesh out diablo universe more. No need to limit to skins.

Female Wizard is definitely the most iconic of D3's classes IMO. Plus, Grey DeLisle voice actor.
I want both sexes represented but if we get Grey DeLisle again then I NEED the female wizard first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's unbelievable how much more fun Johanna is compared to the trash that is Muradin. When I finished Falstad a few hours ago, I went over to Johanna and I'm close to level 9. I was afraid I'd despise her like Muradin but the truth is that she's REALLY enjoyable for a tank!

GOOD STUFF! There is still hope that I will enjoy the tanks in this game! So happy about that.

mid83

Are there GAF groups going on in this game? I've never really dived into MOBA's and I keep hearing this one is the one to try. I've avoided it for the high learning curve and toxic community so hopefully if I do try this, maybe I can play with other GAF members and avoid all the random jerks out there.

Are there GAF groups going on in this game? I've never really dived into MOBA's and I keep hearing this one is the one to try. I've avoided it for the high learning curve and toxic community so hopefully if I do try this, maybe I can play with other GAF members and avoid all the random jerks out there.

Yeah, a lot of us play! In the in game chat, type "/join NeoGAF" to join the GAF chat channel, then type "/who" to see who is online. I always ask if anyone wants to party up for quick matches when I log into the game.

Also, this game is easier to learn than other MOBAs, since a lot of things are kinda simplified here. Things like XP on last hit, buying items, etc aren't in HOTS, but teamwork is much more emphasized here.

patchday

so pcgamer delivered. Took a few hrs to get to HOTS tho. I thought it would never get to it

Worried they calling it an "expansion". Seems like odd wording

mid83

Yeah, a lot of us play! In the in game chat, type "/join NeoGAF" to join the GAF chat channel, then type "/who" to see who is online. I always ask if anyone wants to party up for quick matches when I log into the game.

Also, this game is easier to learn than other MOBAs, since a lot of things are kinda simplified here. Things like XP on last hit, buying items, etc aren't in HOTS, but teamwork is much more emphasized here.

Awesome, I think I'll give it a shot tonight. Hopefully GAF members won't yell at me for sucking!

Any suggestions for a first hero to try out?

Awesome, I think I'll give it a shot tonight. Hopefully GAF members won't yell at me for sucking!

Any suggestions for a first hero to try out?

First, go through the tutorial if you haven't. It teaches you the basics of the game and you also net a nice amount of gold (in game currency) as well. Try out the heroes that are free this week. Valla is one of the free ones, and she is a great Assassin. If you end up liking the game, I'd recommend buying the $4.99 Starter Pack in the store. It gives you 3 heroes, a mount, and a stimpack (increases xp and gold earnings for a week). To earn gold to buy heroes, level up all the free heroes available in a given week to level 5 (500 for each hero that reaches 5). Then you can buy some of the cheap heroes you like playing.

Check out some MFPallytime videos to learn about how each character plays.

Chaos17

2 maps, a bunch of Diablo heroes? It's a collected theme, so Expansion fits pretty well.

Ain't people using the world DLC instead when it doesn't have heavy contents ?
I'm asking this because there was a big argument with Witcher 3 DLC vs expansions terms.

Werd

What about Johanna makes her particularly fun to play? Just curious

I'm tempted and have got 13 K, but if I ever play hero league I'm a little short on supports so I might go Uther for now. Although hopefully that Monk support is good and pretty soon.

kirblar

Johanna isn't particularly great in Soloqueue because she's the meatiest meat shield ever without much DPS, so I'd hold off on her if you're not tanking for a group regularly.

Leoric is a warrior. Has a trait that makes him turn into a ghost until his rez timer is up, then he respawns wherever the ghost is.

Monk is going to be support and can pick his trait in his first talent tier.

Oooh holy shit, that's pretty good. Can Leoric attack in ghost form? I imagine it'd be extremely reduced damage, the spawn anywhere his ghost is though...that's pretty good.

And that sounds neat for the Monk..I hope he has his 7 sided palm for on of his ultimates.

Alur

Oooh holy shit, that's pretty good. Can Leoric attack in ghost form? I imagine it'd be extremely reduced damage, the spawn anywhere his ghost is though...that's pretty good.

And that sounds neat for the Monk..I hope he has his 7 sided palm for on of his ultimates.

Yeah they were a bit ambiguous on the damage, but I'd imagine it is reduced or somehow mitigated.

Dice

Yeah they were a bit ambiguous on the damage, but I'd imagine it is reduced or somehow mitigated.
No he said it doesn't damage, but it does still slow/stun if he uses such abilities. Whatever would have been damage is converted into spawn timer reduction.

Maximus.

What about Johanna makes her particularly fun to play? Just curious

I'm tempted and have got 13 K, but if I ever play hero league I'm a little short on supports so I might go Uther for now. Although hopefully that Monk support is good and pretty soon.

You have to pair up with someone else or play with your team, but she is great at killing minions and pulling enemies in for the kill. Once you level her a bit, she is able to pull of some good finishing blows. Again a more team oriented character. Very hard to kill too.

Alur

Ah yeah that's it. It was a bit confusing to me in the way he said it as it sounded more like damage = reduced cooldown but still also damage. That makes sense, though.

patchday

Ain't people using the world DLC instead when it doesn't have heavy contents ?
I'm asking this because there was a big argument with Witcher 3 DLC vs expansions terms.

Yeah Bungie (Destiny) was calling their dlcs "expansions" as well even though it vastly paled in comparison to a proper MMO expansion (like Burning Crusade was to WoW).

I worry when I see marketing execs start using the term for any new content. But hopefully I'm overthinking it.

Alur

I worry when I see marketing execs start using the term for any new content. But hopefully I'm overthinking it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Its going to be exactly what it's been for months, no more no less. Wasn't Day 9 the one who first said it (expansion) anyway during his lead in? Then he kind of had to echo him but we all knew what he meant based on the information they had already given us.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 maps, a bunch of Diablo heroes? It's a collected theme, so Expansion fits pretty well.

No it doesn't

Is 1 map and 1 hero next patch, just like we had many times. Than later another map and another hero. That's not a expansion.

A expansion would be:

Here are 5 new heroes and 2 maps for 20 bucks. That's a expansion (in this gamea context at least). This is just adding content like they've been doing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yo johanna is my dawg

from 1-9 today with her, i'm addicted

also, loving the 100% boost

13 wins out of 16 games... SICK

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So far...
Barbarian - F
Crusader - F
Demon Hunter - F
Witch Doctor - M

I agree, but male barbarian is pretty iconic/classic and they went the other way with that. Although maybe they just didn't want another person who looked like Muradin and Falstad.

I'm pretty sure that the amount of women we've seen from Diablo 3 is more a result of trying to follow through on this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-open-letter-over-diversity-in-Blizzard-games

Keep in mind that in both Warcraft 1/Warcraft 2 and StarCraft 1, there were only two women, and the following games were still pretty stacked with guys as well until recently very recently.

Since there were gender options in Diablo 3, this gave them an avenue to actually make more female characters, even though they tried to portray about half/half for Diablo 3 itself, since this game covers all of Blizzard's IPs.

They also turned Duke/Warfield into Sergeant Hammer (and invented character) and also invented Brightwing along those lines. Even Li Li got through the queue very quickly.

Similarly, given the other half of the letter, I wouldn't be surprised to see more ethnically diverse characters make it through relatively quickly (compared to some characters you might expect earlier) as well.

Are they patching next week btw? They said 3weeks between hero patches and I think it lines up right? I only started recently so not sure. I kinda want to know so I can just wait on buying more heroes to see who gets buffed and nerfed, specifically I kinda want Anubarak and Illidan but considering they're apparently OP tier atm, I'd rather wait and see if they nerf them. Or are they just adding heroes without necessarily a patch that has balance changes in them?

Alur

Patch is the 30th. PTR goes up next week on 23rd.

And it looks like every other patch is going to have balance changes. This will be the one that will likely have some changes as the last one didn't have many compared to normal.

Patch is the 30th. PTR goes up next week on 23rd.

And it looks like every other patch is going to have balance changes. This will be the one that will likely have some changes as the last one didn't have many compared to normal.

Oh they have a PTR too, ok cool, guess I'll hold on to my gold then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom