• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I agree Blizzard is definitely reigning it/them in a bit here.

MULE for MVP. Glad for McIntyre, sad for Fan and co.

EDIT: I also love how much respect Mc gets with the bans. Not many of these other players get straight respect bans regardless of what is expected.

Ketch

The analytic replays are a cool idea but they need to give control of the play back to the analyst and I don't think the average game time is enough time... They should run them during these two minute breaks.

The whole production side things feels like there's someone back stage constantly telling them to hurry up.

They need to chill out just a bit

well Barrel Boys showing they're definitely back in action with this tournament

Hons is still their weakest player, but Hons's play this tournament was far better than what it had been even a few weeks ago, and leagues better than what it was when he first started playing with them.

Hons seems to play Abathur and Kael pretty well at this point, but he's still kind of robotic in his play and his Jaina looked weak when coL wanted to put Trummel on someone else. He got hardcore schooled when he played Vikings against Maelstrom yesterday

For a team of 4 guys sort of carrying their 5th except when he's playing Abathur, I thought they looked really good this tournament considering they've only been with both cattle and hons for just over 6 weeks now.

to me, NA pretty clearly looks like TS > c9M >> coL > c9V > 2ARC > Everyone else

give Complexity and Vortex some more time together and I think they have the potential to be in the same league as Tempo and Maelstrom. I think this meta is just extremely kind to Tempo Storm at the moment.

Next patch should be interesting especially with the changes happening to the supports... DunkTrain hates malf for example; will he be able to instantly play a top-tier malf when Malf is apparently buffed next patch?

I also think both TS would wipe the floor with EU right now. Team Liquid is beating up on the rest of Europe, but I've watched both scenes extensively when I have time and the level of play I'm seeing out of Tempo Storm is unparalleled

Alur

Zuna does some crazy shit. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It definitely adds a wrinkle to the team, though.

EDIT: This reset doing wonders for C9M. Wasn't it a C9M player who dc'd?

the Illidan "nerf" is going to be really interesting

It looks light on paper, but doing 250-300 less initial damage when going Meta is essentially a health nerf to him cause it will take him another ability cycle to kill a Jaina, Sylvanas, Kael, Malf, etc. and he'll have to stay alive even longer.

I think it's a really good change

On the flip side, prot shield scaling with its target and the Blood For Blood change will improve his sustainability quite a bit anyway, so it'll be interesting

kirblar

the Illidan "nerf" is going to be really interesting

It looks light on paper, but doing 250-300 less initial damage when going Meta is essentially a health nerf to him cause it will take him another ability cycle to kill a Jaina, Sylvanas, Kael, Malf, etc. and he'll have to stay alive even longer.

I think it's a really good change
Agreed. He and BW both received nerfs to abilities that undercut their core weakness. BWs - a lack of Burst Healing. Illidan's - a lack of Burst Damage.

You don't want talents that let you fix those intentional holes in your gameplan by letting you go full DK syndrome.

edit: G2 of GF- wtf is DunkTrain doing with BW here, he keeps getting killed solo on bottom when he isn't retreating immediately.

edit2: Have they bothered to explain how their GFs are working? Are they 3/5, 3/5? 2/3, 2/3? Something else?

Alur

Its a best of three it looks like.

Sucks for Tempo if they lose as they'll be the only team that didn't get two shots at winning unlike in KOTS and the like where the loser's bracket team had to take two straight series to win as everyone had to be double eliminated, instead of just everyone except the team who deserves it the most by winning the winner's bracket.

EDIT: Never mind, if C9M wins they play another set. That makes more sense.

patchday

This is rough trying to hit L5 on some heroes on rotation before week is out. My schedule was crazy busy this week. I even had a full quest log too. Had a little fun with Brightwing but I don't think it's for me. At least I got her to L5

Was listening to Town Hall Heroes and they had Zixz on from C9 Vortex in car a few minutes ago which was recorded Tuesday or Wednesday.

They asked him who Vortex played today in the Open and he said our first round is against Complexity.

Zoia pipes up, "So you've basically got a bye first round?"

Zixz says, "Yeah pretty much."

Proceeds to get 2-0'd by Complexity and fall into loser's bracket. YOLO

haha trummel just said they definitely knew about that

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I need another specialization hero. I have Sylvanas, I was thinking Nazeebo or Murky. It's going to be long grind :(

ZAGARA. Top tier fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just bought Uther and the medic skin, along with Diablo and the murloc skin.

Again, I have no idea why. Sigh.
I'm so sorry Smooth Operator.

subwilde

So after playing 50 games with Nova straight going 900-200 I switched it up to Falstad and am loving it! Tried a few classes before him but had to come back to assasin, it just feels so natural to me haha.

Had fun with the gaffers tonight! Might try to sneak in a couple games before bed :D

Yoshichan

4 wins in a row... I swear you get placed against much harder enemies when you solo que.

Alur

I think someone does capture them somewhere, yes, but I believe most of us just pull it from reddit once it goes up. It's also on the official forums in a big mega thread IIRC.

Yoshichan

The struggle of waking up 5am... no one to play with, losing out on 50% Friend bonus for 10 matches in a row :(

Alur

That's when you gotta rejoin Gen Chat, the EU Amovetv channel (I'm assuming it's there, not sure), or the EU reddit channel and hope someone is looking for coop and avoid anyone wanting to play anything else. If you reeeeeeeeealllyyyy want the 50% that is.

That's what I do when I have nothing better to do group wise or entertainment wise.

Sometimes we have to rub elbows with the plebes, Yoshi. But only sometimes. :D

Wok

One thing which adds to the confusion between heroes is that we can have two identical heroes in the same game. Typically: 2 Luisaile and 2 Malfurion.

578e8Bc.png

Yoshichan

That's when you gotta rejoin Gen Chat, the EU Amovetv channel (I'm assuming it's there, not sure), or the EU reddit channel and hope someone is looking for coop and avoid anyone wanting to play anything else. If you reeeeeeeeealllyyyy want the 50% that is.

That's what I do when I have nothing better to do group wise or entertainment wise.

Sometimes we have to rub elbows with the plebes, Yoshi. But only sometimes. :D

Ok :( I guess I have to tick that "looking for group"-box and join some reddit-clan or whatever it's called ._.

Savitar

I think someone does capture them somewhere, yes, but I believe most of us just pull it from reddit once it goes up. It's also on the official forums in a big mega thread IIRC.

I went to look but all I saw was a massive wave of Chinese spam in the forums.

Holy crap.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Admit it, you're never going Murky.

I promise you, I am soooooo gonna play Murky before the end of the month!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
New sale.

Arthas -- Sale Price: $4.24 USD
Crown Prince Arthas Skin -- Sale Price: $4.99 USD
High Templar Zeratul Skin -- Sale Price: $2.49 USD

If I get Arthas, that is the skin I want. However, I'm not sure if I want Arthas/any new warrior when Leoric is coming out soon.

Yoshichan

Wow, this is the worst sale for me... I guess that's a good thing though!

Kioshen

With all that top tier Abathur play during the NA week-end I'm tempted to spend 10k on him. Not sure how viable he is in soloq however.

Xater

With all that top tier Abathur play during the NA week-end I'm tempted to spend 10k on him. Not sure how viable he is in soloq however.

Playing him in Soloq is a bad idea. On some maps it immediately puts the team with him at an disadvantage.

Yoshichan

Can't wait to try Abathur out tbh!

Is Arthas any good? I never see him get playtime

He used to be really good and was my most played hero until i switched to Diablo. I would say he is a flawed hero.

Main problem he has is lack of mobility/CC that the other tanks have. He has no way to escape properly, and the frost trail is very predictable and easy to avoid.

He CAN be really tanky, but you then forsake all the damage talents and a smart team will just ignore you. His trait (Frostmourne) can do a lot of damage if you talent for that, but then he serves more like a pseudo-assassin type.
His ultimates are good but if i am playing him as a tank i feel like choosing one means a bad trade off otherwise. Sindragosa is great for initiating, however Ghouls is essential for staying alive.

For QM, he is good fun and you can perfectly win games with him. However, once you get into the higher part of Ranked play there are simply much better options if you want to win your games.

Kioshen

Playing him in Soloq is a bad idea. On some maps it immediately puts the team with him at an disadvantage.

That's what I thought. I had to explain murky stuff to people when I soloq with the green dude so I can't imagine with Abathur. I should spend my gold on Kael/Sylv and wait for sale on Abathur.

patchday

Thanks guys, that doesn't sound like a good fit for me. I'll give Arthas a go on a free rotation though before spending my gold/cash on him

Xater

That's what I thought. I had to explain murky stuff to people when I soloq with the green dude so I can't imagine with Abathur. I should spend my gold on Kael/Sylv and wait for sale on Abathur.

Those two are really good heroes that also work well for soloq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom