• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

C9 Maelstrom asserting their dominance, much like we expect.

That last fight from Zeveron was terrible. Down a talent and just walked right into that bait.

Xater

Is there like some Youtuber or someone else who does an analysis of all the changes? Just reading changelogs makes my eyes glaze over after a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Alur

Is there like some Youtuber or someone else who does an analysis of all the changes? Just reading changelogs makes my eyes glaze over after a while.

Tempo Storm has had a player do it before. No one does it regularly that I know of personally, though we haven't had a big patch since release so we may start seeing that stuff maybe?

Ketch

I dislike 90% of these changes.

They killed promote after having just made it a thing. I thought promote comps were in a good place and actually added a lot to the game by way of strategic choices. They nerfed lili (why!?) and rehgar without making any changes to uther. Nerfed Diablo? ok. Buffed KT living bomb cooldown? Why? I guess it's to improve his early game, but I don't see the logic behind a lot of these changes.

But Sonya buffs tho! And BFB, envenom changes are cool, and then the bigger reworky type changes I'd need to see in game to make judgement on.

Maledict

I dislike 90% of these changes.

They killed promote after having just made it a thing. I thought promote comps were in a good place and actually added a lot to the game by way of strategic choices. They nerfed lili (why!?) and rehgar without making any changes to uther. Nerfed Diablo? ok. Buffed KT living bomb cooldown? Why? I guess it's to improve his early game, but I don't see the logic behind a lot of these changes.

But Sonya buffs tho! And BFB, envenom changes are cool, and then the bigger reworky type changes I'd need to see in game to make judgement on.

Promote was *massively* disliked in the pro scene, by a huge amount - even by the teams running it and winning with it. And the strategy still remains, all they really changed is the fact you don't get the free complete heal when you use promote - the minion still takes the same amount of damage from towers and other minions, and still does the extra damage to them. It's a nerf,but it's not a complete gutting of the ability.

I also think this patch doesn't have the balance changes from the last 6 weeks. I suspect they are a patch behind in terms of balance stuff, so unless something is hugely grievous they will wait to the next big patch to fix it. Hence why Anub isn't touched I guess.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
so many changes made for pros who orchestrate their comps and talents together that are complete shit for everyone else

Ketch

Promote was *massively* disliked in the pro scene, by a huge amount - even by the teams running it and winning with it. And the strategy still remains, all they really changed is the fact you don't get the free complete heal when you use promote - the minion still takes the same amount of damage from towers and other minions, and still does the extra damage to them. It's a nerf,but it's not a complete gutting of the ability.

I think you're over exaggerating quite a bit. Promote wasn't massively disliked by a huge amount in the pro scene. Few vocal players were annoyed when it first became a thing, but the vast majority of on the record comments were a long the lines of: yea it's annoying, but it's not cheese, and it can be drafted/played around. And then it didn't even win that many games.

The big difference with the promote change is that it no longer increases the minions health while also not decreasing the amount of damage they take from Heroes. So hypothetically, it's just as easy for valla to kill a promoted minion as a non-promoted minion. Which means it's not gonna force her to stay in lane longer to defend instead of assisting at the tribute or temple... which is a pretty big nerf imho.

And I'm not trying to say it'll be useless now, just that it doesn't make sense to rework it AGAIN after having just changed and with it being in a good place now. It's not like massive promote was in every game or even winning the majority of the time it was being played. In my opinion it adds a whole nother pillar to the games strategy that started in the draft and lasted through out the game. It brought non-viable heroes into the meta.

Maybe it'll still be that way, but it was fine the way it was, no need to change again so soon by so much. It would be one thing if it was like okay instead of 300% bonus hp it's now 250 or 200%, but this looks like a knee-jerk over reaction nerf.

Alur

so many changes made for pros who orchestrate their comps and talents together that are complete shit for everyone else

What was changed that is going to make things complete shit for regular players like us? I'm honestly curious.

I mean the Rehgar nerfs are weird I agree but promote isn't even understood as far as how to use it properly by most players I see at diamond level, let alone lower. The Illidan change is to the good for everyone but Illidan players. The Brightwing nerfs were expected and the Malfurion buff is probably a good thing. What other huge change was bad for us?

Alur

Was listening to Town Hall Heroes and they had Zixz on from C9 Vortex in car a few minutes ago which was recorded Tuesday or Wednesday.

They asked him who Vortex played today in the Open and he said our first round is against Complexity.

Zoia pipes up, "So you've basically got a bye first round?"

Zixz says, "Yeah pretty much."

Proceeds to get 2-0'd by Complexity and fall into loser's bracket. YOLO

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today went better with Li Li... I think... still painfully frustrating to play as ._.

kirblar

That accidental double snipe of Rehgar/Uther is actually awesome for them.

If the other team can stun you as LiLi, just grab Dragon, btw.

I liked Rehgar way more than Johanna, lol.

Alur

Kerrigan first banned.

I really would love to see McIntyre and co take it to the big boys but I don't think its possible due to how obvious their strengths are.

I love Johanna's condemn build. Can solo any merc camp no problem, evaporate waves in one condemn, on top of her awesome base kit for tanking. It's great.

Mattiator

Hey everyone been playing for abit now, only made it to player level 8.
I was wondering is the 19.99 physical release worth the purchase??
Thanks for any response.

Alur

Thanks for any response.

It's not a bad start Mattiator. Unless you want the physical box, you should get it from dlgamer.us though if it is in stock. Several of us purchased from there and it's 15.99. Looks like it is out of stock though.

You can also get it from G2A for 16.50 or so and use one of the discount codes from one of the many HOTS or Hearthstone streamers and probably come out ahead.

Mattiator

It's not a bad start Mattiator. Unless you want the physical box, you should get it from dlgamer.us though if it is in stock. Several of us purchased from there and it's 15.99.

Right on :)
Thank you very much I will check that out as soon as I get home from work!

Thanks for any response.

I think it is. It has some really good heroes, but if you don't want to spend the $20.00 you can always get the $5 starter pack from the in-game store and you get a 7 day stimpack along with three heroes. If you do want to spend the 20.00, I would definitely get the retail pack.

Mattiator

I think it is. It has some really good heroes, but if you don't want to spend the $20.00 you can always get the $5 starter pack from the in-game store and you get a 7 day stimpack along with three heroes. If you do want to spend the 20.00, I would definitely get the retail pack.

Thanks for the response!
I will look into the $5 starter pack also.

Alur

Blizzcon North America Open Round of 8 qualifiers were today. Tempo and C9M are the last two standing, of course. They play tomorrow.

Alur

Best play we've ever made. That Proto mosh pit was what saved us. I got Gust off right before we got caught in their mosh and it carried us through Proto's.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Going for the boss at 12 is bad enough, but when the whole enemy team is alive and 3 levels above you on a stage that's all about teamfighting? Wow.

As for your questions Alur, I mean like Sprint off Jaina, making B4B weaker, Envenom over time (so there is more chance for heal counter), and yes Promote things, etc. It's just pushing these things more and more into obscurity for the average player. I think if something is nerfed until it's only really worthwhile in a proper comp with a whole team that "gets it" then it should just be replaced with something else, something unique that works both there and average level solo/duo queue. Easier said than done, I know, but it's just kind of annoying when pro team exploits break stuff that isn't broken for anyone until they are on a whole team playing at that level.

kirblar

Nerfing universals into the ground isn't a bad thing. They can't just wholesale rip them out, but this is a good first step.

Overdrive/Gathering Power would be ones I hope they eventually tackle.

Alur

Looks that way. Guess he will be the 4th of the Diablo heroes maybe?

And Malfurion looking more and more like our new Storm Mantle overlord. All hail the root.

Ketch

They've already nerfed GP. I think it's fine now.

A lot of these nerfs are because the talents have super high pick rates.... But they should be buffing/reworking the unpicked talents instead. Same reason they nerf Kung fu hustle, and it has the same down side. Weak stuff stays weak or gets weaker. It sucks and I wish they would put the effort into buffing stuff instead.... Every hero and every talent should be OP in its own way or situation.

kirblar

They've already nerfed GP. I think it's fine now.

A lot of these nerfs are because the talents have super high pick rates.... But they should be buffing/reworking the unpicked talents instead. Same reason they nerf Kung fu hustle, and it has the same down side. Weak stuff stays weak or gets weaker. It sucks and I wish they would put the effort into buffing stuff instead.... Every hero and every talent should be OP in its own way or situation.
You can't make everything good. But what you can do is make universal talents very mediocre. They aren't interesting and moving away from them's in the game's best interest- but they can't yank them out without creating major issues.

Ketch

You can't make everything good. But what you can do is make universal talents very mediocre.

I disagree. They can make the talents be whatever they want them to be, there's no reason they can't all be good. Regardless, there's plenty of lame shit that they could definitely make way better before they make the few good choices worse.

Sheik

Man! Brightwing was my most played Hero and my go-to support. These nerfs seem pretty significant. Granted, she did need nerfs badly. Gust was such a fun ult. Really liking Malfurion these days so at least there's that.

Xater

Man! Brightwing was my most played Hero and my go-to support. These nerfs seem pretty significant. Granted, she did need nerfs badly. Gust was such a fun ult. Really liking Malfurion these days so at least there's that.

I used her a lot os well, but Uther is my main support so I think I'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom