• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonya isn't horrible, but she's probably the least fun hero in the game. I have her to level 9, but will probably never play her again until she gets an overhaul.

Alur

In b4 Ketch arrives with Sonya defense force.

He is just waiting for the day she is top tier. Actually to Ketch she already is.

Clearos

Had a pug group last night. The entire chat they were quoting lord of the rings, annoying at first but got pretty hilarious at the end. Having one guy dive boom the dragon knight by himself, get killed and just yell in all caps FLY, YOU FOOLS.

They died a lot but in the end we pulled out the win. We totally got Frodo to Mount Doom.

-Digits-

I like Sonya on a fundamental level but I never dare take her to anything other than a coop game. I always feel like my team would be better off with an actual warrior.

fedexpeon

Banned
Also, Sonya is the shittiest character in the game, by far. Once again, Blizzard must be completely dense for them to ignore such a shit character.

Yup.
Fucking slower than Muradin. She can't close gap due to her shitty CD on spear.
Her spear talents need a rework, or remove spear and gives her leap as Q and change spear into a heroic ability instead.
Her movement speed after using Fury should be 35-40% increase speed...If they have Jaina on their team and you are playing Sonya, just ALT+F4.
You are going to get destroy so hard due to lack of HP and defense.
You can't do your 800-1k slam damage when being kited into nothingness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd love it if her spear was changed with a leap. The leap doesn't even need to be stun-on-hit.

Valus

Has there been any hero so far that they revamped to the point that they completed changed some/all their toolkit?

Sonya's spear with the level 8/13 upgrades is great. Great range, always pulls, grants fury, all on a 8 second CD. It's not easy to escape Sonya imo. With the 16/20 shield procs she becomes very tanky, making it very easy to initiate fights and stay alive. On top of all that she's decent at wave/camp clearing, especially if you take the increased Slam splash damage at level 4.

What's even better about her is that if you end up with another (tankier) warrior, you can build her as a bruiser that can solo boss camps at level 10 and wreck fools with 800~1k damage Slams using 13/16 slam buffs.

AND her master skin is awesome.

Alur

Illidan used to silence his targets and so forth. This was his kit. It wasn't hugely different kit wise, he just did different things.

I think most changes have been adjustment of function or direction with the kit they have instead of completely new kits. Sometimes it's just one new ability like Tass and Illidan.

Desaan

The problem with Sonya is the only way to play her is to build SS (Seismic Slam) and SS to me at least, has a crazy slow animation speed and windup time. If you build Whirlwind, one disable during WW and it interrupts it and it's back on CD, then your back to being useless again. Her spear range is also pathetic and should more in line with Stitches hook, with appropriate talents of course.

kirblar

The problem with Sonya is the only way to play her is to build SS (Seismic Slam) and SS to me at least, has a crazy slow animation speed and windup time. If you build Whirlwind, one disable during WW and it interrupts it and it's back on CD, then your back to being useless again. Her spear range is also pathetic and should more in line with Stitches hook, with appropriate talents of course.
Pros are taking the spear upgrades for mobility nowadays.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
please give me the best Sonya spec right now

characterselect_muradin_1.jpg

Woah, this used to be Muradins design way back when. Crazy, wouldn't mind a skin like this to be honest.

kirblar

The idea on Reddit to give Thrall bloodlust and give Rehgar Earthquake is really interesting.

Thrall currently doesn't have a reason to take him over other options in his category. That would certainly be a big one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Woah, this used to be Muradins design way back when. Crazy, wouldn't mind a skin like this to be honest.

They tried to make them all more StarCraft-like when it was still a StarCraft 2 map.

Samuro was similarly Za'Muro and wore Protoss templar-inspired armor.

Valus

please give me the best Sonya spec right now

My builds:

Tank Build - Shot of Fury, splash damage, spear range, leap, spear cd reduc/always pull, nerves of steal, hardened pain or w/e (75% damage reduc)

Bruiser/Solo Boss @ lvl10 Build - basic attack heal, superiority, follow-through/spear damage if you're good with it, wrath, slam fury cost reduction, slam damage/fury cost increase, wrath buff/75% damage reduc if you're getting focused too much

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They should give Sonya what Nautilus has in LoL. If your spear connects, it has a lower cooldown.

It also should be able to hit terrain without the talent.

Yoshichan

Looking at an early alpha video... 40 bribe coins used to work on an entire bruiser camp. Why did they change that?

egruntz

shelaughz
My God the Murk is so fun.

Octograb's range is ridiculous lmao. delete delete delete delete all game long boiz.

Love playing this guy on Sky Temple/Cursed Hollow. The PRESENCE during objectives is insane.

I love getting all these comments during draft:

"PLS NOT MURKY"
"NO NO NO NO NO"
"oh god murk"
"GG."

To have them convert in the end:

"Murk da god"
"WP Murky"
"GG Murk"

lol

JC Sera

The idea on Reddit to give Thrall bloodlust and give Rehgar Earthquake is really interesting.

Thrall currently doesn't have a reason to take him over other options in his category. That would certainly be a big one.
I feel like Bloodlust is one of Rehgars best aspects
I'd like to see the switch, but I really don't want that taken off him.

QMs are pretty bad these days, 28 mins per match or just lose at 5 difference levels because the tanks or the dps are just farming lanes in objetives phase.

My God the Murk is so fun.

Octograb's range is ridiculous lmao. delete delete delete delete all game long boiz.

Love playing this guy on Sky Temple/Cursed Hollow. The PRESENCE during objectives is insane.

I love getting all these comments during draft:

"PLS NOT MURKY"
"NO NO NO NO NO"
"oh god murk"
"GG."

To have them convert in the end:

"Murk da god"
"WP Murky"
"GG Murk"

lol

That's where my last win as Murky was from. The top lane pretty much belonged to me. With the help of a Li Li and Nova, I kicked an enemy Zagara out of it multiple times.

kirblar

Murky's got one of the highest winrates right now.

The issue isn't picking Murky, it's someone bad picking Murky and doing things such as:

a) Raynoring all game
b) Grabbing March instead of Octograb
c) Picking Murky into a comp that already has TLV.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Last couple random QMs I was in was awful. People still ignoring the objectives and we get behind in levels by 3 to 5 so you can't even kill the other team for the extra xp while you wait for the game to end.

Yoshichan

So fucking spoiled by the 100% buff... the lack of it is really, really painful.

My gold is burning a hole through my pocket and I want get a new Assassin hero but with the PTR I'm not sure if Zerutal, Kerrigan or Kael'thas are still any good.

Anyone been on the PTR to know what is happening to those heroes? Any recommendations?

fedexpeon

Banned
My gold is burning a hole through my pocket and I want get a new Assassin hero but with the PTR I'm not sure if Zerutal, Kerrigan or Kael'thas are still any good.

Anyone been on the PTR to know what is happening to those heroes? Any recommendations?

Kael is always good since he is a range nuker.
Always spend your money/gold on range heroes, they will always be superior in the long run.

kirblar

Zeratul wasn't touched. He is godlike right now.

Wait till patch day to see if any prices drop when it goes live.

Yoshichan

You're so wrong in many ways and ur dead to me and your bad at video games.
No, I think your bad at video games and your wrong about you're statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom