• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

So what's the deal with these rare skins? Are they just available for a limited time?

Nah. Pretty much every skin is always available. The ones that aren't going to be they'll announce beforehand. So far that's only been the Christmas/Holiday themed skins and mounts, along with a few other mounts which were just test cases in Beta.

Ragnaroz

Maybe to cheer things up a bit I went and bought the starter pack to get a mount and character I wanted. Considering the costume trick meant I got another copy of the character I have five codes to give away.

Lili
Sonya
Zeratul
Zagara
Jaina

I'll give away each to the first person to quote this and ask for a specific character. You only get one, and if you got one from someone before try not be greedy. I'll PM you the code.

So have at it. First come first serve.
Zeratul or Zagara pls.

Pooya

Maybe to cheer things up a bit I went and bought the starter pack to get a mount and character I wanted. Considering the costume trick meant I got another copy of the character I have five codes to give away.

Lili
Sonya
Zeratul
Zagara
Jaina

I'll give away each to the first person to quote this and ask for a specific character. You only get one, and if you got one from someone before try not be greedy. I'll PM you the code.

Jaina please

edit: well late bah

Kenaras

Lili
Sonya
Zeratul
Zagara
Jaina

Wow, those went quick. Grats to the winners.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HELLO DANIEL

Maximus.

Fuck Illidan is out of free rotation :( I was so close to level 6 to get his portrait. I want to eventually buy him, but there are other characters I have enjoyed more than him. Still on the fence about Sylvannas...what do people think of her?

Edit: How are people getting codes for Zagara? I really enjoyed using her and if she is being given out for free somewhere, then that would be cool to know!

are there no new skins to purchase on discount this week?

Nothing seems to have changed at all for "release" all feels a bit anti climactic.

nbraun80

It reeeeeaaaally depends on the hero. For example, Nova has some trouble even with just giants at level 15, but Zagara can take those at 7. ETC has stuns and can take a lot of damage, especially if you picked superiority, but they take so long getting them with him it's not the best use of your time.

What heroes do you like to play?

The matchmaking system tries to get a decent balance of types going. I've seen 4 assassins but not of anything else, and that one is pretty rare. You can get kinda screwed in composition, though, but since open beta skill levels are ridiculous comp doesn't really matter.

There is a hero(Nazeebo) in the game that gets stronger for every kill on a minion if you have afflicted that minion with his poison passive, which is if you have basically attacked that minion with your autoattacks or abilities within 4 seconds. this has to be talented though

other than that, no not really. Even the talents(Seasoned Marksman) that make your auto attacks stronger doesn't make you have to get the minion kill, just have to be in range of the minion at the time of its death.

Depends too much on the hero and build and map, like he said, to reliably say. Then there's deeper strategy once you get coordinated and experienced where you'll grab camps at specific times to capture an advantage in a different lane while you fight over an objective.

In general, though, mercs are ignored in 90% or more of the bot games I've played in the past year.

No last hitting other than Nazeebo's talent. There are matchmaking rules for that. If there is no support on one team there won't be one on the other. Support will always get matched against one. No more than 4 assassins. No more than 3 warriors etc. You will get wild comps on occasion for sure.
thanks guys, and yeah played about 5 AI games now, and it's a little weird coming from League. Little weird not having things like flash, a jungler, focusing on cs, etc, not necessarily bad, just weird. ha I've been playing just Valla because D3's the only game Blizz game i put a crap tons of hours into so it seemed like a hero I already understood. It's been going well with her, and fairly fun so far. :)

vAKRish.png

Rejoice!

Very excited to try her out! Gotta wait till the drop to 10k though...

well first you should look for her cloaking effect before she attacks and hit her with aoe. with a decent monitor it's easy but generally they hide in grass and camp so next step.
Their movement, clones usually don't escape, real one escapes immediately. This is the most obvious one. Early in the game they don't do damage either so it's another way to tell. The way the clones attack and turn around usually gives it away. When it gets busy and you get jumped on its hard to tell though. Usually Nova players camp near your own walls to snipe you as you escape. This is the most cliche nova attack but you can't do much about it if your hero is slow.

so basically if a newbie didnt know how nova played, they would attack the clone regardless. They have to know the playstyle of nova in order to determine which is clone and which is the real one. No simple way of looking at an icon or trait of the clone to know it is the clone.

I'm not asking for me, just for those have upset the person who says to not attack the clone.

zoukka

Fuck Illidan is out of free rotation :( I was so close to level 6 to get his portrait. I want to eventually buy him, but there are other characters I have enjoyed more than him. Still on the fence about Sylvannas...what do people think of her?

Always solid, but in the long run I found her more boring than I would've guessed. Give her a second viable ult goddamnit!

Nah. Pretty much every skin is always available. The ones that aren't going to be they'll announce beforehand. So far that's only been the Christmas/Holiday themed skins and mounts, along with a few other mounts which were just test cases in Beta.

So do they just label them that way to charge more?

Kurita

why asmo hate? he's fair and well designed, super slow too. Can only get a short escape late in the game. If you're having trouble with him your team has bad assassins.... a decent nova wrecks him... I know from experience... I hate Nova.

Super annoying harrass during early game with his giant ball.

How do they know it's not a clone or is the real nova? Tell me the secrets please.
Azmo with his lazer beam of following death? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

>=D Evil consumes you,.

It's not that hard to see that a second Nova pops right in front of you when there's already one fighting you. And the clone's movements scream "I'm not a player" so...

Alur

So do they just label them that way to charge more?

No they are labeled to tell you what they do. The higher the "rarity", the more features the skin adds. It says it right there on the skin if you click it as far as what features it adds, whether it's new voiceovers or new graphics or whatever.

For the most part the only skins that cost more are the legendary ones.

Super annoying harrass during early game with his giant ball.

It's not that hard to see that a second Nova pops right in front of you when there's already one fighting you. And the clone's movements scream "I'm not a player" so...

What if they pop a clone when their in smoke or grass? What if they pop two? What if they want you to engage the clone first before jumping on you with zeratul? What if there are different scenarios where nova hides and your scenario is not present in every encounter with nova? What if?.... how do i found out then?

Savitar

Dat's it. All gone.

Congratulations to those who asked and received.

Sorry to those who didn't.

Enjoy your time in the Nexus and remember the golden rule.

Stay tight....yet loose at same time.

Pooya

so basically if a newbie didnt know how nova played, they would attack the clone regardless. They have to know the playstyle of nova in order to determine which is clone and which is the real one. No simple way of looking at an icon or trait of the clone to know it is the clone.

I'm not asking for me, just for those have upset the person who says to not attack the clone.

well if you see a Nova appear it is probably a clone, the real one appears next. So if a player attacks the first Nova they see, like they usually do, they are wasting their abilities. It's not complicated in most encounters. It's something you should pick on after a few games, but yeah newbie gonna fall for it the first few times and it's launch now there are a lot.

Asd202

Lili
Sonya
Zeratul
Zagara
Jaina

Damn too late would love to get Jaina,

Kurita

What if they pop a clone when their in smoke or grass? What if they pop two? What if they want you to engage the clone first before jumping on you with zeratul? What if there are different scenarios where nova hides and your scenario is not present in every encounter with nova? What if?.... how do i found out then?

Nova never goes face to face with an opponent. It attacks before being uncloaked. So if the Nova that pops out of nowhere hasn't attacked, well, chances are it's just a clone.

I am hoping the shop has some new starter bundles for the official launch. I've held out buying any characters with $ or gold until launch assuming there would be some new offerings. Oh well. I am buying Johanna either way.

Nova never goes face to face with an opponent. It attacks before being uncloaked. So if the Nova that pops out of nowhere hasn't attacked, well, chances are it's just a clone.

i've seen nova's stay in stealth, pop their snipe while stealthed then launch their clone. so if it's a newbie nova that goes head to head and does not hide, then should we attack the one who is damaging us or wait for the 2nd one to appear? just going by the logic you presented is all. Plus all clones attack right? thought they do but don't do dmg unless elected as talent in higher lvls.

zoukka

I though you had the same in ranked, I read that in the old thread.

Yeah... boy was I wrong. In qm there is rarely even a match you could remotely describe as proper gameplay. Comps with missing roles, scores like 50-1 or some shit. It's insane. My MMR doesn't matter at all, I get paired with rank 40 dudes.

Maximus.

Always solid, but in the long run I found her more boring than I would've guessed. Give her a second viable ult goddamnit!

Ah ok, I got that vibe from the try mode. I will make a decision about my next character soon enough, though I am leaning towards Zagara. I want to try out Johanna, since I really liked Crusader in D3.

Does anyone else choose vunerable with shadow dagger for Sylvanas since it spreads? I LOVE IT SO MUCH in team fights when everyone is huddled up doing the finn and jake.

AM I DOING IT WRONG? :(

Messiek

Yeeeih! |OT| ftw!
I almost have every hero at level 6 ... need all those portraits, man . lol

but seriously,
*PING PING* why is that guy, aba ... abathur just standing there?!

zoukka

Ah ok, I got that vibe from the try mode. I will make a decision about my next character soon enough, though I am leaning towards Zagara. I want to try out Johanna, since I really liked Crusader in D3.

Zagara is solid as a rock. You are never sorry to have her in a comp. The strongest single laner in the game yet still rocks 1v1 and contributes to teamfights with maw. And dat vision from creep.

Chaos17

Yeah... boy was I wrong. In qm there is rarely even a match you could remotely describe as proper gameplay. Comps with missing roles, scores like 50-1 or some shit. It's insane. My MMR doesn't matter at all, I get paired with rank 40 dudes.

url

My advice is to wait for Johanna free week (unless you're 100% sure)
I had a total crush on Kael Thas, I bought him then realzed in QM that me and him ain't clicking at all.
In practice match it was allright, tough.

Just trying to say : be cautious

Alavard

Does anyone else choose vunerable with shadow dagger for Sylvanas since it spreads? I LOVE IT SO MUCH in team fights when everyone is huddled up doing the finn and jake.

I take it when I feel our team needs a little more oomph in damage. It also works on buildings and the core, which can make a tremendously big difference in a late game push.

zoukka

I just want to test hero builds I am not comfortable with but how can I test them if the games aren't representative of a proper match D:

Maybe I just need to hit ranked and drop to pleb league again -.-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just want to test hero builds I am not comfortable with but how can I test them if the games aren't representative of a proper match D:

Maybe I just need to hit ranked and drop to pleb league again -.-

Do it!

I usually take Blood for Blood at level 16. It can guarantee a kill and heals you. Shadow Dagger's range gets shortened if you choose Cold Embrace, so I find it a bit risky. If you are voice chatting with a good team, it can be good for combo setups, but I usually solo.

Pooya

they really should expand try mode to to full game with AIs. I'm not sure why not, current try mode is pointless. I want to see how a character does in objectives.

I take it when I feel our team needs a little more oomph in damage. It also works on buildings and the core, which can make a tremendously big difference in a late game push.

Yeah, that extra 25% just feels so good and feels like a game changer when i get it. Enemy team asking how they hell did they just burst us so quick? RIGHT!? hehe

I usually take Blood for Blood at level 16. It can guarantee a kill and heals you. Shadow Dagger's range gets shortened if you choose Cold Embrace, so I find it a bit risky. If you are voice chatting with a good team, it can be good for combo setups, but I usually solo.

That is always my other choice i want to choose, but then i just wanna shadow dagger them all to the after-life!!! I must be lucky with my team comps because i am a solo qm player and i get lucky. Maybe because it just spreads and i didnt have to choose one specific hero atm. ^_^

ETC has stuns and can take a lot of damage, especially if you picked superiority...

ETC doesn't have that generic tanking skill anymore, it's been replaced with a talent tied to his slide, you get a 25% damage reduction for a few seconds after powerslide.

kirblar

She has a lot of CC.
Blizzard need to give some to Stiches too!
She seems very similar to Arthas in a lot of ways. Hopefully they've actually given her the survivability needed for that type of playstyle that they took away from him.

Twookie

She seems very similar to Arthas in a lot of ways. Hopefully they've actually given her the survivability needed for that type of playstyle that they took away from him.

her shield seems massive, and it gives her cc immunity. Whether it's big enough we'll just have to see but I think she will have a good amount of survivability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom