• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ah, ignore my previous unedited post. Thought it was this weekend. Of course Blizzard would do it two weeks after their fuck up and not just one week after it. I'll be in Japan when this shit goes live so I hope everyone enjoys the XP bonus. I truly, sincerely do hope that everyone, both the people who deserves and doesn't deserve it, enjoys it.

Edit: on a positive note, I'm happy that they buffed the hydralisk for Zagara. That's a huge buff, well deserved.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're going to Japan? Yoshi you lead a crazy life.

Edit: on a positive note, I'm happy that they buffed the hydralisk for Zagara. That's a huge buff, well deserved.
I hope for the sake of all the noobs that they fixed the infinite spam of it on the AI.

Puaru1

The guys over at the Into the Nexus Podcast (podcast by 2 enthusiastic dudes who aren't pro level but still very knowledgeable and likeable) had Kent-Eric Hagman on as a special guest where he shared a lot of cool insight on what it's like to work on Heroes, and gave us a hint on what Belial might play like whenever he is eventually added (it's gotta happen eventually, all 7 Evil's need to be in at some point).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNKfGL9hVYk

Dice

Nazeebo has too many generics.

Maybe they wont totally overhaul him, but as they give generics the boot one by one, it will slowly change him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaand that's that, folks! All assassins at level 10. Since my fun-tier-list is becoming too cluttery (and nonsensical), I decided to actually rank them more specifically.

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad
Medium fun: Johanna, Tychus, Anub'arak, Illidan
Low fun: Li Li, Raynor, Nova
Trash: Muradin

usxOvCm.jpg

Dice

I really want to see the Rhen'ho Flayer as a talent. Make the frogs super scary.
I always pick the talent where the frogs blow up into spiders, as well as zombies that last longer and the one where they get up and chase. With that kind of stuff he always rocked at sneaky AOE damage, which can be cool depending on context, but then with Azmodan, Sylvanas, Kael, and Gazlowe's rework among other things, that main strength of his has just been becoming more and more irrelevant. That's why he feels like he needs a rework, but if they just boosted his power overall it'd be cool.

Aaaaaaand that's that, folks! All assassins at level 10.
Now get the second best master skin in the game.

Ketch

Damn was really hoping they'd axe the garg and give him something cooler. Ther are so many summon a giant thing ultimates and D3 witch doctor has a lot of cool spells.

Yoshichan

So I bought the human skin Arthas and it says that some of his abilities should have different skins... I'm not noticing anything though...?

Edit: no wonder I enjoyed Thrall so much. During the lvl 1-10 process, I managed to get the most takedowns out of all the assassins so far :p

4zbLwio.jpg

Yoshichan

So how tanky is Tyrael supposed to be anyway? 1k health at lvl 1... doesn't seem tanky at all, despite being able to shield up and whatnot. His talents aren't very tanky either... it's mostly damage.

Ketch

So how tanky is Tyrael supposed to be anyway? 1k health at lvl 1... doesn't seem tanky at all, despite being able to shield up and whatnot. His talents aren't very tanky either... it's mostly damage.

He can get decent tanky in the mid to late. But tyreal has always been more about mobility and damage in my eyes.

For defense I would go regen master, amp healing, and the shield talent that gives more Hp regen when struck.

kirblar

Not very. He's designed to initiate and get a takedown quickly in an engagement- his abilities let him and your team (courtesy of the Mario Kart speed boost) chase down the enemy.

Yoshichan

Gotcha! So utility warrior then.

So far, this is the information I've managed to collect by playing a few AI games...

Q
Use for creep/minions
Use to disengage battle
Use to engage a battle quickly

W
I guess use every encounter as soon as it's off cooldown

E
Use to chase enemies
Use to bail away from enemies

Ultimate
Use to chase
CC in group fights

I already miss my homie Thrall :(

kirblar

Tyrael's a mana hog too. Don't use the sword move during waveclear. (Wish you had picked Anub!) edit: Oh you already did, lol.

No one uses Sanctification- it's completely bizarre on him and I suspect might get adjusted in the future. Just stick with Judgement.

Yoshichan

Yeah, warrior's been decent so far! Johanna and Anub were both good so I've got faith in the warrior so far (Muradin made me want to kill myself though).

kirblar

Yeah, warrior's been decent so far! Johanna and Anub were both good so I've got faith in the warrior so far (Muradin made me want to kill myself though).
Ty's the last one you want to use right now of the tanks- the rest are in the poop tier until Blizzard fixes them.

Yoshichan

Ty's the last one you want to use right now of the tanks- the rest are in the poop tier until Blizzard fixes them.

Wait, I don't get it. Tyrael is the last tank I should be playing? And the rest of the warriors are trash right now? I'm confused what you're trying to say lol

Alur

Fan replaced Biceps.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for the conversation after C9M lost twice in the NA Open...and then the subsequent conversation yesterday when Tempo heard about the roster change.

EDIT: Wait, who's playing for C9V right now in Fan's spot?

kirblar

Fan replaced Biceps.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for the conversation after C9M lost twice in the NA Open...and then the subsequent conversation yesterday when Tempo heard about the roster change.

EDIT: Wait, who's playing for C9V right now in Fan's spot?
Turdburger guessed correctly and won a skin on stream. We don't know yet.

Yoshichan

That is indeed what I meant.
Oh well, I don't find the warriors too bad to play :p I mean, Anub certainly is a beast imo.

Anyway I'm getting Tyrael to 10 next - and I just bought Arthas skin so I guess I'm playing him after Tyrael... but that won't be for another 2 weeks :/ I still can't believe how I'm going to survive 2 weeks without this game. I'll be so left behind on all the crap...

Skab

I would laugh if the next franchise event is Warcraft instead of Starcraft.

Also, as a random side note, Blizzard is really trying to get you to come back to D3 with this next patch, Yoshi.

Yoshichan

Also, as a random side note, Blizzard is really trying to get you to come back to D3 with this next patch, Yoshi.
Between Heroes, Hearthstone, me being thrown out of my apartment, getting ready for another year of hard work in school, girlfriend and taking care of cats - there really is no hope for Diablo and Yoshichan getting together again :( Not until they release a big expansion of some sort.

zoukka

Oh well, I don't find the warriors too bad to play :p I mean, Anub certainly is a beast imo.

Anyway I'm getting Tyrael to 10 next - and I just bought Arthas skin so I guess I'm playing him after Tyrael... but that won't be for another 2 weeks :/ I still can't believe how I'm going to survive 2 weeks without this game. I'll be so left behind on all the crap...

Left behind? You started so late you can't be late by any standards.

Yoshichan

Left behind? You started so late you can't be late by any standards.
Perspective, son. 2 weeks of content is still 2 weeks of content, no matter if it's in alpha or on release.

Ketch

No one uses Sanctification- it's completely bizarre on him and I suspect might get adjusted in the future. Just stick with Judgement.

I think it has potential but just hasn't been used effectively yet. People used to say divine shield was bad too. Invulnerability is very powerful and even though the argument is just run away & wait it out I still think there are use cases where even one or two seconds of sactification could win you the game.

like protecting a kaelthas after he's been hard engaged on. or negating a hinterlands/vp combo.... things like that, where even just a split second of invulnerability will turn the fight. You don't have to fight inside the sanctification for it's duration for it be useful

I think sanctifications biggest issue is that judgement is like one of the best ultimates in the game

kirblar

It's less that it's a bad Ult but more that it's on the squishiest tank in the game. If it was on someone beefier it'd be a lot more interesting.

Yoshichan

Guess whos perspective is skewed here :)

herp derp

On topic, is Butcher or Leoric gonna be released first? And they're both gonna be warriors or is one of them gonna be an assassin?

Ketch

It's less that it's a bad Ult but more that it's on the squishiest tank in the game. If it was on someone beefier it'd be a lot more interesting.

herp derp

On topic, is Butcher or Leoric gonna be released first? And they're both gonna be warriors or is one of them gonna be an assassin?

Butcher is first he's an assassin, there's a bunch of info on him at heroes nexus and other HotS sites. Leoric is a couple weeks later I guess he's a warrior.

Yoshichan

Butcher is first he's an assassin, there's a bunch of info on him at heroes nexus and other HotS sites. Leoric is a couple weeks later I guess he's a warrior.

Perfect! Thanks~

Alur

It's interesting teams are getting seeding points for the next open from this event. Have we heard of any other events giving seeding points prior to July?

Zafir

Those warrior win rates. I'm surprised even Muradin is so low.

WWKoGfb.png

Honestly, I'm not. While tanks are incredibly important when it comes to more competitive games, in uncoordinated QM they don't offer as much as other roles. If you queue as tank you risk getting put with other tanks, and then end up lacking damage. Lacking damage is a sure fire way to lose games.

They really need to limit the amount of warriors in QM matchmaking to two per game.

-Digits-

I have a 66.6% winrate with Muradin after 30 games. Git gud scrubs!

Seriously though, solo queue as warrior is soul crushing. I can't do it any more and it's my preferred role.

I was referring to the image above. ;)

I know, wasn't being serious :D

RazorK1d

Warriors don't suck. People need to learn to play with them. Assassins need to learn to take advantage of when the warrior displaces/cc an enemy to focus fire on them. Support needs to learn to keep the warrior up when the tank is actually tanking/body blocking the enemy team. In qm, too many people either play their warriors as low damage assassins with more health or play them like they're made out of tissue paper and hide in the back like a ranged glass cannon assassin instead of getting in the minions/enemy teams face.

Overall with all the patches, I think warriors are stronger than they have ever been without being OP. People just need to learn how to play with them/as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom