• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypotc

If you didn't have vision why would you waste your ult?

I'll clarify; My shadow dagger made her visible for two seconds, so I just fired to see if I could hit her before she ran away.

edit: I'll post a new vid with the perspective of my character.

zoukka

It's really frustrating to see how the matchmaking makes you lose by pairing you with low ranks after winning some. Makes it feel like skill has nothing to do with my rank.

Ketch

Is the patch on the 30th gonna change the cc/daze-thing as well?

Yep! sonya gettin another bump. Can't wait for when I'm proven right again and then Alur plays it off by saying the meta changed and it's not because she's been good the whole time.

htCK4zh.jpg

I know I'm not this bad. What is happening? :'(

Apparently, I should play Raynor more (lol)

RazorK1d

I want to buy Tassadar but I mostly solo queue in QM. Would that be too frustrating with getting matched against true healers?

Tassador is fine as a support, people just need to learn that he is a preventative support, not a healer. His shields are very strong, you just have to learn to land them before the enemy engages on your teammates which is a hard thing to do when people are use to healing after damage is done. But those shields, when used right and aggressively, can negate so much burst.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Every since I started playing with this friend who plays Anub, my win rate increased with like 600%.

9 wins, 1 loss so far

Zafir

Tassador is fine as a support, people just need to learn that he is a preventative support, not a healer. His shields are very strong, you just have to learn to land them before the enemy engages on your teammates which is a hard thing to do when people are use to healing after damage is done. But those shields, when used right and aggressively, can negate so much burst.

Considering the shield is only one target, and it's his only form of healing/protection (barring HW which is now pretty useless against certain heroes), it's just not really enough. You'd have to build your comp around nuking down targets before they can even touch you much, which quite frankly isn't going to happen in QM because you have no control over who you get put with.

Tanks nor Tass isn't bad. They're just bad in the QM setting which is totally uncoordinated. It's got nothing to do with people needing to learn to play them correctly. Tass, like the tanks, are bottom of the win percentages even at Diamond/Master levels whom would not be there if they couldn't 'play'.

Edit: Forgot about Storm Shield, but that's pretty late on.

Indignate

Almost time for "Fresh meat!" boys.

Plus I heard there's a map and some balance changes or something but who cares about that rite?

Does he actually say fresh meat because I don't think I can handle another character yelling that all the time in my life.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ahhhh, so many horrible players still playing this game. When are they all leaving? I'd gladly have 1000 good players than 100,000 players and 99% of them are god awful.

Alur

Ahhhh, so many horrible players still playing this game. When are they all leaving? I'd gladly have 1000 good players than 100,000 players and 99% of them are god awful.

I'd rather have the 100,000 so the game lives. They'll get better to varying degrees. Plus just because a player is a great X, Y, and Z, the variety of heroes makes it so that players are often on hero A, B, or C leveling that they are bad at or not as good at. The comparison for you would be your misery with Muradin vs how you felt with Thrall.

It's also worth noting that based on your hotdogs you are platinum which still puts you better than like 60% of players even at that rank. Most players are never gonna make it that far.

And yeah, if it were top 1000 none of us would be playing anymore.

Yoshichan

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Had a "steam moment" with the next sales, I can't remember if I already own Zaggy's skin or not, and i wanted it bad

Only the best 1000, I'd assume?

Then nobody in this thread would be able to play anymore.

Dem truth bombs

Yoshichan

9 3/4th in with Tyrael now... definitely turned out to be my favorite warrior!

I've decided that in two weeks, when I come back, I'll start with either Uther, Rhegar or Arthas (human ftw) :lol

Milly79

So, we did this:

Tyrael went Sanctification
Malf went full moonfire
Li Li went mostly damage
Rehgar full heals
Tyrande... well, Tyrande

GG, LEL

Alur

So, we did this:

Tyrael went Sanctification
Malf went full moonfire
Li Li went mostly damage
Rehgar full heals
Tyrande... well, Tyrande

GG, LEL

This is what the game is all about, IMO. At least for those of us who aren't competitive.

I bet when they saw the comp they were like "LAWL" and then when we roamed and ganked 4 or 5 of em before the first spiders they were like "WTF".

is this game difficult to run for a computer? im fixing to build a new pc in the next week or 2 and was thinking about trying it out on my laptop before then. for comparisons my laptop could run diablo 3 at full speed on the recomended settings, but had noticeable slowdown when playing on high.

Alur

is this game difficult to run for a computer? im fixing to build a new pc in the next week or 2 and was thinking about trying it out on my laptop before then. for comparisons my laptop could run diablo 3 at full speed on the recomended settings, but had noticeable slowdown when playing on high.

It's more CPU intensive than GPU intensive, so if you plan on getting one to run it keep that in mind.

Ketch

lot of fun games tonight. Don't get to play stitches too often, and even though he's pretty underpowered atm, he's still fun as shit.

Alur

We had some great ones tonight. Some nice wombos. Some awesome troll comps.

The return of the revenge of the NA GAF.

helped we had coL.Ketch on our team. Glad McIntyre let him come play with us after practice

I play on a 2011 Macbook Pro with a 256mb Radeon card. It runs smoothly on low graphics settings. Other than lag issues, which happens to everyone now and then, I have no problems. I guess I am missing out on spell effects and other cool graphic stuff, but it doesn't bother me in the least.

JC Sera

I play on a 2011 Macbook Pro with a 256mb Radeon card. It runs smoothly on low graphics settings. Other than lag issues, which happens to everyone now and then, I have no problems. I guess I am missing out on spell effects and other cool graphic stuff, but it doesn't bother me in the least.
In a pretty similar situation, as long as you turn the textures on high and everything else on low, its still a very pretty game.

jetsetrez

Holy fucking shit, 7 losses in a row. I am getting so fucking angry at this worthless fucking matchmaking, argh. Awful, completely non-sensical, lopsided compositions. Every. Single. Game. How is a team supposed to build to late game if they literally don't even have the roles to man each lane!?

Feels fucking bad man.

Maximus.

Holy fucking shit, 7 losses in a row. I am getting so fucking angry at this worthless fucking matchmaking, argh. Awful, completely non-sensical, lopsided compositions. Every. Single. Game. How is a team supposed to build to late game if they literally don't even have the roles to man each lane!?

Feels fucking bad man.

To be fair, my team has won many games not manning each lane properly. Just takes a team that plays smart and works together. Win objectives, don't die too much and work together. I know the feeling though, I hate the long losing streaks too.

Yoshichan

Good morning :)

Let the final day begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom