• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hm... I feel like trying him out with my 2-man premade now ._.

We'll see, perhaps when I return home!

Yoshichan

Give it two games, that's all I ask! If he is no fun after two games I will be sorry (;_;) and you never have to use him again.

So far, the characters that I've thought was gonna suck has turned out to be surprisingly awesome so I'm not worried at all to be honest :p

-Digits-

I don't expect Abathur to go on free rotation any time soon and I decided to skip him last time he was on sale, which I still regret in hindsight. He's the last hero I never played and I think I'd enjoy him.

I'm not seeing what could impact that combo after reading the patch notes. Can you explain why ?

Maybe i'm wrong but Illidan losing his invul frames is gonna impact him and thus this holy combo.

I did not hear how bad the impact from this change is from the PTR though.

Yoshichan

18th level 10 hero done, this time Tyrael and his mobility alone made him insanely fun. But yeah, he needs a solid group which is his weakness in my opinion :p

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael
Medium fun: Johanna, Tychus, Anub'arak, Illidan
Low fun: Li Li, Raynor, Nova
Trash: Muradin

sGylx8T.jpg

Yeah Tyrael is cool - the mobility tools make him really fun and the pseudo-support talent feels satisfying to use. Judgment is an awesome Ultimate, too. Feel like you need another warrior along side him though.

The End

18th level 10 hero done, this time Tyrael and his mobility alone made him insanely fun. But yeah, he needs a solid group which is his weakness in my opinion :p

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael
Medium fun: Johanna, Tychus, Anub'arak, Illidan
Low fun: Li Li, Raynor, Nova
Trash: Muradin

have you tried the Muradunk build?

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guid...ch-the-ultimate-muradunk-alley-oop-build-4067

It's a lot of fun, and it's insanely satisfying to knock a teams tank out of position and then trash their squishies

at 13 you can also easily solo merc camps, which is super useful

Interfectum

Honestly, if you run Abathur with a premade of at least one other person, he is amazing. I have almost a 63% winrate as Abathur in Quick Match solo queue, so to me, a playing as experienced as you should win more than lose with him.

Do it Yoshi. Do it.

Yup. I roll Abathur with a buddy of mine and we are constantly winning games for the whole team. I'm probably at a 75% win rate with Abathur + coop partner.

Since I'm having fun with him again, I fully expect my current playstyle to get nerfed by Blizzard as per usual. /bitter

have you tried the Muradunk build?

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guid...ch-the-ultimate-muradunk-alley-oop-build-4067

It's a lot of fun, and it's insanely satisfying to knock a teams tank out of position and then trash their squishies

at 13 you can also easily solo merc camps, which is super useful

Muradin is great. I have a ton of fun playing as him. I uploaded a 1 minute clip just the other day of a fun Haymaker play I had with him. I think Haymaker is supremely underrated. If you're choosing Avatar you're choosing no-fun!

Honestly, if you run Abathur with a premade of at least one other person, he is amazing. I have almost a 63% winrate as Abathur in Quick Match solo queue, so to me, a playing as experienced as you should win more than lose with him.

Do it Yoshi. Do it.

Abathur is amazing but you need to reach 10 before the enemy team to see his potential and stop dying goddammit.

He is a monster in late game

Alur

Week of Tuesday, June 30, 2015:
Raynor
Muradin
Falstad
Sonya
Tyrande
Gazlowe (Available after you reach player level 12)
Azmodan (Available after you reach player level 15)

Gat damn what a horrible free rotation. RIP in peace to anyone solo queuing during this mess.

So it's Monday and now instead of a 3 - 18 record I have a 17-3 record.

The swings in this game are unbelievable.

Yessir. Rubberband man.

Don't really see people get a loss streak of more than 6 or 7 often (I had one of like 18 once), a good two or three days is almost always followed by a losing record or getting completely rekt for a day at every MMR level I've played at.

Butcher comes out tomorrow right? How does he play?

Yes. We won't know til he gets here. Here is a link to Heroes Nexus with his abilities and heroics and so forth along with videos.

Seems like he's gonna slot somewhere between current Thrall and current Illidan. How he looks versus Illidan once the changes are in for Illidan tomorrow I don't know, though.

Ketch

Butcher comes out tomorrow right? How does he play?

Life steal hero whose trait drops +atk damage globes when you kill a hero or creep. Lvl 1 talent can make the globes heal you, and there's a lvl 16 talent that increases you atk speed the more HP you're missing.... I think maybe, hopefully, he plays like blood seeker.

-Digits-

I picked Haymaker once. Then I got blamed for losing because apparently you stop being a tank if you do. I think we ended up winning too, despite their Muradin being a real tank.

Zafir

Well, I think it's like Force Wall, in that it's not a easy ultimate to use and if you use it incorrectly, you will help the enemy team.

90% of the time I see either used, it seems to help the opposing team, lol.

I picked Haymaker once. Then I got blamed for losing because apparently you stop being a tank if you do. I think we ended up winning too, despite their Muradin being a real tank.

In the video I posted above, I basically said "screw it" and went for a build that just countered the hell out of Illidan. I have the full match also hosted on my channel, but basically, I had some goofy all-Thunderclap talent build that anytime I'd run into Illidan I'd just keep him attacking at a reduced rate. If shit ever got too crazy I'd Haymaker a fool. Not as tanky at all, but it was so fun and I was in solo queue QM anyway, which is such a crapshoot, so who cares.

-Digits-

In the video I posted above, I basically said "screw it" and went for a build that just countered the hell out of Illidan. I have the full match also hosted on my channel, but basically, I had some goofy all-Thunderclap talent build that anytime I'd run into Illidan I'd just keep him attacking at a reduced rate. If shit ever got too crazy I'd Haymaker a fool. Not as tanky at all, but it was so fun and I was in solo queue QM anyway, which is such a crapshoot, so who cares.

I love speccing into the attack speed reduction stuff versus auto attack heroes. I think that's why I enjoy the Warrior role so much. I just enjoy being a disruptive little asshole and ruining some Assassin's day when he thinks he's hot shit. Or something.

Artanisix

"What are you doing here? The guy who taught me support Riki on HotS?! Teach me your ways! :p"

Lol I'm actually pretty bad at HotS, but the game is fun enough to throw on once a day after I'm done working and just want to relax.

Cerato

Neo Member
If you want to have fun in QM, just use this kerrigan build:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/kerrigan-eternal-queen-of-blades-2405

Don't worry about all the disclaimers, they're for org players. My win rate is like 75% with this. In a normal PUG, I'm fed at level 16. Around level 20s, I'm killing people in one combo. I probably get a quad kill every three or four matches on a maelstrom cleave combo. It's just a great way to blow off steam at the end of your day :)

pigeon

Banned
I feel like ETC is terrible in QM specifically because it really doesn't matter how many targets I stun -- my teammates have a 0% followup rate on Mosh Pits.

I may as well just take Stage Dive and at least get some benefit.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
havent logged in for a couple days, getting behind on the dailies...

when do i have to log in so the dailies appear? sometimes it seems like i get 2 at a time.

pigeon

Banned
havent logged in for a couple days, getting behind on the dailies...

when do i have to log in so the dailies appear? sometimes it seems like i get 2 at a time.

I don't know how it works in Heroes necessarily, but in Hearthstone you don't have to log in every day to get your daily quest -- if you miss a day and log in the next day, you'll get two dailies that day.

The turnover is 3 AM, I think.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't know how it works in Heroes necessarily, but in Hearthstone you don't have to log in every day to get your daily quest -- if you miss a day and log in the next day, you'll get two dailies that day.

The turnover is 3 AM, I think.

makes sense, i think thats probably how it is.

If you want to have fun in QM, just use this kerrigan build:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/kerrigan-eternal-queen-of-blades-2405

Don't worry about all the disclaimers, they're for org players. My win rate is like 75% with this. In a normal PUG, I'm fed at level 16. Around level 20s, I'm killing people in one combo. I probably get a quad kill every three or four matches on a maelstrom cleave combo. It's just a great way to blow off steam at the end of your day :)
Thanks for sharing - i picked up Kerrigan this weekend gone will give it a try.

Llyranor

I'm on the EU server. Friend has a US b.net account. Can he change to EU for this game, and retain his US stats/DLC/etc for his other games?

Stealth assassins makes this game anti-fun. 4 Games back to back now with Zeratul and Nova roaming together.

Just played a game like this! They fell behind in xp pretty fast since Zera wasn't laning. Was playing Jaina, took iceblock and at the very worst I would trade with nova as my elemental would finish her off. Pretty sure everyone who could took spell shield too. We ended up winning by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom