• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain N

Any details on Unbreakable yet? I know it comes out in April, but i just wanted to know if we'll see any extra features that weren't in the dvd release.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
In a particularly strange turn of events, my Toshiba freebies showed up on the last day of the year after waiting for seven months... and the replacement batch that was supposedly sent after I called in early October to inquire about the status was also sitting on the doorstep today.

Now I've got two copies each of five movies that, upon seeing the selections, I don't particularly want -- couldn't remember what I'd chosen, just that none of the options were very good from that original rebate. Probably give a few to a friend and see if I can trade the rest in somewhere.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Bonerville High said:
Is this thread like your blog or something?

Hey guys I just went to the bathroom, I had to pause my Blu-Ray movie before I went.
Check the post counts, he's ahead, by a lot. :lol

Bonerville High said:

Hey guys I just went to the bathroom, I had to pause my Blu-Ray movie before I went.

jesus, he was just trying to be friendly....

...oh wait, junior member.

Bonerville High said:
well...
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 25,058
User Name Posts
VanMardigan 1,496
I'll be gettin the RE box set (plus bag), Payback, and Hitchhiker's tomorrow using the $20 coupon at Best Buy. I'm thinking of getting that Spider-Man box set from Target as they have exclusive packaging that's like the Die Hard box set.

well, have you seen the Die Hard box set? It's one case that holds all 4 discs, kind of like the Planet Earth set. Everywhere other than Target got a box set with 3 individual cases for the three Spider-Man movies while Target got a case like the Die-Hard box.

Ponn01 said:
I will get right on that. Making you a postcard right now.

"Dear TheJesusFactor -

Well, it's 5 years in the future and i'm crying myself to sleep right now as I write you this. I am so saddened that I cannot rip my entire Blu-ray collection to huge fucking data files and transfer them over my high speed Wireless Z network between my multiple 1080p TV's (cause i'm filthy rich now). I know I could have just bought another Blu-ray player since they are $50 bucks now but I was just so caught up on your thinly veiled allusion to HD-DVD's copy management I could not bear it.

BFF! Ponn01

PS - tell the police i'm down the hall in the bathroom. Taking a dump."

That doesn't make sense. 5 years is a very long time for technology. Prices per gigabyte would drop dramatically enough for affordable media servers to store HD content. Wireless access will also be dramatically faster and more affordable. You will probably see wifi in a lot more devices in the future. Media servers will also allow you to take your dump while watching a movie on your PSP3. I'll be looking forward to that card.

NR1

Amazon has anounced that 2007 was their best holiday season yet, and released a few interesting facts as well...

-Amazon.com sold Nintendo Wii systems at approximately 17 per second when they were in stock.

-Amazon.com sold enough high-def DVD players to cover seven football fields.

-Amazon.com sold enough Hannah Montana wigs to outfit the entire audience at her December 20th show in Providence, RI. :lol

-Top sellers in video games and hardware included Nintendo Wii, “Super Mario Galaxy” and “Call of Duty 4.”

-In DVDs, top sellers included “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” “Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series” and “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.”

-The last Prime order placed on December 23 in time for Christmas delivery contained "Futurama, Vol. 1" DVD, "Lost in Translation" DVD, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" CD, "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand paperback, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" CD, and "Pulp Fiction” (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) DVD delivered to Herndon, VA on December 24th.

Anyone here live in Herndon, VA? :D

EDIT: The link to source-- PR-USA.net via Google News

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Bonerville High said:

:lol

What a way to start off the year. And then dune piles on as if it's unusual to have folks with high post counts in huge threads.

ignatz, be glad you get a free pass in all this.

VanMardigan said:

What a way to start off the year. And then dune piles on as if it's unusual to have folks with high post counts in huge threads.

Well, until you dropped my name, anyway! :lol

VanMardigan said:

who? :)

sorry, I forgot my ;) there. I wasn't riding you, if that's what you mean.

Xater

GuessWho said:
how was 3:10 to Yuma? Is it purchase worthy for next week?

I think it was a great movie. It's been a long time since I have seen such a good western. I know I will buy it as soon as it is released over here. It just started it's run in the cinema over here on Dec. 13th if I am not mistaken.

Xater

chubigans said:
Moreso than Crank??

Well even less story but more action + ridiculesnes.

I wouldn't say it is better than Crank but I thought it was a fun movie. You could search the thread for this movie here on GAF to get some more impressions.

Costanza

Banned
:D My best buy put out Sunshine a whole week early. Fucking awesome.

I picked up that, RE: Extinction and finally got Live Free or Die Hard since it was down to 24.99 and used the 20$ off coupon. For whatever reason, none of the BBs got the standalone Resident Evil 1 so I need to find that somewhere now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Costanza said:
:D My best buy put out Sunshine a whole week early. Fucking awesome.

I picked up that, RE: Extinction and finally got Live Free or Die Hard since it was down to 24.99 and used the 20$ off coupon. For whatever reason, none of the BBs got the standalone Resident Evil 1 so I need to find that somewhere now.

ooh, better check my online supplier. if the distributors have it early they usually ship early.

damn fox and their region coding. would have been nice to have picked up sunshine in the UK when it was out

Ovid

Sony says that 3.4 million Blu-ray disc drives are also in PlayStation 3 machines, giving it a numerical advantage.

I don't understand this part of the NY Times article from yesterday. It sounds like the writer thinks that Sony is lying.

Costanza

Banned
Xater said:
Joke post? :D

Have you seen the movies? If not: STAY AWAY!

Extincation may have been the worst movie I have seen since Alone in the Dark.
I dunno, if you go in just expecting hot girls kicking zombie ass they're fun movies.

and yeah bish they had the 3 pack for 58. i didn't pick it up because i had the 2nd already and they wouldn't let me use the coupon on it.

I own an HD DVD player now and don't really get into sony games do you guys think I should get a Blu ray player off ebay for $200 to $250 or wait till they are $250 or less MSRP this fall?

Whipped Spartan said:
I own an HD DVD player now and don't really get into sony games do you guys think I should get a Blu ray player off ebay for $200 to $250 or wait till they are $250 or less MSRP this fall?

If you can wait, wait. THis fall, they'll probably be cheaper than that, and they'll support more features (the PS3 already does, other players do not).

Gav

Costanza said:
I'm gonna watch it in like 10 minutes. impressions later :)

Im in the UK, and got Sunshine on BR a while back.

Seriously awesome. The bit where they sit and watch Mercury go by had me sat with my jaw wide open.

Whipped Spartan said:
Just wait for another PS3 price drop, you'll probably see one at some point in 2008.

Gav said:
Seriously awesome. The bit where they sit and watch Mercury go by had me sat with my jaw wide open.
That scene alone made the movie for me. Shame it falls apart in the third act.

Thanks for the BOGO link, I'm going with 28 Weeks Later and Syriana.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Ignatz Mouse said:
Another BOGO I couldn't resist.

Die Hard 1 and 3 for me this time.

Die Hard is on this one? *orders*

Also, Harry Potter 1-4 is in this deal too if anyone wants to pick them up. Comes out to $10 for each movie.

Forsete

Costanza said:
alright, sunshine is definitely in my top 5 hd discs as far as PQ goes.. just stunning.

The PiP stuff is really cool too.

Sucks donkey dick that we got a simple version here in Europe. :( Its my fav movie of 2007.

Sucks even more FAUX region codes their movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom