• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine on 60 Minutes - 7/24 at 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I find myself wondering why she is so bad at this.

He asks "In your view, any effort in the DNC to favor one candidate or another would have been improper?"

The correct answer would've been: "Yes, I think it would be improper, and I assure you if such a thing occurred I had nothing to do with it" etc. etc. Instead she says she hasn't read all the emails so she can't really answer and deflects with "I'm proud of my campaign" and the rest. Why would she need to read all the emails? Why can't she just state "I don't approve and I didn't approve and I had no knowledge of such a thing" or something similar?

Jonm1010

Banned
I find myself wondering why she is so bad at this.

He asks "In your view, any effort in the DNC to favor one candidate or another would have been improper?"

The correct answer would've been: "Yes, I think it would be improper, and I assure you if such a thing occurred I had nothing to do with it" etc. etc. Instead she says she hasn't read all the emails so she can't really answer and deflects with "I'm proud of my campaign" and the rest. Why would she need to read all the emails? Why can't she just state "I don't approve and I didn't approve and I had no knowledge of such a thing" or something similar?

Too safe really does seem like a legitimate criticism at times.

It checks all the PR boxes but ends up being less then the sum of its parts because it comes off like over PR. Which it is.

Also, she is probably tight-roping because she just gave DWS a honorary chair on her campaign.

Effect

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Initial read is very strong. Kaine actually speaks up when he isn't directly prompted, which is interesting.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, heard Kaine speak on Saturday without knowing who he was. Awesome guy who knows his stuff and is capable of taking the heat to Trump.

Initial read is very strong. Kaine actually speaks up when he isn't directly prompted, which is interesting.

Which is intentional I think.

Putting on a purely political hat for a moment:

1) It shows he can speak up and the big, scary woman isn't controlling him.
2) It contrasts Trump/Pence dumpster fire.
3) Gives him a chance to have a voice and define himself without Queen doing it for him.

Hillary is so much smarter than I am.

This ticket, man. This works so well.

csyyqoofz2n1v031ubc0.GIF

yami4ct

Hillary avoiding calling Trump names and jumping in the mud with him is a great move.

Two politicians who have their shit together and are presenting ideas and potential solutions. It's almost weird to see that again.

Two, reasonable people talking specifics and refusing to engage in name-calling.

Imagine that.

Also: Kaine says the right shit. He makes me fairly proud as a Virginian.

KingV

Too safe really does seem like a legitimate criticism at times.

It checks all the PR boxes but ends up being less then the sum of its parts because it comes off like over PR. Which it is.

Also, she is probably tight-roping because she just gave DWS a honorary chair on her campaign.

Which has to be the dumbest move yet. Like, even if there is nothing there, she created the appearance of corruption by then 'hiring' the lady who supposedly put her thumb on the scale for her during the primary.

This will be the new story on red state until the election: cheated during the primary, and the proof is that she then hired DWS (even though I she is probably unpaid as "honorary").

I get that the details don't add up to that story, but it won't matter because so many people don't pay attention to details.

Blader

Huh. It hadn't occurred to me that 2020 would be the 100th anniversary of women getting the right to vote. That's re-election campaign gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom