• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine on 60 Minutes - 7/24 at 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Not able to watch today but I'll make a point to do it tomorrow - I'm very impressed with Kaine so far and the two have great chemistry. Good choice by the Hillary camp.

People should really watch this to get a sense of how the two candidates differ.

While Clinton still has to use generalities for the voting public, she gave a complete picture of what she would be governing on. And Kain did too, which was a very nice surprise.

Axiology

I find myself wondering why she is so bad at this.

He asks "In your view, any effort in the DNC to favor one candidate or another would have been improper?"

The correct answer would've been: "Yes, I think it would be improper, and I assure you if such a thing occurred I had nothing to do with it" etc. etc. Instead she says she hasn't read all the emails so she can't really answer and deflects with "I'm proud of my campaign" and the rest. Why would she need to read all the emails? Why can't she just state "I don't approve and I didn't approve and I had no knowledge of such a thing" or something similar?

Yep, when I saw that clip I was like

ap-london-olympics-artistic-gymnastics-women-4_3.jpg

She really expects us to believe she doesn't know anything about these e-mails? Practically everyone in the country's heard the story about Sanders' religion, she hasn't even been briefed on the issue? After having hired DWS for her campaign??

Kaine had to pick up the slack, and he did it really, really well. He's pretty much her Biden. Only problem is, she's not her Obama.

She really expects us to believe she doesn't know anything about these e-mails? Practically everyone in the country's heard the story about Sanders' religion, she hasn't even been briefed on the issue? After having hired DWS for her campaign??

Kaine had to pick up the slack, and he did it really, really well. He's pretty much her Biden. Only problem is, she's not her Obama.
Uh, how would she have known about those e-mails exactly? Considering their private e-mails between DNC members unless Hillary herself had hacked the DNC, how would she have known. Not like these are her e-mails but e-mails between thousands of different people. Especially since this interview was conducted right as this whole mess was coming out on Saturday (important to note: the 60 minutes interview was not live. It was pre-recorded and was actually shot around the time CNN and MSNBC really started to cover the story from my understanding) before she would have had a chance to have been briefed or anything her actually knowing anything about what was or wasn't in the e-mails would have been odd

ap-london-olympics-artistic-gymnastics-women-4_3.jpg

I really think people need to reassess what they think this "hiring" is. Also, whatever happens is happening in the future, after she officially resigns after the convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom