• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine on 60 Minutes - 7/24 at 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine was honestly the perfect choice. In contrast to pretty much everyone this election cycle, he comes across as the most genuine and not in the bullshit says whatever is on his mind way.

RqgEujn.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought it was very good. The contrast was pretty stark. Pelley wasn't really combative on any issue, which is kind of a testament to how they answered the questions. Wonder how Leslie Stahl would have handled it.

How can that comment section be so filled with alt republicans...?

Are liberals just not as vocal on social media type platforms?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It seems like Kaine barely spoke. Heads and shoulders above the Trump/Pence interview.

Hillary really is a much better at interviews than big speeches, and Kaine is right there with her all thew way, as a VP should be.

It's such a stark difference from that other ticket.

Plumbob

Which has to be the dumbest move yet. Like, even if there is nothing there, she created the appearance of corruption by then 'hiring' the lady who supposedly put her thumb on the scale for her during the primary.

I imagine the position was negotiated, without a concession Debbie may have refused to resign.

Iolo

I'd like to watch that Trump/Pence interview for contrast but it won't work on any platform I try. May be using some ancient tech like Flash. Too bad.

Nerokis

I find myself wondering why she is so bad at this.

He asks "In your view, any effort in the DNC to favor one candidate or another would have been improper?"

The correct answer would've been: "Yes, I think it would be improper, and I assure you if such a thing occurred I had nothing to do with it" etc. etc. Instead she says she hasn't read all the emails so she can't really answer and deflects with "I'm proud of my campaign" and the rest. Why would she need to read all the emails? Why can't she just state "I don't approve and I didn't approve and I had no knowledge of such a thing" or something similar?

There's a bit of confirmation bias going on there, don't you think? We can all agree she has her clumsiness as a politician, but she's better in debates, interviews, hearings, etc. than most. She was pretty good in this very interview, where she apparently gave a single answer you didn't like.

It seems like Kaine barely spoke. Heads and shoulders above the Trump/Pence interview.

Yeah, I sort of thought that at first but many of the questions were specifically at her and Kaine let her do her thing. I think he got all his points across and I don't recall him being rushed. And, she is the Presidential candidate, after all.

Jonm1010

Banned
After awhile it's just exhausting to engage with those people.

Vocal Liberals I assume are like the BernieBros

The major difference between BernieBros and even libertarians and the growing Trumpkins/alt-right people is that the former's obnoxiousness is at least built around policy and a semblance of substance.

The latter seems to be built almost exclusively on appeals to emotion, hatred, conspiracy and cults of personality. So there is no engaging in them. For them, ad hominems and assertions from people on "their side" is as substantive in their minds as a chart about healthcare costs in France for a BernieBro or a Hayek inspired econ paper for a libertarian.

Aceun

Guise. Kaine was everything in that segment.

And Hill was on point. This is gonna be a great week #HopeLives

Edit: That make a wish segment still has me reeling.

Revolver

Stark contrast from last week. Hill comes off better in interviews and informal settings than she does in speeches to me. Still had to do an eye roll at her thinking she'll be able to work with a Republican controlled Congress. Hopefully she'll at least have the Senate to work with.

There's a bit of confirmation bias going on there, don't you think? We can all agree she has her clumsiness as a politician, but she's better in debates, interviews, hearings, etc. than most. She was pretty good in this very interview, where she apparently gave a single answer you didn't like.

I haven't yet seen the full interview, when I made that post that was only the second clip I'd watched. It's not some confirmation bias here, I'm wondering why she can't just give a straight answer. I want her to put these kinds of questions to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom