• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton publishing book about 2016 election in Sept titled "What Happened"

mlclmtckr

Banned
Snarky❤;244662210 said:
Yeah guys only cool guys like Trump are allowed to be insanely rich, openly elitist and obviously uncaring of lower class problems and win!

literally yes, the Right obviously has different standards than the Left does.

i know Clinton's entire campaign was "i'm less bad than donald trump, read all about it on hillaryclinton.com" but that's because she was a bad candidate and campaigner, not because it was a good strategy.

I hope the book is actually good, I'm interested in a first hand postmortem.

It doesn't matter, the Bros will hate it no matter its content.

Same as her speeches. They literally pulled that "controversy" out of their asses with nothing at all to back it up and threw a 6 months ragefest over it.

i dunno what could possibly have turned off voters from a person who makes tens of millions of dollars on speeches behind closed doors to the financial services industry

i mean she donated some of it to charity ffs

it's the most baffling centrist horseshit to imply that nothing about hillary should have turned off regular people. she was not an appealing candidate, and she lost to a moron.

it's not sexism or racism to think that hillary was maybe a little bit too rich and compromised to be a credible progressive candidate. only pundits, lanyards and the internet yas queen squad are unable to understand this.

no one cares that she was 'the most qualified candidate ever to run for president' or that she went on Broad City or got endorsed by Lin Manuel Miranda. None of that shit appealed to actual people.

people, especially on the Left, want money out of politics. that means stuff like citizens united but also stuff like rich well-connected status quo technocrats.

famously pro-citizens united candidate hillary clinton

kirblar

i dunno what could possibly have turned off voters from a person who makes tens of millions of dollars on speeches behind closed doors to the financial services industry

i mean she donated some of it to charity ffs

it's the most baffling centrist horseshit to imply that nothing about hillary should have turned off regular people. she was not an appealing candidate, and she lost to a moron.

it's not sexism or racism to think that hillary was maybe a little bit too rich and compromised to be a credible progressive candidate. only pundits, lanyards and the internet yas queen squad are unable to understand this.

no one cares that she was 'the most qualified candidate ever to run for president' or that she went on Broad City or got endorsed by Lin Manuel Miranda. None of that shit appealed to actual people.

people, especially on the Left, want money out of politics. that means stuff like citizens united but also stuff like rich well-connected status quo technocrats.
Apparently people who watch Broadway plays or Broad City aren't actual people! That's news to me!

What is your definition of an actual person?

rhandino

Banned
I never really got how people say that Hillary lost because she is way too rich when the men who actually won is infamous for his tacky and over the top displays of wealth.

Progressives fucked over her, not the other way. She caved on almost every policy position, even after winning the primaries by four million votes, only for them to throw a hissy fit and then gloat for the next 8 months.

The fucking over happened during the extremely coordinated effort between the Hillary campaign, Hillary lackeys in the media, the DNC, and the rest of the corporate oligarchs placating the rise of Bernie Sanders every step of the way. The fucking over had happened by the DNC convention, and the BS spectacle of forced "unity" left a sour taste in every progressive's mouth which has lasted to this day.

I'm glad that the house is slowly crumbling around Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and I hope ultimate the Clintons are prosecuted for all their avarice and crimes against humanity over the many decades of their corrupt dynasty.

Ugh, I wish she would just walk away from 2016. Stay active, do good work, but fuck me, this will just reopen old wounds. Maybe publish it in 10 years after we've had some time to heal.

Yay, a moral victory. Meanwhile the country is fucked in no small part to her botched campaign.

Yeah it is totally her fault, not at all the fault of the people who voted Trump or the corruption that helped support him.

We should all attack Hillary... I am sure that will make everything better!

mlclmtckr

Banned
famously pro-citizens united candidate hillary clinton

that was my point, hence the 'but'

you can be against citizens united but still fail to appeal to the 'get money out of politics' crowd, if like Clinton you are rich and pals with rich people and you make a personal fortune out of selling access to other rich people.

Apparently people who watch Broadway plays or Broad City aren't actual people! That's news to me!

i bet the number of people whose votes were actually swayed by those celebrity appearances were is in the low double digits

Audioboxer

When that book come out, there will a thread spaming into 200 pages. And I am not going to read it.

The book or the thread? lol. Cause the thread is going to be a roller-coaster of a read. Hence why I felt earlier is it really a good thing American's are going to continue to relive 2016's campaign into 2018? All the papers and MSM will be featuring exerts, comments and debate from this book, probably for weeks. All the Dems will be arguing again about the failings, I'm sure Bernie will get brought up too, and it will legit be 2016 again. All while Trump continues to Trump as everyone's arguing about Hillary. The Republicans will probably get some easy snipes on the go with Hillary being all over the news again and the Dems all arguing about their loss. Great.

I tend to just read most American political threads now as I'm an outsider who has some ignorance and at times it's best just to let actual Americans debate. However, it's hard not to feel a little bit of perplexity the campaign leader of an election that went south is now releasing a book about "failing". Maybe it's just an "American" thing to do, but I did ask earlier has any other presidential candidate released a book about their loss within a year of it happening (many do talk about their overall life at points through books that are full on autobiographies)? That's why I say Hillary is a bit responsible for whatever dumpster fire of bickering she is going to contribute to reigniting in September. I don't think the Dem party has fully recovered yet but the big point now is a year on they really need to get a move on for the years to come, and the longer 2016 is "relived" the more it will hamper progress.

I never really got how people say that Hillary lost because she is way too rich when the men who actually won is infamous for his tacky and over the top displays of wealth.

It's different for the Left. We only want candidates that as wealthy or less wealthy than whatever the Sanders's household's networth is.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The fucking over happened during the extremely coordinated effort between the Hillary campaign, Hillary lackeys in the media, the DNC, and the rest of the corporate oligarchs placating the rise of Bernie Sanders every step of the way. The fucking over had happened by the DNC convention, and the BS spectacle of forced "unity" left a sour taste in every progressive's mouth which has lasted to this day.

All those lackeys, reporting on the nonsense email scandal 24/7 and showing the video of her having trouble getting into a car constantly.

Damn lackeys.

I'm glad that the house is slowly crumbling around Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and I hope ultimate the Clintons are prosecuted for all their avarice and crimes against humanity over the many decades of their corrupt dynasty.

Okay, this is embarrassing.

Vixdean

Uyo7nwEL.jpeg

Lol! I missed this insane post. I think I know what happened! I think Clinton leaked the emails to Russians just so she could have an excuse to loose! Everything makes sense now!

EDIT: Holy shit! This explains why she set up that meeting between Russians and Don Jr! She just needed to make it look like Trumps were involved with Russians while it was a ploy to be used as an excuse for the loss which she was planning for!

EDIT 2: Why stop there? I think she ran her campaign just so Trump would win. Check this out - they used to be friends. Why would they stop being friends? I think they knew Don had no chance unless he ran against the woman so she cheated Bernie from running and got Trump elected. What a mastermind!

lol what

mlclmtckr

Banned
Yeah it is totally her fault, not at all the fault of the people who voted Trump or the corruption that helped support him.

We should all attack Hillary... I am sure that will make everything better!

she's a grown woman who fucked up an election. she isn't a baby. people are allowed to criticise her.

people act like the two major party candidates are chosen at random and then it's the voters' fault if they don't vote for the less terrible one.

the Democrats offered the public Hillary Clinton, and the public was not especially enthused. you can get in internet fights about whose fault that is or you can start thinking about who might be more appealing to voters than Clinton.

Linkark07

Banned
Was she wrong? That was one of her better moments imho because it was honest and needed to be said. More people need to say it.

If you tell people the truth in their face, never expect to become the President of a country.

While she was (and still is) right, it was stupid and turned many people to Trump's camp.

mlclmtckr

Banned
WTF does this even mean? God Bernie Bros are inane.

they were sarcastically attacking my post (which they didn't understand)

but they are on your side, they're not a Bernie Bro (tm)

you should maybe take a break from the thread if you're going to fly off the handle misreading sarcastic remarks from people who agree with you

she's a grown woman who fucked up an election. she isn't a baby. people are allowed to criticise her.

people act like the two major party candidates are chosen at random and then it's the voters' fault if they don't vote for the less terrible one.

the Democrats offered the public Hillary Clinton, and the public was not especially enthused. you can get in internet fights about whose fault that is or you can start thinking about who might be more appealing to voters than Clinton.

This is a very interesting paragraph and I want you to reflect on it for a bit.

All those lackeys, reporting on the nonsense email scandal 24/7 and showing the video of her having trouble getting into a car constantly.

Damn lackeys.

Haha Hillary was such a mess that they had NO CHOICE but to cover all her scandals, including her health crumbling. The email issue was a self-inflicted wound. Should I remind you that those lackeys in the media would pick and choose what to say about the emails (minimizing the bad ones, diverting attention), and CNN even had the gall to say that anyone reading the emails are doing something illegal, and that they should listen only to CNN for interpretation of the emails.

As I followed the election and the media every day, the magnitude of how much Hillary was sheltered/protected/aided (and Bernie was placated or openly derided) by the press is astounding.

Okay, this is embarrassing.

That democrats turn a blind eye to the Clintons robbing Haiti blind after the earthquake is embarrassing.

If you tell people the truth in their face, never expect to become a President of a country.

While she was (and still is) right, it was stupid and turned many people to Trump's camp.

If the Deplorable comment made you literally switch from Hillary to Trump, you weren't going to vote for her.

Weird how all the many many groups of people Trump insulted and attacked during the campaign only grew his support, and Hilary attacking anyone...also grew HIS support.

ApharmdX

Banned
It doesn't matter, the Bros will hate it no matter its content.

Same as her speeches. They literally pulled that "controversy" out of their asses with nothing at all to back it up and threw a 6 months ragefest over it.

You should be tired of this constant stereotyping of the Democratic Party's left wing. I know I am. It's not "Bros" any longer. This isn't the 2016 primary.

ZeoVGM

Banned
what kind of deluded North Korean style revisionism is this lol

What are you talking about? She's old, was sick and had trouble getting into a car. That's literally what happened.

But I like that you focused on that rather than the point I was making.

It is the voters' fault if they decided to vote for the factual racist who admitted on video that he thinks it's okay to sexually assault a woman instead of voting for the person who isn't racist and who doesn't sexually assault people.

Yes, that is the voters' fault.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
certainly better than being apathetic like most of us are and just letting people be absolute monsters with no repercussion because we are too afraid to call people what they are.

she lost so no it wasn't better was it. It was hubris and achieved nothing at best and alienated the working class at worse.

Vixdean

Haha Hillary was such a mess that they had NO CHOICE but to cover all her scandals, including her health crumbling. The email issue was a self-inflicted wound. Should I remind you that those lackeys in the media would pick and choose what to say about the emails (minimizing the bad ones, diverting attention), and CNN even had the gall to say that anyone reading the emails are doing something illegal, and that they should listen only to CNN for interpretation of the emails.

As I followed the election and the media every day, the magnitude of how much Hillary was sheltered/protected/aided (and Bernie was placated or openly derided) by the press is astounding.

That democrats turn a blind eye to the Clintons robbing Haiti blind after the earthquake is embarrassing.

south-park-s09e12c08-what-scientologist-actually-believe-16x9.jpg

I hope the book is actually good, I'm interested in a first hand postmortem.

This quote pretty much tells you that no they still have no clue why they lost and the book will be most likely full of blaming everything except herself and her aides:

Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules

tinfoilhat.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
This quote pretty much tells you that no they still have no clue why they lost and the book will be most likely full of blaming everything except herself and her aides:

No it doesn't. She mentions some reasons right there.

But hey, keep pretending that Hillary's loss was 100% on her with no other influences that were out of her control.

Every person in the country saw that Access Hollywood video and nearly half of voters decided it was okay.

Campaigning more in a couple extra states was not going to change that.

mlclmtckr

Banned
It is the voters' fault if they decided to vote for the factual racist who admitted on video that he thinks it's okay to sexually assault a woman instead of voting for the person who isn't racist and who doesn't sexually assault people.

Yes, that is the voters' fault.

so what do liberals want to do then? secede?

if the democratic party and hillary clinton were unable to win an election against a racist rapist then yes there is a problem with the American electorate but there is obviously also something wrong with the fucking Democrats.

you can live in #resistance lib fantasyland where hillary was a perfect candidate and it's America's fault and America's loss that she's not President or you can start thinking about how maybe the next candidate should be someone people actually like.

i don't give a shit whose fault it is that Trump won. politics isn't fucking high school debate club where you get points for being right and for following the rules. politics is about power, which is why the Democrats are so goddamn bad at it. they can sit around ruefully shaking their heads at that dang racist American electorate or they can make some kind of actual effort to change in a way that will help them win elections.

Linkark07

Banned
Snarky❤;244663731 said:
If the Deplorable comment made you literally switch from Hillary to Trump, you weren't going to vote for her.

Weird how all the many many groups of people Trump insulted and attacked during the campaign only grew his support, and Hilary attacking anyone...also grew HIS support.

Well, I'm not an US citizen, so regardless of my opinion, I couldn't vote. That said, if I could, it wouldn't matter what she said, I would have voted for her.

Yes, I don't like her. I still think she was a flawed candidate and that the Democrats should have had a better person running as President (and no, not Sanders either. He is way too old). But I wouldn't be stupid enough to give my vote to a misogynist piece of shit like Trump or abstaining from voting.

You should be tired of this constant stereotyping of the Democratic Party's left wing. I know I am. It's not "Bros" any longer. This isn't the 2016 primary.

Maybe when the far left stops taking notes from the behavior of the alt-right I will respect them more.

ApharmdX

Banned
Coasting right past the "yas queen brigade" and "Shillary camp" posts, I see.

Absolutely not. Both sides do this shit, and the poster a couple pages back who talked about "Shillary" got rightfully called out.

(I did post about "yas queen'ers" the other day, but I was referring to specific posters in a thread who actually did post numerous "yas queen" posts in 2016).

Anyway, generalizing about progressive Dems being a bunch of young white men who don't care about social issues has got to stop. It disregards/disenfranchises those of us who don't fall into that category but do feel strongly about certain issues.

Maybe when the far left stops taking notes from the behavior of the alt-right I will respect them more.

And you generalizing the far left with ridiculous stereotypes, as the alt-right generalizes the entire left, differentiates you from them? Come on now.

pigeon

Banned
so what do liberals want to do then? secede?

if the democratic party and hillary clinton were unable to win an election against a racist rapist then yes there is a problem with the American electorate but there is obviously also something wrong with the fucking Democrats.

I mean, or maybe America loves racism and rapists

dakilla13

Is there an leftist version of Infowars? If not I nominate this poster as well as all Bernie Bros to start one.

I guess the best answer is that liberals should start going all in on gutting all of our social safety nets because that's what most of the country has routinely voted in favor of!

pigeon

Banned
Anyway, generalizing about progressive Dems being a bunch of young white men who don't care about social issues has got to stop.

Oh, no, progressives definitely care about social issues.

Faux-leftists often don't, though. That's why it's important for people who are actually progressives to call them out, even when they support the same candidate you support.

Top Bottom