• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm pretty sure that's the only method that grants you a SA rank. Either way, it still stupid and out of place for an hitman game.

If it really is the only way to get SA, that's dumb, but I'll wait until I have the game and do the mission myself because there's so much conflicting stuff about the game right now.

DukeBobby

Not sure if link but rev3 has a comparison between consoles and PC.

Note he says console version is one disc but PC version is 25GB. I hope i get to preload this puppy because it will take a while on my connection, come on GMG give me my key soon.

What, really?!

The next Hitman game will be out by the time I install it.

This is not a real issue, games need rules, gameplay need rules. or we are just complaining for everything...

(beat the game six hours ago)

Yeah. What do you think about disguise system's so called ''rules'' in the Operation Sledgehammer level? or the Death Facility ? or on many other levels? The disguise system is broken like hell on many missions on normal difficulty. Much much worse on expert or purist.

Anyway here is what happens in Hope Fair part of OP. Sledgehammer on purist. I take down a guy at the start of level. I take his uniform. Its an assault uniform with headgear. I go downstairs. Start walking to the end of level. A fucking psychic sees me from at least 25 yards and shouts ''who are you?''. Then everyone fires at me. Dead. End. Instincts? Yes you can use it. Restart. I do the same above, now i use instinct, 47 acts like he is checking the radio. I pass a few guards. Bam! Instinct is finished. Now there are at least 15 more guards. Kill somone? Casulties? Stealth? Disguise system. Very well done.

This game on its many levels dictates how you gonna play it. I am complaining because of it. Most of the people here are gonna buy this because they think its like Blood Money and it simply it isnt. Nobody called this a bad game.

Was playing Arkham City, what are we bitching about now?

You should go back and keep playing Arkham City because it seems its not the game you are interested in as your post is not about it.

The AI still isn't perfect. Tried making a contract on a level where a certain easter egg character turns up, but whenever I kill him, even if I'm a floor above, and shoot him with a silenced weapon while no one else can see me, the whole map instantly becomes alerted and tries to hunt me down.

Should I be nervous with the recent reviews? That PC mag and Gamespot have been pretty negative.

I'm still hyped. You should try it for yourself and judge.

I re-watched the Hitman Launch Trailer on YouTube (that track is surprisingly addicting) and I had to lol hard at the top comment:

Too bad Dishonored is short as hell, probably just like your dick

justjim89

Steam pre-load is up, gents. Restart steam and the game will be in your inventory. Btw, I've never pre-loaded before. What is it doing, basically downloading and installing the game before it's unlocked for play?

derFeef

Steam pre-load is up, gents. Restart steam and the game will be in your inventory. Btw, I've never pre-loaded before. What is it doing, basically downloading and installing the game before it's unlocked for play?

Indeed, 12GB.
Just downloading, it still needs to be decrypted at launch date.

Yes, on release date the game will unlock itself and you will be able to play.

Indeed, 12GB.
Just downloading, it still needs to be decrypted at launch date.

12GB only? Good, if GMG sends the keys today or tmr I might just be able to preload it in time.

Psykotik

Sigh. Nearly 20 hours played, halfway through the game, and my save got corrupted. Fucking great.

i cant provide a source for this, but here's a story about how some guy got his save corrupted. this was posted in a facebook gaming group i'm in.

Guys.

I have bad news. And I am really depressed.

My game data is wiped again. Its corrupted again because I am forced to reset my console after the game begins to load and wouldn't stop loading.

I first started noticing the loading problem when at times the game would be loading(indicated by a little circle at the corner of the screen), at which I cannot control my character or do anything for a short amount of time, or I have been moving the camera around, and when the loading hits, the camera wouldn't stop spinning around and I couldn't control it, and 5 seconds later I regain the control after the loading ended. You may sometimes see this loading problem in other games as well. The loading problem starts happening more and more frequent throughout.

The 2 times I am forced to reset my console, leading to the corruption of the game data, is when the loading wouldn't stop, in the first case, the loading happens MID-Cutscene, in the middle of a cutscene it turned black and you see the little circle loading symbol on the bottom right of the screen, the cutscene never resume, and I couldn't bring up my XMB, I know the game has crashed.

The second time this happened, which is 5 minutes ago, I am crouching at a doorway peering out looking for guards, I suddenly find myself unable to control 47, I look at the bottom right corner, and there it is, the game is loading something. Whats interesting is, I can see an enemy fidgeting around, which seems to imply the game hasn't quite completely crashed yet, and so I held hope, and waited for a whole 5 minutes, the loading didn't stop. I tried to bring up my XMB, I couldn't do it. I tried to activate a second controller, it doesn't work, by now I know it had crashed, and I had no other choice but to resort to reseting my console. Immediately after starting the console back up, I check my PS3 save game data, and sure enough, the two hitman save files are corrupted...

I have no more will to restart the game yet again for anytime soon... Perhaps I will return again after a day or two... But now, I will play ZOE2...

Papercuts

The game seems to individually rate each checkpoint but only displays the final one at the end. So if a level is 3 'segments' or whatever you can get SA on the last one while killing people on the first and second areas, but those ones wouldn't be an SA. I don't know why it doesn't just combine them into an aggregate score, since it should, and it seems like the dumbest thing I've seen of the game so far.

I noticed this in the Streets of Hope video before, the score reset after he went through to the next part, but you can preview the score for that specific area and see if you got SA or not.

Papercuts

Alright, so do all the challenges first, and then make a clear run for the high score?

Yup. The one challenge for getting all headshots also gives you a pretty good idea how to get a good score after you get the rest.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. So to truly complete the whole game on SA you have to get SA on each of the
checkpoints.

Yeah. The way it displays is odd but I am pretty sure I'm right about how it's tracked.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Six free items in Team Fortress 2:

The Hitt Mann Badge
That '70s Chapeau
The Chief Constable
The Siberian Sophisticate
The Quäckenbirdt
The Deadliest Duckling

banner-SIX.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

Yeah. What do you think about disguise system's so called ''rules'' in the Operation Sledgehammer level? or the Death Facility ? or on many other levels? The disguise system is broken like hell on many missions on normal difficulty. Much much worse on expert or purist.

Anyway here is what happens in Hope Fair part of OP. Sledgehammer on purist. I take down a guy at the start of level. I take his uniform. Its an assault uniform with headgear. I go downstairs. Start walking to the end of level. A fucking psychic sees me from at least 25 yards and shouts ''who are you?''. Then everyone fires at me. Dead. End. Instincts? Yes you can use it. Restart. I do the same above, now i use instinct, 47 acts like he is checking the radio. I pass a few guards. Bam! Instinct is finished. Now there are at least 15 more guards. Kill somone? Casulties? Stealth? Disguise system. Very well done.

This game on its many levels dictates how you gonna play it. I am complaining because of it. Most of the people here are gonna buy this because they think its like Blood Money and it simply it isnt. Nobody called this a bad game.

So you are so confident to be sure you have found all the roads and have tried all the available strategies at these levels? I do not believe this. And when I have similar problem, when i lose twice, usually I dont' run on forum to post my rant, but I try to find a solution and try new way to reach my target. As always this is the key to enjoy Hitman... try and try until you win. You are not forced to do like you do, like you are not forced to beat the shooting gallery or fight in the cage with a giant man and his fucking QTE, but you can, talking about possibility...

To the guys already playing this game - If Absolution didn't have the Hitman name, how much would you rate it?

The same (I can talk about score in 2 hours...)

To the guys already playing this game - If Absolution didn't have the Hitman name, how much would you rate it?
"At its worst, Absolution is never less than a solid action-stealth title." from the Edge review. I think they kind of reviewed it as such, it has some Hitman moments but it's a different direction for the series.

That is like saying Prometheus is a great action/horror movie. It is, but not when you put into mind that it is supposed to be a prequel of Alien and that is where it falls short. Same things happen with Absolution.

Is the following possible in contracts mode:

Let's say you are to eliminate a police officer who is in the company of several other police officers. Can you kill a random policeman WITHOUT making him a target, take his disguise, and only then assassinate the officer in question (before that marking him as a target)?

derFeef

That is like saying Prometheus is a great action/horror movie. It is, but not when you put into mind that it is supposed to be a prequel of Alien and that is where it falls short. Same things happen with Absolution.

Prometheus also sucks as an action/horror movie, tbh.

Is the following possible in contracts mode:

Let's say you are to eliminate a police officer who is in the company of several other police officers. Can you kill a random policeman WITHOUT making him a target, take his disguise, and only then assassinate the officer in question (before that marking him as a target)?

Yes, sure it's possible ;)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got a question about the Streets of Hope level. I've already SA'd it but want to try out some other methods.

In the cafe across the street with the police a guard is in front of the stairs, once he moves and heads up stairs he goes to a room with a sniper rifle. Now does anyone know if there is a "custom" silencer for it?

On Instinct it mentions a perfect weapon for distance but shame about no silencer. But the way it's worded makes me wonder if you can combine something with it within the level for silence.

So you are so confident to be sure you have found all the roads and have tried all the available strategies at these levels? I do not believe this. And when I have similar problem, when i lose twice, usually I dont' run on forum to post my rant, but I try to find a solution and try new way to reach my target. As always this is the key to enjoy Hitman... try and try until you win. You are not forced to do like you do, like you are not forced to beat the shooting gallery or fight in the cage with a giant man and his fucking QTE, but you can, talking about possibility...

The same (I can talk about score in 2 hours...)

I am talking about the broken disguise system. Is it too hard to understand?

Edit: And yes you are forced in the level i told you about. You either need to sneak all the way even if you have disguise or kill them all. Because game dictates you to do one of those and game's one of the most important feature is broken like hell.

Top Bottom