• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

AHA-Lambda

Well, doesn't the game have Featured Contracts in one of the menus when playing the campaign? Why not act on those in levels where there's no true target? That's what I intend to do, so it at least makes all of the levels have some aspect of killing.

Sure, it's a stretch, but the game probably gives you the option of killing anyone anyway, so...:p
Ah right fair enough, I haven't touched contracts yet so I can't comment on it.

What would happen if you literally ran from A to B with complete disregard if you are spotted?
You'll get shot to pieces.

MMaRsu

What would happen if you literally ran from A to B with complete disregard if you are spotted?

It depends if the enemies go hostile. If you really run they will go hostile and start shooting. BUT on hard you can actually get a guy to trail you because he is suspicious of you, fake surrender, and knock him out without consequences if you do it without anybody else seeing you. But on the somewhat more larger levels it would be hard but certainly not impossible.

Interesting. A 7.5 from Gamespot? I don't know anything of their credibility, as I haven't looked at any of their reviews in years. I might watch/read the review later, but it's getting to the point where the release is so close I don't really care to look at any more reviews. I'll know for myself whether I like it or not in a few days.

I am enjoying it but I am sorry if my impressions have put you off or confirmed any fears you may have had. it's a good game, but I can't shake the feeling that it's not a hitman game in the pure sense. it's kinda caught between being hitman and attempting to attract non hitman fans.

It's just that I feel like I wouldn't enjoy it not just as an Hitman game, but at as a game itself. That 30€ on GMG is still tempting, though...

Foffy

Banned
Ah right fair enough, I haven't touched contracts yet so I can't comment on it.

It's come to my understanding that the campaign has a section for a Featured Contract for that area in Contracts Mode in the menu screen during gameplay, so you can try playing the campaign looking for that target. I wasn't referring to just doing Contracts Mode.

Hindle

Banned
What difficulty are people playing on?

Every series is entitled to a misstep IMO. As long as the next game is more like BM then it should be fine. If it goes even further away from BM then it's dead to me.

AHA-Lambda

It's come to my understanding that the campaign has a section for a Featured Contract for that area in Contracts Mode in the menu screen during gameplay, so you can try playing the campaign looking for that target. I wasn't referring to just doing Contracts Mode.

Oh right I misunderstood, yes that is in the pause menu but I've not been doing that. I'm playing the campaign vanilla style at fist and won't do any of that until I've completed it.

Every series is entitled to a misstep IMO. As long as the next game is more like BM then it should be fine. If it goes even further away from BM then it's dead to me.

Just like splinter cell and resident evil, please don't die Hitman :(

Foffy

Banned

Hitman 6 intends to address some of the "holy cows" of the franchise, and I have no idea what that entails. The only thing I can guess is perhaps the linearity of the game in that it's a stage based title in an industry that's trying for more open-ended titles. A sandbox-styled Hitman game sounds very interesting on paper, and that your hits and progress can ripple out into other areas. But it could also be for some actual multiplayer mechanic, which IO said not too long ago seems more like an eventuality to be introduced in some way to the series.

justjim89

Hitman 6 intends to address some of the "holy cows" of the franchise, and I have no idea what that entails. The only thing I can guess is perhaps the linearity of the game in that it's a stage based title in an industry that's trying for more open-ended titles. A sandbox-styled Hitman game sounds very interesting on paper, and that your hits and progress can ripple out into other areas. But it could also be for some actual multiplayer mechanic, which IO said not too long ago seems more like an eventuality to be introduced in some way to the series.

Source for the info on Hitman 6?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Everyone with guns will open fire and you can''t get past B until you've dealt with everyone thats causing the high alert.

Finished the game today.

- Graphics look really good (Though im playing on a shitty TV)
- High production values
- Excellent art design
- Gunplay is a much better than any other game in the Hitman Series
- There is not dozens of ways to kill targets because many of the levels are not sandbox and very lineer.
- Disguise system and instinc mode is very problematic.
- Enemies can get suspected even if you are wearing some disguise with a headpiece. (like balaclava)
- So not to get caught you have use the instincs to mode to check the radio or hide your face. I don't know how it would be possible to complete some of the last levels on higher difficulties. (Some parts in the later levels have very little space with one or two disguises avaible)

Overall its a very good game because i like its art direction and gameplay. But its not a Hitman game in its many parts. In comparision if Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory equals to Hitman Blood Money, this one equals to Splinter Cell Conviction.

Edit: I checked if people are curious, it has 20 levels.

2358554-2358550-doritos.png

just kidding

:p

Yeah I like this game hehe...

ScOULaris

Finished it after 15 hours on normal

Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 9/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Lasting appeal: 10/10

9,5/10

Next: Purist + endless time in contracts mode

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Do you have no problem whatsoever with the issues mentioned all throughout this thread? There are so many dealbreakers, for Hitman fans at least, that your scores seem a bit inflated. Did you ever play the other Hitman games?

Finished the game today.

- High production values
- Excellent art design
- There is not dozens of ways to kill targets because many of the levels are not sandbox and very lineer.
- Enemies can get suspected even if you are wearing some disguise with a headpiece. (like balaclava)
- So not to get caught you have use the instincs to mode to check the radio or hide your face. I don't know how it would be possible to complete some of the last levels on higher difficulties. (Some parts in the later levels have very little space with one or two disguises avaible)

Overall its a very good game because i like its art direction and gameplay. But its not a Hitman game in its many parts. In comparision if Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory equals to Hitman Blood Money, this one equals to Splinter Cell Conviction.

Wow. That is a sobering read. The part that worries me the most is the mention of linear levels with one or two disguises available. That's just completely unacceptable for a Hitman game. What the fuck was IO thinking?!

Jintor

I'm going to compromise because I really want to play a new-ish game that isn't Virtue's Last Reward. Where can I get this for PC on the ly down.

Finished the game today.

- High production values
- Excellent art design

The horror! Equals to Splinter Cell: Conviction? Ubisoft killed the SC franchise with that game. This worries me.

And I loved Blood Money.

Seel

Neo Member
This month’s EDGE review scores are as follows:

Assassins Creed III – 8
Hitman Absolution – 7
Halo 4 – 8
New Super Mario Bros. U – 8
ZombiU – 7
Nintendo Land – 7
Hotline Miami – 9
Medal of Honor: Warfighter – 3
Paper Mario: Sticker Star – 8
Assassins Creed III: Liberation – 7

same score as Blood Money .

Kak.efes

These, along with the checkpoint system, sound like major nuisances. I had this preordered knowing I'd have some free time going into the holidays, but reading many of the impressions here, er, yeah, I don't know.

Do you have no problem whatsoever with the issues mentioned all throughout this thread? There are so many dealbreakers, for Hitman fans at least, that your scores seem a bit inflated. Did you ever play the other Hitman games?

I've played every Hitman game before. Blood money is one of my favorite games of all time.
What issues? I really don't see them at all.

justjim89

I loved Conviction for what it was. I'll likely love this for what it is, too. Except Conviction was a terrible PC port and this seems to be a quality one.

Wow. That is a sobering read. The part that worries me the most is the mention of linear levels with one or two disguises available. That's just completely unacceptable for a Hitman game. What the fuck was IO thinking?!

They were thinking that Eidos had a hole in their catalogue when Batman went back to Warner and asked them to make a game to fill that hole. It's what Eidos wanted to publish, because it will sell better than the old Hitman games did.

AHA-Lambda

I've now got to the half way mark and stopping for the night but out of 10 missions I'd say only 3 qualify as traditional Hitman levels.

AHA-Lambda

open level, open approach. a sandbox

Yeah this basically. You are given an open environment, a target and you just find your own way to deal with the situation you are given.

I'll tell you what I played so far in order:

Tutorial
King of Chinatown
Stealth focused mission to get to a location
Run for your life - which is basically another stealthy mission
Half stealth mission and then the other half is a retread of king of Chinatown
Another stealth focused mission
Bar brawl (not even kidding)
Gun range challenge (really I ain't kidding!)
A town called hope
And last a level so short it was basically a cutscene

DukeBobby

A big-budget title in 2012 without DLC? Does that exist :p

Well, DLC does exist for the game, but it just provides extra weapons and disguises. Nothing really substantial.

Now, imagine if IO announced they were remaking missions from the previous games. The Meat King's Party from Hitman: Contracts remade using the Glacier 2 engine? Oh, yes please!!

MMaRsu

Or maybe he's simply more accepting of changes made to the game. There's no need to be snide or disrespectful.

Enemies never check closets or dumpsters. You can kill someone in a closed off room and someone spots you, you run around the corner and dive into a closet. You can also peek out of closets and dumpsters while enemies are standing right in front of them and enemies dont respond. Lol worthy.

Top Bottom