• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

justjim89

It pre-loaded twice for me. About 11.5 gigs the first time a few days ago, and another 11.5 gigs today.

Any word on how this runs on low-end machines?

Lothars

The Giant Bomb review sold me on the game, I know there's alot of negativity about the game and maybe rightfully so, I look forward to playing it after reading that review though.

justjim89

I'm in US Central TZ, and it's playable now. I'm just waiting on an update, probably unpacking the files. It says it'll take about 30 minutes. I am excite.

Although now I'm more worried than ever that my laptop won't run it well enough.

Foffy

Banned
Hmm...Steam seems to be unpacking the game for me. Does this mean I can play it when it's done, or do I have to wait until midnight?

dreamfall

Unpacking over here too! Excited, been playing Blood Money all day in anticipation. Time to find out how the new direction affects the franchise!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If you've got it all unpacked, try restarting your steam. The authentication might not fully complete until you do so. Done that before with previous releases.

d00d3n

Hmm, it says it's at 100% in my Games list, but unpacking is stuck at a counter that keeps rising. Do I restart?

I have the same problem. Restarting steam or pausing and resuming does not work. I am accessing steam from Sweden.

Foffy

Banned
I have the same problem. Restarting steam or pausing and resuming does not work. I am accessing steam from Sweden.

Yeah, I restarted. Still stuck..it's doing something though. I noticed my fan was getting loud and the light on my tower was going off, usually when it's doing stuff with the HDD.

Guess it's a slow unpacking and verification process?

Mine's almost done unpacking and it's been about 30 minutes. Very slow. Also it's using a TON of drive space (up to 24GB on top of the 13GB preload), I had to continuously delete a bunch of stuff to make room. My poor SSD :(

I think it finished as I was typing this. Rejoice!

Edit: Hmm... seems it's done unpacking but I can't play it. Still considers it a pre-load for some reason even after restarting Steam. Odd.

Foffy

Banned
Steam's updating bar thing looks like it's moving, even if my game list mentions 100%. Perhaps the percentage is it checking the download size while the other is the unpacking size?

Hmm...

I was just playing the game a few minutes ago, then I updated my drivers/restarted my computer and now it's telling me I can only pre-load the game, not play it.

hay guyz what's goin on

2012-11-19_00001.jpg

2012-11-19_00002.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Huh...Steam seemed to unpack it, I get an error message about the servers not being able to handle it, and apparently Steam thinks it didn't unpack the game yet?

What?

SkyscraperFan

Neo Member
Ya, preloaded and unpacked here, but still unable to play even with a computer restart.

Maybe its's locked until midnight in everyone's region?

Foffy

Banned
I see the game is quite clearly installed, and attempting to run the Absolution executable in the folder does absolutely nothing.

Did it really unpack it only to still leave a timer on it? :<

justjim89

Huh...Steam seemed to unpack it, I get an error message about the servers not being able to handle it, and apparently Steam thinks it didn't unpack the game yet?

What?

Yeah, same here. How the hell is the game entirely on my computer and I still can't access it? The "play" button has gone back to "pre-load" even after a restart. Christ this is frustrating.

right here

game was ready to go as soon as I got back from class, didn't have to do anything special

Where do you live?

d00d3n

I am in game now. Downloaded a couple of days ago, unpacked/decrypted after restarting my computer 30 minutes ago or so, decryption took 30 minutes, now the game is running. Did all of this from Sweden, using win 7 64 bits. Now that I have proven my superiority I will go to bed.
Edit:sorry for being an asshole

justjim89

The .exe is sitting right on my damn computer. Why does clicking on it do nothing? This shit better unlock right at midnight if that's what it's waiting for.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Christ, Valve needs to fix their shit. Unpacking the game rendered my system nearly inoperable and even after I closed steam I still had to shut down my computer as it took a minute to pull programs up from the taskbar.

After all that, and I still can't play the game. God damn it just give it to me already!

justjim89

Christ, Valve needs to fix their shit. Unpacking the game rendered my system nearly inoperable and even after I closed steam I still had to shut down my computer as it took a minute to pull programs up from the taskbar.

After all that, and I still can't play the game. God damn it just give it to me already!

It'd be one thing if nobody could access it yet. But people on Steam are already playing it! It just makes me mad.

Top Bottom