• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

tessel%20on.jpg

Great use of Tessellation in this pic. That baldness.

derFeef

^^ dat tesselated, smooth, bald head.

@alex_navarro said:
Other Hitman reviewers: Can we talk about how great Keith Carradine is as Dexter for a second? That's some award-worthy shit right there.
:D

AHA-Lambda

As a multiplatfom AAA title? No, you can't. And S-E will not settle for anything less, for better or worse. So you will get Absolution or nothing. I would rather have Absolution than nothing.

No you could, I think a traditional hitman game could actually still sell well in this AAA market.

I can safely say even without having palyed Absolution yet, that this is a big nonsense.

And I can tell you you are completely wrong.

derFeef

No you could, I think a traditional hitman game could actually still sell well in this AAA market.

Yeah I will never get the argument of streamlined games sell better really. Didn't Dark Souls do pretty good?

And I can tell you you are completely wrong.
To be fair I only watched the TotalBiscuit video, but this does not look like Conviction at all, so I have no idea where you guys are coming from.

Is this confirmed to be a real thing that exists???

Yes, it will be released next month as far as i remember. I don't know what Square was thinking. I mean the HD collection should've been released before this one so people would have been able to play each one in order.

Edit: Either January or next month!

Yeah I will never get the argument of streamlined games sell better really. Didn't Dark Souls do pretty good?

You mean half a million good compared to millions sold by AC? Again, Dark Souls sold fantastically given the profile and expectations of From Software, but S-E will not go along with that. FFS, this is the company that refuses to release FF Type-0 solely due to the product not reaching sales potential they envision. Like it or not S-E is in control of IO Software, publisher priorities take precedence over (sometimes good) developer input.

AHA-Lambda

To be fair I only watched the TotalBiscuit video, but this does not look like Conviction at all, so I have no idea where you guys are coming from.

I've finished the game and yeah it plays like a stealthier version of conviction.

As for Dark Souls that was done on a limited budget aimed at a niche audience, nevertheless I do believe that marketed well a traditional hitman game could sell well and stand out from the crowd of AAA releases.

The run for your life level is terrible. Its just ugh odds can't describe.

Yeah, when the helicopter started chasing me on that level was when I took a break from it, and started venting on gaf.

PS: can I ask where the 4m copies sold estimate is coming from?

scitek

Hmm, I'm quite concerned now. How do you think it will run with my PC specs:

core i5 750 processor 2.7 ghz
AMD HD 4890 gpu
6gb memory

Well, you won't be able to max it out, your GPU's only DX10 capable, but I bet with some lowered settings it'll run and look fine.

Cptkrush

My 670's ready.

Is there a way to VPN this thing to unlock early?

Yeah, it's possible, I decided to try it because I couldn't play tomorrow due to work. Played through the Tutorial and King of Chinatown, and started Terminus so far.

The Tutorial is not nearly as bad as Blood Money's, but it's still shit. King of Chinatown was really awesome, even though all I did was
poison the drugs with the fugu fish
. I really miss the save system though, even on Normal, this game is incredibly difficult because of the checkpoint system. And the way disguises work now is nice, but really annoying sometimes, I think they could have tuned it better.

Foffy

Banned
Well, you won't be able to max it out, your GPU's only DX10 capable, but I bet with some lowered settings it'll run and look fine.

What of mine?!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz
Nvidia GTX 580
32 GB RAM

I'm not aiming for super high resolutions, but I'd like to at least clock all of the settings up at 720p.

Well, I guess I'll be waiting for a patch or a driver update then. I can't play for even a few minutes (sometimes even a few seconds) without a hard crash to the desktop.

It's a real shame, I was starting to warm up to the game too.

"Rule 1: Don’t Change disguises if you bloodied the clothing
dLnNf.jpg

If you use a kill animation which involves stabbing, shooting, or any other method that would get blood all over clothing… do not take the disguise. Only take the disguise if you used a clean kill method."

Is that why some people are getting noticed in their disguises a lot quicker? Or is the distance thing like Far Cry or Crysis where they notice you from miles away with even a clean disguise?

Is that why some people are getting noticed in their disguises a lot quicker? Or is the distance thing like Far Cry or Crysis where they notice you from miles away with even a clean disguise?

If that is true then IO are fucking geniuses.

EDIT: No, that is not the case. These are self-imposed rules made up by the users on Hitman forum.

News Bot

Banned
dLnNf.jpg

If you use a kill animation which involves stabbing, shooting, or any other method that would get blood all over clothing… do not take the disguise. Only take the disguise if you used a clean kill method."

This is good.

EDIT: Or not.

dLnNf.jpg

On professional difficulty levels, its true. Enemies do spot you from 25-30 yards as it happened to me on Operation Sledgehammer's part 4 or something. On lower levels, its more forgiving especially because you have much more instinct.

Foffy

Banned
You should have received two codes, one of them is for Sniper Challenge. If you bought it before today (and live outside US) the code will be in the e-mail confirming your order.

Speaking of Sniper Challenge, do you know where the game saves the data to it? I wanted to clear all of the stuff I did and play it as a tutorial to the tutorial to Absolution, but I've no idea where it stores the save file.

jimi_dini

And it will probably be one of those lazy, half-assed ports that we've grown accustomed to by now. I'd be surprised if they use the PC versions.

Square-Enix is not Ubisoft. Tomb Raider Trilogy was totally fine and even had bonus videos included (Making-Of, trailers, etc.)

DSmalls84

Any word on how the performance is?

I have an:

I-5 2320 3.0 ghz
6 gb ram
Gtx 555 1 gb vram

Hopefully performance is ok. I picked it up on pc for the gmg deal.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looks like Rocksteady helped out with some mocap. I left the credits rolling thinking it might have some hidden cutscene but then I realized about 20 minutes in it was looping lol.

Anyone completed the game yet suit only no alerts?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading the Steam preload right now. Playing the last couple of missions from Blood Money, though in the
Vegas
one I went in trigger happy and not stealthily at all. Shame, I wanted my second playthrough to be as silent as possible. Looks like I'll leave that to my third, whenever it happens.

Top Bottom