• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

IO devs are sitting in Danish morning tv talking about the game, they just excused the backslash over that nun trailers with "it's because Americans are so religious!!!!", way to miss the point lol.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You get caught way too easily for little things. I even got seen through a door. I've also had objects not go where the flight path showed and hit a part of the wall I didn't intend - getting me caught. I don't like that the game can screw me over on something so stupid, forcing me to go back and redo the whole area again. If I get caught legit that's one thing, but AI tricks to create false difficulty is really lame.

IO devs are sitting in Danish morning tv talking about the game, they just excused the backslash over that nun trailers with "it's because Americans are so religious!!!!", way to miss the point lol.

Ha ha oh wow.

The nuns aren't even the only (or most) offensive thing in the game though, honestly. There's a lot of humor in the game that just feels like a swing n' a miss.

early game spoilers:

that fucking maid

Sojgat

You can't choose your pre-mission loadout in this game? The thing you can do in COD now, has been removed from Hitman?

Gif-drink.gif

Untracked

Contracts is such a great mode, the replay value is insane.
I made a purist one where you have to take out the security lady in the Blackwater lobby, using a baseball bat, without being spotted.
Even creating them is fun. Think I'll be playing this for a while.

I need to know some things:

. Is there a map like the old games?
. How do I use the weapons I collected on a next chapter?
. There are some chapters that are impossible to get a silent assassin rating, am I right?
. Talking about SA, how do I even get one? I only get Professional.

I gotta admit though, I didn't see anything offensive in that trailer. It was stupid and provokative but Blood Money had those moments as well. It's a cultural thing I think.

You get caught way too easily for little things. I even got seen through a door. I've also had objects not go where the flight path showed and hit a part of the wall I didn't intend - getting me caught. I don't like that the game can screw me over on something so stupid, forcing me to go back and redo the whole area again. If I get caught legit that's one thing, but AI tricks to create false difficulty is really lame.

this is my issue as well. I don't know if it's a bug or playstyle, but getting caught during certain sections is far too easy. it's like they ramp up the sensitivity of the ai just to mess with players. the second to last mission to proof positive of this.

finished it earlier. overall, a very average game unfortunately. it's not as bad conviction in my opinion for the simple fact that the game tries to stay true to its roots for some missions, but others are just so poorly designed that they end up dragging the entire game down.

the focus on instinct is the games downfall I feel, entire levels and sections are created with its use in mind, so not using it results in the game becoming increasingly and unfairly frustrating. if a sequel drops instinct, I think the series will still be able get back to its roots and offer a game that's hopefully as good as blood money because the signs of hitman are still there.

chinatown and hope were amazing levels and very reminiscent of the missions from blood money. more focus on those kinds of levels and less on the linear ones or ones where you're on the run would be fantastic.

nOoblet16

The performance on high end PC isn't really very optimal, my 580 can't max it out (with 4*MSAA) and get more than 25FPS.
Will try with MSAA off.

Gbraga

The performance on high end PC isn't really very optimal, my 580 can't max it out (with 4*MSAA) and get more than 25FPS.
Will try with MSAA off.

Turn it off, even a 680 struggles with MSAA, I turned it off and got 60fps instantly. And the in-game FXAA does its job pretty well, the game looks very smooth.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
quick question regarding the mission just before countdown.
I ran upstairs and grabbed the poison for the sushi, watched layla eat it but nothing happened? is this a bug? I ended up having to drop the whale skeleton on her, but I found the lack of poison death somewhat frustrating.

Heres what happens:
After poisoneing the sushi she will go out to the balcony just to the outside of that large room with the food. If you follow her out there she will star to hulicinate and see lady birds. After awhile she thinks she can fly. ;)

So I've done every level on SA but I'm stuck on one section. So if anyone who has completed please let me know on this section.

The point with Dexter and blackwater on the roof tops. I can silenty kill every guard but I would rather avoid them all together. I was also like to go back and forth so I can obtain the keycard for the evidence.

Jintor

The disguise thing would be fine on larger maps with larger disguise types available, but currently it makes small maps even smaller. God-damn, I can't move without tripping over someone wearing the same clothes as me spotting me from across three rooms.

MMaRsu

The disguise thing would be fine on larger maps with larger disguise types available, but currently it makes small maps even smaller. God-damn, I can't move without tripping over someone wearing the same clothes as me spotting me from across three rooms.

Yea the whole game is mostly like that.

Fuck! Got this game this morning cause I was bored and GMG still had the 35% off. It has crashed twice now on the tutorial level. Both times a Direct X crash! Any tips?

Jintor

Jesus christ, fuck these mandatory stealth missions/action sequences sequences. This is Hitman! This game is about fucking sandboxes! What part of the memo did you miss?

Guys, what's the best way of playing this? K&M or 360 pad?

X360 pad. I am temporarily on KB+M (ran out of batteries) and the setup is just clunky: C for Crouch (ok), Ctrl for Instinct (I guess...). Where it run button? Also, to traverse the obstacle -> space to glue to it, then forward, then E. Wtf.

Getting the batteries after work.

Also, on i7 and 560ti I am getting sub-40FPS on High, time to upgrade drivers.

chico

Will try with MSAA off.

i have the same problem.
ultra settings 1080p with 8x MSAA : 30fps
without MSAA: 60fps

i have an ati 7950.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Talk of poor performance made me think "lol no way, mine doesn't look that bad". Ran the benchmark, hit up FRAPS. Yep, maxed out with MSAAx4 it dips all the way down to 25fps quite easily.

MSAA utterly mangles the performance so now I have it off. What a shame. Game does look gorgeous. Very gorgeous. But not 25fps gorgeous.

Hopefully this is a driver level issue that can be improved quickly, or alternate non-post processing AA solutions become available.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
X360 pad. I am temporarily on KB+M (ran out of batteries) and the setup is just clunky: C for Crouch (ok), Ctrl for Instinct (I guess...). Where it run button? Also, to traverse the obstacle -> space to glue to it, then forward, then E. Wtf.
Well, I always change the controls before playing, so unless the game doesn't let you do that it won't be a problem. But yeah, I'll use the 360 pad anyway.

robatw

so i turned msaa off and fxaa on.

didn't get the error until now. just played through the first mission, rambostyle.

i also switched to the controller. so much better.

AHA-Lambda

Ya know something? Kudos to SE's marketing team, they done a great job of pulling the wool over our eyes.

Hitman fans freaked after seeing the initial unveiling, after the panic ensued all they did was show the chinatown and hope levels along with some of the contracts stuff. There's a reason they never showed off anything else.

I got my copy today. Didn't have the chance to play but half an hour yet. I started to play on purist as promised and noticed that there are no instructions given in the tutorial mission. I still figured everything out somehow and made it undetected into the greenhouse. I don't mind the trial & error at all, but it still feels significantly different than previous games. On the other hand it's just the tutorial yet. How representative is it for the overall game?

Ya know something? Kudos to SE's marketing team, they done a great job of pulling the wool over our eyes.

Hitman fans freaked after seeing the initial unveiling, after the panic ensued all they did was show the chinatown and hope levels along with some of the contracts stuff. There's a reason they never showed off anything else.

Harsh.

Derrick vindicated? I'll see for myself.

Jintor

Guard/cop disguises are next to useless, detection time on hard is near instantaneous within a certain radius, sometimes you don't even have the chance to trigger instinct. I accidentally got stuck on a box while trying to slip past a guard and was there long enough for him to flip the fuck out.

Guard/cop disguises are next to useless, detection time on hard is near instantaneous within a certain radius, sometimes you don't even have the chance to trigger instinct. I accidentally got stuck on a box while trying to slip past a guard and was there long enough for him to flip the fuck out.

Well, this is bullshit.

:mad:

Gadirok

Why did I hear this game was bad? Looks like its getting decent reviews. Has anyone played it yet and can give some insight?

I was giving my friends doubts who wanted to pick up a copy, now I got to take it all back.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

The detection speed was the first alarm bell as to the essential nature of instinct. If you're hoping to play with absolutely zero instinct, have fun in this world of tedium. You will absolutely have to use it at certain points.

...but I actually think you can rework instinct into a cool, Hitman-like mechanic. Turn off hint, enemy, and path highlight and when you activate instinct you get absolutely zero vision bonus. No x-ray vision, no telepathy, no nothing. What you do get is a "hide" mechanic for when you're in very close proximity of subjects that could identify you. And since on hard it does not regenerate naturally, but requires you find ways to fill it up elsewhere, it actually becomes a pretty solid mechanic. Instead of cheating, it turns close encounters with high risk targets into a limited instinct mechanic. Coupled with the higher probability of being spotted, it kinda works in my opinion.

derFeef

The detection speed was the first alarm bell as to the essential nature of instinct. If you're hoping to play with absolutely zero instinct, have fun in this world of tedium. You will absolutely have to use it at certain points.

...but I actually think you can rework instinct into a cool, Hitman-like mechanic. Turn off hint, enemy, and path highlight and when you activate instinct you get absolutely zero vision bonus. No x-ray vision, no telepathy, no nothing. What you do get is a "hide" mechanic for when you're in very close proximity of subjects that could identify you. And since on hard it does not regenerate naturally, but requires you find ways to fill it up elsewhere, it actually becomes a pretty solid mechanic. Instead of cheating, it turns close encounters with high risk targets into a limited instinct mechanic. Coupled with the higher probability of being spotted, it kinda works in my opinion.

That was my plan all along, turn off the visual clues, and be smart when burning the meter. If it works, cool. But it seems like later missions may be too crowded for this?

Jintor

I have all the visual shit turned off, but the instinct spiking is horrendously fast. I was waiting for an event to happen, and literally 30 seconds before it happened I accidently moved past a cop in a crowd, he flipped out and started badgering me. Can you stop the suspicious state? Moving away doesn't seem to do anything, you can't instinct if already suspected, and if you stand there long enough they hector you into getting shot. This is just frustrating.

Okay. Finally finished Run The Fuck Away. Please next level be a sandbox.

SLV

My subdue seams to be broken. Either holding it or mashing it, nothing happens, my only choice is snap neck when it pops up :/

MMaRsu

I have all the visual shit turned off, but the instinct spiking is horrendously fast. I was waiting for an event to happen, and literally 30 seconds before it happened I accidently moved past a cop in a crowd, he flipped out and started badgering me. Can you stop the suspicious state? Moving away doesn't seem to do anything, you can't instinct if already suspected, and if you stand there long enough they hector you into getting shot. This is just frustrating.

Okay. Finally finished Run The Fuck Away. Please next level be a sandbox.

You can hide at certain point's in a lvl and act like one of them. These hiding places are often hard to find.

Played the tutorial on Purist because I could. At the very start it tells you it's going to be absolutely worthless and then proceeds to be.

If you can get into the greenhouse without being detected I'll be impressed.
You mean with or without a disguise? Disguised it was no problem at all. The whole tutorial mission was pretty easy ecxept for the very last "situation". Didn't figure out a safe way for that one yet, so it costs me the SA rating for now. Maybe I'll try it again later.

well said and an excellent idea for any future implementation of instinct.

That was my plan all along, turn off the visual clues, and be smart when burning the meter. If it works, cool. But it seems like later missions may be too crowded for this?

too crowded is one word, another is enemies seeing you from over 50 feet away even when you're disguised and generally being annoying.

one thing I'm looking forward to, the meltdowns from those who play dexter industries on purist.

Top Bottom