• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Double D

I just noticed that there is a Safe House menu option with a bunch of unlocks and upgrades. WTF is that for? I haven't touched the contracts mode so maybe it has something to do with that?

Correct. Upgrading your silencer, etc, is all there in contracts mode. You can also start out With the various disguises you've picked up in the campaign. It's actually really great and I should have more people in my friends list playing it.

triggaz

Banned
man I had this game since monday just got to play it today. It's bugging me the first level is there anyway to poison the security leads coffee. His cup comes up in yellow during instinct but I can't interact with it at all. dressed as the chef or security.

man I had this game since monday just got to play it today. It's bugging me the first level is there anyway to poison the security leads coffee. His cup comes up in yellow during instinct but I can't interact with it at all. dressed as the chef or security.

Pick up the sleeping pills from the bedroom(?) and put some in the soup to take the chef's uniform. Then put some in the security guard's coffee

justjim89

Too bad they didn't put the proper effort into making the gameplay actually fun.

I disagree. As do a lot of people. For me, this is the first Hitman game that actually plays well without any sense of jank. For all the issues people seems to take with this game in it's leanings towards modern game design, it benefits from that in a lot of ways, including smoothness of control.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's some great easter eggs in here.

On the End of the Road,
walk around the Vultures to get them to all fly around and snipe them. Wait a little bit and see what happens to poor old Lenny.

In the last room in the final segment of Dexter's Industries,
look up and shoot at the nuke.

Wonder how much they snuck in here...

Kahoona

So I'm on the mission where you have to kill Lenny's three friends and I keep finding stoves I can turn on, but am not sure how to detonate them. Can anyone give me a hint on how to?

So I'm on the mission where you have to kill Lenny's three friends and I keep finding stoves I can turn on, but am not sure how to detonate them. Can anyone give me a hint on how to?

There's some plastic explosives down a set of stairs that a police officer is guarding. One of the targets goes down there at some point to talk to another officer. I'm guessing you use them to set of an explosion.

Derrick01

Banned
So is the GMG deal the best around for the PC version right now? Someone told me it was around $32 which is still a bit higher than I'd prefer.

Derrick01

Banned
It was $30 before launch. Dude what price are you expecting? It's been out for like a week.

I was kind of hoping Tony could pull the same kind of black magic he pulled with spec ops and get a 50% for black friday. Maybe by christmas time I guess. I do have Amazon credit and would definitely prefer to not pay more than $20 for this.

Carbonox

Ain't gonna lie, my first run through the game was on Easy as I wanted to get myself accustomed to my first ever Hitman game.

Currently going through Hard mode now (going after Lenny and his cronies) and trying to do as many challenges as possible in each mission, and I'm getting soooooooooooooooo much more out of this game.

Good shit.

derFeef

I either really, REALLY like this game or I hate it.

I can't tell

The high points of this game are damn high, this sadly makes the low points stick out like a sore thumb.
I am far away from finishing it, but I can already tell it's one of my favourites this year - and I thought Dishonored would be my goty :/

game also seems to be really long. Im just at act 2 and I already played 10 hours

It's long as hell man. I think like 20 missions or something in the end, took maybe 4 major night sessions for me. I guess it'll depend how people play, but that wasn't even trying to get all of the challenges and so on. All the doomsday that single player is going away and this is some of the deepest sp content I've saw this gen.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just want to emphasize once again how impressed I am with the NPC chatter, how 'alive' the world is and whatnot, it is amazing.

I did the Vixen Club segment about 10 times because I kept screwing up my perfect run, and every single time I entered the toilets the bouncer would say a different line. Just not a single repeat whatsoever. That is just CRAZY. I almost felt bad for chocking him out.

All the casual chit-chat you hear all over the place is amazing, I can't even begin to comprehend how many hours of scriptwriting and recording this game has taken. This game's npc crowds remind me of the Watch_Dogs gameplay segment from last E3, a lot of unique animations and lines. It all feels very dynamic and overall feels so much more organic than games like Assassin's Creed handle crowds.

From an aesthetic point of view this game is mindblowing.

Also - those boob bouncing physics are straight out of Dead or Alive 5 or something.

Just got to streets of hope, might be my favourite mission so far. Also wanted to echo the surprise at how lengthy this game seems to be, spent around 15 hours and I'm less than halfway through it. Figuring out the various challenges has been really fun and I've almost forgiven the crappy new disguise system.

game also seems to be really long. Im just at act 2 and I already played 10 hours

I love how long it is. I hate short single player modes, and it feels refreshing how... meaty this game feels.

I just want to emphasize once again how impressed I am with the NPC chatter, how 'alive' the world is and whatnot, it is amazing.

I did the Vixen Club segment about 10 times because I kept screwing up my perfect run, and every single time I entered the toilets the bouncer would say a different line. Just not a single repeat whatsoever. That is just CRAZY. I almost felt bad for chocking him out.

All the casual chit-chat you hear all over the place is amazing, I can't even begin to comprehend how many hours of scriptwriting and recording this game has taken. This game's npc crowds remind me of the Watch_Dogs gameplay segment from last E3, a lot of unique animations and lines. It all feels very dynamic and overall feels so much more organic than games like Assassin's Creed handle crowds.

From an aesthetic point of view this game is mindblowing.

Also - those boob bouncing physics are straight out of Dead or Alive 5 or something.

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Right now my only issues with the game are the difficulty (way too easy -- especially with the challenges page giving away all the special kills), being able to magically stow large two hand weapons, and more than anything else the uncustomizable HUD.

The way they determine difficulty... with the presets... none of them really feel "right".

I like the Purist setting, but would like some information. Like the indicators when I'm being spotted. And not being able to go incognito is a bummer.

But every other difficulty setting has the minimap. I want to turn it off, but can't. This imo, was a huge oversight, and has significantly lessened my enjoyment.

If I could turn off the cheat-sheet minimap that sucks almost all the fun out of sneaking, I'd have no major complaints...

Forced minimap was a bummer.

Game is pretty great otherwise though... I'm still in the beginning levels.

Hindle

Banned
Hmm if they changed the name of this to something else then it would have got great acclaim IMO. Rosewood for example, that level in SC conviction would have made the game better.

Hindle

Banned
My feelings on this would possibly soften if they make future games like BM, if they make future games like the Absolution design then it wont.

derFeef

Hmm if they changed the name of this to something else then it would have got great acclaim IMO. Rosewood for example, that level in SC conviction would have made the game better.

My feelings on this would possibly soften if they make future games like BM, if they make future games like the Absolution design then it wont.

So you enjoy the game but you don't "admit" it? What am I reading?

Derrick01

Banned
So you enjoy the game but you don't "admit" it? What am I reading?

It's pretty obvious. Much like a lot of other people who have posted their impressions in this thread, the game would have been a lot better received to them if it didn't have the Hitman name and thus bringing about Hitman expectations. Even if you want to ignore what I've said you can't ignore the others who have said it too.

Basically, a competent stealth game but bad Hitman game.

derFeef

It's pretty obvious. Much like a lot of other people who have posted their impressions in this thread, the game would have been a lot better received to them if it didn't have the Hitman name and thus bringing about Hitman expectations. Even if you want to ignore what I've said you can't ignore the others who have said it too.

I don't know who ignores what, you generally don't respond to my direct responses and questions to you, but pick out my arguments with other persons.

It would be great if it wasn't a Hitman game. The dissappointment wouldn't be there.

But that's just silly I think, at least I am that kind of person - if a game is enjoyable it's enjoyable no whater what name or legacy it has.

Basically, a competent stealth game but bad Hitman game.

How can you tell?

Hindle

Banned
I don't know who ignores what, you generally don't respond to my direct responses and questions to you, but pick out my arguments with other persons.

But that's just silly I think, at least I am that kind of person - if a game is enjoyable it's enjoyable no whater what name or legacy it has.

The series has never been about corridors, it's like they created these new tools, instinct, point shooting, yet had you use them mostly in linear environments.

As a player and a fan I just felt suffocated by the linearity and the QTEs, they're just not welcome IMO.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The series has never been about corridors, it's like they created these new tools, instinct, point shooting, yet had you use them mostly in linear environments.

As a player and a fan I just felt suffocated by the linearity and the QTEs, they're just not welcome IMO.

The levels are smaller but you aren't shoved down a hallway with no other option at any point. Dexter's Industries seemed like the one closest to something like that, but it's not the majority.

Not a single QTE ever needs to be done, either.

Top Bottom