• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Foffy

Banned
If they ever decide to make another movie, I really hope they go with the right decision this time

jason-statham-2.jpg

Jason-in-The-Transporter-jason-statham-14341304-897-599.jpg

2005-TRANSPORTER-2.png

the resemblance is uncanny

Not going with David Bateson?

p0oQi.png

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The second part of this hotel level is awfully narrow. I have no desire to keep playing. :(

mujun

Man, this game is no fun. The level where you start off having to kill the two guys leaning on the pink car is the best so far but I didn't even really enjoy that.

Much prefer Dishonored for my stealth fix.

Beat the game and I'm now replaying levels. Just replayed the court level and
found out you can get to the holding cell easy by taking the defendants outfit, taking his place in court and then getting sentenced.
MINDBLOWN.

THIS GAME!!!!!

I finished Run for Your Life. Managed to get through the helicopter part on the first try, though it certainly helped that I'd watched the old E3 demo.

There's a nice little joke near the end of the level about a character who was removed from the game, but showed up in that E3 demo walkthrough. It was a weirdly specific detail to put in there, and I liked that.

He is in there, just in a different portion of the Terminus level.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This is how I play hitman, stealth is for people with too much time on their hands

ibmnrb99BgwNxy.gif

Thank you. Thank you. I don't know if it's the way you phrased it, the stern look of 47's face wearing that costume or the fact that it's 3 am and I'm surfing gaf on a friday night but god almighty I woke people up with my laughter. <3

Carbonox

What's wrong with the Contracts mode? I've done like 3 contracts successfully but I still have no money in my offshore account? Please don't tell me it's a bug?

Carbonox

OK I fixed the contracts money problem. You have to delete the patch from the Game Data folder and then redo it upon game start up. Once I returned to Contracts, my money went in.

njr

Just beat it in about 12 hours, unfortunately I didn't like it. I started out trying to play it like a Hitman game, however instinct lasts only so long that I have to start hiding. Got frustrated and just resorted to playing it like Gears of War which I found more enjoyable (and that defeated the purpose as I wanted to play games like Hitman/Death to Spies instead of yet another TPS/FPS). The engine is great though, hopefully sometime down the road they'll release a social stealth game but for now I think I'm done with the Hitman franchise. The ending seems to lead on to something I wouldn't be interested in.

fuck the orphanage man

My first and only attempt at it so far was pretty fun, although repetitive. What I did was meticulously throw an object and isolate one guy and subdue him and then dump into a container. Did this over 10 times, probably almost 15. All the containers were full and a couple bodies were hidden in a corner. It took a long ass time and was tedious. So anyway, there's just 2-3 guys left and I got spotted in some glitchy manner and had to shoot them to end it. Waste of an hour but it was kinda fun.

fuck the orphanage man

hitman-absolution-007.jpg

We both know you want to. KILL THEM ALL.

I was trying to check out if the nuns had panties the entire level. My attempts were unsuccessful.

The Saints were kind of a waste, I expected them to last longer.

Is there any way to have a conversation with the Leader of the Saints? I just garrotted her like everybody else in the fields. I figure there is some alternate way of dealing with her.

I'm a movie monster! Hahahahahahahahaha. This game is like the ultimate black comedy.

I just hit the Courthouse. I'm loving this game so much.

Nome

Very enjoyable game, just beat it.

I don't get all the complaints with the story or the writing. This is the first time I've felt the Hitman universe was really fleshed out, and if Squeenix plans on making this a flagship franchise, I think it's taken several steps in the right direction. All of the kills were very satisfying because the game goes above and beyond in making all of the baddies draw your ire. The ending was very cool as well... on par with Blood Money's in satisfaction, I think.

I hope the next installment adds some more traditional levels though. The Splinter Cell-ish stuff was incredibly tense and not nearly as bad as some of the thread-shitters here would make you believe, but they're right in that it's not Hitman. That said, there were plenty of awesome traditional scenarios, and I had a ton of fun doing them. Can't wait for Hitman 6 next year ;) If it's as good quality as this, I'm all up for yearly Hitman.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was trying to check out if the nuns had panties the entire level. My attempts were unsuccessful.

The Saints were kind of a waste, I expected them to last longer.

I think it's worth it for Attack of the Saints. I'm loving this mission.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Without spoiling anything, I will say you can completely avoid the insane shootout challenge. I managed to find a way to get my guns back without killing anyone, or having to beat the challenge.

Yeah. I quite liked the gunshop if only because my first instinct was to try to avoid the gun show and my curiosity was rewarded.

Good lord, trying to Suit Only the Train Station on Expert is virtually *impossible*. How does this get through QA? It's the only time I've downgraded to Hard so far, and I felt so dirty afterward.

On a more general note, this game is no Blood Money, and that's a disappointment. But it is a (mostly) good stealth game, and I'm happy to at least have that. This year's been pretty good for stealth games, complainers be damned.

yeah I did

half of them with the axe

also the
Kane & Lynch
cameos are weird. So blatant
I lol'd at
the Lynch one but I think I missed Kane in the bar. People said he's in the Courthouse, so I hope to see him soon. I love the characters, so I don't mind that it's blatant. There's also a radio report about "James Seth Lynch" and Alexender Cayne from Blood Money is mentioned as well. If anything, I have hope that KL3 will be amazing after Absolution.

If IO patches the disguise system, what really excites me about this game is potential DLC. Hopefully we get some bigger levels because they won't be constricted by the story.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Without spoiling anything, I will say you can completely avoid the insane shootout challenge. I managed to find a way to get my guns back without killing anyone, or having to beat the challenge.
Really? I need to discover that, the challenge is pretty much impossible to me, even when using the mouse to aim.

are you guys really having issues with the gunshop challenge while using a mouse?

:|

Who said that? I got 501 points with my 360 controller, a mouse would be a joke.

Well gunshop SUCKS
You're nuts, gunshop is the best or second best level up to that point (the Chinese New Year one is probably the best). There's a multitude of ways to go about things and some secrets and the setting is just really cool and lively.

Coop

Spoilers for later in the game

How do you fight the big dude in the arena? I dropped the lights on the ring but I wanted to fight him

Papercuts

How do you fight the big dude in the arena? I dropped the lights on the ring but I wanted to fight him

You need to get the Patriot's outfit.

Honestly not sure how to do that, though.

sneak around to the back of the RV and cut the generator, he comes around to take a look at it and then you can take his suit

I tried this, but
one of his Entourage goons came back to fix it instead. After a few tries and deaths, I just took my time, and took down each guard separately and silently (non-lethal), then used wrenches and shit to distract everybody and took them down, until just a couple were left, I knocked out the Patriot and stole his uniform and walked to the door. Took about ten minutes on my last attempt. Wasn't discovering, and I left everybody unconscious it was hilarious.

In short, yes, I managed it. Takes time and patience. At least for me. There may be a quicker and easier way to do it then I did. But I did manage to
get in the fight with Sanchez. You're not taking me down this time, motherfucker.

Papercuts

sneak around to the back of the RV and cut the generator, he comes around to take a look at it and then you can take his suit

When I did that one of his entourage guys came back to fix it. I ended up using their disguise, found the keycard and just went in.

Top Bottom