• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
The goddamn NPC banter will never cease to amuse me

*Guy find pile of naked dead bodies"

"Aaaah please please please be an orgy, please please please please be sleeping together aaaaah pleaseeeee"

Ugh, failed this one,
managed to kill the target pretty easily, snuck into the sewers and snapped his neck as he was leaving the catacombs, but I got swormed by guards pretty quickly while trying to make an escape and got killed.
Bummed out, I was hoping to get all the elusive targets.

The goddamn NPC banter will never cease to amuse me

*Guy find pile of naked dead bodies"

"Aaaah please please please be an orgy, please please please please be sleeping together aaaaah pleaseeeee"

I heard a pretty funny one too, a guy was looking at his cellphone and said "... sit in the park and masturbate? DAMN AUTOCORRECT!" Didn't hear the whole thing but that quip was funny.

Bebpo

Banned
Got lucky and got it on accident.

The priest was heading back from the catacombs and I was following him as a bodyguard, the bodyguard behind him saw me and I tried to get away so I ran into the security cam room to the right. The guy chased me in there and I took him out which caused the target to panic and run into the security room where I decked him next and then snapped his neck. No one else was around so I just closed the door to the security cam room and walked out and left the map lol.

I actually got spotted earlier in the level and totally panicked and thought I was gonna die and ran into the sewer and ran straight into a guard without paying attention, took him out, changed into his outfit and then walked back out and everything was fine again. Was scary though, felt like I was gonna miss this one. It actually ended up helping me get an outfit to get where I eventually took the target out!

There's still a way to restart if you fuck up after killing the target. Maybe even after 47 is killed but the timing is probably a little too tight there.
Just pause and disconnect from the internet (on PS4 you can easily do it through Network Settings, or just unplug the ethernet cable, etc.). The reconnect prompt will come up and tell you that you can either try to reconnect or quit to menu to try the elusive again later. Quit to Menu, reconnect to the internet and bam - you can try again.
Worked for me on PS4 when I made a really dumb mistake. I've been watching too many of the GB Quick Looks I think.

There's still a way to restart if you fuck up after killing the target. Maybe even after 47 is killed but the timing is probably a little too tight there.
Just pause and disconnect from the internet (on PS4 you can easily do it through Network Settings, or just unplug the ethernet cable, etc.). The reconnect prompt will come up and tell you that you can either try to reconnect or quit to menu to try the elusive again later. Quit to Menu, reconnect to the internet and bam - you can try again.
Worked for me on PS4 when I made a really dumb mistake. I've been watching too many of the GB Quick Looks I think.
Why didn't I read this sooner.

Foffy

Banned
When does this ET disappear, again?

For some weird reason, I am nervous to give this a try, even if I can follow a video to a tee. Maybe it's the changes they did to the area, like closing off the church to regular people, that have me nervous.

Well, silent assassin did not happen for me due to getting greedy and going for the
bell
kill despite having already cleared the path to take him out on the basement stairs.

Seeing
a guard at the top of the bell tower
caused me to do exactly the wrong thing:
shooting the winch
, which led to
"Bullet Impact Noticed" and no way to get past the guy without arousing suspicion

In the end, it wasn't worth it. If it wasn't getting spotted due to that, it would have been randomly encountering a suspicious guard at the bottom due to all the chaos.

What I really had my heart on was the
chandelier
kill, but that would have turned out even worse for me since
there can be up to two people on the church balcony
you can't aim through the doorway
, and that thing has a deceptively huge range when I tested it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Greatest ragdolls.

giphy.gif

Jintor

Before I do something drastic - explosions affect winches right?

/edit ugh, should've predicted but got screwed out of silent assassin.
Dropped the bell on him but didn't realise it'd kill the guy guarding the stairs too... I should've tried to radio him out of the way and dump him in the priest's security room... also got surprised by a bodyguard while trying to select the italian suit to change back into because if you change into uniforms right on top of each other it's finnicky to try and line up the right one to change into...

Still, got the fucker.

I could've probably SA'd if I hadn't been obsessed with the bell

Jintor

hopefully it'll jump when they release the on-disc version.

but man, it's so much better than absolution, it's really unbelievable

Moff

I wonder if it will sell much more
it's not an early access game, it's an episodic game

people keep forgetting that absolution was by far the most successfull hitman game, and IO really deserve praise to get back to their roots simply to please the heardcore fans

MUnited83

For you.
If only there was a Sanic suit...
Dayum. Fire extinguisher?
Before I do something drastic - explosions affect winches right?

/edit ugh, should've predicted but got screwed out of silent assassin.
Dropped the bell on him but didn't realise it'd kill the guy guarding the stairs too... I should've tried to radio him out of the way and dump him in the priest's security room... also got surprised by a bodyguard while trying to select the italian suit to change back into because if you change into uniforms right on top of each other it's finnicky to try and line up the right one to change into...

Still, got the fucker.

I could've probably SA'd if I hadn't been obsessed with the bell
Damn, I think I'm the only one here who nailed the bell kill :p. I could swear the stairs dude would be out of the bell's range. Glad I made him go out of the room just in case. Was he at the bottom of the stairs or just going down them?

Jintor

Damn, I think I'm the only one here who nailed the bell kill :p. I could swear the stairs dude would be out of the bell's range. Glad I made him go out of the room just in case. Was he at the bottom of the stairs or just going down them?

I honestly have no idea. I saw the priest walk in the room, confirmed he was going to stand still, then triggered it and left to get a change of clothes.

It could've been the balcony guard, I don't know, he walks down the stairs around the same time too.

On a side note, the effects for the bell falling are really impressive. Massive sense of weight.

MUnited83

For you.
I honestly have no idea. I saw the priest walk in the room, confirmed he was going to stand still, then triggered it and left to get a change of clothes.

It could've been the balcony guard, I don't know, he walks down the stairs around the same time too.

On a side note, the effects for the bell falling are really impressive. Massive sense of weight.
Yeah, it really feels like heavy damn bell falling. Great effects.

You don't have to get SASO to count towards the suit rewards, right?

I believe the suit rewards are only for killing the target successfully.

So I failed. Horribly. I decided to get drunk last night. Feeling super confident in my skills and I tried going into the catacombs(?) beneath the church. I got shot at for trying to walk up to the door that leads to it. I honestly wish I had recorded it or something.

ev0

Glitches were annoying on this Elusive Target even though I managed to do it.

Twice bodies I was dragging through the sewers randomly died for no reason. The game made a sploosh sound like they went into the water. But I was just dragging them on the ground. Even if they hit a puddle? Come on

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So I failed. Horribly. I decided to get drunk last night. Feeling super confident in my skills and I tried going into the catacombs(?) beneath the church. I got shot at for trying to walk up to the door that leads to it. I honestly wish I had recorded it or something.

I'm now imagining a drunk 47 waving a gun around shouting "WHERE'S THE POPE" before he's taken out by the guards

Jintor

Twice bodies I was dragging through the sewers randomly died for no reason. The game made a sploosh sound like they went into the water. But I was just dragging them on the ground. Even if they hit a puddle? Come on

I remember assassinating Hugh Hefner in blood money by shoving him down a flight of stairs and one of those mob guys by shoving him into a puddle.

It's not the puddles, it happens almost always beneath the well, the trigger for when you push someone in the well and their ragdoll hits the bottom is probably all over the floor there.

It's not the puddles, it happens almost always beneath the well, the trigger for when you push someone in the well and their ragdoll hits the bottom is probably all over the floor there.
Oh! Is that it? I just assumed the body I was dragging drowned in the puddle because they were face down or something

I'm now imagining a drunk 47 waving a gun around shouting "WHERE'S THE POPE" before he's taken out by the guards
And yeah basically what happened.

ev0

Ah, thanks for the info bout the well causing the killing. Thats pretty funny/dumb.

Anyways I'm loving this game. Hope we get to see some new stuff at e3

Foffy

Banned

I walked through the front door and shot the chandelier in the main room when the target walked underneath it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think I got super lucky with the RNG on the elusive, after a few restarts.

Ran to the church. Enteedr the nearby building to grab the gardener outfit. Jumped over the wall to the garden of the church. The target is immediately ahead of me. inspecting the gardener's shed. Pulled out the Silverballer, killed him without anyone seeing me (not SA though, body found). Jumped back over the fence and went to the boat. Less than three minutes.

wait, what about the bodyguards at the front?

I think there's only one guy at the front who is even occasionally looking at the church interior.

I should have taken that cue for dropping the chandelier from the floor instead of getting fixated on doing it from the balcony.

I wish you could replay it after either succeeding/failing, without getting scores or whatever. Really just want to try it again.

I kinda think it's lame that people are restarting the level or trying to find workarounds... to me it takes away from what these are supposed to be.

Moff

I kinda think it's lame that people are restarting the level or trying to find workarounds... to me it takes away from what these are supposed to be.

yeah I originally expected the elusives to really only have 1 try, no restarts or anything. But I guess they weren't really able to do interesting targets with that, or they would have become too hard to do

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
yeah I originally expected the elusives to really only have 1 try, no restarts or anything. But I guess they weren't really able to do interesting targets with that, or they would have become too hard to do

The idea that you can scout the target I think is fine. If the narrative is that the person is in an area for 48 hours it makes sense.

Actually I wish this game had binoculars and some more tools used for sneaking.

I wish we could get a redemption weekend where they'll reopen all the targets so you get a 2nd go because I'm really kicking myself for failing The Prince so hard.

So hard.

It's interesting how different people view playing the ET's and whether or not they should be brought back later on. I think people's play style impacts their view to some degree. For me, I have probably 3 distinct phases:

EXPLORATION: I love to explore, see where I can / not go, discover items / distractions, what I can do with them, and so on.

PLANNING: I love tailing the target, learning their habits are, getting ideas for kills and kill areas, exit planning, etc.

EXECUTION: I want to do it Silent Assassin. Then I want to do it Suit Only. Then I want to do both faster and faster, and adding in things like no subdues and specific weapons.

So when an ET comes out, I will gladly trade the 20-30 minute rush from "one time only" (I completely get this POV, it's great!) for playing the game like I always do, which means LOTS of failures / restarts / re-planning. Having the option to restart to me is akin to people's sexual preference: I simply don't care. Restart or don't restart just don't force / tell either side what to do.

plc268

Dammit. Was so close to finishing the ET. Was super easy for me actually.
Started in the safe house, went down stairs picked up church key and church clothes, and walked right in.

Then went downstairs, grabbed priest outfit, and after I lured the prince's bodyguard away,
the game glitched, and the prince moved back like five feet, saw me and alerted the rest of the guards. They killed me so fast that I forgot to restart.

Damn.

Jeffrey

Man, I really wish 47 can get wasted now lol or at least fake it in one of the 'blend in' interactions.

Still needs to keep the straight face though, just red cheeks

MUnited83

For you.
Laptops in marrakesh cycle some images, including images of Sapienza. They also have images of what looks like the Japanese map.

1b27ec8f12c2a1bb41858abd20c8f4c1b6e32c60_1_690x388.jpg

4399baadb56270985d36e6cbd0e352a7a441ff13_1_690x388.jpg

KORNdoggy

Is it random when the prince is under the bell? I'm trying to figure out when to shoot the rope and i've tried it about 50 times based on other peoples videos. And just can't seem to get the timing, its like he hasn't been triggered to go under it or something.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it random when the prince is under the bell? I'm trying to figure out when to shoot the rope and i've tried it about 50 times based on other peoples videos. And just can't seem to get the timing, its like he hasn't been triggered to go under it or something.
He should go there right after talking to the priest in the middle of the church(though sometimes he goes to the garden instead).

For accuracy with the bell, just put a breaching charge on the rope, go down, and activate the charge when you see him under it

That looks like it could support the theory that you have to infiltrate a clinic in Tokyo.

His routine is random, yes. He might go there from the ground floor or from the basement.

Also, looks like a new escalation was stealth-released. You have to hide bodies after using accident kills. Sounds like another hard one.

Top Bottom