• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

the trailer still says 48 hours
and is this finally the time for the mario outfit to shine?

if I get spotted and restart the level, that "spotted" will still count, right?

the trailer still says 48 hours
and is this finally the time for the mario outfit to shine?

if I get spotted and restart the level, that "spotted" will still count, right?

I think they do that for the trailer just so they can get the "47" gag in when the timeline kicks down.

Nah, you can restart without problem.

Man, I need to keep this in mind, because that screwed me for the Congressman.

IIRC when I fucked up the congressman mission I killed him and restarting was immediately disabled, so the guards just lit me up in five seconds. Restarting before that was same as usual.

MUnited83

For you.
IIRC when I fucked up the congressman mission I killed him and restarting was immediately disabled, so the guards just lit me up in five seconds. Restarting before that was same as usual.

Yeah, restarting is disabled only when the following happens:

-47 dies
-The target dies
-The target escapes (if he has a escape route)

Of course, I mean restarting when the condition he mentions is triggered (being spotted). You can be spotted and restart every time.

If you kill the objective, then it's done.
With the congressman I killed him
and alt-f4 one second later and even that wasn't fast enough, the mission marked as failed.

Moff

finally managed to do a silent assassin for an elusive

- start with the lockpick
- take the stairs down in the appartment building close to the church, you appear in the sewer directly behind a bodyguard
- subdue him and take his suit
- wait for a long time in front of the gate that leads to the crypt until mario is gone and the patrolling guard inside moves to the left
- pick the gate, go to the room with the security device
- delete the security, take the priest outfit
- wait for the cardinal to come down and the other priest to leave
- fill the sink in the security room with water
- when the cardinal leaves he will investiate
- quickly subdue his personal bodyguard when the cardinal is in the security room, then immediately subdue the cardinal
- pull the bodyguard inside the security room, kill the cardinal
- change again to the bodyguard outfit and leave the level

not very elegant because all three bodies were not neatly stored in a box, so it was quite thrilling. took me a long time as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up4WGX3XmmY&feature=youtu.be

Agree about stepping up their game!

I was initially lost -- how the hell am I gonna get back there? -- then found an easy way in + disguise that let me follow him just about everywhere. Then I realized damn proximity triggers were altering his route and had to figure those out / get lucky. Ended up successfully SA'ing him with the OP fire extinguisher. Should of been a little faster but had lots of fun and no bugs screwed me over this time. Can't wait for the next one :)

Najaf

Anyone have sporadic issues with frame rate? 90% of the time I load the game and its smooth sailing but every now and again, I load it to sub 5 FPS without anything different running in the background.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Got in as a church man via the mortuary, snagged a security guard uniform from the guy on top of the belltower, but then I got bored trying to find an elegant solution so I just shot the priest from the balcony and ran for it

Mathi

I was initially lost -- how the hell am I gonna get back there? -- then found an easy way in + disguise that let me follow him just about everywhere. Then I realized damn proximity triggers were altering his route and had to figure those out / get lucky. Ended up successfully SA'ing him with the OP fire extinguisher. Should of been a little faster but had lots of fun and no bugs screwed me over this time. Can't wait for the next one :)

Nice kill, but how did you get the SA rating when the guards found the body?

Deadstar

Why is a fire extinguisher blowing up considered an accident kill? Is it because it's not a weapon?

MUnited83

For you.
I really really need to unlock a remote explosive as an agency unlock, I feel like that would make a lot of these ten times easier

absolutely. If you don't care about getting SA, you can just drop a remote explosive duck where you know the target is, run to the exit and blow it up.

Got in as a church man via the mortuary, snagged a security guard uniform from the guy on top of the belltower, but then I got bored trying to find an elegant solution so I just shot the priest from the balcony and ran for it
Also, you were way close to a certain elegant solution. I will post the video in a bit :D

If you go the sewers route, two things - knocking someone out near the wishing well drowns them sometimes (wtf), so be careful there. Dragging people through the well light also will expose you to lookers above, so use coins instead to get people away from the well. Also the mario disguise is pretty useful down there, although it won't get you into the crypt itself. You can unlock the crypt with the sewer key and it won't alarm the guards in front of you, but using the lockpick will set off their spidey-sense.

I couldn't find a good wrench near the safehouse so I ended up snagging 2 cans of spaghetti from the mansion kitchen storage room and used that as my knockout tool. The power of chef boyardi!

Church bell
taking out a few unintentional bystanders... No do-overs on that one. Dang it.

Exactly what I was worried about - I actually tested that option last night, but I had no way to test it with this many people there. I considered knocking out everyone else who would be nearby, but there's no place to hide the bodies!

Speaking of which, there's
a guard who tells the target he can't go up the bell tower
. Would
he go up there if that guard were gone? (Again, though, I don't know where I'd put him)

Also, I'm seriously worried about the cameras behaving strangely. Even after the recordings are deleted they still make a beeping sound - I had this same bug in Marrakesh where I lost "never spotted" because of that. At least there's no reason to go outside for this target.

MUnited83

For you.
Exactly what I was worried about - I actually tested that option last night, but I had no way to test it with this many people there. I considered knocking out everyone else who would be nearby, but there's no place to hide the bodies!

. Would
he go up there if that guard were gone? (Again, though, I don't know where I'd put him)
There's only one bystander that will get killed in regular circumstances, the Prince's bodyguard, which can be attracted out of the room by a coin or a remote distraction. Thats how I did my SA run .
Regarding the spoiler, that would be interesting. But I dont think they planned that far ahead :p.

not very elegant because all three bodies were not neatly stored in a box, so it was quite thrilling. took me a long time as well

That might actually have been a close call, because
the priest will eventually enter the security room

It takes a while, though, so now I'm considering just doing that anyway and then trying to beat the clock.

Here it is. Silent Assassin, Bell Kill.
https://youtu.be/hdZEP7ofFVs

Still don't understand your luck with getting away with some of this stuff. lol.

It said Body Found, then you look at your score and you get the points for No Bodies Found?

They really need to patch this stuff. Using explosives and having bodies found should not award Silent Assassin.

Last night I got frustrated doing the Sniper Assassin challenge for the new level. Silent Sniper equipped took out both the targets no problem. End screen tells me I was spotted?? NOOOOO!!

Moff

I think this was the best elusive so far. if they pump them out in this quality every other week this is a real highlight and another good reason why this is the best hitman game ever.
also made me think that maybe the sapienza night level might be for an elusive. they really changed a lot in the level this time with the placement of the bodyguards. A nice detail is that other places in sapienza lacked the bodyguards, they really simply moved them to the church.

I think this was the best elusive so far. if they pump them out in this quality every other week this is a real highlight and another good reason why this is the best hitman game ever.
also made me think that maybe the sapienza night level might be for an elusive. they really changed a lot in the level this time with the placement of the bodyguards. A nice detail is that other places in sapienza lacked the bodyguards, they really simply moved them to the church.

Only thing I hope they add going forward with the Elusive Targets is adding a few opportunities for the targets, which could lead to some unique kills. Of course for the Elusive Targets opportunities wouldn't be able to be tracked. The player would have to figure them out on their own.

MUnited83

For you.
Edit: regarding getting the bodyguard out of the way of the bell, I assume screwing with the sink that is on that room will work too if he isn't going for the coin.
Only thing I hope they add going forward with the Elusive Targets is adding a few opportunities for the targets, which could lead to some unique kills. Of course for the Elusive Targets opportunities wouldn't be able to be tracked. The player would have to figure them out on their own.
Some of the opportunities already seem somewhat built for the targets. The bell kill challenges could only be unlocked before in player contracts afaik.

xVodevil

This time success!!
And also way tooo easy....
Just got a bodyguard suit, and shot him behind the morgue from behind that little statue building or whatever... when he took a phone call

Foffy

Banned
Well that changes everything! I played this game for 60 hours and I didn't know that...

I believe a patch introduced this.

I remember users complaining that accidents were negatively impacted because they needed to be stealth accidents or else you were docked..

MUnited83

For you.
Well that changes everything! I played this game for 60 hours and I didn't know that...
Back in Paris when it released it wasn't this way. You would still get the Silent Assassin challenges just fine, but you would have no "No Bodies Found" bonus. They changed it after a few patches.

. Would

This is an awesome observation and I'm so gonna test it out on my 2nd account and will report back.
Pushing him from top of tower for accident kill would be sweet.

EDIT: I tried to get rid of the guard but no dice. Tried dropping a weapon but when guy took it and left another guy just took his place. Dropped 2 weapons and 2 guards took their places. There was no where to hide a body so I ended up working from top down taking out guards and stashing them in that little balcony with the drapes over it. Put probably 20 guys in there but more and more guys kept coming and eventually they had me pinned in and eventually I said screw it. Such is science =)

Chris R

Any chance these timed missions get added to the GOTY edition or whatever they end up calling the "completed" package when it's done next year?

Moff

to be precise this does not work with explosives, you need to set off oil tanks or a fire extinguisher like in the video. otherwise it won't count as an accident and only in accident kills the found bodies give no penalties.

Here it is. Silent Assassin, Bell Kill.
https://youtu.be/hdZEP7ofFVs

Awesome job!

Any chance these timed missions get added to the GOTY edition or whatever they end up calling the "completed" package when it's done next year?

I think majority of players think and hope so. It would be crazy to just throw away all that additional content. But nothing official yet and likely won't be until physical release.

Moff

never say never but they added these especially to encourage players to buy this game episodically and not wait for the full release.
personally, as an episodic player, I would not mind and it would not be the first time IO changed their mind about something, but I would not count on it.

KrebStar

Damn. I was really looking forward to diving into the elusive target tonight, but it seems my license for the episode has bugged out, rendering it and all PS4 DLC purchased after that point unplayable.

Guess I'll now be one of those hoping for elusive targets to repeat someday, as I don't see this problem being solved in time for this one.

Murkas

Got SA for the elusive, this one was quite tough.

Have IO mentioned anything regarding the sales and reception this game received? Like has it actually sold enough for them to know to never attempt anything like Absolution again.

Cromwell

Banned
Incredibly easy SA for me, following Moff's tips -

Went down to the sewer through apartment complex next to Church. Took out the plumber when he walked up, took out the security guard using a coin, took his clothes. Picked the gate, went into the side stairwell where the priest was walking up, took him out. Dragged him into the security room, took the security tape, and then not long after the target was walking down the same stairwell with one guard. Lured the guard back into the stairwell alone once they both went into the big room with the coffins, took him out once the door closed. Waited for the target to return to the stairwell and then killed him. No one ever entered the rooms where I left all the bodies I left.

Incredibly easy SA for me, following Moff's tips -

Went down to the sewer through apartment complex next to Church. Took out the plumber when he walked up, took out the security guard using a coin, took his clothes. Picked the gate, went into the side stairwell where the priest was walking up, took him out. Dragged him into the security room, took the security tape, and then not long after the target was walking down the same stairwell with one guard. Lured the guard back into the stairwell alone once they both went into the big room with the coffins, took him out once the door closed. Waited for the target to return to the stairwell and then killed him. No one ever entered the rooms where I left all the bodies I left.

Seems like a lot of work.
I took the clothes from the funeral director? Went in the church, picked up my silenced pistol in the confessional, deleted camera evidence, dropped pistol by the entrance leading to the sewers. Once the target and his single guard go downstairs, security retrieves weapon to secure it in a safe location leaving the target vulnerable. Neck snap, hid body in security room and walked out to the harbor disguised as a Priest.
SA.

It's a shame we can't replay these after successfully completing the mission.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
02:06 but I didn't get SA.

sniped the church bell panel from the ICA safe house but it killed three of his bodyguards so I lost SASO. I thought it was okay if it was an accident. oh well.

got in easy, took him out easy, even got a key to the church.

on the way out i accidentally unlocked a gate with the lockpick instead of said key --> trespassing --> SA gone.

damnit!

Top Bottom