• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

ev0

Really liking these harder escalations even though they sometimes feel tedious.

I wish they would move the Elusive Targets challenges to their own section. But that's just a dumb personal preference. I've managed to SA all three, but boy if would bother my OCD if I missed one and never had the chance again

MUnited83

For you.
Finally went ham on Marrakesh and did Silent Assassin Suit Only beggining kn the base location. It was really fum, quite a bit more challenging than the previous episodes. Not as hard as I thought it would be however.

While I like the other episodes better, I think the changes in design for Marrakech were really refreshing. A good palatte cleanser and variation is good.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I played my first elusive target. The pressure is definitely there. I killed him with the bell and only needed to walk out of there with the church clothes. Nice.

Is it random when the prince is under the bell? I'm trying to figure out when to shoot the rope and i've tried it about 50 times based on other peoples videos. And just can't seem to get the timing, its like he hasn't been triggered to go under it or something.

Every time I think something is random I eventually discover or am told about a proximity trigger (often very small) that will influence the target's route every time. I didn't experiment w/the bell kill on this ET but found the trigger for getting him to always exit side door of church immediately instead of hanging around in middle or going into catacombs). There may still be a randomness assigned if you *don't* hit a proximity trigger, but if you do, you should be able to get them to go where you want every time.

While I like the other episodes better, I think the changes in design for Marrakech were really refreshing. A good palatte cleanser and variation is good.

I agree with this. While I still don't love Marrakesh I have enjoyed re-playing it than I thought I would and variety is the slice of life. If we got another Sapienz we might not have appreciated it as much but now I definitely will if Episode 4 is able to reach those heights.

Laptops in marrakesh cycle some images, including images of Sapienza. They also have images of what looks like the Japanese map.

1b27ec8f12c2a1bb41858abd20c8f4c1b6e32c60_1_690x388.jpg

4399baadb56270985d36e6cbd0e352a7a441ff13_1_690x388.jpg

Nice, Japan is up next too right?

TheKeyPit

Banned
While looking around during the elusive target contract, I found a way how I would approach a suit only run, but in the end I wanted to play it safe :)

Demoskinos

Failed this Elusive target horribly. Tried finding a way into the church and just nope...nothing. Might have been at a disadvantage considering Ive only played Sapienza through like once and don't know some of the map.

The fact that the CX demo block doesn't count as a visible weapon is hilarious, and it is the most cliche looking block of plastic explosive and yet you can waltz right into the embassy with it in hand.

Also it seems like the Banker's daughter isn't in the level, went through the crowd in contracts mode, tagging everyone and no dice. Weird, since they mention her in two conversations and by name.

Jintor

Also I was quite satisfied I managed to do this Elusive Target without reloading, whereas I had to rejigger it like five times trying to take out the Congressman because of bugs or whatever

Deadstar

Really liking these harder escalations even though they sometimes feel tedious.

I wish they would move the Elusive Targets challenges to their own section. But that's just a dumb personal preference. I've managed to SA all three, but boy if would bother my OCD if I missed one and never had the chance again

Missed the first elusive as far as getting silent assassin. Tried to get silent assassin with this guy but couldn't figure it out so I dropped a bell on him. As long as I get the target I don't really mind.

For years, I've wished for a game that makes you own the outcome of what you do, be it success or failure. This is finally the game I wanted, so while missing silent assassin is still painful I'm going to take it as it comes.

The fact that the CX demo block doesn't count as a visible weapon is hilarious, and it is the most cliche looking block of plastic explosive and yet you can waltz right into the embassy with it in hand.

Also it seems like the Banker's daughter isn't in the level, went through the crowd in contracts mode, tagging everyone and no dice. Weird, since they mention her in two conversations and by name.

That's amazing. I need to get on unlocking that.

Presumably she would not use his last name, given their relationship?

Jintor

yeah but they give her first name in the conversations so she should be easy to find (if she's tagged under that).

given they had the biochemists' mum on the training mission yatch (mission recreation I guess), if they intended to put her in the level, I bet she'd be in there...

She might have been in there but removed, or it was just oversight. I definitely think they rushed to make end of May so it's possible some stuff was cut late but there were remnants left connected to them (like the poison coffee maker in Congressman ET).

For years, I've wished for a game that makes you own the outcome of what you do, be it success or failure. This is finally the game I wanted, so while missing silent assassin is still painful I'm going to take it as it comes.

That's amazing. I need to get on unlocking that.

Yep, as someone else mentioned they mention her name in two conversations and there is no one in the crowd or near it with that name, even waited for his conversation with her and then ran out to tag people.

So unless she changed her name also, she is probably not there, maybe she will appear in some next level.

That reminds me, I just read a comment saying that you can get The Prince to go to the top of the belltower - but only by removing his personal guard as well as the guard at the bottom of the stairs.

Also, The Wetzel Determination is diabolical. Level 3 is guaranteed to throw all your level 2 strategies out the window. The first target will suddenly force you to go a very long way, and the second target only gives you a split second opportunity.

3 distinct phases:

EXPLORATION: I love to explore, see where I can / not go, discover items / distractions, what I can do with them, and so on.

PLANNING: I love tailing the target, learning their habits are, getting ideas for kills and kill areas, exit planning, etc.

EXECUTION: I want to do it Silent Assassin. Then I want to do it Suit Only. Then I want to do both faster and faster, and adding in things like no subdues and specific weapons.

Yeah, I go in with all the good intentions of doing this. Even go to the trouble of trying out a few disguises. Then...

I spot an easy opportunity to throw the rubber ducky, blow up the pope along with both his body guards as they stare at a grave, run away with half the NPC's chasing behind be fast and exit with a piss poor score.

https://www.twitch.tv/hitman/v/71625872

IO's take on the 3rd elusive target.

They also talk about ET rewards. The reward for 5 ET missions is now the Absolution Suit with gloves. I guess this means the Blood Money suit will have gloves too.
Future suits are meant to be iconic to reward the long time dedication of players.

The 4th elusive target will be available during E3, as soon as the doors open.

As far as I know that's 12:00 (21:00 GMT) pacific time on the 14th.

It will be available as long as the E3 is open, that's 53 hours.

EDIT: https://hitman.com/en-us/news/this-week-in-hitman-10-6-2016

here's the blog post

Moff

damn, if they keep releasing elusives on that schedule hitman will easily be the best episodic release of a game ever.

https://www.twitch.tv/hitman/v/71625872

IO's take on the 3rd elusive target.

They also talk about ET rewards. The reward for 5 ET missions is now the Absolution Suit with gloves. I guess this means the Blood Money suit will have gloves too.
Future suits are meant to be iconic to reward the long time dedication of players.

The 4th elusive target will be available during E3, as soon as the doors open.

As far as I know that's 12:00 (21:00 GMT) pacific time on the 14th.

It will be available as long as the E3 is open, that's 53 hours.

EDIT: https://hitman.com/en-us/news/this-week-in-hitman-10-6-2016

here's the blog post

I like the drop of blood on the cuff. Nice touch.

So lame that elusives have a time limit. When I eventually buy the whole game is there even gonna be any elusives?

Probably not. The whole incentive of buying it early is the live content that they put out that is only available for a short time. If you bought early you get to play this other content they put out, if you didn't, you dont. I dunno what else to tell you, they've been awful at communicating a lot of concepts but this is one portent they've been crystal clear on.

Moff

Nah the point is that you only get one shot, you don't need a time limit for this. What if i'm not home when they release an elusive? I'll just miss it, yay how fun.

good there are a lot of them, then.
elusives are meant as a motivation to buy the game episodically, they are not meant to be there when people buy the full game. they are meant to be an event. that's why the guy you quoted is absolutely right when he says no one would talk about them if every episode simply came with 4 or 5 elusives. they would cease to be an event.

don't worry, you will still get the best hitman game ever.

Nah the point is that you only get one shot, you don't need a time limit for this. What if i'm not home when they release an elusive? I'll just miss it, yay how fun.

If you're away from when they release an elusive, then you'll 72 hours to make your way home and play the mission, I don't see the problem.

My problem is I want the gloves and they are locked behind elusives, that's why the time limit annoys me. I hope there will eventually be some other way to get them...

MUnited83

For you.
Probably not. The whole incentive of buying it early is the live content that they put out that is only available for a short time. If you bought early you get to play this other content they put out, if you didn't, you dont. I dunno what else to tell you, they've been awful at communicating a lot of concepts but this is one portent they've been crystal clear on.

I'm pretty sure there will be lots of elusives even after release. Imo their whole live content thing will extend to the full release as well.

This game just gets better and better. Hoping they tease the next location at E3.

My problem is I want the gloves and they are locked behind elusives, that's why the time limit annoys me. I hope there will eventually be some other way to get them...

It would be cool if they made a gloves version of the default suit. Maybe unlocked by mastering a few levels.

Moff

well, why not play the game now?
I understand hesitation when it comes to episodic games, I generally don't like that either. all other episodic games had to wait until they were complete before I played them.
But believe me when I say hitman is a lot better episodically, and I believe most in the thread here share the same view.

And I am not even talking about the elusive targets, they are obviously a forced mechanic to make the game more attractive for episodic play.
no, the game is absolutely built to be better episodically from the very start. simply because the levels are absolutely massively huge and there is so much to do in them.
sure, you can do all that after the game is released, but I know I wouldn't. Honestly, at least half of the levels content is wasted on a full release.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if you love hitman, buy this game episodically, you will have so much more fun with it. after 3 episodes, I have played this game for incredible 54 hours. there is simply no way in hell I would spend that much time with the first three episodes if I would have bought the full release.

and I loved every minute.

well, why not play the game now?
I understand hesitation when it comes to episodic games, I generally don't like that either. all other episodic games had to wait until they were complete before I played them.
But believe me when I say hitman is a lot better episodically, and I believe most in the thread here share the same view.

And I am not even talking about the elusive targets, they are obviously a forced mechanic to make the game more attractive for episodic play.
no, the game is absolutely built to be better episodically from the very start. simply because the levels are absolutely massively huge and there is so much to do in them.
sure, you can do all that after the game is released, but I know I wouldn't. Honestly, at least half of the levels content is wasted on a full release.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if you love hitman, buy this game episodically, you will have so much more fun with it. after 3 episodes, I have played this game for incredible 54 hours. there is simply no way in hell I would spend that much time with the first three episodes if I would have bought the full release.

and I loved every minute.

Yep. The episodic format really influences replaying levels over and experimenting with a bunch of different things. It's perfect. I'm glad they stuck to their original idea after all the backlash.

But for those players that don't really give a shit and just want to play through the game once. Just wait for the retail release.

Ha, I'm probably late to realize this but I was just playing some Codename 47 and noticed that 47 spelled his alias as "Tobias Rieper", as opposed to "Reaper" like he does in Paris. I went to double check the trophy list and I was surprised to see that IO had already fixed it. I didn't even know renaming trophies was possible.

Tuffty

I took out the Prince!

Started off in the main square tower, worked my way down the rooms and picked up a few items, including the crowbar (more on that in a bit). Waited for the guy at the morgue to leave his shop for a smoke and picked the lock to sneak inside. Opened the door and threw a coin to lure the bodyguard into the room and I choked him out, taking his disguise. Followed him around for a bit and realised he was standing underneath the bell. Followed him for a bit more and was tempted to pop him and his guard as they walked to the sewers but I decided to take a gamble with the bell. So made my way up to the top, clocked the guard and waited. Sure enough, I see the bodyguard with my instinct vision and once I see him stop underneath me, I break the chain with the crowbar. There's a moment of tension, thinking I had missed and then that glorious music cue kicks in! I vaulted over the side, slid down the pipe and made it to the boat and to an escape. It was great because I got the challenge at for killing a target with the bell too and so took the opportunity to tweet it at the Hitman account.

And the Hitman account made my kill public for all to see! Super cool of them. https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/741334070743957505

Tuffty

Oh my god I didn't even know there was a
drainpipe

That could have changed my whole run. Well done.

If I hadn't seen the drainpipe I wouldn't have even attempted it tbh. The cool thing that Elusive Targets have taught me is that the escape plan is just as important as the assassination itself.

I'm pretty sure there will be lots of elusives even after release. Imo their whole live content thing will extend to the full release as well.

They very well may continue to come out with them, but these guys that have already come up probably won't be back. I mean, if they went back and made them replayable I would certainly enjoy them, but it would literally defeat the entire point of elusives...since day one of their reveal, they've always been a time sensitive, one-shot, one-kill experience.

Ludens

Banned
They very well may continue to come out with them, but these guys that have already come up probably won't be back. I mean, if they went back and made them replayable I would certainly enjoy them, but it would literally defeat the entire point of elusives...since day one of their reveal, they've always been a time sensitive, one-shot, one-kill experience.

"Ehy look 47, that dude you killed the last time wasn't so dead, so please kill him again, you have 48 hours to kill him in the exact same way you did the last time. Good luck!"

"Ehy look 47, that dude you killed the last time wasn't so dead, so please kill him again, you have 48 hours to kill him in the exact same way you did the last time. Good luck!"

I mean it's really no different than 47 killing the main targets 100s of times over and over again to unlock the challenges.

They're not going to repeat the elusives during the first 'season' of the game but I wouldn't be surprised if we see them again after it's over.

Top Bottom