• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I mean it's really no different than 47 killing the main targets 100s of times over and over again to unlock the challenges.

They're not going to repeat the elusives during the first 'season' of the game but I wouldn't be surprised if we see them again after it's over.

Exactly. Most people replay / experiment killing the SAME target over and over. There are only 2 targets on each map. With elusives that number jumps to 4-5 (maybe more?) and yet some people really don't want access to this content? I just don't understand how something being released 4-5 months later could tarnish your experience of the initial 48 hour playthrough. But different strokes as they say.

BlackJace

jg9rTsa.jpg

Got eeeeeem.

Once you take out his bodyguard it's not that bad.
Probably my most savage hit yet, as I slit his throat with a kitchen knife.

Cromwell

Banned
So you have to successfully take out 5 elusive's to get the suit, right? If you fail it doesn't count? That's hardcore. I messed up the first one but got the next two. I wonder how much different the Blood Money suit will end up looking from Absolution and the default black suit one.

I basically just walked in, saw them walking down the stairs, threw scissors at the guard, threw a knife at the prince, and ran out.
Not the prettiest hit, but eh.

I don't expect the elusive rewards to be particularly noteworthy. Unless it unlocks the Requiem suit for you all who didn't get it through the pre-order or whatever it was, because that suit is slick.

The thing about suits is that it's not like you're going to be wearing them for long in most runs anyway.

If you want some unprecedented unlocks that really distinguish "your" 47 and stay with you all the time, maybe we could have custom barcodes. It makes no sense, but it would immediately and constantly show that you are a player with distiguished accomplishments.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there a list of the things the fortune teller can spawn? He spawned a baseball bat on my game. I believe that's the only baseball bat on the game so far?

After losing patience, I just ended up running down the left side of the church by the water, knocking out the two guards, picking the lock, then shooting the target in the head from the door, then running to the boat. Suit only! Hah.

3/3 on Silent Assassin on these Elusives. I didn't wanna fuck with that church bell so I just played very patiently. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Is there a list of the things the fortune teller can spawn? He spawned a baseball bat on my game. I believe that's the only baseball bat on the game so far?

I've seen assault rifle, shotgun, and remote mine. I think that covers everything.

Edit: Just went back to the launch trailer to confirm something: the Marrakesh soldiers used to have helmets. I had been expecting an armor mechanic (preventing headshots, etc.) but it seems that must have been cut.

yeah that one is totally bugged, had it twice after this section right before he enters the school.
had to thrown around some stuff to reset the AI and make him continue
I was mildly amused by the citizens deciding they were holding invisible guns. But yeah, Marrakesh and that opportunity is botched to hell.

Still got two more level to get Mastery 20.

phoenixyz

First elusive I didn't SA. It was already quite late yesterday night and I couldn't think of an elegant way to do it. So I
sniped him from the Sapienza Ruins

KingKong

I got level 5 in Paris and unlocked the sniper rifle, but I can only use it in the Paris level? I thought the weapons carried over

Kalor

The Sapienza mission sounds like it could be great. I wonder if this means that the next episode will be in August.

ZeroX03

Banned
great news about the bonus missions
but no episode 4 in june

Noting the release schedule we had with really late april and the absolute end of may, there was no way we were realistically going to get Ep 4 in June, as much as I would have wanted it. I'm okay with this, frankly, because I haven't given Marrakesh (or Sapienza, frankly) nearly as much love as it deserves.

Ludens

Banned
Not excited at all for this new episode. It sounds exactly like a contract with maybe some cutscenes and dialogues, nothing more, nothing less.
I want new locations, not new targets in the already-visited-40-times-each locations.

Foffy

Banned
I suppose that's why it's called "bonus".

You know how shows sometimes get filler episodes? They've literally designed a game with this in mind. ;)

Not excited at all for this new episode. It sounds exactly like a contract with maybe some cutscenes and dialogues, nothing more, nothing less.
I want new locations, not new targets in the already-visited-40-times-each locations.

It sounds like they've kept the same level geometry and changed around the whole scenario. Different opportunities, different missions, different everything. That doesn't sound exciting to you?

ZeroX03

Banned

Cool, you can pay for them when they come out in a few months then?

These are new NPC layouts with new challenges and opportunities (aka things to do), not simple contracts thrown into the old missions.

I suppose that's why it's called "bonus".

You know how shows sometimes get filler episodes? They've literally designed a game with this in mind. ;)

It adds a whole film set to Sapienza for example. New opportunities aswell. To me it sounds like they're smaller missions, probably like the 2nd tutorial in scale.

Ludens

Banned
True enough, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be a pretty substantial difference...but honestly so long as I don't have to dig into that damn underground lab all the time I'm fine with this.

Lol. I used to destroy the virus using the usb because that part is awful, but even by doing so you still need to do the morgue opportunity.

Oh, neat. A level I actually know really well! It'll be good to have an excuse to go back to Paris for a little while. I like that they're going back to the older maps. Now that there's a little stable of them it doesn't feel as bad as it did on release.

Top Bottom