• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

You know, failing to SA that first Elusive Target has really made me feel a lot more laid back about future ETs, because I'll either get the chance to SA them all if they get a second release or I'll forever be unable to 100% the challenges anyway. Couldn't quite manage to SA the Priest though. Ended up sniping from the tower in the main square as he was in the gardens, which was pretty awesome.

New missions for Sapienza/Marrakesh sound great, although it's a shame they're treating them as new episodes rather than additional missions. Guess we can rule out new missions for the other levels in the future :/

Hey, Marrakesh turned out to be designed for a nighttime mission as I thought.

I guess the most telling language is "the final three missions," which suggests that this really is the seventh episode. Plus they outright say now that the season finale is in Japan.

are they? doesn't it say they are bonus missions between episode 3 and 4? doesnt sound like an episode

They're calling it the 'bonus summer episode' and we knew they were planning a seventh episode in addition to the six locations already revealed, so I guess so? Maybe not, but I'd say it's pretty likely that this is the seventh episode (technically making it the fourth episode).

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding release schedule, I remember being clear before release that the first three levels would release monthly, and then the rest of them throughout the rest of the year.

Not excited at all for this new episode. It sounds exactly like a contract with maybe some cutscenes and dialogues, nothing more, nothing less.
I want new locations, not new targets in the already-visited-40-times-each locations.

The way everything will be laid out and designed will be vastly different. It's not "exactly like a contract" in the slightest.

Anyways, great news, I always thought ever since the leaks that the bonus episode they announced would be this, and it's nice to finally see it confirmed.

I love that the movie set includes fake building facades that look exactly like the real buildings just a few meters away.

There has to be a way to make one of those fall on someone. Bonus points if there's a chance the victim is left unharmed thanks to an open window.

They can even get away with leaving out the caves due to this mission being set in the past, but there's got to be something to do in the villa. It will be cool to see it at night, if nothing else.

Moff

hitman is on the e3 pc show right now

elusive target intro was shown and some footage from the sapienza movie set at night, looks a lot different

This is great news. Don't see how it can be seen as negative. Getting a 7th episode for free. Nighttime versions w/new targets and challenges. Even if they just amount to the training missions in scope I will be happy. They have been cranking out ET's and escalations to keep us busy. I say more time the better in terms of Episode 4. Take your time and don't rush it. Outside of some bugs & optimization issues IO seems to be hitting their stride.

2995979233425.01.bb1f6ce240f75821bde415c9cd099078.jpg
2995755696976.215.cfb638d8cfafff1a596d0d3eadb0f32a.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
This is great news. Don't see how it can be seen as negative. Getting a 7th episode for free. Nighttime versions w/new targets and challenges. Even if they just amount to the training missions in scope I will be happy. They have been cranking out ET's and escalations to keep us busy. I say more time the better in terms of Episode 4. Take your time and don't rush it. Outside of some bugs & optimization issues IO seems to be hitting their stride.

Yep, not only is this awesome for more missions, but giving an entirely new NPC layout and routines gives the potential for hundreds more challenging and interesting custom user levels. Super excited for night Sapienza.

This new Hitman is pretty much a game I could play forever.

Great point about user contracts with night modes / new routines, especially if they end up announcing upgrades in that area (fingers crossed this happens tomorrow!)

EDIT: won't be tomorrow likely, but hopefully Wednesday:

HITMAN - LIVESTREAM WITH YOSUKE MATSUDA
(11am – 12pm LA time, Wednesday 15th June)

President of Square Enix, Yosuke Matsuda, will join members of the HITMAN development team to talk about the game. Matsuda-san will also create a unique Contract live on the stream, which will later be added to the game for all players to try.

Staf

Wow, downloaded it yesterday and am now on the Paris mission. It's freaking awesome! Really liked the previous Hitmans but didn't get this on release for some reason.

Ozium

Update is out on Steam.

73.6 MB

no Elusive yet according to Bernardo... probably prep for it when they flip the switch server side tho

2ez
Spawned as IAGO, went to 2nd floor to grab Auction Staff outfit, grabbed emetic poison on the way down to the palace garden, poisoned his vodka, followed him and then slit his throat with a knife. Probably would've been faster to spawn as Palace Staff in the kitchen but I didn't want to risk palace staff not being allowed in the party.

Only one more Elusive until I get a suit with gloves!!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
2ez
Spawned as IAGO, went to 2nd floor to grab Auction Staff outfit, grabbed emetic poison on the way down to the palace garden, poisoned his vodka, followed him and then slit his throat with a knife. Probably would've been faster to spawn as Palace Staff in the kitchen but I didn't want to risk palace staff not being allowed in the party.

Only one more Elusive until I get a suit with gloves!!

I did almost the same thing. I tried to do it as a security guard but there's too many people who can see through it and you can't separate him or do something that won't kill other people.

My solution was fairly straight forward

1. Spawn as tech and drop the Sniper Rifle in the shed
2. Choke out the Sheik
3. Lure and knock out one guard into the shed
4. Sneak the Sniper rifle in
5. Headshot from the crane

It was really the best costume if you're not sure where the target is since he has such wide clearance across the level. Not a silent assassin but I'm fine with a bit of a mess...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Got tired of seeing which drink the target drank and simply sniped him from the barge tower.

MUnited83

For you.
Got tired of seeing which drink the target drank and simply sniped him from the barge tower.

It's always the vodka glass that is different from all the others. That said, he only seems to take one single sip from what I heard? So you might miss the opportunity if you are not quick enough. That said, you can delay the taking of the sip by activating the fireworks.

Fun but easy, similar strat to you guys

start off in kitchen as palace staff with lockpick.
shot camera station after a few seconds so I can move around.
went upstairs to 2nd floor, waited for patrols to move away and went in and got auction outfit from guy in big room all by himself. Grabbed boat key while upstairs.
went downstairs 1st floor, kitchen, grabbed 2 rat poisons.
Went around long way to garden party, don't think you can stroll in as auction staff, but can lockpick side doors and just walk in no problems.
Poisoned vodka glass, he drank it, followed and garrotted. I think he drinks from the glass once after you walk into his line of sight, so you gotta make a quick dash to it and just restart if he drinks before you can get to it.
Escape via boat, got silent assassin challenge done as well.

I tried 2-3 times using the sheik outfit, but the problem is you can't really poison the drink as anything but auction staff. It makes it super easy though, only 1 other auction guy inside the garden will try to spot you.

I got a respectable score of 175k but I have no idea how the top guys are getting 200k+ scores, thats like under a minute with no bodies found.

MUnited83

For you.
I could see near 200k being legit (mine was around 191k, and if I wanted I could optimize my route to be at least 20 seconds faster with some luck. Everything above 200K definitely involves cheating imo.

Holy crap, I played this way harder than some of you. And it got hairy near the end.

- Used the Pale Duck and Lockpick
- Spawned in the Palace garden, snuck into the party by lock picking the gate.
- After like the 4th try, he finally picks up the duck himself
- I try to find an exit but end up trespassing
- I blow Smythe up
- I run to an exit not marked for civilians
- Started getting shot at mid exit
- Screen starts to turn RED (fuck)
- ENDING CUTSCENE, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

3/4 Elusives successful.

Fun but easy, similar strat to you guys

Same thing for me. After the minor fiasco last time I decided to just go for the boring option this time.

I assume
turning on the music while he's on the phone
is the other obvious option, but I have no confidence in my ability to get the whole crowd to look the other way.

And then there's the
gas lamps
, but that requires
a suspicious action with the wrench

Bebpo

Banned
I never used the rubber ducky before so I walked by the target and dropped it on the ground hoping he'd pick it up. I thought you had to trigger it going off.
Well, instead it blew up and killed like 6 people as the entire crowd flew in every direction including the target and so I kept walking and walked out of the mission lol

Also was there any way to turn the music off without being spotted? I started the fireworks and figured everyone was looking up but turning off the music made me suspicious with everyone and I had to move really quickly at that point.

I never used the rubber ducky before so I walked by the target and dropped it on the ground hoping he'd pick it up. I thought you had to trigger it going off.
Well, instead it blew up and killed like 6 people as the entire crowd flew in every direction including the target and so I kept walking and walked out of the mission lol
One of the rubber duckies is proximity based, one is remote triggered.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not too hard. Five stars, SA with 170k points. Could've probably shaved a 30 seconds off my time but still happy with the performance.

Start at IAGO, go down and get the Auction Staff outfit in the big room, down two floors for the Rat Poison, back up to the garden, run straight to the glass to poison it, follow target, garrote in the bathroom.

Got SA but thought this this was a pretty crappy ET, especially following the last one. Like Marrakesh, it felt a little rushed / half baked / step back. No real desire to replay on 2nd account but maybe will screw around and see if I can find some creative kill to post.

Additional footage from E3 of summer missions has me HYPED. Levels look totally different.

Easiest ET yet if you use a sniper rifle.

Anyone else figure out what the deal was with the sound system at the party?
The guy would shout for it to be turned off and one of the staff would walk up to the system, but the music would stay on for some reason.

Guy refused to drink anything so I had to snipe him. Got only 2 stars. Whatever. Two more targets till the absolution suit.

You have to get to him VERY quickly or you miss the poisoned vodka opportunity. He'll take one sip and as far as I could tell, never again. I'm not sure if the timed drink starts as soon as you start the map or when you get to within a certain proximity to him but yeah, the window of opportunity there is very slim.

4/4 SA.

I HATE that my shit is glitched (I'm not the only one) to where my challenges don't pop for me on the score screen. They always pop the next time I finish anything - a regular run through, a contract, an escalation, etc. It always makes me nervous that I didn't actually get it.

This new Paris Escalation is tough. I like it.

Top Bottom