• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jintor

Hurm. Might avoid the use of the Pale Duck in future events. Makes it too easy if I'm willing to compromise and aren't aiming for SA.

Jintor

I'm not a fan of a activity cycle that doesn't reset in the mission itself. Something where I actually have to deliberately reset because he'll never drink the vodka again seems to go against the entire point of the Elusive Target, which is to take your opportunity and sit and wait until it arises again.

In other words, a one-off activity outside the standard cycle seems to encourage save-scumming (or just resetting), which irritates me.

Did the Congressman cycle down to drinking the wine again?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm not a fan of a activity cycle that doesn't reset in the mission itself. Something where I actually have to deliberately reset because he'll never drink the vodka again seems to go against the entire point of the Elusive Target, which is to take your opportunity and sit and wait until it arises again.

In other words, a one-off activity outside the standard cycle seems to encourage save-scumming (or just resetting), which irritates me.

I think he did but even if he didn',t he had a route with plenty of opportunities. This target only real opportunity for SA is being fast and lucky enough to poison him before he takes a sip. Worst elusive target by far, a real dissapointment.

I do wonder that if you take out the auction staff dude that stops the music, the target will go to a more secluded place to talk on the phone.

As I recall, he did.

Here, clearly the poison opportunity is the absolute safest option and most people probably took it. I guess not making it repeat was supposed to encourage people to try some of the other options.

Not that it mattered because poison is just so risk-free in this case that people will restart for it.

Jeffrey

wait there is a new elusive already?

wish they'd send me an email (I am on the square enix mailing list) or something to notify.

ymgve

Those of you that sniped, did you use the silenced or zoomed sniper rifle? I used the one with zoom and promptly got taken down by the approx 1000 guards that heard the gunshot. Would have used the silenced one but without zoom it was impossible to identify the target.

On the one hand I agree with you, it kinda makes it nice to think about your method of going in and leaving and lets you sit and plan. On the other hand, it does detract from the immersion/realism, that this guy just constantly is eating a piece of sushi or drinking the same drink every 90 seconds or whatever. I like the way its setup for the main target in Paris, where he wants a very specific drink so you can "initiate" the process and control terms on your own, but thats probably not possible for random elusive targets which are basically just a step up from contracts.

I am pretty sure anyways the target taking his drink is triggered off proximity to Hitman, I took my sweet ass time getting to him the first time (Sheik costume first, then auction, poison, had to run back up and get boat key) and he still took his first sip when I walked over, exactly the same as my second run when I was like 3 minutes faster getting to him. Either distance to him or just entering the garden triggers a timer for his drink routine.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Guy refused to drink anything so I had to snipe him. Got only 2 stars. Whatever. Two more targets till the absolution suit.

Me too. On the IAGO-auction balcony I threw a brick at that one guy up there and then just sniped the target from there, dropped the weapon and dissapeared.

Demoskinos

Me too. On the IAGO-auction balcony I threw a brick at that one guy up there and then just sniped the target from there, dropped the weapon and dissapeared.

You can get him from the barge as well. Got to wait until he walks up on the Pagoda but you're also right by the Helicopter if you do it from the barge.

TheKeyPit

Banned
You can get him from the barge as well. Got to wait until he walks up on the Pagoda but you're also right by the Helicopter if you do it from the barge.

I wanted to play it safe, because I thought that the guards would run up to the barge and I couldn't escape then.

phoenixyz

Oh wow, I messed this elusive up because I
accidently used the non-supressed sniper rifle. Obviously all guards in the area immediately came running and killed me.

Murkas

Dunno if this glitch is common but it wouldn't let me dunk his head into the toilet, so I decided to fibre wire instead and even though the prompt was there, pressing square wouldn't do anything. After switching items he finally garrotted him.

Was crying because he was there on his own in the toilet and the game wouldn't let me kill him.

Bebpo

Banned
the one from paris is silenced without zoom
the one from sapienza is with zoom but not silenced

Yeah, as much as I want a silence + zoom, I understand why they did this for balance. Silence + Zoom would be just way too overpowered and break a lot of challenges.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think if you have a noise source near your sniping point it'll cover your gunshot sound. The sniping point in Sapienza town has a radio you can flick on.

I think if you have a noise source near your sniping point it'll cover your gunshot sound. The sniping point in Sapienza town has a radio you can flick on.

I completed this already but another approach would be starting the fireworks as cover if you're gonna use a sniper rifle?
I wish I had done this instead.
Enable replays IO if you successfully completed the contract, please!

Yeah, as much as I want a silence + zoom, I understand why they did this for balance. Silence + Zoom would be just way too overpowered and break a lot of challenges.

Yup. What will be interesting is if we eventually get one with both near end of season as games traditionally unlock the most OP items last. And if so, will we be able to use it at the start of Season 2, potentially making that whole season / challenges too easy? And this is not even throwing in the inclusion of the eventual briefcase.

On the other hand, this game is all about experimentation / self imposed difficulty so I'm not sure it really matters. People who want to cheese an OP sniper rifle and have fun doing so will do so and others will have fun trying to challenge themselves via different methods.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hmm. I'm at a loss

I'm in the party as a bodyguard. No idea how to kill this kid. Can't poison his drink without being seen. Can't do anything without being seen

MUnited83

For you.
Dunno if this glitch is common but it wouldn't let me dunk his head into the toilet, so I decided to fibre wire instead and even though the prompt was there, pressing square wouldn't do anything. After switching items he finally garrotted him.

Was crying because he was there on his own in the toilet and the game wouldn't let me kill him.
he's not supposed to go to the toilet, he seems to go throw up in the trash can instead.

This guy was like a hybrid of Bieber and Drake right?

That's what I got from the Synopsis. Though I don't think either was involved in a triple homicide.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I threw scissors at his head from the bushes in the party and booked it out of there. Success! Fuck it!

The Technomancer

Whelp used the
sniper rifle for the first time!

Started as a tech crew, grabbed the fireworks display remote
Had the rifle stashed in the truck, so I grabbed it, set off the display and hightailed it up to the third floor via pipe, knocking out a few guards along the way
Then it was just one headshot

Bebpo

Banned
Also when are we getting more escalations for Marrakesh? Only 1 escalation is kind of pathetic. Why are they still adding escalations to Paris? So weird. Paris is totally good on Escalations, I think they're made some interesting challenges for almost every part of the stage at this point and NPC routine. Get the one guy making Escalations to start working on Marrakesh and going back doing more for Sapienza. I want to have more interesting things to do on these maps!

What's considered the sniping point in Sapienza?

ZeroX03

Banned
What's considered the sniping point in Sapienza?

There's one very close to the default starting location if you climb to the top of big building (which has a few big empty unused rooms). That's the one which had a radio. Others being the ruins and church of course.

Hybris

Failed my 2nd one... That was so dumb. I literally sat there waiting for something to happen for 15 minutes. Tried turning off the music, luring with coins, nothing worked. Ended up trying to set an explosive for him but guards killed me before I could get out. Really terrible design compared to all the others. I'm against resetting, so this was just impossible for me. Didn't know to bring a sniper, or any other better method to kill him.

The Technomancer

Failed my 2nd one... That was so dumb. I literally sat there waiting for something to happen for 15 minutes. Tried turning off the music, luring with coins, nothing worked. Ended up trying to set an explosive for him but guards killed me before I could get out. Really terrible design compared to all the others. I'm against resetting, so this was just impossible for me. Didn't know to bring a sniper, or any other better method to kill him.

Generally speaking I find if I'm in that spot I can usually at least scope out an escape route that allows me to chuck a knife in his head and run for it

Foffy

Banned

To my knowledge, this ET was made during the launch of Paris, and was actually contained in review copies.

I'm quite sure he's very simple compared to the more recent ones, but I'll find out for mahself~

MMaRsu

I completed this already but another approach would be starting the fireworks as cover if you're gonna use a sniper rifle?
I wish I had done this instead.
Enable replays IO if you successfully completed the contract, please!

I did this, and no guards came running :)

Top Bottom