• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
This may have already been posted, but the Summer Bonus Episodes are coming out on July 19, and feature two levels:

• Sapienza Film Set - 1 Target
  • Marrakesh One Year Before Episode 3 - 2 Targets, and Files to recover

IGN Interview with Torben Ellert, Lead Online Designer, IO Interactive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx6l3GbdqPo

Weird that they'd essentially make Marrakesh's level essentially a prequel to most of Season One's campaign, outside of the Tutorial.

ZeroX03

Banned
Video mentioned new achievements, cool.

Also looks like an improvement to Marrakesh. Making it more like Sapienza and making it a more relaxed and scenic location. Didn't see much (or any?) of the school, hope it's remixed.

are the bonus episodes free updates?

I saw one article refer to them as free, but could see no citation. Everywhere else has no mention of the price. I hope they're free, otherwise that's $75 to buy the game piece by piece.

Weird that they'd essentially make Marrakesh's level essentially a prequel to most of Season One's campaign, outside of the Tutorial.

I remember one of the "Talking Hitman" videos where they were talking about the story they discussed the fact that they were going to be playing around a lot with the timeline, and that having the prologue be before all of them and episode 1 after all of them was just the start of that idea, so it isn't too far fetched.

Note: Not playing around with the timeline in terms of canon, but more in terms of flash backs and flash forwards.

They actually said that the idea of the bonus episodes is to provide some missions which are basically separate to the main storyline, and can just happen in their own little self-contained space. I don't imagine there'll be any reference in them back to the main storyline, outside of maybe little Easter eggs.

With the Marrakesh bonus episode, the idea is to get away from the very dramatic locked-down atmosphere of Episode 3, and make it a more relaxed location like Sapienza. The one year difference is just their excuse for making that change :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
When does that elusive end? Been too consumed by E3 stuff lately so I'm not sure if I need to get into it within the next few hours or not.

geardo

I've now tried and failed at two of the ET missions. The most recent one, I threw a proximity mine into the crowd near the target, missed him but blew up a bunch of the party goers. At this point everyone's freaking out; I manage to maneuver away from the guards and find some cover behind the target. I throw a knife into his head - killing him - the guards spot me and gun me down as I frantically try to run the hell out of there.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've now tried and failed at two of the ET missions. The most recent one, I threw a proximity mine into the crowd near the target, missed him but blew up a bunch of the party goers. At this point everyone's freaking out; I manage to maneuver away from the guards and find some cover behind the target. I throw a knife into his head - killing him - the guards spot me and gun me down as I frantically try to run the hell out of there.

That's when you gotta hit restart, even if it feels dirty.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean it does suck he's confined to his party but I guess it makes sense.

The thing is that you literally can't do anything to alter his route if you don't poison him. Like, there's a laptop there controlling the music that you can turn on and off, and it simply doesn't do anything other than make you suspicious.

Has it been said if the summer bonus episode is free for people who have all of the content up until now or?
I don't believe they've said anything about how it will be made available, and to who. The only thing that I'd say is a lock is that if you bought the season pass, you'll be getting it for free.

The thing is that you literally can't do anything to alter his route if you don't poison him. Like, there's a laptop there controlling the music that you can turn on and off, and it simply doesn't do anything other than make you suspicious.

You can't turn it on during his phone call to make him go somewhere else (like with the masseur and the TV)?

Moff

it's really a simple elusive
I didn't play the first one but 2 and 3 had a lot of dialogue, many different guard positions all along a quite long way the targed walked through
now 4 really is simply a very small area and the target stays there

as I said earlier, I don't really mind, I welcome how unpredictable the elusives are. I want different kinds of elusives and this was the simple one. there will be many cool ideas in future elusives so I dont worry
(like the leaked one with twins and you have to kill the right one, otherwise it fails)

Man, I really screwed up the Elusive Target last night. I only got the game a few weeks ago, but that's no excuse. Most of my other hits have been pretty clean, but this one was just a mess.

I'm ashamed.

Crap, I totally didn't realize the 4th elusive target was put up. How much longer is that live?

Should have about 5 hours left, roughly.

Managed to SA this one, though I'm not really impressed with it overall. Seems very limited.

Ended up using poison on his drink and killed him in the bathroom. Made me lol that he walked all the way from the gardens to the bathroom by the kitchen and then threw up in the bin to the right of the toilet.

Should have about 5 hours left, roughly.

Managed to SA this one, though I'm not really impressed with it overall. Seems very limited.

Ended up using poison on his drink and killed him in the bathroom. Made me lol that he walked all the way from the gardens to the bathroom by the kitchen and then threw up in the bin to the right of the toilet.

Yeah, I went the same way. Pretty funny that he did that at the end. I was like "uh, it's over there, man."

I used the survey to specifically mention how there is outright no incentive to use anything other than poison in elusive #4. I made the point that no one opportunity should be so manifestly better than anything else.

I may have singled out remote explosive duck silent assassin kills as an example.

Demoskinos

Filled out a survey I just got via e-mail. Told them all I ike and dislike about the game :D

The Hitman Twitter account is another great way to reach them. Anytime I've tweeted at them they almost always respond. Might take a few hours for them to see it but they respond.

ev0

Is there even an outfit that lets you turn off the music on the laptop without getting noticed?
I tried Helmut, Crew, Security, Bodyguard, Auction, Palace Staff and they all had the ! on it.
And even worse, turning it off doesnt even do anything.

This was such a weird elusive, with the design for SA being get the Auction Staff outfit asap and run downstairs and hope he didnt drink yet.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is there even an outfit that lets you turn off the music on the laptop without getting noticed?
I tried Helmut, Crew, Security, Bodyguard, Auction, Palace Staff and they all had the ! on it.
And even worse, turning it off doesnt even do anything.

This was such a weird elusive, with the design for SA being get the Auction Staff outfit asap and run downstairs and hope he didnt drink yet.

Someone mentioned earlier that this Elusive came with the review copies, so I can imagine that this one was pretty basic in design, compared to the other ones where they had more experience.

Failed my 2nd one... That was so dumb. I literally sat there waiting for something to happen for 15 minutes. Tried turning off the music, luring with coins, nothing worked. Ended up trying to set an explosive for him but guards killed me before I could get out. Really terrible design compared to all the others. I'm against resetting, so this was just impossible for me. Didn't know to bring a sniper, or any other better method to kill him.

It would be cool to have a funny reward for players failing all the Elusive missions.

Chicken Suit??

latest

Failed my 2nd one... That was so dumb. I literally sat there waiting for something to happen for 15 minutes. Tried turning off the music, luring with coins, nothing worked. Ended up trying to set an explosive for him but guards killed me before I could get out. Really terrible design compared to all the others. I'm against resetting, so this was just impossible for me. Didn't know to bring a sniper, or any other better method to kill him.
I was the same... couldn't figure out a solution once inside. but all I did was hide behind some bushes, shoot him in the head from 20 feet away with my silenced pistol, then sneak out to the helicopter.

oh, also, I was dressed as Helmut by that point to get into the party.. hah!

Neverfade

Is there a discernible advantage to using a garrote over just snapping a neck?

Edit: hooray for reading descriptions -- i guess the advantage is saving a button press for moving the body.

NIN90

Did they break Instinct mode with the latest updates? Nothing's highlighted when I go into Istinct mode and the time doesn't slow down either. Instinct is set to ON in the options menu.

Edit: hooray for reading descriptions -- i guess the advantage is saving a button press for moving the body.
It's also faster than subduing then neck snapping, but yeah, going straight into drag is a big advantage. I wish the 'drag' feature was an instant button press rather than the hold button style, it can be finicky and annoying at a time when it can be a literal matter of life and death.

Also, neck snaps make a small noise that can cause nearby people to investigate.

Did they break Instinct mode with the latest updates? Nothing's highlighted when I go into Istinct mode and the time doesn't slow down either. Instinct is set to ON in the options menu.

I haven't seen any differences on the PC version.

Moff

the elusive targets are never marked red if that is was you are missing

garrote is faster, which can be an advantage in a few situations
but yeah, most of the time I don't think garrote is worth the item slot.

Bebpo

Banned
the elusive targets are never marked red if that is was you are missing.

You know, I don't know how I feel about this. I mean in every other mission type targets are marked. Also I spent like half my time with this elusive walking around every floor of the entire mansion just looking for him which was kind of eh.

You know, I don't know how I feel about this. I mean in every other mission type targets are marked. Also I spent like have my time with this elusive walking around every floor of the entire mansion just looking for him which was kind of eh.

Well the whole point of the elusive targets is that they're meant to be a challenge, which also means they're hard to find.

And if you would've payed attention to the mission briefing you would've known that he's in the palace gardens.

Bebpo

Banned
There's no challenge in walking around trying to locate the target though. If that was a challenge escalations wouldn't have the target marked either since they are challenge missions.

It just adds extra time trying to find the target in the first place. It's not a big deal but otoh I don't really see much of a point in not just making them red outline like everyone else.

Jintor

it's also so you can't distinguish them out of a crowd through walls or something, or have to be really sure of your shot when sniping.

ZeroX03

Banned
You know, I don't know how I feel about this. I mean in every other mission type targets are marked. Also I spent like half my time with this elusive walking around every floor of the entire mansion just looking for him which was kind of eh.

"Elusive"

They're supposed to be hard to find. And once if you do find them, if you run off to snipe or try and set an explosion from far away you've really got to commit.

If you are having trouble finding elusive targets be sure to watch the briefing video / trailer. Each one has 2-3 screenshots of exactly where they will be as part of their route.

Imagine trailing someone through the crowds in Marrakesh without red outlines to help (that's got to be an elusive at some point) and then ask yourself if that doesn't feel at least a bit thrilling.

Top Bottom