• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Didn't one of the old games have knockout handkerchiefs?

It would have to be single-use, but there's your nonlethal garrote.

Yep it was chloroform, think it was either 2 or contracts.

But it was actually really, painfully slow, so not that different from subduing someone in modern games.

I haven't been reading too much, but are the summer bonus episodes or whatever going to have a mastery rank? If so, 2 seperate ones, or level 20 between the 2? I really like unlocking extra stuff, even if it is stuff I don't use lol.

MUnited83

For you.
I haven't been reading too much, but are the summer bonus episodes or whatever going to have a mastery rank? If so, 2 seperate ones, or level 20 between the 2? I really like unlocking extra stuff, even if it is stuff I don't use lol.

They have their own set of challenges and opportunities so i'd say yes.

I feel like it was mentioned somewhere that the bonus episode has unlocks. As usual, I can't find where I first saw this.

And another escalation was stealth-released yesterday! Now we're killing gardeners.

MUnited83

For you.
So does the ICA Facility level or am I wrong? It doesn't have a mastery level.
To be fair, those are merely introductory tutorial levels and little else.
I feel like it was mentioned somewhere that the bonus episode has unlocks. As usual, I can't find where I first saw this.

And another escalation was stealth-released yesterday! Now we're killing gardeners.

Also comes with a nice new complication i don't think has ever been done before.

Bebpo

Banned
It's a bit strange they're skipping Paris at night since we've seen images of Paris at night. Then again with like THIRTEEN ESCALATIONS and 2 elusives already, I think Paris definitely has enough content already.

Also comes with a nice new complication i don't think has ever been done before.

Rapid Elimination Streak was introduced with the sniper rifle escalation (you may not recognize it because the graphic was changed to be non-location-specific).

Of course, that complication didn't really matter when you were using a sniper rifle.

MUnited83

For you.
Rapid Elimination Streak was introduced with the sniper rifle escalation (you may not recognize it because the graphic was changed to be non-location-specific).

Of course, that complication didn't really matter when you were using a sniper rifle.

Oh yeah! wasn't recalling that one because it was so... inconsequential...

I finished the new escalation, but my score completely tanked for some unknown reason.

I knock out the guard in the hallway and leave him there so that I can come back later and use him as the chain between the gardener and the golf coach. However, doing it this way, I get "Body Found" shortly after I kill him and I lose my Never Spotted and No Bodies Found bonuses, for no apparent reason.

I feel like the golf coach being next door throwing up while I do this might be causing some kind of bug.

By the way, if you go back to the sniper rifle escalation, you will see that the "Wild Card" complication has been retroactively added in to explicitly point out that level 4 only changes existing conditions and doesn't add new ones. I'm hoping we will soon see some more drastic Wild Cards that flip the whole mission on its head.

PaulLFC

Debating whether to pick this up for 20% off at GMG now on PC or wait to see if it's in the Steam summer sale.

I have a feeling it probably won't go on sale at all, and if it does, likely not for more than 25%.

Are the PS4 added missions worth paying extra for over just getting it on PC (difference is about £10)?

Arkanius

Debating whether to pick this up for 20% off at GMG now on PC or wait to see if it's in the Steam summer sale.

I have a feeling it probably won't go on sale at all, and if it does, likely not for more than 25%.

Are the PS4 added missions worth paying extra for over just getting it on PC (difference is about £10)?

I bought the first episode on Steam and I'm loving Paris. Definitely buying the rest of the episodes if there is a sale and buying anyway if there isn't.

My opinion is that there might be no sale.

The Sarajevo Six missions are like replayable elusive targets with added challenges.

You are not missing anything essential but they are great for reaching the mastery level quicker.

Wow I'm an idiot. This entire time I read the Summer Update's release date as June 19th, so here I am on the 19th just waiting until I re-read the announcement. lol. I thought a Sunday release was weird but I waved it off because it was more Hitman.

Oh well, I'll be back for the next Elusive I guess.

pupcoffee

I finally got around to playing Marrakesh and had a great time. To me it's on the same level as Paris.

The highlight for me was
randomly turning on a TV and hearing an NPC start shouting as the TV's noise had interrupted his conversation. Because of that he left the room. Was a great detail to discover unintentionally.

Palpable

Is the bug that randomly kills targets you subdue still present? I recall subduing people in the first two episodes (Paris, Sapienza) and them dying as soon as the subdue was done.

The Stealth Fox

Wow I'm an idiot. This entire time I read the Summer Update's release date as June 19th, so here I am on the 19th just waiting until I re-read the announcement. lol. I thought a Sunday release was weird but I waved it off because it was more Hitman.

Oh well, I'll be back for the next Elusive I guess.
I did the same thing. Is there any news on when the next new location is going to be released?

Moff

I did the same thing. Is there any news on when the next new location is going to be released?

I don't expect them to show anything before the release of the summer episode
after or with that we will probably get a trailer for the second half of the season with the date for episode 4

PaulLFC

I bought the first episode on Steam and I'm loving Paris. Definitely buying the rest of the episodes if there is a sale and buying anyway if there isn't.

Mine too - I ended up buying the first episode myself today, while it was 20% off at GMG - going to buy the Upgrade pack if I like the Intro.

The Sarajevo Six missions are like replayable elusive targets with added challenges.

You are not missing anything essential but they are great for reaching the mastery level quicker.
Thanks - in the end I decided to go with PC as it was quite a bit cheaper with GMG's 20% off voucher. The PS4 extras sound like "nice to have"s, but not essential, which is fine with me. Maybe they'll eventually release them as paid DLC on the other platforms down the line.

MUnited83

For you.

Considering how Square Enix handled Life is Strange: likely a good discount on the intro pack, and very small or non existent one for the rest.

Bought the game and completed the first missions + Paris. Such a huge improvement over Absolution, I'm already in love. My main criticisms come down to the performance (can't even play on Direct 3D 12) and the always online requirement. Adds a lot of unnecessary tension to Escalations.

Arkanius

And bought the upgrade pack at GMG for 32€

I reached level 20 in Paris. God damn such fun there was that episode. Can't wait to test Sapienza and Marrakesh

Considering how Square Enix handled Life is Strange: likely a good discount on the intro pack, and very small or non existent one for the rest.

I wonder like a lot of episodic games if they will consider giving the first episode away for free, possibly as part of ps+. I think a lot of people after playing would buy additional episodes, especially those in the "i'm not gonna buy episodic b.s. / i'll wait until final release" crowd.

And bought the upgrade pack at GMG for 32€

I reached level 20 in Paris. God damn such fun there was that episode. Can't wait to test Sapienza and Marrakesh

Congrats! You are gonna love Sapienza. One of the best levels of all time.

Arkanius

Just did my Sapienza Sillent Assassin run. It was easy, I really need to disable opportunities or else it gets trivialized (now that I know how to access them). Managed to get level 8 in the first run.

But man, I can't even imagine how I will do Silent Assassin, Suit Only

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder like a lot of episodic games if they will consider giving the first episode away for free, possibly as part of ps+. I think a lot of people after playing would buy additional episodes, especially those in the "i'm not gonna buy episodic b.s. / i'll wait until final release" crowd.

This is actually a very good idea. I think many Gaffers who got into the game have been drawn to purchase the extra episodes, precisely because of how good they are.

Finally got to Marrakesh level 20. It was honestly not that bad once you make sure to make every run count for as much XP as possible (although strangely enough combining Honeycomb and Cherry Blossom is worth a ton of XP, while Down the Rabbit Hole is worth almost nothing).

Getting the achievement for getting all the opportunities was much cleaner this time than in Sapienza - I didn't have to redo anything I previously did. Still, wasted a lot of time due to the Down the Rabbit Hole bug - where Strandberg gets stuck on his route if you reload at any time during it.

These runs got me to learn some of the nuances of the level, like finding the battle axe, learning the intern's route, and hearing a lot of the dialogue that I was previously missing. Is there any sensible, clean way to get the intern alone outside of the consulate or poison his water inside the consulate?

But man, I can't even imagine how I will do Silent Assassin, Suit Only

There's an amazing journey of discovery ahead of you for this level. Enjoy it.

Jintor

man i still haven't even found the market intern in marrakesh. not that i've played for a week or so, but still.

By the way, the square-enix interview session on Giant Bomb After Dark during E3 was really good. I'd toss a link up but I'm at work right now.

Moff

man i still haven't even found the market intern in marrakesh. not that i've played for a week or so, but still.

he is walking around the market, there aren't that many routes so he is not hard to find
after like 5 to 10 minutes he will enter the embassy through the main gate

By the way, the square-enix interview session on Giant Bomb After Dark during E3 was really good. I'd toss a link up but I'm at work right now.

The intern walks around the shops near where 47 starts out before making his way through the crowds over to the consulate building. If you take a right and wait by the fortune teller i'm pretty sure he passes by him within a minute of the start of the level.

As far as grabbing him before the consulate building goes, he pauses briefly near the mouth of an alley at which point you can lure him with a couple coins (there may be a more elegant solution) into the alley and subdue and hide his body.

PaulLFC

So I bought the intro pack and I enjoyed what I played of the training (specifically challenges in free training and trying out the multiple ways to complete the mission) so much I ended up buying the upgrade before even playing Paris. The variety of challenges and way to complete the mission was enough for me to know I'd enjoy the rest of the game.

In my opinion they should really just put the training and free training out as a free demo, it would get some of those who might be on the fence about committing to a purchase like I was initially to try it.

Arkanius

So I bought the intro pack and I enjoyed what I played of the training (specifically challenges in free training and trying out the multiple ways to complete the mission) so much I ended up buying the upgrade before even playing Paris. The variety of challenges and way to complete the mission was enough for me to know I'd enjoy the rest of the game.

In my opinion they should really just put the training and free training out as a free demo, it would get some of those who might be on the fence about committing to a purchase like I was initially to try it.

Sort of, I wasn't particularly impressed with the training mission (the scope was very small for both missions), but Paris was another level of impressed.

Moff

when I played the training beta I knew the game would be fantastic, but I always believed in IO and trusted their communication since Absolution

but it was really paris that blew me away and made clear this was peak hitman.

but at this point, are there really still doubters out there? I think most who have not bought, yet simply don't like to play games episodically.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Paris free at some point this year. It's really good at selling you on the concept. Hardcore fans are never the tough gets, it's people who won't commit money to try things.

MUnited83

For you.
It seems the past elusive targets were available for a bit today as featured contracts.

ab0436bfe5b3475f8c86d68fa72a7ba0b8c3c0a3.png

It's probably a glitch, and the servers are down for maintenance so it will probably be fixed when they're up again.

Lima

So do we know if we are getting a new episode some time soon?

Or is it only the summer missions we are getting for a bit?

Yup only thing known so far is the summer bonus stuff on July 19th.

Probably get between 1-3 new elusive targets in the meantime I would bet. I expect the next proper episode in August.

Moff

It seems the past elusive targets were available for a bit today as featured contracts.

ab0436bfe5b3475f8c86d68fa72a7ba0b8c3c0a3.png

It's probably a glitch, and the servers are down for maintenance so it will probably be fixed when they're up again.

hmm, I hope not, that would be a neat compromise

Top Bottom