• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Wait what ?

So the bonus episode is not free if you bought all so far released episodes separately.

This is fucking bullshit!
Wow, absolutely fucking disgusting...They're gonna make me buy two maps that I've already bought? Fuck off.

Whats the point of even calling iy a bonus episode if you're gonna charge for it?

Ludens

Banned
This Hitman is the worst Hitman at all.
First online only requirement, than a lot of bugs, usually fixed very late. And now SE is charging for the additional episode, even if you bought all packs.
I have the full experience, but they are very greedy, I honestly hope a season 2 won't be a thing. If they need to do another Hitman, release it when is ready, I don't need a fake multiplayer experience based on leaderboards if I need to stay connected.
At this point I totally expect SE charging for additional contracts soon or later, maybe the exclusive PS4 will be a paid content.

First online only requirement, than a lot of bugs, usually fixed very late. And now SE is charging for the additional episode, even if you bought all packs.

That isn't true. People haven't bought all the packs. They have only released half of them for now!

ymgve

The suitcase from the alpha video looks really overpowered, especially if they're not searching it when you're being frisked. Guess it's not been reintroduced yet due to it being hard to balance.

CHC

This game is cool but THE VOICES. Oh my god.

Especially on the heels of the other games, which had amazing (but goofy) international accents. Why does everyone sound like an mid-20s American from Hollywood? Really spoils the atmosphere....

MMaRsu

I'm not affected, but I don't like that they make the extra epsiode only available for the ones who purchased the full experience/upgrade. That's not fine.
They should make it free for everybody who has bought every episode so far.

Wtf? This is a thing?

Lima

This game is cool but THE VOICES. Oh my god.

Especially on the heels of the other games, which had amazing (but goofy) international accents. Why does everyone sound like an mid-20s American from Hollywood? Really spoils the atmosphere....

And the use the same voices for all episodes so far which is even more annoying.

Meneses

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy this extra thing.

And given the lower quality of the latest episode, i'll wait a bit before deciding on the new real episode (whenever that comes out).

MUnited83

For you.
I'd wait see how their pricing is, they might make the remaining episodes cheaper to make up for it.

I have the full experience, but they are very greedy, I honestly hope a season 2 won't be a thing. If they need to do another Hitman, release it when is ready, I don't need a fake multiplayer experience based on leaderboards if I need to stay connected.
At this point I totally expect SE charging for additional contracts soon or later, maybe the exclusive PS4 will be a paid content.
It's the best Hitman so far I hope season 2 is a thing. The game is absolutely glorious and i'd hope they release new stuff yearly.

MMaRsu

Yeah, isn't it great how they are punishing the people who are actually embracing their new episodic release strategy. I fucking love this game but this is really putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Man.. this shit just pisses me off something bad. Wtf is it with the gall of these developers? Fkn hell man.

So wait. I bought the Intro pack, do I get the Summer episode or does everyone get it but some have to pay or is it exclusive. Seems a little cloudy.

Lima

So wait. I bought the Intro pack, do I get the Summer episode or does everyone get it but some have to pay or is it exclusive. Seems a little cloudy.

You have to pay for it if you don't have either the full experience or upgrade pack but it is not exclusive. If it were I would demand a refund and say fuck this game.

MMaRsu

You have to pay for it if you don't have either the full experience or upgrade pack but it is not exclusive. If it were I would demand a refund and say fuck this game.

If this was clear on release day I would have bought the full experience.

Fuck this bullshit.

ddf4a1eb7679a39aab9646f062d1814fb535247d_1_690x388.png

85096bee67004582da02f895080cfcd77cc12f8a_1_690x388.png

baab9fb5c10ec58f187329816d4d9d0765f9a31b_1_690x388.png

64e9800ea88d1276b43c86b18b35907aca383a49_1_690x388.png

Am I missing something here? Where'd all that cool shit come from? o_O

KingKong

It would be nice if it was free, but I don't see the huge drama that you don't get a bonus 'episode' for free if you're buying episodes one at a time. Unless you somehow think you didn't get your 10 dollars worth out of each one

people are acting like they're being punished but its more like the other side is being rewarded. this thing will probably cost like 5 bucks so it wont be a big deal anyway

MMaRsu

It would be nice if it was free, but I don't see the huge drama that you don't get a bonus 'episode' for free if you're buying episodes one at a time. Unless you somehow think you didn't get your 10 dollars worth out of each one

people are acting like they're being punished but its more like the other side is being rewarded. this thing will probably cost like 5 bucks so it wont be a big deal anyway

Ehh this wasnt known during the initial release and at that time I opted for the intro pack and just kept buying them seperately. I am supporting them just as much as someone who buys the full pack.

So no, the other side is not being 'rewarded'. The people who are supporting their episodic release structure are being punished.

Why would you even defend this rofl.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyhow, it should be really simple. If you own the episode of a map where the night version is later released, the night version should become available. So if this has Sapienza and Marrakesh nights, then people who only own ep1 & 2 should only get night Sapienza and not Marrakesh and vice-versa.

Why they're not doing that? Eh, idk just fucked up corporate politics and all that. I would've bought the upgrade pack after ep1, but I figured why pay for the whole thing now when I can just buy episodic since they were offering it. They never claimed there was any downside to it. Now $35 later after owning ep1-3, the upgrade pack is still $50 and I'm not paying $85 for the game.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
You have to buy the summer bonus thing? I thought that was the point of doing episodic locations. I'm not buying the same location again.

As much as I like it this actually has me questioning if I want the rest of the game now. If they would've made this clear at the start I would've bought the upgrade pack or full experience. I feel like they've done me here.

MMaRsu

Anyhow, it should be really simple. If you own the episode of a map where the night version is later released, the night version should become available. So if this has Sapienza and Marrakesh nights, then people who only own ep1 & 2 should only get night Sapienza and not Marrakesh and vice-versa.

Why they're not doing that? Eh, idk just fucked up corporate politics and all that. I would've bought the upgrade pack after ep1, but I figured why pay for the whole thing now when I can just buy episodic since they were offering it. They never claimed there was any downside to it. Now $35 later after owning ep1-3, the upgrade pack is still $50 and I'm not paying $85 for the game.

Exactly, im in the same position. I wasnt going to buy the full pack after spending money on Sapienza, like you said they never claimed there was any negatives to buying the packs seperately.

Bebpo

Banned
tbf, this doesn't detract from my opinion of the game itself. It's an amazing game, and every location is going to be absolutely worth the money at this rate. I'll still be there day 1 for every ep.
Just annoyed at the bs with charging for the night versions only for people buying episodic (who are already paying $5 more than the people who bought the entire game at once).

If they're not going to make the summer pack free to people who own the locations in it, then all they need to do is make the upgrade pack discount by $10 for every episode you own. I'd be fine paying $30 to upgrade for $65 total since I know the game is great now and am willing to put the full cash down on it.

MUnited83

For you.

Yeah, giving the night version if you already own the episode that had the map initially seems like the logical step to make.

If they are indeed charging for this I really really hope they're adjusting the pricing as to be cheaper and on par with what was expected before. If not, they got a shitstorm coming.

KingKong

Ehh this wasnt known during the initial release and at that time I opted for the intro pack and just kept buying them seperately. I am supporting them just as much as someone who buys the full pack.

So no, the other side is not being 'rewarded'. The people who are supporting their episodic release structure are being punished.

Why would you even defend this rofl.

punished how?

They put in a lot of work, well worth the 10 bucks or whatever per location. This episode is clearly a large amount of work too, so why would they give it away for free? They've already been supporting each map with extra contracts.

I think you guys are just missing the point. They planned on making 6 episodes. Clearly they have the resources to do a mini episode #7 while they're working on the other 3. If you bought the upgrade pack, you own the whole game so you get it free. If you didn't... you don't

I didn't realize the upgrade price doesnt get adjusted, that seems like an oversight

Bebpo

Banned
punished how?

They put in a lot of work, well worth the 10 bucks or whatever per location. This episode is clearly a large amount of work too, so why would they give it away for free? They've already been supporting each map with extra contracts.

I think you guys are just missing the point. They planned on making 6 episodes. Clearly they have the resources to do a mini episode #7 while they're working on the other 3. If you bought the upgrade pack, you own the whole game so you get it free. If you didn't... you don't

Well on the flip-side Marrakesh is still missing a lot of content. It's been almost a month and there's still just 1 escalation and the main two target mission and that's it. If there was going to be a summer break before the final 3 maps in the season, I was expecting them to be using it to pump lots of content into Marrakesh (and even Sapienza could use some more escalations). They're both great maps full of possibilities and they just need more missions in them. The night missions in a way are that, they are additional content for Marrakesh and Sapienza; both maps that are lacking compared to Paris in content.

...but now they're a separate charged event. Just rubs the wrong way.

MMaRsu

punished how?

I didn't realize the upgrade price doesnt get adjusted, that seems like an oversight

Like I said they never said you would be negatively impacted by buying the episodes seperately.

Yet here I am. A big fan of this game getting the finger because I didnt plunk down 60 at one time.

Didnt they say you get the same content of you purchase it seperately or not? Just seems like a fu to seperate pack buyers.

As much as I love the game, this is really shitty. I assumed it would just be updates to the maps giving our original purchase more value but now they want to pay for us. We gotta complain on Twitter or something. Their communication has been terrible. Especially since me and a friend tweeted asking if it would be free last week and we were ignored.

punished how?

But they are giving it away for free... just not to everyone. This is a shitty thing to do.

This is actually is the point. We were told 6 episodes and a total of $65 vs $60 for buying full experience or first episode + upgrade pack. Now halfway though the season there is a "bonus" episode. Not sure what the price will be and really it's irrelevant. End of day it's a bait & switch and just plain shady business to make the game episodic and then give preferential treatment to people who paid more upfront.

Didnt they say you get the same content of you purchase it seperately or not? Just seems like a fu to seperate pack buyers.

Yes, as recently as an interview at E3. Toren said it was the same. But guess what it's not. They are greedy fucks who didn't have enough money to make the game and wanted you to give them all your money upfront in exchange for early access. And this is coming from someone who loves the game. Even if I had the full experience / upgrade pack or it was only $1 for the bonus episode I would still be pissed off at what they are doing.

Moff

they know exactly they got a shitstorm incoming which is why they haven't been transparent about this, maybe the decision hasn't even been made, yet, and they are still weighing their options

Like I said they never said you would be negatively impacted by buying the episodes seperately.

Yet here I am. A big fan of this game getting the finger because I didnt plunk down 60 at one time.

Is it possible that the situation has changed since the time when they announced all this stuff?

To your point about being punished, I can see why you might be irate, they've not taken anything away from you and you've gotten exactly what you paid for. From my perspective as someone that bought the full experience I feel a bit like they've rewarded me for plonking down my money day 1.

MMaRsu

So the people who paid more than you, for the same amount of content arent being 'rewarded'. How is that not taking something away?

And yeah they said apparantly at E3 that people who buy the full experience or seperate packs you get the same amount of content.

So the people who paid more than you, for the same amount of content arent being 'rewarded'. How is that not taking something away?

Because paying upfront is what I'm getting rewarded for, it's not new that if you pay for single pieces of DLC rather than a season pass it'll cost more, the prices weren't a secret were they? If I'd paid the money and the later episodes are terrible then that's what balances out the reward side of things, I'm taking a risk.

I would agree if episodes were DLC but they aren't. It's been marketed as an episodic game. The episodes aren't DLC -- they are the game split into parts.

I guess you could consider the bonus episode DLC perhaps, but if you look at it that way it's still shitty because for people buying episodically instead of getting the next episode there is DLC they can buy in place of the next episode. Typically DLC comes out AFTER the full game.

Listen I love the game and have defended it's faults almost every step of the way but I just don't see how people are defending this business practice. I can get being happy you don't have to pay for this DLC / bonus episode but I wouldn't be defending the company like some people are (more so on Reddit than this thread).

From my perspective as someone that bought the full experience I feel a bit like they've rewarded me for plonking down my money day 1.

Except that's not true at all.

You can buy the full experience and upgrade pack today or next month and you'll still receive bonus episode for free.

Meanwhile those of us who were also there day 1 and bought everything so far separately, we get fucked extra hard. We already paid more than half (35$/€) and now they want even more....

It seems pretty clear that they want to punish us hard, make an example out of us.

You can buy the full experience and upgrade pack today or next month and you'll still receive bonus episode for free.

Meanwhile those of us who were also there day 1 and bought everything so far separately, we get fucked extra hard. We already paid more than half (35$/€) and now they want even more....

It seems pretty clear that they want to punish us hard, make an example out of us.

I can guarantee that they don't want to "make an example" out of you. You're not getting thrown in the stocks.

NIN90

Literally nailing you to a cross.

Top Bottom