• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jintor

this is pretty much about phrasing.

if they had said the bonus episode was for a bonus people who had bought-in early (the "early access" people or whatever) then that would probably have been clear that, oh yeah, it's a bonus. For the people who entrusted us before we had real proof that we knew what we were doing.

But since they just said it was a 'bonus' and their messenging sucks ass, peeps be getting pitchforks and whatnot.

This is bullshit, and I don't understand how anyone can defend it. It took them long enough to scrape back goodwill after the shitty launch servers, now episodic buyers (including myself) only get the bonus missions if we pay more... even though we're already paying more?

tanuki

Having bought all the episodes seperately until now, this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not going to bother buying the rest of the Hitman levels. I can wait for the physical/digital full game to drop in price in two years and play the full game then. Really feels like they're screwing people who bought into their episodic content release model.

Yeah this is incredibly stupid. I mean we already own the original versions of the map ffs.

Is there an option to buy the rest of the game if you already bought each level separately to get these new missions?

Someone posted this screenshot on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/drXRU3h

So maybe this whole fiasco is another case of IO just being a communication / PR nightmare. Could be it's free for everyone and an error of omission where they just forgot to mention the people who are just buying each episode as it is released. Who knows at this point.

Someone posted this screenshot on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/drXRU3h

So maybe this whole fiasco is another case of IO just being a communication / PR nightmare. Could be it's free for everyone and an error of omission where they just forgot to mention the people who are just buying each episode as it is released. Who knows at this point.
that's good.

I just tweeted hitman/IO that I wouldn't buy another episode if these were locked.

It does seem like twitter is a good way of reaching out and actually making companies change their mind.

Get tweeting!

For my fellow PS4 users, are the Marrakesh Sarejevo Six guy challenges glitched for you? I've done the APC turret kill at least 7 times now and no challenge. Now, my challenges are already glitched to begin with so I'm not sure what the deal is here.

For my fellow PS4 users, are the Marrakesh Sarejevo Six guy challenges glitched for you? I've done the APC turret kill at least 7 times now and no challenge. Now, my challenges are already glitched to begin with so I'm not sure what the deal is here.

Yeah I heard it's glitched, haven't tried it myself though.

Yeah I heard it's glitched, haven't tried it myself though.

Great. Thanks. I really love this game but these challenge glitches really annoy me. The way mine works is when I get a challenge, it doesn't pop right away. I have to wait for my next run through for any of them to pop up which is incredibly annoying. Most of the time I'll look for an easy 1 kill user made contract to run through and get them to pop. It sucks not knowing if I even got them at all while playing. I have to waste time fucking around with that. I've only seen like 2 other people mention the same issue so I doubt it's anything that will ever get fixed.

I know in a stream a couple weeks ago someone repeatedly asked about the challenge not unlocking and they said something along the lines that they are aware of the issue but no timetable on when it will be fixed. It will eventually get patched like they did with the issue with the challenge for the 2nd Sarajevo target (killing with stalactite. My guess would be with the next episode's release... and then the new Sarajevo Six target will likely have a glitched challenge as well ;)

Yeah, I have every single challenge done on every map except for that one, the 5 Elusive Challenges whatever they are, and SASO in Paris, which I assume is glitched, at least for me because I've done it I don't know how many times now and it just will not pop so...

I know it ruins the concept but it would be nice if all the elusive targets were reopened at the end of the season for anyone trying to get them all.

It won't happen but if I was Toren, I'd do it.

I wish you could use location specific suits in other locations too. Italian suit in Marrakesh would look nice. Or the ICA training suit for example got that classic modern assassin look.

MMaRsu

It's a fucking game man. And Hitman games usually don't make too much sense anyway.

I know its a game, especially why you should be able to wear all suits all the time.

????
Lol I think you misunderstood my post, I was agreeing that it doesnt make any sense you cant use them lol

Got drunk and played around with this with some friends this weekend. This game is hilarious at parties, passing the controller around trying to figure things out. In Sapienza, we wanted to get inside the mansion with our guns but the guard wanted to frisk us, so we went up to the balcony while the brother was there yelling at his sister and blew him sky high with the land mine, caused a scene that made the guard leave his post and just walked right in without getting frisked.

This is a real relief to play after what happened with Absolution.

Got the game today, was having a good time until I came across a shitty bug where I kill Novikov in the bathroom in Paris, and somehow the crime magically gets noticed anyway. Apparently this has been an issue since launch, and yet they haven't patched it.

MUnited83

For you.
Got the game today, was having a good time until I came across a shitty bug where I kill Novikov in the bathroom in Paris, and somehow the crime magically gets noticed anyway. Apparently this has been an issue since launch, and yet they haven't patched it.

It has been patched. It just has been brought back by other patches, and the bug doesn't behave as it did before.

Ozium

New ET is today?

yeah

At 14:00 CEST / 05:00 PDT on Friday 1st July, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Make sure you’re ready, because The Gunrunner will only be in Marrakesh for 72 hours and there won’t be any second chances.

6 hours from now

TheKeyPit

Banned
yeah

At 14:00 CEST / 05:00 PDT on Friday 1st July, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Make sure you’re ready, because The Gunrunner will only be in Marrakesh for 72 hours and there won’t be any second chances.

6 hours from now

I'm ready.

Mr. Tibbs

Is there any info on when the next episode is releasing? Are IO operating on a monthly schedule and have just slightly delayed 4, or am I just mistakenly assuming that was the plan?

xviper

any news on episode 4 yet ? i bought the Full experience pack, does that include all 7 episodes to come ?? i also heard there will be seasons, has that been confirmed ?

any news on episode 4 yet ? i bought the Full experience pack, does that include all 7 episodes to come ?? i also heard there will be seasons, has that been confirmed ?

I wouldn't expect episodes 4-5-6 until after Summer.
Yeah, it should include everything.
There are rumors of sessions, but that's it, It will depend of the success of the first season, like every game ever. Also, I wouldn't expect a second season anytime soon, just because it's called "season" it doesn't mean video games are as easy to produce as a tv show.

thenexus6

I've basically put no time into the newest level. I am ashamed with myself, still from the few hours I put it its definitely the weakest of the three so far.

BibiMaghoo

I find it pretty mad to be honest how so many people can expect to be given content that was not announced as part of the deal for nothing. The launch information and pricing was based on the announced content. To complain because there is extra content that you didn't account for the possibility of when working out you only lost a fiver is just cheap and your own fault frankly.

They don't have any onus to declare every piece of content that they will make for the game before it comes out, nor to give unannounced stuff to you for free. I have never seen such a thing argued or expected for any game.

"I want to only buy pieces of the game that interest me, but this interests me and I should have it for free"

That is incredibly childish. I don't think they should charge for it, but only because it's not a new map.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I find it pretty mad to be honest how so many people can expect to be given content that was not announced as part of the deal for nothing. The launch information and pricing was based on the announced content. To complain because there is extra content that you didn't account for the possibility of when working out you only lost a fiver is just cheap and your own fault frankly.

They don't have any onus to declare every piece of content that they will make for the game before it comes out, nor to give unannounced stuff to you for free. I have never seen such a thing argued or expected for any game.

"I want to only buy pieces of the game that interest me, but this interests me and I should have it for free"

That is incredibly childish. I don't think they should charge for it, but only because it's not a new map.

That's all this is about. People who own Intro + Sapienza + Marrakesh have to pay for it.

ZeroX03

Banned

You mean the content that was sort of announced, but vaguely, and then had mention removed of, while they also changed the pricing format? Yeah, it's the consumer's fault that their messaging and handling of this content. If it did or didn't exist. And their official Twitter wouldn't give a proper answer when pushed, when this content was clearly planned for. They still won't reply to questions about it. But yes, fuck the people who didn't understand bizarre, constantly changing plans and unresponsive communication. It's all their fault.

MMaRsu

Okay?

Sorry for wanting the same stuff that people with a season pass have paid for. People who buy each episode as a standalone ( because why the hell buy the season pass now as it doesnt take into account the episodes you've already bought ) pay even more.

ZeroX03

Banned
People are down to pay for more content outside of the season pass. If they keep putting out quality levels after the final three are down, I don't think anyone minds investing more. But this was always intended to be part of the full package, then they hid the details and sprung that it would be paid on episodic consumers. Probably paid. They won't even announce a price or answer questions about it.

The new location should be this month right?

No. This month is the bonus mission. August or later.

MMaRsu

People are down to pay for more content outside of the season pass. If they keep putting out quality levels after the final three are down, I don't think anyone minds investing more. But this was always intended to be part of the full package, then they hid the details and sprung that it would be paid on episodic consumers. Probably paid. They won't even announce a price or answer questions about it.

No. This month is the bonus mission. August or later.

Yup. Ive been tweeting @HITMAN asking if it will be paid or free content for people who have bought all packs so far, no answer back anytime.

MUnited83

For you.

I'd agree with your point if the full experience buyers didn't get it for free. If it was a mission done after the whole season was out and everyone had to pay for it it would be one thing. But individual episode buyers having to pay at the very least 15$ or more than full experience buyers to get everything? Seems really unfair. It's not even a bonus for buying in early, anyone can buy the full experience now and be in a better position than individual episode buyers.
Well, if someone finds an easy way to do the elusive, post it here.
I don't wanna risk to burn those.

You can set a explosion somewhere in the parking garage (where no one is so nobody gets killed) so you can start target lockdown. Get a soldier disguise and follow the target, you will get a opportunity eventually.

Top Bottom