• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Well, if someone finds an easy way to do the elusive, post it here.
I don't wanna risk to burn those.

Sick MLG strats here:

I started in as the guard in Zaydan's Compound, I had the pale duck (i'm assuming the remote explosive duck is the same too) in my inventory, I ran out to the consulate, went in the main entrance and got the staff car keys, ran outside and down into the parking garage. The target was standing around the staff car in a circle of guards, I whipped the pale duck into the middle, walked into the storage room, blew it up, and quickly sneak-ran to the staff car.

TheKeyPit

Banned
ET #5:
I got the outfit from the bodyguard that walks behind the one vehicle and talks to himself. I then walked down to the evacuation tunnel and got rid of that one guard(*there is a locker here) that walks before door. Then I placed an explosive somehwere in the garage and triggered the evac. The target went down the tunnel with his two guards and I hid inside the locker(*). I waited for the target to go back. One guard walks in front of him. After that one and the target walked past the locker I got out and garroted the target.

Ludens

Banned
Sick MLG strats here:

I started in as the guard in Zaydan's Compound, I had the pale duck (i'm assuming the remote explosive duck is the same too) in my inventory, I ran out to the consulate, went in the main entrance and got the staff car keys, ran outside and down into the parking garage. The target was standing around the staff car in a circle of guards, I whipped the pale duck into the middle, walked into the storage room, blew it up, and quickly sneak-ran to the staff car.

Did the same except the whole army started shooting me, but I run away, who cares.

BibiMaghoo

That's all this is about. People who own Intro + Sapienza + Marrakesh have to pay for it.

From the responses that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone.

You mean the content that was sort of announced, but vaguely, and then had mention removed of, while they also changed the pricing format? Yeah, it's the consumer's fault that their messaging and handling of this content. If it did or didn't exist. And their official Twitter wouldn't give a proper answer when pushed, when this content was clearly planned for. They still won't reply to questions about it. But yes, fuck the people who didn't understand bizarre, constantly changing plans and unresponsive communication. It's all their fault.

The way they kept changing the structure for launch was a mess, for sure. It was only clear what they were doing very shortly before release. You were told though, that you could buy in part or fully upfront. The upfront was listed as 6 episodes. Another episode has appeared - if it can really be called that - and they are charging for it unless you paid upfront for season pass. The only people inconvenienced by this are people that assumed that was the only content that would release - is that a fair assumption? -and people that seemingly think it fairer to make everyone pay, rather than rewarding people who paid outright to begin with for unmade and unannounced content.

I'd agree with your point if the full experience buyers didn't get it for free. If it was a mission done after the whole season was out and everyone had to pay for it it would be one thing. But individual episode buyers having to pay at the very least 15$ or more than full experience buyers to get everything? Seems really unfair. It's not even a bonus for buying in early, anyone can buy the full experience now and be in a better position than individual episode buyers.

But it might not be everything? There may be another 4 random half assed episodes like this and they charge for them. The fault was in the assumption surely? I don't understand being aggrieved because people that paid upfront for content that doesn't exist got a bonus. That seems harsh no? Would it not be more harsh to charge them as well? They thought they paid for everything, but people that bought it in parts did not.

Okay?

Sorry for wanting the same stuff that people with a season pass have paid for. People who buy each episode as a standalone ( because why the hell buy the season pass now as it doesnt take into account the episodes you've already bought ) pay even more.

You are sorry for wanting what you didn't pay for upfront and others did. That is fine. It is weird, but it is fine. I can only say what I said above, assuming no other content would come and be charged for doesn't seem like a given, though I'll concede again the way they handled pre-launch was a mess.

As I said, it should be free, but not because people that paid in advance don't have to pay now, and not because it alters what you guessed would be the total cost for all the content they release. I have never seen such an argument placed on any game, only that content that wasn't in a season pass, should have been, which is what they did here.

Moff

hmm, another not great elusive

bugged out for me, too.
triggered the alarm and the target was stuck in the basement and never went back up, his bodyguards were in another place
then the ambassador ran through there with his entourage for a second time after a few minutes
whenever I threw something around he freaked out and ran around

I lost patience then I just shot him and the other soldier in the room in the head to finish it

is there anything to that interpol agent thing gameplaywise?

Holy shit, I got him with a suicide bomber. So what I did was
Started in the garage, I hurried to the underground tunnel, I took out the guard and took his uniform

It then became a cat and mouse game with the Pale Duck. I failed multiple times but eventually a soldier picked it up. Now I noticed he was adjacent to my target so I took a gamble. I went to the top of the parking garage and detonated the trigger. Target killed Proceeded to the exit outside the market with victory.

I also got the Absolution suit and the challenge for Elusives 1 despite failing The Prince, so go figure.

Failed it because I shot him in the head from 10ish yards with a silenced rifle and it literally just knocked him down. So I tried clearing the guards out until I could shoot him again and hour got killed. Pretty angry the headshot didn't just kill the dude.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
cleared the escape tunnel of guards
knocked out the security guard who checks the truck
blew up a car and triggered an evacuation
knocked out the guards following him down the tunnel (who leave a nice big gap between each other)
set him on fire

SA

cleared the escape tunnel of guards
knocked out the security guard who checks the truck
blew up a car and triggered an evacuation
knocked out the guards following him down the tunnel (who leave a nice big gap between each other)
set him on fire

SA

Nicely done. I did something similar but once I got down the tunnel the target ran between the two guards and while I managed to subdue the guard falling behind. I had to rush and assassinate the target and in just a split second the guard up ahead noticed and with that I lost 60K points along with my SA rating.
Assassination complete.

ZeroX03

Banned
The way they kept changing the structure for launch was a mess, for sure. It was only clear what they were doing very shortly before release. You were told though, that you could buy in part or fully upfront. The upfront was listed as 6 episodes. Another episode has appeared - if it can really be called that - and they are charging for it unless you paid upfront for season pass. The only people inconvenienced by this are people that assumed that was the only content that would release - is that a fair assumption? -and people that seemingly think it fairer to make everyone pay, rather than rewarding people who paid outright to begin with for unmade and unannounced content.

No. The upfront mentioned 7 episodes. Then they removed mention of the 7th episode. If you go back and search articles on Hitman, you will confusingly find that some mention 7 episodes with a mystery location, while others only mention 6. The assumption from people was that it was cancelled or was a mistake because they stopped mentioning. And when pressed on it they said nothing.

You keep talking like this wasn't planned content. It was, and was always intended to be part of the full package. People actually asked them to clarify the content, or if buying episodic would cost more and they refused to answer. They still refuse to answer.

This is content that was part of the original plan. People would not be mad about paying for it was actual new, unplanned content and separate from the season pass.

Stop blaming consumers for being screwed over by IO and SE's awful messaging and poor communication that is still happening.

If you even read the upgrade pack description they specifically state what content you get with no mention of the bonus episode. Six releases specifically stated. But they're getting the planned seventh free.
Purchase the HITMAN Upgrade Pack (episodes 2-6) to unlock access for all future locations, live content, Contracts Mode along with five PlayStation Exclusive contracts from The Sarajevo Six. Content will be available as six releases periodically throughout 2016, starting April 2016 including one PlayStation exclusive contract per location.

The evacuation does... weird stuff to Strandberg's routines.

I hung around in the tunnels for long enough, and he ran by with his entourage of guards twice. Going the same direction both times.

Silent assassin on elusive target #5:
Set off the evacuation without knocking out anyone in the tunnels. Once he's left alone in the room with two soldiers (and Strandberg has run by), I knock out and hide the soldier on the side towards the shoe shop. A bodyguard comes along to replace him, and I knock him out and hide him in the locker further away.

Finally I set off a remote mine out of sight in the tunnels on the other side, causing the target to run a little bit out of the room. While the soldiers continue to face the other way I garrote him and drag him to the nearest locker.

By the way, there was another stealth escalation release on Thursday. This one messes quite a bit with the normal map layout...

After a two elusive target fail streak, I got this one done pretty easily.
Snuck into the garage by jumping over the fence and going through the garage door, snuck behind the big APC that the gun deal was happening next to, picked up the two remote charges there, threw them, didn't kill him. He ran with his 3 or 4 guards down the exit tunnel, I followed and grabbed a shotgun off a nearby crate and just unloaded into all of them, dropped the gun and hauled ass the same way I came in. Done in about 10 minutes.

MUnited83

For you.
Holy shit, I got him with a suicide bomber. So what I did was
Started in the garage, I hurried to the underground tunnel, I took out the guard and took his uniform

It then became a cat and mouse game with the Pale Duck. I failed multiple times but eventually a soldier picked it up. Now I noticed he was adjacent to my target so I took a gamble. I went to the top of the parking garage and detonated the trigger. Target killed Proceeded to the exit outside the market with victory.

I also got the Absolution suit and the challenge for Elusives 1 despite failing The Prince, so go figure.
A question. When you failed the Prince, did you manage to kill him at least?

Hmm, how to do this without
triggering the evacuation

The Consulate is so damn well guarded, its impossible to get anywhere

More importantly,
he never actually goes anywhere otherwise
. I think you would have to settle down for the grind of dragging guards and soldiers away one by one.

Also, there's new soldier dialogue for this elusive target. One of them says that he "turned down Sigma." Having just come off Virtue's Last Reward... I'm not actually sure if "Sigma" is supposed to mean anything in this game.

I felt like this Elusive was way too easy and the newest Escalation was way too hard. But I guess after doing it, I appreciate the difficulty. Just took me forever to get it done.

With the new escalation in Marrakesh (The Lupei Sensitivity) where do they get these names from anyway?
I basically just started out as a janitor and took the large target rooms full of people out 1 or 2 at a time with a knife where I needed to until I could eventually get to the targets with no one around. Also without alerting anyone because if you get caught fucking around in the consolate, especially the 2nd floor there's very little chance you're walking out alive. So I just cleared the room upstairs quietly, slowly but surely, where the target spends most of his time and eventually the room downstairs as well. Knife someone when nobody is looking, slip out, fuck around for awhile. Come back, rinse, repeat.

Elusive SA 5/5 with that new suit!

Anyone know what the 3 redacted challenges are specifically? I feel like one would probably be for so many silent assassins.

Cromwell

Banned
I did! And after reading this Reddit thread, I think we're getting a bit off a fair deal. IF you kill the target but fail the escape, it still counts as a completion for the suit but you'll just be haunted by that giant red X (as a personal regret).

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/4qugsd/you_dont_have_to_escape_after_killing_the_elusive/

I got killed on the first elusive without even killing him, successfully killed and escaped every other target though and still got the suit.

People are down to pay for more content outside of the season pass. If they keep putting out quality levels after the final three are down, I don't think anyone minds investing more. But this was always intended to be part of the full package, then they hid the details and sprung that it would be paid on episodic consumers. Probably paid. They won't even announce a price or answer questions about it.

No. This month is the bonus mission. August or later.

My bet is that it will be more "later" than "August".

Cromwell

Banned
Why hasn't anyone posted a screenshot of the suit yet? I'm dissapointed.

cpY8gbJ.jpg

Jintor

I really hate the elusive contracts where
the target doesn't really have much of a routine if I hang around for a while, so I got impatient, chucked him a duck, and peaced out.

Moff

I really hate the elusive contracts where
the target doesn't really have much of a routine if I hang around for a while, so I got impatient, chucked him a duck, and peaced out.

I guess the point in this elusive is to force him into routine with the evacuation. but yeah, it feels a bit lazy.

I still like the idea of elusives a lot, there is just a thrill that the main game lacks.

Jintor

I guess the point in this elusive is to force him into routine with the evacuation. but yeah, it feels a bit lazy.

I still like the idea of elusives a lot, there is just a thrill that the main game lacks.

yeah but it makes me so risk-averse in these kinds of situations

Well that was a disappointing elusive. Marrakesh is a good map in itself, but it lacks the 'normal, pedestrian day in X' feeling that Sapienza, Paris (to a lesser extent) and all great Hitman levels have. It's hard to feel like I'm slotting into a regular day in their lives when the level itself is geared towards one specific event.

I wound up taking the Pale Duck explosive, leaving it where one of the bodyguards could grab it and detonating it when the target got close to him. Messy, but they never saw me coming :)

There's something liberating about failing that first Silent Assassin challenge for the elusives, I really feel like people are hamstringing themselves trying to get SA for each elusive.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well that was a disappointing elusive. Marrakesh is a good map in itself, but it lacks the 'normal, pedestrian day in X' feeling that Sapienza, Paris (to a lesser extent) and all great Hitman levels have. It's hard to feel like I'm slotting into a regular day in their lives when the level itself is geared towards one specific event.

I'm hoping the bonus Marrakesh really solves that feeling by making it more relaxing and normal. The war backdrop of Marrakesh makes the area feel really stressful and oppressive, and not in a thrilling kind of way.

Time to get this suit!

Yeah, the next episodes are question marks for when they arrive. Then again I didn't expect Marrakesh to hit in May either, I do believe they'll get all three out within the year.

I think episodes 4-5-6 could be September-October-November. Let's see.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cheesed the elusive. Went to the target's location. Stood far away behind cover. Headshot with pistol and ran all the way to an exit.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anyone else fire up HItman this morning to find that the game is listed as uninstalled on Steam and yet it's 24GB in the Steam folder?

This isn't solely a Hitman problem but rather an old Steam bug that happens from time to time. Has happened to me a couple of times and none of the workarounds posted on the steam support page did anything for me so I was forced to manually delete the game's folder and reinstall it

I felt like this Elusive was way too easy and the newest Escalation was way too hard. But I guess after doing it, I appreciate the difficulty. Just took me forever to get it done.

Here is the trick to the new escalation:
once you give Strandberg his massage, the massage room will be empty. You can then lure a target there by walking up to the target and pressing the "offer massage" button, which will make the target follow you.

Moff

the problem with the escalatons is that they are not fun if they take too long and you need to do the whole setup 5 times.
hitman is a game where figuring out how it works is the fun part, not to do that several times in a row. that's how I feel.

the problem with the escalatons is that they are not fun if they take too long and you need to do the whole setup 5 times.
hitman is a game where figuring out how it works is the fun part, not to do that several times in a row. that's how I feel.

Definitely agreed. I think the best escalations are the ones where you figure out your route, then the complications make you figure out new routes.

For the new escalation, does knocking people out with things like bricks or soda cans count as pacification?

Yes, no pacifications means any KOs. If you don't care about ranking quite as much, you can just kill them instead. It only autofails if you create a situation where you'd have that spinning circle over their head.

Top Bottom