• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

This isn't solely a Hitman problem but rather an old Steam bug that happens from time to time. Has happened to me a couple of times and none of the workarounds posted on the steam support page did anything for me so I was forced to manually delete the game's folder and reinstall it

I attempted a re-install and if just picked up the game from the steam folder. Strange that would happen. First time that's ever happened to me and I've been using the service since 2009.

Tuffty

I got the Absolution suit as well despite only getting 4 out of 5. Although I think what might have happened is that I killed the second elusive but I didn't escape. So while I got the challenge for assassinating him, it counted as a fail for not escaping.

I could be wrong in saying that, but it's the only explanation I have.

Moff

I got the Absolution suit as well despite only getting 4 out of 5. Although I think what might have happened is that I killed the second elusive but I didn't escape. So while I got the challenge for assassinating him, it counted as a fail for not escaping.

I could be wrong in saying that, but it's the only explanation I have.

I noticed in the latest elusive that the challenge for it pops up the moment you kill him, and the rewards apparently depend on those challenges

TheKeyPit

Banned
"Climb up" and "Jump to ledge" should be on two different buttons. I screwed up my Escalation Level 5 run, because I went through a window in a restricted area instead of jumping to the ledge -.-

Its kinda dumb explosives will get you SA on elusive, but killing the target with silencer/garrote and escaping without discovery will not. Like how is a guard discovering a burned corpse any different than finding a shot corpse :(

Is there any way to do the new marak escalation without killing the masseuse on level 3+? Since you can't pacify past that, I never found another massage outfit anywhere. Seems weird to force you to kill at least one person in the level, and really you are almost certainly going to end up killing a ton of people. Wonder if anyone is gonna figure out a way to do it without any kills at all.

Its funny too that if you try to rat poison the target, he doesn't go to the bathroom but instead throws up in a trash can nearby.

Bebpo

Banned
Ah, this is frustrating. Failed my 2nd ET when I should have had this. I took out the target, but the escape route I took (up the garage stairs to go out the embassy front gates) which I normally do in a soldier outfit, I had been in the ET's bodyguard outfit this time around and EVERYONE had a dot over their head. I tried hitting the fire alarm to move them around and try to get an opening but one of them saw me through a window and then I was surrounded by 4 guys and basically fucked :| Damnit.

MUnited83

For you.
Its kinda dumb explosives will get you SA on elusive, but killing the target with silencer/garrote and escaping without discovery will not. Like how is a guard discovering a burned corpse any different than finding a shot corpse :(

Is there any way to do the new marak escalation without killing the masseuse on level 3+? Since you can't pacify past that, I never found another massage outfit anywhere. Seems weird to force you to kill at least one person in the level, and really you are almost certainly going to end up killing a ton of people. Wonder if anyone is gonna figure out a way to do it without any kills at all.

Its funny too that if you try to rat poison the target, he doesn't go to the bathroom but instead throws up in a trash can nearby.

The only explosive that will result in SA if the body is seen is the fire extinguisher explosion, since it counts as an accident.

Also, there's a massage outfit on the tunnels. For whatever reason lol. Though in terms of score it isnt worth it. If you get the disguise in the tunnel you will lose too much time bonus so killing the masseur is the most beneficial option.

Here is the trick to the new escalation:
once you give Strandberg his massage, the massage room will be empty. You can then lure a target there by walking up to the target and pressing the "offer massage" button, which will make the target follow you.

Targets seemed to be the least of my problems. That laptop was my main issue. If I even sniffed the laptop everyone with a 3 mile radius flipped out. So I killed them all.

Hide all dead bodies within 1:30....FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
YSy4fIr.jpg

Ozium

the same logic that causes bystanders to go ape shit and fear for their lives and grab a security officer because a bald man is throwing coins in public

Or how you can kill an infinite amount of people in the same area and the security will just continue dragging them off and going back to normal rather than figuring out there's a slight issue.

Arkanius

God damnit, failed the new Elusive target.
Killed him by mistake and then I couldn't restart, dead in a second.

Oh well, twas fun.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So I only recently started playing. How long do we have to wait for another level to come out? Do they post that online anywhere?

Kinda enjoying everything. I just wish there were more of it, which I suppose it's a good problem.

Wouldn't mind if they added some smaller, more intimate levels. Large sprawling maps are cool, but I'd like something more akin to A New Life or Traditions of the Trade. Probably not gonna happen though.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Three Star Michelin; 3rd on the leaderboard; Yay

Edit: I've created a contract in Sapienza. If anyone wants to try it, it could be under the "Latest Contracts" tab; redhead scientist as thumbnail. (Xbox)

Jeels

So, what's the reason behind the disc release being January 2017? Do I get anything extra waiting until then or is now a good time to jump in digitally?

So, what's the reason behind the disc release being January 2017? Do I get anything extra waiting until then or is now a good time to jump in digitally?

Hitman's first Season won't be "complete" until the end of the year. There are only 3 episodes out right now and the final 3 new locations are on the way.

Personally, I'd suggest waiting until then since you may not enjoy what the game currently has to offer and the game should be better optimized and polished.

Jeels

Hitman's first Season won't be "complete" until the end of the year. There are only 3 episodes out right now and the final 3 new locations are on the way.

Personally, I'd suggest waiting until then since you may not enjoy what the game currently has to offer and the game should be better optimized and polished.

So when I spend 60 in January 2017 I am getting the first season, which released in batches throughout 2016? What about the second season, is that part of the package or is that a separate retail title? Easy Allies has been raving about this game so I wanted to give it a chance.

ev0

So when I spend 60 in January 2017 I am getting the first season, which released in batches throughout 2016? What about the second season, is that part of the package or is that a separate retail title? Easy Allies has been raving about this game so I wanted to give it a chance.

We don't know if there will be a second season yet. I hope so, but we'll have to see how the final 3 episodes do and if this release model was successful enough (it's a great game, I love it, but I'm afraid it wont be).

Just comparing Steam numbers, Absolution actually did tons although I'm sure a lot was from bundles and $5 sales..but I don't know if this Hitman can reach that but it a bsolutely deserves to.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Do the devs even refer all these releases as a First Season?

That should be the case regarding the retail release. I would suggest picking up Blood Money or Contracts on sale to get a "feel" of how these games play.

As ev0 said, it's uncertain at the moment but I'm pretty sure it would be it's own separate package like other seasons of episodic games.

The structure is inspired by contemporary TV series’ and will unfold over multiple seasons. To begin with, the overall story and the individual mission stories run in parallel but as the first season progresses, the tracks will merge and become one.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/03/hitman-on-ps4-beta-and-story-details-revealed/

Travis is the IO Community Manager, so I guess not the developers themselves but close enough.

CloudWolf

I caved in and bought the entire thing because I needed to scratch my Hitman itch after replaying some Blood Money. I liked the first three episodes a lot more than Absolution. I turned off pretty much every Instinct/Challenge/Awareness indicator and now it's basically a Blood Money-esque experience. It's pretty much what I had hoped Absolution was. I also love that they seem to have completely ignored all the events of Absolution, the less said about that game the better.

There's one thing I'm not that sold on though, and that's that this seems way more, how do you say it, heroic than previous Hitman games? Here you're being basically a secret agent, killing high profile criminals and preventing deadly viruses from being spread. I miss the 47 that went after random people who someone wanted dead. Also, what's up with Diana's/the ICA's sudden lack of discretion when it comes to clients? She just straight up tells 47 who hired him and that the Sapienza dude is a former client.

Moff

I miss the 47 that went after random people who someone wanted dead.t.

I don't think we ever killed simply a random person. Hitman targets have always been despicable people. Hitman, despite it's name and main character, is actually a very moral game. Much more than pretty much all action games. You are always punished for killing non targets and the targets are druglords, human traffickers, terrorist leaders etc.

There's one thing I'm not that sold on though, and that's that this seems way more, how do you say it, heroic than previous Hitman games? Here you're being basically a secret agent, killing high profile criminals and preventing deadly viruses from being spread. I miss the 47 that went after random people who someone wanted dead. Also, what's up with Diana's/the ICA's sudden lack of discretion when it comes to clients? She just straight up tells 47 who hired him and that the Sapienza dude is a former client.
The games have always had unsympathetic targets, one major exception being the Swing King in Blood Money. I do agree though, it feels more like you're James Bond than 47. Tone isn't dark enough (doesn't help that none of the missions so far have taken place at night). Would appreciate a more Contracts-style atmosphere, as well as a 47 that does morally iffy stuff in canon (e.g. killing the postman in Blood Money).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think we ever killed simply a random person. Hitman targets have always been despicable people. Hitman, despite it's name and main character, is actually a very moral game. Much more than pretty much all action games. You are always punished for killing non targets and the targets are druglords, human traffickers, terrorist leaders etc.

Pretty much. We kill bad people, but not because they're bad, just because we want the money.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Huh, I kind of disagree, insomuch as I feel Blood Money was a lot more about taking out targets who "deserved it". All of the targets so far feel credibly like some geopolitical power players would look at them and go "yeah this guy needs to go", Blood Money was a lot of killing pedophiles and and presidential assassins and stuff

The game isn't completed until then, so they can't put out the full game on physical disc until the full game is complete. After all, the physical release is targeted at people who can't download the episodes digitally.

If you wait for the physical release you miss out on all of the Elusive Targets.

There's one thing I'm not that sold on though, and that's that this seems way more, how do you say it, heroic than previous Hitman games?
I think that's very deliberate, and possibly a reaction to some of the criticism levelled at the Kane & Lynch games.

Also, what's up with Diana's/the ICA's sudden lack of discretion when it comes to clients? She just straight up tells 47 who hired him and that the Sapienza dude is a former client.
Refresh my memory (I've played the episodes quite spaced out and wedged between other games), what do we get told about the clients? All I remember:

Paris:
I can barely even remember anything about the client. Was it supposed to be MI5, trying to stop a list of spies being exposed?

Sapienza:
They said it was a board member with a guilty conscience, correct?

Marrakesh:
The only play through of Marrakesh I've done is the Elusive, although I do think I watched the intro movie. It's supposed to be a multinational, isn't it?

I think there might be a story reason for the outspokenness though, which is that
old mate is behind all of the contracts, and working very hard to make them appear to be from someone else. It makes sense that he wouldn't be guarding (or requesting) that details be kept secret, but potentially quite the opposite.

CloudWolf

True, but it wasn't for moreal reasons. In one of the contracts in this game Diana says something along the lines of "such a virus is a violation of everything we (the ICA) stand for", which implies that there's some higher moral code why this contract is important. While it's true that in previous Hitman you were also after some pretty bad people, it wasn't for moral reasons. For instance, the Pappy Muldoon murder was just a way for his daughter to get out of her marriage and go party in Vegas with the money she got from his death.

It's not so much that this game is more focused on killing bad people than the earlier games, but that it's framed much more as "we're changing the world and actively playing a part in world politics" instead of "you're a hitman and people hire you to murder people". The only time they really did that before was in Blood Money with the vice president and that wasn't an ICA contract. It's not really a criticism, but it's interesting to me that they went this route.

In one of the contracts in this game Diana says something along the lines of "such a virus is a violation of everything we (the ICA) stand for", which implies that there's some higher moral code why this contract is important.
I think what Diana was getting at was that the virus would put the ICA out of business ;)

Foffy

Banned

As mentioned, the Community Manager does, but so do key staff members.

I know the main story writer does as well. He's describe Season One as 47 returning to form, with the end of the Season highlighting how there will be an overarching plotline.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/03/hitman-on-ps4-beta-and-story-details-revealed/

Travis is the IO Community Manager, so I guess not the developers themselves but close enough.

As mentioned, the Community Manager does, but so do key staff members.

I know the main story writer does as well. He's describe Season One as 47 returning to form, with the end of the Season highlighting how there will be an overarching plotline.

Oh alright! I hope they're successful. I'm liking this model.

ZeroX03

Banned
We are excited to announce that the HITMAN Companion is now available as a free download for iOS and Android phones.

The HITMAN Companion focuses on keeping all players up-to-date with the latest news and makes it easy to get all the information you need about what’s been added to the game, direct from your phone wherever you are. Every week since the game launched in March 2016, we’ve released new Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and Featured Contracts on top of the episode releases.

Elusive Targets are a key part of the live content and the HITMAN Companion will make sure you’re the first to know when they are live in the game. You’ll be able to use the app whilst you’re playing to always have the image of the target to look at. That’s especially important because when you’re playing an Elusive Target Contract, you don’t have any assistance from the in-game map in identifying your target, so the app could be the difference between success and failure.

For every Elusive Target that is released, we’ll send notifications through the Companion, and you’ll be able to view the image, countdown and briefing video of the target for the duration of the contract.

Download the free app now for iOS:
http://bit.ly/HMCompanion_iOS

Download the free app now for Android:
http://bit.ly/HMCompanion_Android

540745781778.802.688721efbc8e86ad5d5ebedc79efd8f4.png

The next Elusive Target

With the HITMAN Companion, you’ll be prepared for all upcoming Elusive targets, starting on Friday 15th July, when we release the toughest Elusive Target yet.

The next Elusive Target is Dylan Narvaez, aka ‘The Twin’, who will be in Sapienza for 72 hours. His identical twin brother, Gonzales is also in Sapienza and must not be harmed in any way, or the contract will be cancelled.

To complete this contract, you will need to choose your target with supreme care and come up with a plan to eliminate him without any collateral damage whatsoever to Gonzales.

540817903837.207.5976c90cd256d11e98befcebda4deaa0.jpg

https://hitman.com/news/hitman-companion

Jintor

i guess it's nice but realistically i don't ever need to get up to the minute hitman information and if I do I just check twitter or gaf...

anyway, we're finally up to the Twins! Fuck yes. this is gunna be gud

Jintor

1. I'm one of the 1% Windows Phone owners. Where is my app? -.-

2. I guess the character models for the twins are identical and the only way to be 100% sure who to kill is by listening to their conversations or
take a look in this thread after someone succesfully eliminated the right target.

i would be so hype if they randomise which is the correct twin... or give them a bunch of different locations

ZeroX03

Banned
2. I guess the character models for the twins are identical and the only way to be 100% sure who to kill is by listening to their conversations or
take a look in this thread after someone succesfully eliminated the right target.

From what I remember from the leaked video,
the twin who is the target is wearing a wrist watch you have to get close to identify.

MUnited83

For you.
1. I'm one of the 1% Windows Phone owners. Where is my app? -.-

If I remember correctly the difference
is the watch one of them uses.

I assume "not harmed in any way" means they can't be incapacitated either... sounds interesting, I have a feeling I am going to fail it :(

Wonder if they will use that big bank-ish area with cameras underneath the hippie or the closed wine store in any way for this ET.

Moff

I assume "not harmed in any way" means they can't be incapacitated either... sounds interesting, I have a feeling I am going to fail it :(

Wonder if they will use that big bank-ish area with cameras underneath the hippie or the closed wine store in any way for this ET.

leak spoilers
looks like they will walk through several parts of the city

This week's escalation is The Teague Temptation. Start by pushing a guy over the balcony above the fashion show.

There has got to be a way to do this in the first 15 seconds after starting the level.

TheKeyPit

Banned
This week's escalation is The Teague Temptation. Start by pushing a guy over the balcony above the fashion show.

There has got to be a way to do this in the first 15 seconds after starting the level.

Oh my, I got so lucky. Finished Level 1 after 1:11 with 200,514 in 7th place :O

Edit: Down to 1:02 with 201,714.

Top Bottom