• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This week's escalation is The Teague Temptation. Start by pushing a guy over the balcony above the fashion show.

There has got to be a way to do this in the first 15 seconds after starting the level.

Start as the engineer and run around the corner then flick a coin under the camera. The first guard will go get it and the guy you need to kill will stay where he is. If you stand behind him when he's looking at the coin he will turn back around and there's a tiny window when you get the push option so just keep spamming it. Then just run down the stairs and exit out the kitchen.

edit: like this https://streamable.com/jkfe

Son of a bitch, I'm in Washington, D.C. next weekend. Hope my gf understands when I explain that I need to take an early bus back to kill a limited time only imaginary person.

Start as the engineer and run around the corner then flick a coin under the camera. The first guard will go get it and the guy you need to kill will stay where he is. If you stand behind him when he's looking at the coin he will turn back around and there's a tiny window when you get the push option so just keep spamming it. Then just run down the stairs and exit out the kitchen.

Better yet, throw the coin on the side you're coming from. At just the right distance, the target will not actually hear it but the other guy will.

Of course, I then waste all that time-saving by playing it safe and killing the second target in the bathroom. Managed to get in the top 10 in the first few levels, though.

justjim89

New Auzzie Gamer video. Sapienza, suit only with a katana.

By the way, any tips for Suit Only, Silent Assassin on Gilded Cage? I can't figure out a good plan. Right now I'm trying to take out all tunnel guards, sneak around the garage to the back stairwell, ring the fire alarm, sneak back into the tunnel and hide, and then at some point try and take out Strandberg. But that's all I got.

Looks like IO just dropped some bullshit news on us:

https://hitman.com/news/this-week-in-hitman-08-07-2016

"For players who own the Full Experience or own the combination of Intro Pack + Upgrade Pack, the Summer Bonus Episode is included at no additional cost and will unlock on July 19th. For all other players, the Summer Bonus Episode will be available for individual purchase later in the Season, packaged together with a third bonus mission for one price. At that time, Full Experience and Upgrade Pack owners will also get access to the third bonus mission at no additional cost."

So not only do people who have bought it episodically have to pay extra for a bonus episode, but we won't even be able to get until this third bonus mission comes out. whenever the hell that will be.

Fuck that.

MUnited83

For you.
This fuckery needs a thread. What a dumb decision. Oh well, at least its cool to know there's even one more extra mission. Paris at Might, I assume.

Moff

don't miss the second bonus episode with night levels for missions 4 to 6, but this time everyone has to pay extra

New Auzzie Gamer video. Sapienza, suit only with a katana.

By the way, any tips for Suit Only, Silent Assassin on Gilded Cage? I can't figure out a good plan. Right now I'm trying to take out all tunnel guards, sneak around the garage to the back stairwell, ring the fire alarm, sneak back into the tunnel and hide, and then at some point try and take out Strandberg. But that's all I got.

If you start off at the default location and run straight to the shoe store that's blocked by guards you can take out the guy who has the underground key card as he heads downstairs.

Then you double back to the embassy, hop the wall, go down into the garage, through the keycard door and up to the second floor. Strandberg can be taken out as he walks along the balcony above where he does the interview, though you might have to take out a guard or two as that balcony is also on their patrol route.

Zeydan can be killed by pushing through the hole in the second story floor. He's pretty easy.

justjim89

If you start off at the default location and run straight to the shoe store that's blocked by guards you can take out the guy who has the underground key card as he heads downstairs.

Then you double back to the embassy, hop the wall, go down into the garage, through the keycard door and up to the second floor. Strandberg can be taken out as he walks along the balcony above where he does the interview, though you might have to take out a guard or two as that balcony is also on their patrol route.

Zeydan can be killed by pushing through the hole in the second story floor. He's pretty easy.

Thanks. Btw, has the DX12 version always been prone to crashing? I just upgraded my PC and now it seems whenever I play in DX12, I'm bound to get a crash.

"For players who own the Full Experience or own the combination of Intro Pack + Upgrade Pack, the Summer Bonus Episode is included at no additional cost and will unlock on July 19th. For all other players, the Summer Bonus Episode will be available for individual purchase later in the Season, packaged together with a third bonus mission for one price. At that time, Full Experience and Upgrade Pack owners will also get access to the third bonus mission at no additional cost."

So not only do people who have bought it episodically have to pay extra for a bonus episode, but we won't even be able to get until this third bonus mission comes out. whenever the hell that will be.

Fuck that.

Yeah, I am absolutely floored by this. I was pissed but cooled down and was prepared to swallow having to pay... but now I won't even have the option until "later in the season"? Because I have been buying an EPISODIC game EPISODICALLY not only will I have to pay more but I'll also have to WAIT to play content that everyone else has access to?

Game uninstalled and they won't get another penny from me.

Which sucks as it's a great game but it's a matter of principal at this point. I have lost trust in the developer and what pisses me off the most is I defended this game to the naysayers against episodic format and it turns out they were right all along. I should have just waited for the final release.

ZeroX03

Banned

Fuck that.

How the fuck can they think this is acceptable? I love this game but being screwed over really kills my enthusiasm.

The Summer Bonus episode seems cool, but the idea of locking out those of us that chose to buy episodically is pretty lame. It'd be one thing if the Upgrade Pack scaled to what you already owned, but it doesn't - so many of us have to wait until some random undetermined time to play it?

I hope it comes out before Thailand.

I wouldn't have been so annoyed if they had said what their plan was for this episode when they announced it, instead of proudly shouting that it was free. Again, I'm not mad, just annoyed. It'll pass.

I'm okay paying for it, but I got my hopes up for a free mission this summer.

I hope it comes out before Thailand.

It's going to be several months would be my guess. They said "later in the season" and it would be at the same time the 2nd bonus episode is release. They aren't going to release the 2nd bonus episode until after Episode 4 -- maybe between 5 and 6 (?)

If I touch this game again it will be after final release w/all bonus episodes and it gets marked down to $25 area.

While I don't want people who bought full experience and/or upgrade pack to get screwed part of me wants the rest of the season to crash and burn.

---

I wonder if sales have been so bad they are trying to force what I assume must be majority of buyers buying episodic to overpay now for the upgrade pack in order to get the bonus episode/s (?) I just don't understand why else they would make this move...

Hopeford

Question, I haven't been touching this game at all-busy as hell-but from my understanding if I buy the game now I'll have missed out on all elusive targets and will never get a chance to do them. Is that right? I feel like they are a huge draw of the game so it would suck if they don't get "re-released" at some point.

And I guess on that same vein, assuming the elusive missions are still out of the question, is the game worth buying still?

Lima

What a bunch of fucking horse shit. Honestly at this point if you can't figure out a better solution release that shit for free or don't release it at all.

Had they simply told me before that full experience/upgrade pack buyers get something extra other than saving money I would have bought that.

They kinda let me to believe I would only pay more money. Not like this IO. Not like this.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question, I haven't been touching this game at all-busy as hell-but from my understanding if I buy the game now I'll have missed out on all elusive targets and will never get a chance to do them. Is that right? I feel like they are a huge draw of the game so it would suck if they don't get "re-released" at some point.

And I guess on that same vein, assuming the elusive missions are still out of the question, is the game worth buying still?

IO have said elusive targets are one and done but we can't be sure of that. They're okay extras, but not the bulk of the game. At this point there's still too many questions and IO/SE's handling of the game is a disaster. Game itself is worth buying, but you would be better to wait for the final release so you get all the content (except maybe not elusives) and patches.

I'm not one to usually complain like this, but even I want to say how silly that decision is. Not exactly a good way to treat the people who went along with your episodic release format.

Guess I'll just skip that episode entirely.

People on the Hitman Reddit actually defending this mess.

They downvote and squash anything remotely negative. It's insane. I had one guy say with a straight face that the developer has been completely transparent from the beginning (!)

Official and unofficial hitman forums are much more reasonable. I think most people unaffected by this mess are still able to empathize and realize not letting episodic buyers to be able to buy and play the bonus episode at the same time as everyone else is a shitty move.

madjoki

Fuck that.

Wow, that's major BS to those who buy separately. At very least they should be letting them buy now and get third later.

Hopeford

IO have said elusive targets are one and done but we can't be sure of that. They're okay extras, but not the bulk of the game. At this point there's still too many questions and IO/SE's handling of the game is a disaster. Game itself is worth buying, but you would be better to wait for the final release so you get all the content (except maybe not elusives) and patches.

Got it, thanks. Will wait until the game is done then!

tanuki

Yeah, as a massive Hitman fan who has been buying each episode seperately, I'm so disappointed in this. If there was an upgrade package for people who had bought the first three episodes, I think I could accept this.

But as it is, I'm not spending money on this game anymore. It feels like I'm being fucked in the ass for supporting their episodic model.

The release details of this game have been handled so poorly. When it was announced it was assumed it would be a new game coming in 2016/2017.

By September '15 they 'went clear' with their plans and announced it was going to be an episodic model with the first 3 locations with 6 campaign missions at launch in March and the later episodes would be coming 1 month apart in April, May & June.

Then that was ditched, and it was 1 location with 1 campaign mission each coming once a month, with the ability to buy each episode individually or but the whole lot in one go to pay slightly less.

Now we're 3 episodes in, 3 locations and 3 campaign missions completed. There's no word on the remaining 3 locations and now 'bonus' campaign missions, which are likely 2 of the three missing campaign missions advertised back in September '15, are being sold as an additional episode for the same price as a full location.

It's understandable to ask people who pay episodically to also pay for extra episodes in principle, because they chose to pay a little extra overall to pay less upfront for the same amount of content by not buying the full experience, but to change how much content makes up the "full experience" halfway through release is a real dick move.

ZeroX03

Banned
The release details of this game have been handled so poorly. When it was announced it was assumed it would be a new game coming in 2016/2017.

By September '15 they 'went clear' with their plans and announced it was going to be an episodic model with the first 3 locations with 6 campaign missions at launch in March and the later episodes would be coming 1 month apart in April, May & June.

Then that was ditched, and it was 1 location with 1 campaign mission each coming once a month, with the ability to buy each episode individually or but the whole lot in one go to pay slightly less.

Now we're 3 episodes in, 3 locations and 3 campaign missions completed. There's no word on the remaining 3 locations and now 'bonus' campaign missions, which are likely 2 of the three missing campaign missions advertised back in September '15, are being sold as an additional episode for the same price as a full location.

It's understandable to ask people who pay episodically to also pay for extra episodes in principle, because they chose to pay a little extra overall to pay less upfront for the same amount of content by not buying the full experience, but to change how much content makes up the "full experience" halfway through release is a real dick move.

They also announced seven episodes, and then in March they stopped mentioning it in any descriptions and their product descriptions specify six locations. So it looks like they pulled the seventh/it was a mistake, when in reality it was this bonus episode.

Also episodic players were already paying a little more. This is even more on top.

Thailand is August.

Now we're 3 episodes in, 3 locations and 3 campaign missions completed. There's no word on the remaining 3 locations and now 'bonus' campaign missions,

They announced one or two days ago, the next episode/location is coming in August.

... which are likely 2 of the three missing campaign missions advertised back in September '15, are being sold as an additional episode for the same price as a full location.
Uh? I'm a bit lot.
The remaining 3 locations are full episodes, so of course it's being sold as the same price as the other episodes.
The bonus episode isn't being sold for now. As i understand it, they are going to make a second bonus episode and sell the two together for the price of one episode.

but to change how much content makes up the "full experience" halfway through release is a real dick move

The full experience includes everything. It included everything before and it includes everything now.

I agree that their messaging could have be done better.

MMaRsu

Wait there is not even going to be a way to obtain the bonus missions if you dont have the season pass???

The bonus episode isn't being sold for now. As i understand it, they are going to make a second bonus episode and sell the two together for the price of one episode.

Wtf this shit is the worst!!!!?!?!?

Or did I misread your post.

I cant believe gamers defensing this company's shitty decisions and communication. We are fans of this game too ya know. Just cause we didnt plunk down 60 at once but instead buy into their episodic structure we are being punished. Im pretty close to being done with IO.

MMaRsu

Fuck that.

Fuck that fuck this game, fuck IO interactive and their lying asses
Im done with this game SO DONE.

Im one of the biggest Hitman fans, and the way they are handling this series and more of all their fanbase is a fucking disgrace.

I never had any problems but the online requirements, and now this fucking bs has done my head in.

Should be a new thread created that they are punishing and withholding content from people who have been buying the packs seperate.

Jesus what a bunch of Rats.

I used to defend the episodic model :( I'm not that familiar with Twitter but will complaining there change anything or will it just be white noise to them?

Uh? I'm a bit lot.
The remaining 3 locations are full episodes, so of course it's being sold as the same price as the other episodes.

When they announced their plans the 'intro' pack was listed as having 3 locations (Paris, Sapienza & Marrekesh) with 6 campaign missions (which we could assume were 2 missions per location), but the final launch only offered 1 campaign mission for each location. The new 'bonus' episode has a new campaign mission for Sapienza and Marrakesh, and it's possible they're 2 of the 6 missions that were originally supposed to be part of the original intro pack.

Basically:

September '15 intro pack = 3 maps, 6 missions.
Maps released to date = 3 maps (Paris, Sapienza & Marrakesh), 3 missions (likely 2 for Paris, 2 for Sapienza, 2 for Marrakesh)
Bonus summer episode = 2 missions (1 for Sapienza & 1 for Marrakesh)
Total maps/missions to date = 3 maps, 5 missions (1 for Paris, 2 for Sapienza & 2 for Marrakesh)

The full experience includes everything. It included everything before and it includes everything now.

Which is fine but now they've changed what the 'full experience' contains. $60 got you the full experience, $65 got you the same content, paid episodically. Now if you want the same content you're looking at an extra $10 on top of that $65.

Obviously people don't have to buy the bonus episode but this should have been made clear before launch. The way they've handled their episodic model smacks of rushing whatever is finished out the door as fast as possible to start making money which has led to a string of announcements that later need to be clarified because they don't make any sense or changed at a later date, though I find it difficult to pin the blame squarely on IO for that.

MMaRsu

I used to defend the episodic model :( I'm not that familiar with Twitter but will complaining there change anything or will it just be white noise to them?

I sent them a bunch of tweets. Just let them know Im done with their game because of this. I enjoyed the episodic content. Fuck this though.

Did I miss too much content that I can't play if I were to purchase this now? I'm a bit confused on the structure of this - are the past elusive targets gone forever? Will there be new ones?

ZeroX03

Banned
Did I miss too much content that I can't play if I were to purchase this now? I'm a bit confused on the structure of this - are the past elusive targets gone forever? Will there be new ones?

We can't say for sure. They're saying elusive targets are one time only but that would be extraordinarily silly.

Just wait for the final full release at this point, game's release is a mess. I feel they should repeat the elusives but who knows?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

They've been heavily criticized for the always online DRM since launch and did nothing for it. Even when they were directly confronted about it they always came up with some bullshit excuse

Doubt they will give a shit about the bonus episode either

The elusive targets are the big mystery for me. They say it's really a one time thing and they are lost forever... but I can't believe them. They suppose too much work to waste it like that.

I'm sure that at least when they finish the episodic release and they launch the full game the elusive targets will reappear at least one more time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't get the problem with the Bonus episode. Like, at all.

The elusive targets are the big mystery for me. They say it's really a one time thing and they are lost forever... but I can't believe them. They suppose too much work to waste it like that.

I'm sure that at least when they finish the episodic release and they launch the full game the elusive targets will reappear at least one more time.

My guess is they will bring them back after the disc version is out. Would make sense.

MMaRsu

I don't get the problem with the Bonus episode. Like, at all.

My guess is they will bring them back after the disc version is out. Would make sense.

They never made it clear that instead of 65 we would be paying more than 10$ extra then sp holders.

In fact they were deliberately vague about it.

It's a shame the way they're handling this is such a mess as I hear nothing but praise for the game itself.

Rock Paper Shotgun said Sapienza alone is a GotY candidate and Rab Florence says it's best game he played this year, a modern classic.

But because the handling is so messy, I'll probably wait for a version that has all the content.

Fantastapotamus

They never made it clear that instead of 65 we would be paying more than 10$ extra then sp holders.

In fact they were deliberately vague about it.

So, they should just cancel the bonus episode thing? I mean you don't have to buy it and you'll still get everything that was promised to you. I can understand being annoyed about this but not outraged like some people seem to be.
If you bought the season pass (I didn't) this is great cause you get more content for free, cool.
If you didn't buy the season pass you can still get the same amount of content for the same price you expected. It's not like they took an episode away and now force people to rebuy it. This feels like people are just angry that other people got a better deal than them.

When I started buying the episodic thing I expected 6 episodes. I will still get those 6 episodes. Yeah, some people will get a bit more for buying it early so what? I just don't understand the anger around this. I'm a bit annoyed that I'll have to wait longer, but that's it.

Lima

People are not bitching about the fact that they pay more or have to pay for the bonus episode or at least I don't. I don't give a shit about that at all. It's an additional $10. I spend more than that every morning on my breakfast.

The issue is that I'm not getting the bonus episode at the same damn time as other people. I also don't give a shit if their model doesn't allow it or if it is too complicated to figure out how to make it available for people who buy each episode separately. Fucking figure it out then.

Fantastapotamus

The issue is that I'm not getting the bonus episode at the same damn time as other people. I also don't give a shit if their model doesn't allow it or if it is too complicated to figure out how to make it available for people who buy each episode separately. Fucking figure it out then.

I agree with that.

ZeroX03

Banned
People are not bitching about the fact that they pay more or have to pay for the bonus episode. I don't give a shit about that at all. It's an additional $10. I spend more than that every morning on my breakfast.

To be fair, I'm bitching about that. I knew I'd be paying $65 not $60. I did not know I would be paying $75 or $85 if I wanted to play the bonus episodes in July.

It's a two pronged problem.

Fantastapotamus

To be fair, I'm bitching about that. I knew I'd be paying $65 not $60. I did not know I would be paying $75 or $85 if I wanted to play the bonus episodes in July.

So if said Bonus episodes didn't exist you wouldn't be complaining. That's what I meant with my comment in the other thread (not gonna respond there, no need to talk about this in two seperat threads I think).
It just feels weird to me to get all angry at a developer for making more content than what was promised. The lesson here for the developers isn't "Let's make this free for everybody" but "Let's never do anything beyond what we said we would do". It should be the first one, but you know it won't be. Plus SE doesn't seem like the type of company that is all like
"Sure, we'd love to pay you to make free content you don't actually have to make! We love giving away money".

Top Bottom