• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
That and Absolution are the only ones I've played, should I check all the other ones out? Do they hold up?

Some more than others. Codename 47 is very frustrating to play, I love Silent Assassin, and Contracts is a more refined version of that experience.

Moff

That and Absolution are the only ones I've played, should I check all the other ones out? Do they hold up?

If you want more I'd definitely recommend contracts, has some of the best levels of the franchise including some remakes from the today nearly unplayable Codename 47

but Blood Money is the best game so far, up until Hitman2016

CloudWolf

Okay, this shit was just unfair. I follow the brothers around to get a feel of their routine, I accidentally bump into a random woman who instantly becomes suspicious, she calls in the Twins' guards, they try to arrest me, 47 automatically punches one of them out, the other shoots 47. Mission failed.

There was literally nothing I could do to stop the situation from escalating and because it's an elusive I can't retry. Fuck that.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
9I4cZLp.gif

4A4o8g2.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay, this shit was just unfair. I follow the brothers around to get a feel of their routine, I accidentally bump into a random woman who instantly becomes suspicious, she calls in the Twins' guards, they try to arrest me, 47 automatically punches one of them out, the other shoots 47. Mission failed.

There was literally nothing I could do to stop the situation from escalating and because it's an elusive I can't retry. Fuck that.

You can hit pause and retry before a situation goes lethal, if you're so inclined...

TheKeyPit

Banned
Even on Elusive targets?

Yes, because you can't force someone to play through an elusive target when rl gets into the way, so at least an Exit button exists to quit out of the mission and play it later on from the start, making a Retry button also legit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sniped the wrong brother. Didn't really have the patience for this one. Really soured on the game because of all the recent screw ups, Thailand better be good.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Sniped the wrong brother. Didn't really have the patience for this one. Really soured on the game because of all the recent screw ups, Thailand better be good.

I sniped him from the tower near the exit-car. One of their routines is going to the cafe, the right one will sit down and cross his arms making the watch visible.

-------

Oh yeah:
screenshot-original17pxuij.png

(This was my fourth target)

justjim89

I got it. Only 31,000 points because of time and some sloppiness, but I sniped the target. Once I figured out Dylan
is the one that stays sitting down at the ice cream shop
, I had all the time in the world to wait for the perfect shot.

No idea how you could get SA on this, though.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got it. Only 31,000 points because of time and some sloppiness, but I sniped the target. Once I figured out Dylan
is the one that stays sitting down at the ice cream shop
, I had all the time in the world to wait for the perfect shot.

No idea how you could get SA on this, though.

Edit: scratch that idea

TheKeyPit

Banned
Wonder how many warm up tries this guy did before this SO, SA run.

I almost wish they removed the option to restart elusive targets. You shouldn't get to practice a dozen times on what's supposed to be a one-time hit.

Hah, just wanted to post it :D

-----

They could limit the restarts. That's the only way that would be fair to not screw over those who experience bugs, rl etc.

-----

"Hardest elusive target yet". He's sure one of the dumbest: https://youtu.be/DmHalhSy9yA?t=1m37s

thenexus6

Game is pissing me off. I keep going to subdue someone but instead 47 punches them... and I get close combat heard.

I had to reload a save 5-6 times the other day trying to take someone out.

Yeah, if you don't see the actual subdue prompt and you try to subdue, you will always melee. Seems to occur a lot on stairs and corners.

Definitely follow this weekends ET for a while before you restart and try, they don't seem to exit the level, wander a lot, and have some audio fluff after 5-6 mins of walking - at the gelato place, the museums, the wine shop, etc that add some flavor to the mission.

I thought maybe you could poison the target in the wine shop but that seems to be a dead end since they drink from the same glass and the non target drinks first. There was some mention of coffee at the gelato shop, maybe if you take the waiter disguise you can "deliver" a coffee? Probably not since I don't think there is an actual coffee pickup item.

I fucked up the first time I tried this weeks ET and got spotted right after pushing the target into the water, but I did a quick alt-f4 and was able to retry again when I loaded the game back in. So I guess keep that hand hovering over alt-f4 if you fail.

God damn that was boring as fuck. And my capture got screwed up so I have no footage to share but I resorted to dirty tactics to win.

Here's the money spoiler
Gonzales drinks the wine, use the emetic poison to get Dylan alone. I then used the Pale Duck and blew him sky high and ran like hell to the car by the manor. Strike up another Elusive for me.

TheKeyPit

Banned
God damn that was boring as fuck. And my capture got screwed up so I have no footage to share but I resorted to dirty tactics to win.

Here's the money spoiler
Gonzales drinks the wine, use the emetic poison to get Dylan alone. I then used the Pale Duck and blew him sky high and ran like hell to the car by the manor. Strike up another Elusive for me.

Can you really use emetic poison on his brother? I thought we shouldn't harm him in any way?

Well my first attempt at an elusive target failed miserably (twins).

Could not for the life of me find them in the streets, so assumed they were in the mansion. Got got climbing through a window by a cleaner, subdued her and as I was dragging her body away I was spotted. Didn't even get out the house before dying.

I assume the twins are always outside?

Linkark07

Banned
Just finished it. Killed the twin with a sniper rifle near the ICA safe house, then run for my life. Had to use a coin for distract the guards for see which one was the real target.

Top Bottom