• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I stashed the Lancer in the safehouse and spawned in the same location. Sat on the roof, waited a few minutes for the brothers to watch the performer, scoped in to check the watch and BOOM HEADSHOT.

One and done in 3 minutes.

These last two Elusive Targets have been disappointingly easy :p

Amusing.
Wish I had taken the time to plan this one but as others have said it was the least interesting ET contract thus far.
After watching that video, another way to go about it would be to
start off at the safe house, pick up the bartoli handgun, grab the wrench from the Girasole shop below. Head down the passageway east of the mortuary, cause an oil leak by using the wrench on the motorcycle furthest down, drop your silencer and bartoli and while the guards are away securing the handguns then pick off the twin with the wristwatch, accidental kill. SO/SA.

Jintor

I got impatient

Dropped a rifle in the safehouse, ran upstairs, knocked out the lazy asshole, set up in his apartment, waited for them to get coffee, shot dylan and ran

Irritatingly I got a non-target killed on my way out. WTF happened? I have no idea how, didn't leave any bodies next to explosives or water or anything. Won't say it ruined my rating since I basically went loud but still, it's pretty irritating.

No, I didn't take the car route.

ArjanN

I stashed the Lancer in the safehouse and spawned in the same location. Sat on the roof, waited a few minutes for the brothers to watch the performer, scoped in to check the watch and BOOM HEADSHOT.

One and done in 3 minutes.

These last two Elusive Targets have been disappointingly easy :p

Eh, they're all easy if you don't mind being sloppy.

You'd really need to SA them if you want bragging rights.

vpance

Eh, they're all easy if you don't mind being sloppy.

You'd really need to SA them if you want bragging rights.

Pretty much.

Going for SA would be challenging and fun, but I won't bother to try that hard with the perma fail and all.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got impatient

Dropped a rifle in the safehouse, ran upstairs, knocked out the lazy asshole, set up in his apartment, waited for them to get coffee, shot dylan and ran

Irritatingly I got a non-target killed on my way out. WTF happened? I have no idea how, didn't leave any bodies next to explosives or water or anything. Won't say it ruined my rating since I basically went loud but still, it's pretty irritating.

No, I didn't take the car route.

I went with the car-exit and got 1 non-target kill during the exit cutscene.

GeeTeeCee

I finally caved in and upgraded from the Intro pack.

I've probably already missed a handful of Elusive Targets in Sapienza and Marrakesh, and there's no way I'll be able to learn these new maps well enough to complete the current one legitimately. :(

Tuffty

When I realised
they stopped at the wine tasting place I disguised myself as the waiter and had some rat poison on hand. I decided to take a chance and put the poison in as soon as the first one took a drink, just to see. 47 jumps in front of the twins and 2 guards to put the poison in the wine and nobody gets suspicious at all before the target takes a sip XD The target goes to puke his guts out. I take him out inside just as soon as the guard opens the door. Had to take him out too and escape through the houses, leading up to the safe house and exiting outside.

If you can distract the guard from coming in as the target is puking his guts out, then you can get silent assassin for sure.

thenexus6

I decided to
dress as a waiter and poison the wine in the store by the church. Worked fine, however I killed the guy then the moment I started to drag the body the guard walked in the room. So I ran upstairs hid in a box for a few minutes, worked the rooftops, changed into a different costume and finished the level.

I got three stars, but whatever. My first ET.

When I realised
they stopped at the wine tasting place I disguised myself as the waiter and had some rat poison on hand. I decided to take a chance and put the poison in as soon as the first one took a drink, just to see. 47 jumps in front of the twins and 2 guards to put the poison in the wine and nobody gets suspicious at all before the target takes a sip XD The target goes to puke his guts out. I take him out inside just as soon as the guard opens the door. Had to take him out too and escape through the houses, leading up to the safe house and exiting outside.

If you can distract the guard from coming in as the target is puking his guts out, then you can get silent assassin for sure.
I don't know if that was intentional or not but even when
not disguised as a waiter you'll go undetected when poisoning the wine glass. Everytime.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
First one I've failed. Shot the brother and forgot his guards aren't the only ones on the beach so got spotted by some jobsworth and killed.

Got this ET pretty easily,
just hid in the top room of the building that the safehouse is in with a sniper rifle, waited until they sat down at the patio across the plaza, shot the right brother, changed clothes real quick, then hauled ass to the car down the street.

Man, it took an eternity to set up a scooter explosion right next to the target after isolating him, where I could not be seen shooting the leaked oil.

And then the explosion didn't even touch him because he was three instead of two feet away, or something like that.

Edit: Finally, he got close enough to the scooter to let this work. The guards saw me anyway and I subjected myself to the thrill of escaping while hunted.

It was worth it, unlike my last SA failure in Sapienza.

I don't know if that was intentional or not but even when
not disguised as a waiter you'll go undetected when poisoning the wine glass. Everytime.

Tried this. Definitely didn't work.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anybody else experiencing texture problems since the latest patch? I just started taking screenshots from this game and maybe it's been always like that, but I don't think so. Textures loading in after more than 20+ seconds and this:

screenshot-original18oisuv.png

Moff

I think this was a nice elusive, yeah. did it with sniping as well, but only because I didn't have the patience to wait for their whole way to the vine bar a second time.

Saving and loading takes ages to finish now. Anyone else having the same issue?
I'm seeing a bit of this as well.

Man, it took an eternity to set up a scooter explosion right next to the target after isolating him, where I could not be seen shooting the leaked oil.

And then the explosion didn't even touch him because he was three instead of two feet away, or something like that.

Edit: Finally, he got close enough to the scooter to let this work. The guards saw me anyway and I subjected myself to the thrill of escaping while hunted.

It was worth it, unlike my last SA failure in Sapienza.

Tried this. Definitely didn't work.

Didn't work for me either.

I've must've done this over a dozen times before settling on sniping the target from the rooftops. I really need to configure shadow play one of these days.

I like that 47 was not suspicious at all to the twins and their bodyguards the entire time I followed them. I wore the Absolution suit and just got compliments lol.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
When I realised

That's what I tried too but I broke the scripting and the asshole just walked out without drinking. At frist I just wanted to poison both but the first guy apparently drank all the rat poison.

Moff

I just thought I am really ready for more hitman now and realized the 2 summer episodes are released this tuesday, awesome.
gonna dive in with that absolution suit

Question about opportunities. I see three that are greyed out and marked as lost opportunity. Is that just for that play through or my entire game?
Also if I complete an opportunity can I still do that scenario to kill the target on another play through?

Question about opportunities. I see three that are greyed out and marked as lost opportunity. Is that just for that play through or my entire game?
Also if I complete an opportunity can I still do that scenario to kill the target on another play through?
1) just that playthrough
2) you sure can. Lots of the game's value is derived from replaying levels and doing things differently.

I just thought I am really ready for more hitman now and realized the 2 summer episodes are released this tuesday, awesome.
gonna dive in with that absolution suit
and that reminds me that I won't be able to play it.

I looked into it, and I am not even able to buy the upgrade pack because I already own ep 2/3. I'm playing on PS so I can't deal with steam support like PC players. hmph. Anyone try calling Sony support and get a refund for the episodes?

I really can't believe that new players could just buy the upgrade pack on tuesday and get access but episodic players have no option.

1) just that playthrough
2) you sure can. Lots of the game's value is derived from replaying levels and doing things differently.
Thanks. Loving the variety of this. I actually bought the older Hitman games a while back on PS3 when they were on sale and though I loved the gameplay the controls were really dated so I kinda gave up on them.

Jintor

wish the debrief screen was actually more detailed tbh. I feel like there's not enough info on it.

Mainly I wanna know who the other person I killed was since I didn't goddamn kill anyone

Wish they'd just admit their mistake and let us all have the episode Tuesday but oh well, I'm gonna watch streams and footage. Spoilers don't bother me.

Meneses

wish the debrief screen was actually more detailed tbh. I feel like there's not enough info on it.

Mainly I wanna know who the other person I killed was since I didn't goddamn kill anyone

Pretty sure it's a bug (probably a variation of the subdue-counts-as-kill bug), because I got the same thing and all I did was subdue Rocco and kill the target.

Wouldn't surprise me if the game also somehow counted the target as being the wrong twin and penalizing us for it instead of failing the mission.

I kinda expect anything at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned
IO/SE have their hands over their ears going "la la la" regarding the bonus episode controversy. They aren't going to acknowledge it or fix anything.

At this point, seeing as I won't be getting any new Hitman episodes until probably late August at the earliest I'm really tempted just to wait and get the whole package for $20 in a year's time rather than pay $40 for the rest episodically. I don't know if I care enough about elusives. I'm too salty to love this game right now. Hopefully that'll change by Thailand.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
fwiw Microsoft agreed to refund the dlc packs for me. If you're a dope like me and thought buying the packs individually was the way to go maybe contact them.

Lima

That's how long all ET's should be up honestly. I wasn't able to play at all during the weekend so I missed the twins.

Moff

I wonder if they'll release a new package for episodic buyers to buy the rest of the whole experience for the summer episodes.
otherwise I really don't see how it even makes sense for them.

I still think the bonus episodes should have been free for people who bought the missions with a new night version, but I do understand that they want to sell it extra if the game is not selling as well as they hoped. but then they should really give the episodic buyers a way to actually buy it when it releases. the way it is now it only pleases people who already bought it, pisses of the episodic buyers and gives them no new source if income, it just doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom