• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
Boo. So there probably wont be any weapon and location unlocks either.

There are location unlocks and weapon unlocks. Marrakesh I believe has a new knife, Sapienza gives you a little toy robot that is used as a explosive. I think there's location unlock for both but they are both specific to the missions if im not mistaken.

Anyone able to play on PC? DLC is listed as owned on the game page, but no way to install it, launching game doesn't install it. When you are in game you see an option to install the DLC from the sapienza selection, but that just takes you to the DLC store page which doesn't list bonus mission :(

Hopefully just a bug and steam adds the bonus to the DLC list today. Did try restarting steam and the web version, no change. I own the full game, via AMD key redemption.

Ludens

Banned
Anyone able to play on PC? DLC is listed as owned on the game page, but no way to install it, launching game doesn't install it. When you are in game you see an option to install the DLC from the sapienza selection, but that just takes you to the DLC store page which doesn't list bonus mission :(

Hopefully just a bug and steam adds the bonus to the DLC list today. Did try restarting steam and the web version, no change. I own the full game, via AMD key redemption.

Reboot Steam pal, you probably have another 6.1 gb to download.

Moff

There are location unlocks and weapon unlocks. Marrakesh I believe has a new knife, Sapienza gives you a little toy robot that is used as a explosive. I think there's location unlock for both but they are both specific to the missions if im not mistaken.

just want to confirm this
there is no mastery but for completing all opportunities and assassination challenges in each mission you get the 2 new weapons.

MUnited83

For you.
So... use coins? Leave guns in their patrol path? There are plenty of ways to distract a guard in this game.

Use thrown objects, coins, etc. It is a silenced pistol, you know :p

Guys, I have over 200 hours on this game and I've speedrun through most missions and contracts and got a lot of top stops in the leaderboards. I know all of that already :p. It was something that was really useful, and in some cases irreplaceable (like doing it from outside of a window), and it doesn't make sense that they programmed so many audio effects for each different material if they are going to make the NPCs completely ignore them. If I hit something made of metal, the guards should definitely check out the source of the noise, as they should check out when I break a vase or similar.

Wow, two new missions are much bigger than I expected. I thought it'd be on the level of ETs - new target, night time, minor tweaks. Nope, they more or less revamped the entire maps, changed around a lot of the stuff from daytime you are used to, added a ton of new disguises and opportunities, etc.

While not quite as large or opportunity filled as previous levels, I'd say each of the two new missions is a good 3-6 hours each of content if you want to 100% them. Just wandering around checking everything out in Sapienza took me 45 minutes.

Guys, I have over 200 hours on this game and I've speedrun through most missions and contracts and got a lot of top stops in the leaderboards. I know all of that already :p. It was something that was really useful, and in some cases irreplaceable (like doing it from outside of a window), and it doesn't make sense that they programmed so many audio effects for each different material if they are going to make the NPCs completely ignore them. If I hit something made of metal, the guards should definitely check out the source of the noise, as they should check out when I break a vase or similar.

I hate the phrase "immersion breaking" but this is a perfect example. That video you posted was hysterical. If they wanted to nerf it but keep immersion they should have gone the other way and had guards immediately go on alert and call for backup.

Moff

that was very easy
did SASO on my first try in marrakesh b, I didn't even plan to do that but it kinda happened, I never did SASO in sapienza or marrakesh, but now there's at least an achievement for it

the size is somewhere between a double elusive and a standard mission, feels definitely smaller than expected

Finally got this on PS4 so I can enjoy it properly

Paris is insane. I thought Mardi Gras in Blood Money was impressive, but damn, this is something else

madjoki

Why is the bonus mission an ~11GB download on Xbox when it's ~6GB on Playstation and Steam?
Is it bundled with the 4.5 GB update that came earlier?
That was a 3.9GB update on Xbox.

It's definitely patch + mission, even on Steam it's that size.

HC8W3AI.png

That's weird - my Steam update today was only 6.5 GB.

By the way, anyone remember the leaked Sapienza night screenshot that showed an outdoor concert? Presumably that had to be cut.

Moff

ok sapienza b seems to be a lot more interesting than marrakesh b, spent 30 minutes in it and still have no idea where to start

I definitely like that in both missions the opportunities are much less hand holding, they definitely tell you where to go, but not how you get there unlike in the previous missions

It's showing the missions locked for me unless I need to complete the third map which I never did. But I know for fact I bought entire series at once

ok sapienza b seems to be a lot more interesting than marrakesh b, spent 30 minutes in it and still have no idea where to start

I definitely like that in both missions the opportunities are much less hand holding, they definitely tell you where to go, but not how you get there unlike in the previous missions
I'm still on the Intro Pack content, but I turned Opportunities off. The intel seems like enough hints IMO

Moff

I'm still on the Intro Pack content, but I turned Opportunities off. The intel seems like enough hints IMO
yeah a lot of people recommend that, not a bad way to play the game, I did everything turned on, though, always
It's showing the missions locked for me unless I need to complete the third map which I never did. But I know for fact I bought entire series at once

are you on steam? this is known issue with all episodes since paris
make sure that the bonus episode is checked in the dlc menu, it probably still needs to be downloaded

on a sidenote, I think it's worth mentioning that at least to my knowledge, the target in sapienza b is the first target in the hitman franchise who is not a despicable person and/or a criminal. seems a bit off, unless I missed something

On the PS Store when I looked at the Summer Episode, it said not available but it said 11.29.2016

Probably a placeholder but man, fuck this decision to hold off the release to episodic buyers till the Paris at night mission is completed.

A House Built on Sand definitely pulls the Marrakesh level design together. Having a target who
circles the level talking to various people
calls back to the best parts of Showstopper and makes the world feel organic.

And it's an amazing touch that the fortune teller
can see 47's true nature

Murkas

Why did this game link all the cameras in the latest update? Unless I'm mistaken, shutting off the cameras for the church also shut of Silvio's mansion cameras? That doesn't work?!

Not sure I like that update :|

madjoki

On the PS Store when I looked at the Summer Episode, it said not available but it said 11.29.2016

Probably a placeholder but man, fuck this decision to hold off the release to episodic buyers till the Paris at night mission is completed.

Hey, we can only sell 6/7th of game missing as preorder, but selling bonus mission missing 1/3th would be too much!

I might just let Gary Busey live, the mans had enough tragedy in his life just being Gary Busey.

Lol yeah. It would have been great if he was included somehow in the new Sapienza bonus mission. He's perfect for its B-movie feel.

Really enjoying Marrakesh at night in the other bonus mission. Much more atmospheric. Feels more Hitman than the previous use of the location. Some new VAs as well. Lotsa incidental conversations. Also seems to run better too probably cause the riot crowds are gone now.

Acorn

I'm 59th on the icon leaderboards. Suit only, Silent. 169,453.

My place won't last long but the screenshot will lol.

cackhyena

So I only downloaded the whole game last night. I was under the impression people who didn't buy in from the start like me weren't able to get the summer bonus episode but I'm downloading rn since it's available on the Xbox store. Am I missing something?

justjim89

So I only downloaded the whole game last night. I was under the impression people who didn't buy in from the start like me weren't able to get the summer bonus episode but I'm downloading rn since it's available on the Xbox store. Am I missing something?

You bought the whole game instead of individual episodes, so you get it all now. Congrats.

Rizzi

I was willing to pay the extra $5-$10 and get the content once it actually, you know, existed. A slight discount for the people willing to hand over $60-$65 for the whole chunk in one go. That was a reasonable proposition.
Now we get to pay $15-20 more for the same thing and wait longer. The lack of an upgrade option for people who bought the first three episodes is terrible too, which honestly isn't something I'd do but it should be there. Combine that with IO's inability or unwillingness to actually let people know any of this stuff beforehand, and you just get a whole lot of people feeling burned.
If I had known that halfway through the episodic release schedule they were going to shit on the people who supported that model of release I sure as hell would have reconsidered buying it.

Foffy

Banned
Man, the episode in Morocco seems more fleshed out than the one in Sapienza, but I guess that's because the opposite was so of the main episodes.

I quite like me
missions where you tail a target to their meeting. ;)

Acorn

Man thats lame that the new challenges don't count towards mastery. I'm stuck on 15 in marrakesh could really do with those challenges. Got level 20 everything else.

Top Bottom