• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

I couldn't figure out a clean way of disguising as an explosives guy on the Icon, and also found A House Build on Sand easier. I actually think I liked the Marrakesh bonus mission more than the actual episode, even if there are less challenges things to do. I wouldn't mind a few more bonus missions, am I right in thinking there's another way in the pipeline?

yes there is a third bonus mission coming up, it's the reason for the delay for episodic buyers, they can only buy it separately when all three bonus missions are released. you get three bonus missions for the price of one normal mission.

and for the explosive cew outfit, its the hardest one to get:
first you get the kitche assistant outfit, its in a van next to the actual kitchen assistant behind the clocktower
then you enter the clocktower, on the top there is a security guard and a movie crew guy, activate the radio one floor below and the security will investigate, during that time you can knock out the moview crew guy and hide him, when the security comes back you can knock him out, too, giving you access to both of these disguises. as security you can enter the explosive guy room next to the set and there is one guy in there that can be knocked out right next to a box.

Randdalf

yes there is a third bonus mission coming up, it's the reason for the delay for episodic buyers, they can only buy it separately when all three bonus missions are released. you get three bonus missions for the price of one normal mission.

and for the explosive cew outfit, its the hardest one to get:
first you get the kitche assistant outfit, its in a van next to the actual kitchen assistant behind the clocktower
then you enter the clocktower, on the top there is a security guard and a movie crew guy, activate the radio one floor below and the security will investigate, during that time you can knock out the moview crew guy and hide him, when the security comes back you can knock him out, too, giving you access to both of these disguises. as security you can enter the explosive guy room next to the set and there is one guy in there that can be knocked out right next to a box.

I didn't figure out those exact details, but in my run just now I came across
the two guys at the top of the clocktower, and knocked them out, then used the security uniform to pretty much do as I pleased. Thanks anyway!

Foffy

Banned
The movie set is very easy to infiltrate if you use a path that already exists in World of Tomorrow:

Climb the drainpipe behind the gelateria. You can enter the lawyer's office, climb out the other side, climb up to erase recordings, and then get either a film crew or security disguise at the top of the tower.

Afterwards I ended up wandering into an SA from a couple of sabotage spots that were practically unguarded.

Getting the pyrotechnics crew disguise seems quite a bit harder, though... And I have no idea as yet how to get into the target's personal trailer.

Think of the stupidest, direct way of actually getting inside while having some sort of disguise. It works.

Ludens

Banned
I don't know what happened, but the game became unplayable for me.
I played it in the noon and it was ok as usual, now the game crashed twice, and when I'm in game there's stuttering and frame drops everywhere, I checked on Steam community hub and there's nothing related.
EDIT: It seems this happened after I started to save and reload frequently while doing opportunities, can this be the issue?
EDIT 2: I verified my cache and Steam found 163 invalid files, and now it's downloading them again for a total of 350MB.
I will report tomorrow if this solved my issue. Anyway, what you need to do in order to unlock the two hidden achievements?

Jintor

I was just fooling around on the icon when Mr Bigshot happened to wander into the clocktower stairwell without anyone around for whatever reason. Fibre wire to the neck, sucker

Deadstar

Marakesh at night feels really cool, i like the vibe way more than during the day.

price models sucks ass. i don't know what they were thinking

I really like marakesh at night too. As far as pricing, I bought it up front and have had no issues with it. This game is incredible.

I was willing to pay the extra $5-$10 and get the content once it actually, you know, existed. A slight discount for the people willing to hand over $60-$65 for the whole chunk in one go. That was a reasonable proposition.
Now we get to pay $15-20 more for the same thing and wait longer. The lack of an upgrade option for people who bought the first three episodes is terrible too, which honestly isn't something I'd do but it should be there. Combine that with IO's inability or unwillingness to actually let people know any of this stuff beforehand, and you just get a whole lot of people feeling burned.
If I had known that halfway through the episodic release schedule they were going to shit on the people who supported that model of release I sure as hell would have reconsidered buying it.
As somebody who has been on the fence but interested in the game, and who might have jumped in on the episodic model (rather than waiting until all the content has released) after hearing how much care has been put into each mission, watching this game unfold over the months has kept me from far from jumping in.

Its so damn stupid to undermine their own episodic model the way they are.

SomTervo

Bought the game two days ago.

Fantastic stuff. It feels a lot easier than the older games, but I think that's because the mechanics are so refined here and there are so many options/routes in every situation. You can improvise your way out of almost anything.

This becomes moot once you start going for the challenges though. It's amazing - feels like Timesplitters 2 or something with the optional objectives and high replayability. So fun and so much flexibility and a lot more challenge.

My favourite thing is to try and one-life your first attempt at any level. If shit goes wrong, just keep going, improvise through it. On both the proper missions I've tried I've been detected just before killing the second target and had a kind of intense cat-and-mouse chase with the guards before lining an opportunity to pop them in the head and slip into anonymity again. Refusing to actually kill any guards, of course.

So good.

I really like marakesh at night too. As far as pricing, I bought it up front and have had no issues with it. This game is incredible.

Same.

Jintor

My only problem is some stuff is still a little awkward because of controls, like the time I tried to punch out two people but ended up punching out one person and snapping their neck while the other guy shot me a lot

MUnited83

For you.
Can/will the bonus missions be used for Contracts and Escalations? Prefer to replay Marrakesh at night.

They can indeed used for contracts, and they will be used for escalations as well. Just a shame that both levels limit themselves a bit by not having different drop points and spawn points. I hope they look into it. I like the missions themselves quite a bit, but not allowing you to spawn in different places with different disguises and having a couple of places where you can retrieve weapons really makes quite a difference in terms of replayability.

Foffy

Banned
Can/will the bonus missions be used for Contracts and Escalations? Prefer to replay Marrakesh at night.

I assume they may be right now, but I could be wrong.

I know IO said they have no plans on putting out any official content on the Bonus Episode until it is available for all users...

Prurient

Banned
I've said this before but I'll say it again. Wish I had more incentive to do more challenges after reaching level 20. I did do an escalation for the first time in forever but rehashing levels gets "meh" to me after awhile but I love all the new content and try to get that level 20 any way possible.

Wonder if they'll be special unlocks for completing everything...

Just seems like more work to complete more challenges for no incentive but maybe I'm just being a grump.

The OCD gamer in me hates that there is a weapon locked behind TEN escalation completions. It's a fucking machine gun that I won't ever use, but I simply can't not have it unlocked.

Deadstar

Is there really no way to take the bulletproof Icon costume?

Sad to hear this. Could have added some real fun. Maybe give the bodyguards tasers so they can electrocute you. I love how they added the ability to hide challenges you already did. It makes it much easier to focus on the ones you need.

ArjanN

This could have been perfect if you had used the correct suit.

How did you poison the food without anyone noticing?

I wondered that too, but I just did it right now, you just have to make sure no-one is looking directly at you. Same with lock picking a door in public. People can be close as long as they're not paying attention to you.

MUnited83

For you.
This could have been perfect if you had used the correct suit.

How did you poison the food without anyone noticing?

Most of the people around that area are not "true" NPCs, so they dont get alerted or anything of the sort. Just gotta watch the ones that are and make sure they are not looking in your direction.
Furthermore, the window of time where you can get caught while poisoning is now shorter, but at the same time the NPCs also get alerted more quickly, so it evens out.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I wondered that too, but I just did it right now, you just have to make sure no-one is looking directly at you. Same with lock picking a door in public. People can be close as long as they're not paying attention to you.

Most of the people around that area are not "true" NPCs, so they dont get alerted or anything of the sort. Just gotta watch the ones that are and make sure they are not looking in your direction.
Furthermore, the window of time where you can get caught while poisoning is now shorter, but at the same time the NPCs also get alerted more quickly, so it evens out.

Wow, and I thought everyone could notice it.

MUnited83

For you.
Other changes:

Gun aiming now works like it did on the Beta. It's not quite as good as Absolution was, but it's better than what it before. Still have some issues with how it works on controllers but at least now it's not completely impossible to use the sniper half decently.

Running while crouched will no longer make noise and attract attention.

Jintor

holy shit. If I get it done tonight I can pack up my computer and ship it tommorrow and I won't miss this elusive target!

Jintor

Got it done. Can't believe I got away with it and it was messier than I intended, but it worked.

Set off an explosion to put him in alert mode, he and his guards ran to the 'safe zone' hut behind the church, I was hiding by the window and chucked a screwdriver at his head the moment he entered. Unfortunately for whatever reason they heard him and found the body but I managed to evade the guards and exit.

RIP Busey

justjim89

So basically, they added both Busey and Cole in the game and the vote just decided which to assign as a target? Neat. I have a fear that this'll be a tough one. Like Busey and his guards might be more aggressive than standard targets.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Freakin' Busey is dead. Another Sniper kill and I'm starting to find this boring. He didn't eat/drink anything. He just walked around with his guards while talking sometimes funny nonsense. What do they want me to do to get SA? Throw a coin there, shoot there, bump a person here, let off an explosive there and leave a weapon somehwere? For what? To get SA? I'll just snipe his ass and be done with the contract.

Wannabe pope is so far the best elusive target.

Ludens

Banned
Freakin' Busey is dead. Another Sniper kill and I'm starting to find this boring. He didn't eat/drink anything. He just walked around with his guards while talking sometimes funny nonsense. What do they want me to do to get SA? Throw a coin there, shoot there, bump a person here, let off an explosive there and leave a weapon somehwere? For what? To get SA? I'll just snipe his ass and be done with the contract.

Yeah, there's no reason to play it "correctly". This elusive in particular was very boring because you need to wait 10 or more minutes for the target to enter the map. Why should I risk to screw myself by going the SA way? I just tossed a rubber duck, an explosion happened and I killed the target with my pistole while he was behind the church, changed disguise and left the level.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, there's no reason to play it "correctly". This elusive in particular was very boring because you need to wait 10 or more minutes for the target to enter the map. Why should I risk to screw myself by going the SA way? I just tossed a rubber duck, an explosion happened and I killed the target with my pistole while he was behind the church, changed disguise and left the level.
What do you mean? Busey is on the map since the start of the mission.

Ludens

Banned
What do you mean? Busey is on the map since the start of the mission.

Where is he? I wandered 1 hour, I couldn't find him, while finally by googling I discovered the meeting point at the church, but when going around I couldn't find him (while I sually find all targets very quickly).

TheKeyPit

Banned
Where is he? I wandered 1 hour, I couldn't find him, while finally by googling I discovered the meeting point at the church, but when going around I couldn't find him (while I sually find all targets very quickly).

He starts somewhere between church and ICA safehouse. He then walks into the direction of the church. After that he walks to the port where the memorial anchor is. Then he walks to the meeting in front of the church and then he lingers around there walking here and there around the church and port.

MUnited83

For you.

He has the power of invisibility!
spawn on default point, he's next to the the town hall tower

Jintor

It feels like hitman has been designed around modifying the target's behaviour and that's irritatingly difficult to do with most of these elusive targets I feel.

So far my favourite was the cardinal.

Other changes:

Gun aiming now works like it did on the Beta. It's not quite as good as Absolution was, but it's better than what it before. Still have some issues with how it works on controllers but at least now it's not completely impossible to use the sniper half decently.

How did it work in the beta? With a controller, aiming is flimsy as shit for me, end up having to switch to my mouse instead.

Also, subduing people happens almost instantaneously now, barely any button-mashing required.

Top Bottom