• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

For the most part. I haven't tried this during the day at the nearby wine shop.

The wine shop isn't actually open during the day except during elusive #6. And in that case, I tried to get an appropriate disguise from the employee at the glass shop, but I couldn't take his clothes.

UDPs2ez.jpg

Holy shit, that's how exactly how I feel...

wamberz1

Been having a craving for hitman recently, and the elusive targets are really interesting. Still, 70$ is pretty steep. I'm really debating pulling the trigger, and I'm worried because we are already 7 targets in and don't know how many they will continue to make.

Moff

Been having a craving for hitman recently, and the elusive targets are really interesting. Still, 70$ is pretty steep. I'm really debating pulling the trigger, and I'm worried because we are already 7 targets in and don't know how many they will continue to make.

simple: buy the intro pack, fall in love with it, buy the upgrade pack

on a sidenote, killed busey today with the sniper rifle
as I said earlier, disappointing elusive target, especially give how they hyped this up and made it a celebrity elusive, just feels a bit lazy
but the interesting thing about the elusive that for once you actually don't have the "groundhog day" powers mentioned above, and again, when I killed busey and during my escape I really to nervous
this thrill is what makes the elusives a cool feature. I played it safe, failed none so far, but missed the first one

Jeffrey

urgh. not sure if its a bug, but sometimes dino just doesn't drink from the bottle, or even answer any of the questions at all during the q&a, and just walks off and leaves.

😩

urgh. not sure if its a bug, but sometimes dino just doesn't drink from the bottle, or even answer any of the questions at all during the q&a, and just walks off and leaves.

😩

If you're trying to get the guards attention with either a dropped handgun or coin toss (near the water bottle), the crowd will always disperse. Once that happens it cancels the Q&A session and he just walks off.

simple: buy the intro pack, fall in love with it, buy the upgrade pack

on a sidenote, killed busey today with the sniper rifle
as I said earlier, disappointing elusive target, especially give how they hyped this up and made it a celebrity elusive, just feels a bit lazy
but the interesting thing about the elusive that for once you actually don't have the "groundhog day" powers mentioned above, and again, when I killed busey and during my escape I really to nervous
this thrill is what makes the elusives a cool feature. I played it safe, failed none so far, but missed the first one
Elusives do break that Groundhog Day cycle so I'm with ya. The Forger made my skin crawl because I was being hunted and climbing across the building losing mind but I escaped and the weight was lifted off me.

So I love elusives but it's pretty easy to pale duck them and flee.

The next Paris elusive might change my strategy though.

Jeffrey

If you're trying to get the guards attention with either a dropped handgun or coin toss (near the water bottle), the crowd will always disperse. Once that happens it cancels the Q&A session and he just walks off.

was a bug of some sort, i pulled the power on the generator behind him and he drank from the water... :/

so has anyone found a way to kill busy without "cheap" solutions like distracting, sniping or blowing him up? like intended opportunities?

I'm going for an exploding scooter again, just like with elusive #6.

Unlike with that one,
there is a perfect vantage point to shoot the leaking oil from above...

Edit: That is definitely not going to work without
getting him to take two steps further closer to that scooter. Coins don't work on elusive targets... I guess I'm going to have to use a duck just to get him to walk into a scooter explosion?

Ozium

I haven't played in a while and missed the Elusive target with The Twins..

How's the one with Busey? I'll need to try it just because Gary is kewl.

Bonus episodes worth playing?

Roussow

Alright, I feel good about purchasing the whole package now, there's more than enough content there from what I can see.

Anything I should keep in mind going through this thing? I often see with stealth games that people usually have suggestions on having the most optimal experience -- restricting UI elements and the like, or just save that sort of thing for replays?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, I feel good about purchasing the whole package now, there's more than enough content there from what I can see.

Anything I should keep in mind going through this thing? I often see with stealth games that people usually have suggestions on having the most optimal experience -- restricting UI elements and the like, or just save that sort of thing for replays?

I don't personally feel any of the main UI elements compromise the gameplay. Some people claim the ability to see through walls and stuff is cheating but honestly classic Hitman games always had that on the mapscreen anyway, all Instinct does is surface it to a button depression instead of a menu

With that said, I do tend to ignore the "opportunity" guideposts, as they lead you down an A to B to C set of events to pull off various kills. I'll usually listen to the initial dialogue to get a sense for what the opportunity is but decline to "follow it" and figure out the rest on my own

GeeTeeCee

Anyone know what the 4gb update was today? (Xbox)

From the site:

This updates focuses on general stability improvements.
In addition, the updates also adds the following fixes:

- Improvements to the 'Golden Touch' opportunity in Marrakesh when saving/loading.
- Fixed a rare issue causing a crash in Sapienza when taking a bodyguard disguise.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the game to crash when switching between saves in Paris.
- Fixed an issue in Marrakesh that could cause 47 to fall 'out of world'.
- Fixed an issue in 'The Icon' mission that could cause the target to stop moving after loading a save.

I'm going for an exploding scooter again, just like with elusive #6.

Unlike with that one,
there is a perfect vantage point to shoot the leaking oil from above...

Edit: That is definitely not going to work without
getting him to take two steps further closer to that scooter. Coins don't work on elusive targets... I guess I'm going to have to use a duck just to get him to walk into a scooter explosion?

It just dawned on me that I've never one used a scooter leak in this game. I always assumed what would leak would be oil. I always thought it would just create a distraction like a radio or thrown object. Facepalm....

Jeffrey

I think, the biggest knock I have against this game is that, the npc reaction when you do a successful hit is always underwhelming. Really wish they recorded some more dialogue and have some shocked animation rigs, when you kill off seemingly important dudes.

People just stand around like normal, then some dude puts them in a bodybag and the world continues.

Really kills the immersion.

Still don't get why they didn't bring back the Newspaper post mission page from blood money, loved that, even when its weirdly robotic most of the time.

$70? Where are you buying your PC games?

The only thing I would recommend is finding the opportunities in the level the first time through exploration. I sometimes see streamers or videos on youtube just go into the menu during a mission and select to instantly start tracking a opportunity. Don't do that. Find them on your own in your first couple playthroughs.

I think, the biggest knock I have against this game is that, the npc reaction when you do a successful hit is always underwhelming. Really wish they recorded some more dialogue and have some shocked animation rigs, when you kill off seemingly important dudes.

People just stand around like normal, then some dude puts them in a bodybag and the world continues.

Really kills the immersion.

Still don't get why they didn't bring back the Newspaper post mission page from blood money, loved that, even when its weirdly robotic most of the time.
I get the immersion complaints but... If it isn't this, it's something else. It'll never be enough in a game this complex. You kind of have to draw the line somewhere and I am pretty happy with where they have that line. I think they put their focus into the right places with this game.

honestly this game is already complex enough and they are already delaying map releases. Would I like more realistic crowds and more languages/dialog? Sure! But I also don't want them to delay releases to do it.

honestly this game is already complex enough and they are already delaying map releases. Would I like more realistic crowds and more languages/dialog? Sure! But I also don't want them to delay releases to do it.

I also appreciate the fact that old levels are still being revamped in subtle ways, like World of Tomorrow now using the new "generic" type of black-tie bodyguard rather than the blue-tie ones. A lot more variance in facial and hair type with these, too.

Okay, I don't know how you are all getting him to pick up remote ducks, because for me he was just sending a guard to pick it up.

And that was my first failed elusive target.
Having no way to lure him to the leaking scooter from a safe vantage point, I resorted to hiding behind a dumpster up close near another leaking scooter.

This time running away didn't work because the alleys were crawling with extra bodyguards who immediately went on alert.
Well done to IO for actually not letting the same trick work twice.

Honestly, I'm having more fun now that I don't feel like I have to keep up any kind of unbroken elusive streak here. There is no way in hell I'm going through the song and dance of dragging away bodyguards one at a time again, like with #3. I'll just do whatever I want and if it doesn't work, I'll own that.

Jeffrey

I get the immersion complaints but... If it isn't this, it's something else. It'll never be enough in a game this complex. You kind of have to draw the line somewhere and I am pretty happy with where they have that line. I think they put their focus into the right places with this game.

Yeah, still a pretty minor complaint, still though, just having dudes act realistically (npcs taking out cellphones and taking pics for a bit), or something to make it feel like something that'd happened!

Okay, I don't know how you are all getting him to pick up remote ducks, because for me he was just sending a guard to pick it up.
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but they've changed it so that if you use the lethal syringe on a target and it's an unnoticed kill, then the body can be discovered later and it doesn't result in any points penalty (the same as an accident kill). I used that to get silent assassin on this one.
If you trigger a target lockdown, he goes into a little shed behind the church while his body guards stay outside. I remote detonated the pale duck near him (without hurting anyone), and then was waiting (hidden) in the shed when he entered alone.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but they've changed it so that if you use the lethal syringe on a target and it's an unnoticed kill, then the body can be discovered later and it doesn't result in any points penalty (the same as an accident kill).

Thanks for the tip. That's a pretty dramatic change from the syringe being completely useless!

As a consolation prize, I figured out The Icon SA/SO in 3 minutes:
Climb over the barrier to the left as you enter.
Sneak past the guards (very unpredictable without a coin, but you shouldn't waste one here).
Wait for the effects guy to come back near you and sneak past him and the guard. Do not hide in the crate - thanks to its weird positioning, you will not be seen on entering, but you will be seen on exiting.
Sneak into the air pump control area. Keeping as far away as possible from the people behind the nearby wall, wait until Bosco finishes speaking his random lines, then throw a coin behind the guard and the effects guy you snuck past, making sure the guard will pick up the coin.
As Bosco walks past you, garrote him and hide him in the crate. The only place you can hide now is crouching behind the nearby cart, since the guard will turn around shortly.
Sneak past the same guards you passed on the way in, using your last two coins for convenience.
Leave.

Actual time was more like an hour due to the insane timing required.

I have to say, guards seem to have a much wider cone of vision now and can almost see behind them. Plus it's nighttime and their vision is clearly not impaired. It feels a little excessive.

Thanks for the tip. That's a pretty dramatic change from the syringe being completely useless!

As a consolation prize, I figured out The Icon SA/SO in 3 minutes:
Climb over the barrier to the left as you enter.
Sneak past the guards (very unpredictable without a coin, but you shouldn't waste one here).
Wait for the effects guy to come back near you and sneak past him and the guard. Do not hide in the crate - thanks to its weird positioning, you will not be seen on entering, but you will be seen on exiting.
Sneak into the air pump control area. Keeping as far away as possible from the people behind the nearby wall, wait until Bosco finishes speaking his random lines, then throw a coin behind the guard and the effects guy you snuck past, making sure the guard will pick up the coin.
As Bosco walks past you, garrote him and hide him in the crate. The only place you can hide now is crouching behind the nearby cart, since the guard will turn around shortly.
Sneak past the same guards you passed on the way in, using your last two coins for convenience.
Leave.

Actual time was more like an hour due to the insane timing required.

I have to say, guards seem to have a much wider cone of vision now and can almost see behind them. Plus it's nighttime and their vision is clearly not impaired. It feels a little excessive.

I banged out SA/SA for the Icon in about 3-5 minutes:
Run into the alleyway and pick the lock to the basement of the ice cream shop
Go through the door to the right and use a coin to get the security guard inside the door.
Choke him and hide his body in the nearby trunk
Sneak outside, through the barrier, and up the ladder into Bosco's trailer
Hide in the closet, wait for him to enter and turn his back on you
Choke, break neck, hide body
Exit trailer, down the stairs, back inside the building you came out of
Exit stage

Getting seen is slightly wonky near the trailer, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward and easy

Moff

did all the unlocks and achievements for the 2 first summer bonus missions

not absolutely happy with it.
it's good content, no doubt, especially the icon
but it's not enough content.
I expected 2 missions as big as the original missions just with a lot of reused set pieces obviously. but while I appreciate some smaller settings, I do think the pricing is just not ok. it's reused, little content. it took me like 2 hours to do everything I wanted, something that took me 15 to 20 hours in the earlier real missions. it feels like a lazy cashgrab.

I still think those should have been free for everyone who owned the respective original missions. it feels a bit like a ripoff, even if you get 3 of those mini missions for the price of one. this and the bad communication and release model for episodic buyers really leave a bad taste in my mouth. I can't say I loved it.

This film set is genuinely dangerous.

I was standing around waiting for scripted events to happen when all of a sudden someone spontaneously died. I didn't even see how it happened, but it turned out to be the woman examining the green alien prop.

Jeffrey

Are there any good youtube videos of people having successful 'rambo' runs?

I've never ended up successful in gunfights in this game :/

Brad and Dan of Giant Bomb attempted to take out Gary Busey...

Dan:
Threw a knife at Busey and died instantly
Brad:
SNIPED BUSEY FROM THE KITCHEN PANTRY AND ESCAPED, HE FUCKING DID IT! BRAD GOT AN ELUSIVE! PARADE!

Chris R

Brad and Dan of Giant Bomb attempted to take out Gary Busey...

Dan:
Threw a knife at Busey and died instantly
Brad:
SNIPED BUSEY FROM THE KITCHEN PANTRY AND ESCAPED, HE FUCKING DID IT! BRAD GOT AN ELUSIVE! PARADE!
This has been recorded right? Since I'm waiting for the entire game to be finished before I buy it I'm living vicariously through Brad and Dan.

Fury451

Banned
I'm disappointed in myself, but I got it done. Successfully subdued 1 guard, but somehow i got spotted in the building, so I just shot him in the head through the window and ran for the car. Took some damage, 2 star rating, but it's finished. Messy and sad.

Feel skeezy copying Brad's approach (with some streamlining, from the rooftop), but man that was satisfying to pull off. Wasn't here for the first six ETs, but happy to have gotten number 7.

Almost got made from the start, starting in the garden and being immediately spotted by every other gardener, Caruso and his bodyguards at once.

God this game is so good.

Roussow

So I thought I had a handle on things after the first two tutorial missions, boy was I wrong.
So far I've only played the first two maps, but good lord are they substantial. It's straight up overwhelming, the missions have been great -- don't get me wrong, but each of these levels are just so fucking dense. Looking through the challenges I can just see there's no hope for completing all of these challenges, I'd love to see some videos of the perfect run with suit only, that actually sounds impossible.

Moff

So I thought I had a handle on things after the first two tutorial missions, boy was I wrong.
So far I've only played the first two maps, but good lord are they substantial. It's straight up overwhelming, the missions have been great -- don't get me wrong, but each of these levels are just so fucking dense. Looking through the challenges I can just see there's no hope for completing all of these challenges, I'd love to see some videos of the perfect run with suit only, that actually sounds impossible.

you will unlock new starting locations with mission mastery that will make the suit only runs a lot easier

did all the unlocks and achievements for the 2 first summer bonus missions

not absolutely happy with it.
it's good content, no doubt, especially the icon
but it's not enough content.
I expected 2 missions as big as the original missions just with a lot of reused set pieces obviously. but while I appreciate some smaller settings, I do think the pricing is just not ok. it's reused, little content. it took me like 2 hours to do everything I wanted, something that took me 15 to 20 hours in the earlier real missions. it feels like a lazy cashgrab.

The pricing is not ok?

The pricing is zero.

And I really doubt you did everything in 2 hous, The Icon + House on Sand is near equivalent to a single episode. In special House on Sand is pretty replayable.

I haven't played in a while and missed the Elusive target with The Twins..

How's the one with Busey? I'll need to try it just because Gary is kewl.

Bonus episodes worth playing?

Busey is a cool character, lots of crazy lines, though gameplay wise is just as other ET we had, he is a guy patrolling in Sapienza with 2 guards.

The bonus episodes are good. The Icon is a bit too small and limited, but House on Sand is more like a normal level.

I 100% thought the same thing as you, felt super overwhelmed with everything but just play at your own pace and fuck around and save/reload often, with enough time you get really good at memorizing all the game NPC patterns and stuff and end up doing some amazing things.

I rarely complete these kind of games that have tons and tons of optional stuff, but so far I have 100%'d everything (not the two new summer missions) and I am pretty shit at stealth games. A few times I've had to watch youtube videos and learn crazy new shit - like dropping a fire extinguisher near someone, hiding, then shooting it gets you an accidental kill! - but for the most part the game really, really is good at just letting you watch something forever and try things out at your own pace.

Thats one thing I really love about this vs something like metal gear solid 5, in the latter game the clock is always ticking and NPCs won't loop forever. Its more realistic, for sure, but its nice just following an NPC and figuring out his entire patrol and interactions before making your move.

Moff

The pricing is not ok?

The pricing is zero.

And I really doubt you did everything in 2 hous, The Icon + House on Sand is near equivalent to a single episode. In special House on Sand is pretty replayable.

this "bonus" episode has the same price like any other episode, it's not free or bonus, in both the episodic or complete package option.

and I didn't say I did everything in those 2 hours, I did all the opportunities, unlocks, achievements and the most interesting of the remainig challanges, which is what I did in the normal episodes as well, and took me 15 to 20 hours there.

Roussow

I 100% thought the same thing as you, felt super overwhelmed with everything but just play at your own pace and fuck around and save/reload often, with enough time you get really good at memorizing all the game NPC patterns and stuff and end up doing some amazing things.

I rarely complete these kind of games that have tons and tons of optional stuff, but so far I have 100%'d everything (not the two new summer missions) and I am pretty shit at stealth games. A few times I've had to watch youtube videos and learn crazy new shit - like dropping a fire extinguisher near someone, hiding, then shooting it gets you an accidental kill! - but for the most part the game really, really is good at just letting you watch something forever and try things out at your own pace...

Cheers for the advice, I might try and get everything in those two tutorial missions before jumping back into Paris or Sapienza, might be easier to get my head around everything there before branching out into such massive environments.

this "bonus" episode has the same price like any other episode, it's not free or bonus, in both the episodic or complete package option.

But... I read several times people angry because they couldn't buy the bonus episode? o_O

I have the complete package, and sure as hell received as part of it.

Top Bottom