• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

CloudWolf

It feels like hitman has been designed around modifying the target's behaviour and that's irritatingly difficult to do with most of these elusive targets I feel.

So far my favourite was the cardinal.

Yeah, it's really annoying when your target is constantly being followed by two bodyguards and never ever does stuff you can exploit like drinking or eating something. The only reasonably flawless way I can imagine for Busey is camping with the sniper rifle on the top of the church.

How suspicious is 47 to Busey and his guards, I wanna see the full loop/dialogue like I did with the Twins.
Not at all. I walked right next to him his entire path, occassionally bumping into his bodyguards to see if I could at least get them to be distracted that way. They don't get suspicious at all, unless you walk up to them with a weapon drawn of course.

justjim89

Yeah, I haven't played Busey yet, but having every target surrounded by a heard of guards as they patrol is lame. Find different ways of making it challenging. Especially with a target like Gary Busey. Have him run around and change disguises throughout the level or something. Do something fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think the nature of elusive targets and how many they need to make means none of them will be too complex. They can't devote the same amount of time to creating a deeper challenge like main episode targets. So they end up seeming kind of lazy if they can't think of a gimmick that's fun and easy to implement. I liked the twins, the cardinal and the party guy although his AI loop was bugged to only drink once.

They could set disguise or weapon restrictions to make them tougher, but that kind of kills a lot of the freedom. They could have an escalation elusive you have to beat it multiple times to really put the screws in, that would be fun to see who can go five rounds without screwing up.

I'm...really not liking either bonus episode. They feel too constricting and difficult, especially the first opportunity you can track in the Icon. I can't figure out the timing on the last switch I need to hit with regard to the target, and where he is.

Can't wait to try Busey tonight.

I'm...really not liking either bonus episode. They feel too constricting and difficult, especially the first opportunity you can track in the Icon. I can't figure out the timing on the last switch I need to hit with regard to the target, and where he is.

Can't wait to try Busey tonight.
If you're talking about the explosion, it's right after he jumps near the car pile.

This is my GOTY so far. I went ahead to other missions, but I'm still doing the Paris mission in different ways each time.

It seems so similar to past games but so different. The challenges and mastery help but it's just something about how full and alive the levels are and how you and find new things they don't tell you about.

I f'd up the Twins mission but I am so hyped to kill Gary Busy.

tav7623

It took me a few minutes (about 3 to 4) to find him, but I finally spotted him on one of the back alleys. I ended up tossing an exploding golf ball in his general direction in a way where I wouldn't be spotted/caught (accidentally killing one of his bodyguards in the process), followed him to a church where I then snuck up behind him and gave him a lethal injection in the ass (literally :p). Though now after hearing about some of the things he says I'm wishing I could go back and listen/hear all of them cause the only one I got to hear was the one about the reason for not being on set was because he's lost & got all confused due to all the narrow winding cobblestone roads.

Oh sweet, Gary Cole is in this as well. I thought only one of the two would be there as the target.

Wish I had gotten this game soon so I could do stuff like the Cardinal target I didn't play. It's both amazing and terrible that these contracts disappear

Edit: Reading the last page, I'm surprised to hear so many people talk about trying to change the targets behavior and the game being designed around it.

I didn't get that impression at all. To me, the game was designed around learning the target's behavior and adapting to it and using their pattern to kill them.

Of course, I think that's just what makes it so great. Just playing it in whatever way is natural to you and it works.

Jintor

I mean sure learning their behaviour is important but a lot of these elusive targets especially have no low-hanging fruit opportunities for you to off them (which is good imho), meaning you need to engineer a situation where you can get them alone. The problem is figuring out how to do that outside of the main missions is a bit of a clusterfuck right now since I'm still unsure in some ways as to the mechanical responses guards/npcs will give...

Kinda wish there was just a generic "There are eyes on you" indicator or something sometimes.

I wish we'd get an elusive that would pull a gun on you if you startle them.

Got Silent Assassin on House Built on Sand tonight, involved a lot of poison and save scumming but it got the job done.

xviper

just finished the first mission in the summer bonus episode, really amazing work but very short and limited, how does mission 2 to compared to mission 1 ??

is the summer bonus episode is episode 7 ? because if it is then that's really disappointing

Getting a special effects disguise without trouble is kind of fucked. There's no easy one to get I've seen yet on The Icon.

-Attract one from the base of the tower clock inside, through the door
Or, this is is less tricky:
-Get first a police disguise in the entry of the lawyer firm (throwing inside a noise device), or in the back of the pottery shop (throwing a noise device or a weapon from the empty shop nearby), then go to the pottery shop and take down one of the sfx dudes.

Moff

so has anyone found a way to kill busy without "cheap" solutions like distracting, sniping or blowing him up? like intended opportunities?

MUnited83

For you.
Can this be done with a yellow duck at the beginning or is this solution exclusive to those who have two remote ducks?

It can indeed be done with a yellow duck, although it might require a few more tries( he needs to be close enough to trigger the duck, but not close enough to be killed by the duck explosion instead of the car explosion, which is what you want him to be killed by to count as an accident).

Jintor

The only elusive I can recall with a jarringly obvious intended opportunity was the Cardinal with the bell. Maybe the Senator with the wine cellar or the chandaliers.

I was really hoping you could shove busey into the water and drown him, but no luck.

Moff

The only elusive I can recall with a jarringly obvious intended opportunity was the Cardinal with the bell. Maybe the Senator with the wine cellar or the chandaliers.

I was really hoping you could shove busey into the water and drown him, but no luck.

well several or even most had poison opportunities now, but that gets boring as well, the cardinal was indeed the only other one I remember with the bell

I can't believe they made busey such a boring target after all the promotion, I understand they don't need to do every elusive perfect with many opportunities, but come on, they could have done 1 or 2 special scripted opportunities with busy

Calderc

So I just bought the Intro Pack for this and I thought that got you the Elusive Contract missions? It says I need to purchase them.

Jocund

So I just bought the Intro Pack for this and I thought that got you the Elusive Contract missions? It says I need to purchase them.

The Elusive Target for this week takes place in a level not included in the Intro Pack. To have access to the Gary Busey Contract, you need to buy the Sapienza map.

Calderc

The Elusive Target for this week takes place in a level not included in the Intro Pack. To have access to the Gary Busey Contract, you need to buy the Sapienza map.

Ah right ok. Have I completely missed the boat on those then without buying additional packs? Like no more Paris ones?

rdytoroll

Can anyone tell me how the servers are faring nowadays? I wanted to buy it shortly after launch, but heard a lot of bad things. Are there still many disconnects?

Kalor

Can anyone tell me how the servers are faring nowadays? I wanted to buy it shortly after launch, but heard a lot of bad things. Are there still many disconnects?

The servers have largely been fine. I was disconnected once recently but I was able to reconnect immediately.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah right ok. Have I completely missed the boat on those then without buying additional packs? Like no more Paris ones?

There may be future Paris elusives, but you will miss future ones if you don't have the content.

Just buy the full upgrade. Buying episodically is bad news.

Did the thing again where I blew up the elusive target for funsies and then I tried to restart, but you can't do that after you've killed the target. So I quit, which makes you fail.

I've fucked around in Hitman games for over a decade. That's just what you do in these games. It's hard to rein in the instinct and impulses that tell you to throw explosive golf balls at people.

Turns out you can shoot the sink too. With that I got it down to 1:04.

House Built on Sand - SA/SO - 1:04

Also, after a little bit of experimentation, I managed to do a Double Kill with the Pool Electrocution in a House Built on Sand.

Wow they were great.

How no bodies found on the first one? Didn't the target get blown up by the truck? No-one discovered the body afterwards?

Right at the end Body Found flashed on screen? Did it not count as you exited so quick?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Wow they was great.

How no bodies found on the first one? Didn't the target get blown up by the truck? No-one discovered the body afterwards?

Right at the end Body Found flashed on screen? Did it not count as you exited so quick?

First one gets blown up by the car, counts as accident. Bodies found through accidents don't count.

Top Bottom