• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I predict Thailand comes by the 3rd week of August.

No elusive this weekend?

Looks like there's just a new escalation in Marrakesh.

I had a very vivid dream last night of a new mission set at a British university campus. There was an opportunity to get the target to fly a kite and then somehow seed the clouds to start a thunderstorm.

I think a storm would look gorgeous in this engine with this team's art direction, at any rate.

Jintor

Looks like there's just a new escalation in Marrakesh.

I had a very vivid dream last night of a new mission set at a British university campus. There was an opportunity to get the target to fly a kite and then somehow seed the clouds to start a thunderstorm.

I think a storm would look gorgeous in this engine with this team's art direction, at any rate.

i'm still daydreaming of a mission set in E3 where you can kill a target on livestream 'accident'. That might be a bit too far up its own ass though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit, I've forgotten to do two elusive targets in a row.

Moff

So the three bonus missions for the price of a normal episode seems totally fair to me.

well if it's the same like the others it will take me roughly 1 hour and together they are maybe 3 or 4 hours compared to the 15 to 20 of the other real missions
don't forget that those are not just 3 small missions, it's 3 small missions in a recycled, much smaller version of an original level.

now I don't want to bitch about 4 hours of certainly good content for only 10 dollars, it's not about that at all, it's not like I regret it, I would definitely buy it again, I love this game.
I just think it would have been a great move to make them free, I think IO just seem cheap and lazy here when they had a great opportunity to just please the fans. And especially with the fact that they walled this from the episodic buyers for some time just doesn't leave a real good impression on me is all. If we got 3 small original missions I would be very happy of course, but not in that recycled area.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
well that new escalation on Marrakesh is broken. I started as a maintenance guy, tampered with the phone the target is going to use then switched into a shopkeeper disguise but as soon as he dies the AI just instantly know it was me even if I'm the other side of the map. This happens every time. am I missing something here?

https://streamable.com/j0ko

well that new escalation on Marrakesh is broken. I started as a maintenance guy, tampered with the phone the target is going to use then switched into a shopkeeper disguise but as soon as he dies the AI just instantly know it was me even if I'm the other side of the map. This happens every time. am I missing something here?

https://streamable.com/j0ko

Must be a bug with that particular phone? I sabotaged the phone in the northwest nook so that no one could see me, and I had no problems despite having to wait another 5 minutes to set up the second target's accident.

Finally got around to playing the bonus missions, The Icon was alright but I ended up really enjoying the Marrakesh one. Felt nice and enclosed as well as relatively low key, wouldn't mind a bit more of that in later episodes.

Edit: I'm also finding out that the syringe is actually silent now, awesome.

Finally watched GB's QL of The Icon..
I just don't get it. How can two people get through so many missions and still not understand how suspicion works in this game? Or even better: how can they sit in a room for 45 minutes (E3) with the director of the game and still not understand some of the basic game mechanics?

Like.. I feel for the game creators when I watch this. How do you make it more clear to unobservant players like this how the game mechanics work? A more aggressive tutorial that requires you to press buttons to signify that you understand? But then you would upset players that don't need/want such handholding..
Game design seems pretty difficult, guys.

But yeah, I think the bottom line is that I really need to stop watching these...

krpiper

Whats the best way to jump into this? Just grab the $15 pack and then the $10 monthly packs?

Also I have never played a Hitman game but the buzz around this has me intrigued. Anything I should know for a noob?

tchocky

Whats the best way to jump into this? Just grab the $15 pack and then the $10 monthly packs?

Also I have never played a Hitman game but the buzz around this has me intrigued. Anything I should know for a noob?

Since you have not played a Hitman game before I would recommend the intro pack and then the full upgrade pack if you enjoy it.

The only advice I would give you is to take your time and try to avoid firefights whenever possible because you will die quickly and the aiming kind of sucks.

Is anyone getting a stable 60 in Marrakesh?
I fired this up earlier today and was surprised that my 1070 couldn't hit a steady 60 on max settings.

Elusive #8 next Friday

0209b4b7db62dbcfd28cca68c92dbd5cce6a80f8_1_690x387.jpg

https://hitman.com/news/this-week-in-hitman-29-07-2016

I was actually just thinking that there should be an elusive target with a fragile object in play like a Faberge egg. Another fail condition?

wamberz1

This game.
Is so much
fun

Like holy shit, this is the most i've been enjoying myself in a stealth game in a long time. If I have a complaint though it's that the escalation missions with the lasers are fucking stupid and annoying beyond belief.

Tried to kill Busey, accidentally took out my mine and got obliterated by 20 guards simultaneously. Hopefully I do better next friday.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Finally watched GB's QL of The Icon..
I just don't get it. How can two people get through so many missions and still not understand how suspicion works in this game? Or even better: how can they sit in a room for 45 minutes (E3) with the director of the game and still not understand some of the basic game mechanics?

Like.. I feel for the game creators when I watch this. How do you make it more clear to unobservant players like this how the game mechanics work? A more aggressive tutorial that requires you to press buttons to signify that you understand? But then you would upset players that don't need/want such handholding..
Game design seems pretty difficult, guys.

But yeah, I think the bottom line is that I really need to stop watching these...

Brad is often infuriating to watch play games. A game like this is just gonna be worse. Yes it's true that it's difficult to play and speak coherently for an audience, but lots of people do it way better.

The Reziko Conundrum:

Okay, the mine bypass device is being held by the consulate security chief on the rooftop. At the same time, she gains two additional soldiers as personal guards - soldiers who can see through the shopkeeper disguise.

Does anyone actually think it's worth it to jump through the hoops to get the bypass device? Personally, I always forget about mines in the level until I have been blown up a few times, so I'm almost considering it this time around.

Deadstar

Brad is often infuriating to watch play games. A game like this is just gonna be worse. Yes it's true that it's difficult to play and speak coherently for an audience, but lots of people do it way better.

Dan has been playing more on his own now so I think he will understand how the systems work because he'll have more time with the game.

The Reziko Conundrum:

Okay, the mine bypass device is being held by the consulate security chief on the rooftop. At the same time, she gains two additional soldiers as personal guards - soldiers who can see through the shopkeeper disguise.

Does anyone actually think it's worth it to jump through the hoops to get the bypass device? Personally, I always forget about mines in the level until I have been blown up a few times, so I'm almost considering it this time around.

If you start on the same roof, it's a whole lot easier.

If you start on the same roof, it's a whole lot easier.

Well, I did that... And now level 4 is punishing this approach so hard that I should probably rethink the whole thing.

I feel like escalations have gradually developed into three types: "speed" escalations where it's obvious what to do and you're eventually asked to refine the run to under 5 or 3 minutes; "puzzle" escalations where the goal seems nearly impossible and you have to find a solution against all odds; and what I would call "labor" escalations like this one. There is no real trick, but the actual run becomes more and more laborious and you can either accept it or set out to find a better way.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Well, I did that... And now level 4 is punishing this approach so hard that I should probably rethink the whole thing.

I feel like escalations have gradually developed into three types: "speed" escalations where it's obvious what to do and you're eventually asked to refine the run to under 5 or 3 minutes; "puzzle" escalations where the goal seems nearly impossible and you have to find a solution against all odds; and what I would call "labor" escalations like this one. There is no real trick, but the actual run becomes more and more laborious and you can either accept it or set out to find a better way.

Especially when the escalation wants you to use a battle axe in Marrakesh. I didn't even know Marrakesh had a battle axe.

---------------

That new Player Panel survey. I think it took me more than 30 minutes to write everything down.

Thorgal

does Nokvikov only walk up on the stage once to give the speech if sato is killed or does it repeat eventually ?

i wanted to drop the light rig on him but he did his speech while i was killing Dhalia .

did i miss my chance ?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
does Nokvikov only walk up on the stage once to give the speech if sato is killed or does it repeat eventually ?

i wanted to drop the light rig on him but he did his speech while i was killing Dhalia .

did i miss my chance ?

yes he will do it with Sato if he's still alive or by himself if he's missing. The fashion show will end and the lights turn red when it's over. I think he just circles the venue at that point.

Moff

A video that illustrates perfectly how ridiculous it is the way gunshot distractions "work" now : https://youtu.be/URuPgit8s7Y

I just tried to recreate this in the same location with an unsilenced rifle and a silenced pistol and in both cases I got the "crime noticed" alert and was spotted immediately. didn't hit anyone or anything, just shot on the floor. maybe it's a buggy weapon.

Roussow

Yo, no platinum trophy? Episodic games have done this in the past? There's no logistical reason that there should be one, unless content hasn't been locked ahead of time, so that's why they're listing each trophy update as a dlc package? Either way, that's rather annoying -- any chance we get this once everything is out? This game is just perfect for completion, the thing's built around replays.

HussiZooT

So I just got done with Hitman and all the episodes after replaying them all Jason Bourne and Commando style.

The one thing I noticed more than anything, was the environmental destruction and debris. I was playing on the PC version so I dunno how much of a difference is there in the console versions but almost everything not static was destructible in the environment. It made the shootouts feel so much more visceral. And I really liked the gunplay in this. It's super difficult but so satisfying. The blood decals are some of the best I've ever seen and this game seems to have some form of Nvidia Physx as in, when you'd shoot a wall or glass, the pieces of concrete and glass would actually fall out and stay on the floor.

It really made me go all out guns blazing, especially in the Marrakesh level when I was in the embassy.

Did anyone else notice how great the gunplay and the environmental response was in this game?

Edit - Just checked. They don't have Nvidia Physx. Looks like it's their own engine's physics x particles system. Pretty awesome.

Jeffrey

watching the new bourne movie makes me wish there was some pickpocket mechanic in this.

having to knock out a guy to get a keycard seems silly for 47.

dawid

Do you guys use opportunities on your first time playing a new mission? And do you use the full opportunities help or just the hints?

I can't really tell if it make the initial experience of a map better or worse from playing the first two missions. :)

itf56

Got a save on the bonus episode that I'm thinking is uncompletable. It's the one with two targets and some documents. I murdered the first guy at the very start and then ran away then caught the second guy in a bar and offed him. But I don't have the documents and have no way of finding them. Any ideas or shall I just restart?

Top Bottom