• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

etta

my hard graphic balls
sweet, it's a hotel mission!
Aww man, remember that Vegas mission from Blood Money?

latest

So good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Does the game run OK on NVIDIA cards?

Tempted to get it now, sick of waiting for a sale

e: also, already played episode 1 on Xbox, can I get HITMAN™ - UPGRADE PACK [Episodes 2-7] on PC and play OK? Or do I NEED episode 1 too?

anyone?

e: also, already played episode 1 on Xbox, can I get HITMAN™ - UPGRADE PACK [Episodes 2-7] on PC and play OK? Or do I NEED episode 1 too?

can't answer the second question but it runs great for me on my nvida card.

Diancecht

Got a 980ti and it runs around 55 fps at 1440p, everything is maxed except shadows.

Noticed two (new?) rewards from ET, at 10 complete you get Blood Money Suite and at 13 complete you get Signature Suite, only difference i noticed was the tie.

This week's ET wasn't bad at all, I just went for it and used a fire extinguisher in the outside park area (close to the guy who is the head of the KGB), a rubber ducky dropped on the other side of the fire extinguisher means you get an accident, unnoticed kill on the target. Glad to see that mechanism isn't fixed yet, although its funny to see everyone on the first floor run around like panicked chickens afterwards. Egg is pretty easy once you know where it is, they added another guard to the room though.

Got silent/suit on it, wish there were actual rewards for getting more SA/SO ET kills. Right now they are basically just bragging rights and don't give you anything.

In fact wish they had reworked the entire rewards system, so that points you earn in every mission can be spent as currency on bonus items. That would make getting 170k vs 30k in a mission actually mean something.

Moff

my worst performance on an elusive so far, got spotted, even hunted,still made it

I like the objective, simply because it adds a lot more tension if you have 2 tasks and the game is on after you completed the first one and thrill is all elusives are about

You know what was even better? The hotel in Contracts!
They're both excellent missions and showcase the best features of the Hitman series. But yes, I agree that Traditions of the Trade is better.

That said, it seems like this new mission is a resort, not a hotel. So no elevator shenanigans. :(

https://soundcloud.com/theclass_band/the-class-gun-show-providence

God dammit, Jordan Cross is talented as hell.

I don't wanna kill him.

He better be a massive dick like Dino Bosco so I don't feel as bad.

btw is anyone getting like a new age The Cure vibe from these guys.

Who are these musicians IO, I really like this band lol.
Yeah I've been saying it since I heard that song on the VHS tape in Sapienza. Whoever is writing/singing these original songs is very talented.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea where the safe could be. I feel like I've looked in every room.

It's in Dahlia's room on the top floor. It's on the wall next to the door that goes out to where the auction is happening.

remember you need something to open it like a lock pick.

if you follow the guy he does actually say it at one point. He's replying to a text and... every... word... is... like... this... as he's typing it out

Additionally:

There is a key to the safe.

It's on Dalia's desk where her laptop is (the same place as the safe key in The Shapiro Omen).

My first ET mission failed. There's so many ways I could've went about this but once you clear any of the objectives there's no restarting (Plus was aiming for SO/SA). Nabbed the antique and was behind a wall in the garden and security spotted me.

Well, here was how I pulled off Elusive 8.

Started as AV Crew, did the Helmut scenario to bypass upstairs security on the correct assumption the egg would be at the IAGO auction. Knocked out the guard in the Voltaire Suite when I found the safe and picked it for the egg.

After finding The Broker I trailed him for awhile hoping to find a weak link in his routine. Lost patience and just used an Audio Distraction to get everyone's eyes off him and dropped a Remote Explosive at his back while he was staring in the direction of the pinger like everyone else. Got firmly out of sight and blew him up. While I failed Silent Assassin because of this, a kill is a kill. No non-target deaths. 3/5 stars.

Not my proudest, but I pulled it off and certainly did it a lot cleaner than the Busey Massacre last Elusive. Heheheh...

That was my most hilariously bungled run that I still managed to complete.

1. I unlocked the safe with the key, then threw a coin in the bathroom to make the two guards look away while I took the egg. They noticed anyway and I, having had a brainfart, ran to the nearby staircase only to realize that I can't get by the one guard at the bottom. I hid behind the banister until the guards above decided to search elsewhere. Then I ran back up and escaped by drainpipe.
  2. Having picked up a crowbar from the attic, I tried to drop a speaker on the target. He wasn't standing close enough - good job to IO for creating that temptation though.
  3. I went for the "safe" electrocution approach out in the garden. The target never walked into the electrified puddle. Eventually, the wrong person walked by and was electrocuted.
  4. I followed him to the back garden, stood behind a high wall, and shot him in the back of the head. The crime was immediately noticed by guards in the distance but no one saw who did it. I escaped by helicopter.
Worst score yet, but a gloriously suspenseful run thanks to the extra objective.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well that started off great and then turned terrible

Started as AV Crew

Wandered around, found him down at the patio, set the electrocution trap and lured him into it with a coin. "So far so good" I tell myself

Need to get upstairs, where I figure the egg is. Sheikh happens to walk by so I knock him out, take his outfit

Wander into the auction. Maybe Margolis has it? Bid on the meeting, meet her in her office.

Suddenly wonder if there's a Challenge for killing her with the chandelier. Drop the chandelier on her head to find out. Somehow still not suspicious, so I grab the key

THAT WAS APPARENTLY SUSPICIOUS!

Play a game of cat and mouse around the balcony area with the guards until I manage to knock one out and take his uniform. Okay good to go again

Wander around. Find the safe. Unlock it with the key. No-one suspects anything, so I think I'm safe

TAKING THE EGG APPARENTLY PISSES THEM OFF!

Sprint to the helicopter from the 3rd floor and made it out

1 star

TAKING THE EGG APPARENTLY PISSES THEM OFF!

Taking the key is not suspicious - you just hung around a fresh crime scene too long.

Edit: Never mind -
apparently there's one key on Dalia's desk and another key being carried by Dalia. If you take the key from a freshly dead body instead of the key on the desk right beside you...

Taking the egg is clearly marked with the big yellow "!" - I mean, did you see how much it's worth?

This is definitely the best elusive so far. The target's route is the most complex yet, and he's so much more animated and has so many more lines than any other elusive so far. And as we've seen, there are so many more ways for things to go wrong.

Did everyone actually miss the added twist of
the target having a plainclothes bodyguard? I completely missed that guy too - he hangs back much further than the regular bodyguards and completely blends into the crowd. In retrospect, I realize that I shot the target with the bodyguard literally right around a corner.

Wow that was not my most graceful Elusive.

Attempt #1: I accidentally hit the Broker in the face when I'm trying to cancel out my explosive throw.

Attempt #2: I successful drop the duck in front of the Broker but as I was attempting to get the Helmut disguise, got caught by the man himself.

Attempt #3: I successful drop the duck again but as I'm subduing Helmut and changing into his outfit, a guard goes "Hey! You're not the real Helmut"

Attempt #4: Duck was dropped, said fuck it to the Helmut disguise,
shimmed up the green pole to the auction floor, went through the attic, subdued the two guards, idiotically took a bodyguard suit to lose out on SO/SA, retrieve the egg from the safe,
Then I get spotted as I'm going down the stairs by a fellow bodyguard, FUCK.

Run through some doors to hide, find an outside balcony, shimmy off the ledge back down the pole.
Run to the gated exit with the security guards, detonate the duck and success.

Well fuck me, my game crashed after taking the egg. First ET failure. That was a really great Elusive though, although I thought
putting the safe in Dalia's room was a bit lazy. Would have been nice if they made us of another part of the building.

Also, I thought the Blood Money suit was for 10 ETs completed?

Moff

Well fuck me, my game crashed after taking the egg. First ET failure. That was a really great Elusive though, although I thought
putting the safe in Dalia's room was a bit lazy. Would have been nice if they made us of another part of the building.

Also, I thought the Blood Money suit was for 10 ETs completed?

it still is, they added another one for 13 elusives which is the standard signature suit with gloves

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How has D4Danger unlocked the BM suit?

Hoooow?

No idea. Playing on Xbox and it unlocked after I did this et. I thought it was because SA ratings counted as feats so I was now at 11. Is that not it?

edit: I just noticed it says I completed the twin et but I actually failed that because I didn't escape after killing him. It's probably is a glitch then and my SA ratings don't count it was just a coincidence.

ZeroX03

Banned
Elusive wasn't too hard. The egg was easy to get, just clear the room and break in. The target just stood in a hallway for me and didn't move. I waited for the guard to leave, shot him from an empty doorway and walked away.

Also since the latest gameplay patch, it seems running into people is a lot more likely to make them annoyed and focus on you.

Vic_Viper

Is there a glitch during the tutorial mission?

I'm stuck at this bar observing the target on the boat and he just stands there. Been here for like 15 minutes and he doesn't go anywhere.

Lima

Damn this fucking egg was hard to find. A little too hard for my taste with no clues on where to find it really. Or maybe I missed it.

Spent 3 hours on this elusive target with 2 just figuring out where that damn egg was.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a glitch during the tutorial mission?

I'm stuck at this bar observing the target on the boat and he just stands there. Been here for like 15 minutes and he doesn't go anywhere.

I've had this with AI on every map. Usually if you lob something near them or bump into them it breaks them out of whatever routine they're stuck in.

Damn this fucking egg was hard to find. A little too hard for my taste with no clues on where to find it really. Or maybe I missed it.

Spent 3 hours on this elusive target with 2 just figuring out where that damn egg was.

If you followed the target eventually he'll start texting on his phone, reading aloud as he does, that it's stored in a safe on the second floor. Luckily I wandered right into the garden as he was doing it on my first try.

Strangely the game didn't count my crash as a failure. I got the fail screen and it said I had missed it but when I loaded up the game earlier it was back on the main menu with the counter. Success :D

In the preview picture it's on the table in that room (at least I thought it was and was right!). Still, most people wouldn't recognize it!

Is there a time limit for when
they find the missing egg and the whole house goes into alert mode
, or was that caused by my proximity duck accidentally exploding a guard in front of everyone?

Had to haphazard up a way to shoot the guy in the back of the head in the middle of a crowd without being seen. Was real sketchy whether I'd get combated to death on my way to the chopper. But job well done. 0 points.

mattp

the guards on the top floor talk about it
i overheard them say it was in a safe in margolis' room

Is there a time limit for when
they find the missing egg and the whole house goes into alert mode
, or was that caused by my proximity duck accidentally exploding a guard in front of everyone?

I don't think that ever happens.
I got spotted taking the egg, and it only led to "Suspicious" status and a couple of guards briefly searching for me.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How? Blood Money suit is unlocked after 10 targets. There have been only 8 so far, right?

answered above, I don't know. I thought it was because I'd completed some of the elusive targets with SA rating so it was counting that as a +1 towards the 10 needed but apparently that's not a thing so it's probably just a glitch.

The elusive was pretty good,
I did end up having to jimmy open the safe with a crowbar which wasn't ideal. Always bring lockpicks. (ABL)

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, pretty lame the elusive didn't use the stage to hide the Jeweled Egg thing. There were so many good places they could have put it that would have fit in. Just
sticking it in the safe like the other Escalation items that are just put in a safe is super boring. They really should upgrade this stuff and place them somewhere in the map and a few guards around it.

Had a tough time finding the guy and couldn't really get him alone anywhere so I just hid behind a pillar and did a corner headshot. A few guards saw me so I had to sneak through and then run for the helicopter with guards being alerted and shooting at me. Made it onto the helicopter just before getting shot to do and passed the mission. Was fun.

Top Bottom