• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Fucked it

Put the Iconator near the little fountain, but he never went back there. Got spotted taking out a guard as I'd decided to do the egg first, then kill the target and run for it. Saved the situation, then changed my plan again got spotted placing a remote explosive near his path which I intended to lure him to.

Got shot to pieces :(

GotY

Really do wish there was something in between Minimal and Full opportunity options. I'd like a hint as to where to go, but don't like being led straight there. Maybe just highlight the relevant level of the map for your next stage or something.

Jeffrey

finished it with 3 stars. they discovered kugars body lol.

btw: how do you get the Egg without getting people's attention? theres always people in that room i think.

Moff

finished it with 3 stars. they discovered kugars body lol.

btw: how do you get the Egg without getting people's attention? theres always people in that room i think.

the egg is easy and something you can pull of without problems if you have done all the challenges and escalations for paris
you start at the auction, run right over to the attic and climb over to the bathroom next to the egg. from there you can lure out the 2 bodyguards in the egg room and subdue and hide them. very easy and 0 risk

I didn't figure out a way to kill the target properly, though. but I got impatient.

that's great news, I hope they don't even change the engine or anything, just produce content, content, content

Bebpo

Banned
I am the worst st this game. I have only completed one fucking elusive contract!! FUCK!

I am not particularly great/patient, so rather than trying to skilled assassination, I basically just try to find an opening to shoot/stab/throw an axe at their head without hopefully being spotted and then high-tail it out.
If you're failing them constantly, you may be trying too hard. Just throw a bomb at them from a balcony or something and leave!

You know you can restart right? I find it hard to fail when you can just restart as soon as you screw up :D

I feel restarting is cheating in these and gets rid of the whole tension/point of them being one attempt. The only time I ever restart is if I cannot find the target for the life of me.

I feel restarting is cheating in these and gets rid of the whole tension/point of them being one attempt. The only time I ever restart is if I cannot find the target for the life of me.

I'm only playing them because I want the suits with gloves, so with any means necessary.

Randdalf

The safe key is in
Margolis's office

I killed him using the
electrified puddle, so silent assassin, but forgot to erase the security tapes and didn't get the challenge. I used the Sheik disguise to grab the egg, after subduing the guards in the bathroom.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm only playing them because I want the suits with gloves, so with any means necessary.

Yeah, I mean everyone should play it how they want to.

I enjoy the tension of "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" when things go chaotically wrong and I'm trying to finish the mission without dying. My scores are like 10,00 / 200,000 but I don't care about score at all, I just like the fun of it.

...Why throw a bomb when you can drop it from your inventory at their feet?

More fun!

Nah, the "Hello, Goodbye, Kaboom" is more fun any day of the week IMO.

It's my modus-operandi of choice for handling contracts that involve targets who are constantly in public sight.

Saw this on reddit, thought it was pretty funny.

giphy.gif

Foffy

Banned
Man, this attempt at an ET was the worst one going to me. I didn't get SA on the first two due to the wall pacification bug, so this was really the first bad botch, glitches not considered.

The kill went bad, as I planned an explosion and killed somebody else with him. Worse still, when I tried to get the two guards out of the locker room with the egg, I accidentally turned on the sink, causing Dalia to enter, and that basically made this a bit crazy. She then alerted guards, I had to kill her, take her key, get the egg, and then try to leave via the attic to escape via the front door as they all became alerted.

It was some Metal Gear shit, I tell ya whut.

Blam

If the current people browsing don't already know this is the next few maps.

Just some information on the 3 other places I posted earlier. Spoiler is who you are killing if I know it.

Bangkok is at a Mansion on the docks,
You kill someone from a band.

Hokkaido is at the top of a mountain from what I can tell, and you need to kill someone and get out through the escape point.

Colorado, is at an oil refinery? I have no clue about anything else on this.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
You know you can restart right? I find it hard to fail when you can just restart as soon as you screw up :D

I did not realize this!

I have been just doing the mission one time and failing! It is super tense though and I blame myself for not knowing the levels well enough.

Man, this attempt at an ET was the worst one going to me. I didn't get SA on the first two due to the wall pacification bug, so this was really the first bad botch, glitches not considered.

I seriously felt like Wile E. Coyote in this one with how all my traps kept missing the target. These near-misses would not be nearly as memorable on a regular mission.

Foffy

Banned
I seriously felt like Wile E. Coyote in this one with how all my traps kept missing the target. These near-misses would not be nearly as memorable on a regular mission.

Yeah, that escape I had to do at the end was pretty hectic and amazing, in retrospect.

Because the third floor was alerted to an active killer in the area, they actually covered the pathway to the ladder from the attic to the second floor in a way that you needed to distract them. I was legit impressed they did that, as it felt like a scene out of an intense escape scene from a movie. They covered the way out as if they were already taking cover waiting for me.

Yeah, that escape I had to do at the end was pretty hectic and amazing, in retrospect.

I had to run away after
taking the egg, and even though I should have run straight for the balcony drainpipe, I ran for the stairs and immediately trapped myself between the "smart" guard at the bottom and the guards chasing me right behind. Somehow, standing behind the banister made the guards up top neither follow or notice me, and they went to search another room just as the guard at the bottom started noticing me. But now the way was clear for me to run for the balcony drainpipe.

And this was all before the actual assassination. I think I hedged my bets right with the egg being higher-risk.

Almost forgot about this Elusive.. I was only reminded as I was lying down for bed and checking out Twitter. Forced myself to get out of bed and failed miserably on PC by electrocuting myself...
So I booted up the PS4 and tried again, this time executing flawlessly. SA

But man, that first one was embarrassing. I'm going to chalk it up to me being half asleep.

Damnit, thought I had a foolproof plan and execution for this one, but when I killed the target with an exploding fire extinguisher I managed to somehow kill the bodyguard as well, despite them being well away from the target. Still got 156,000 points, but no SA :(

TheKeyPit

Banned
The safe key is in
Margolis's office

I killed him using the
electrified puddle, so silent assassin, but forgot to erase the security tapes and didn't get the challenge. I used the Sheik disguise to grab the egg, after subduing the guards in the bathroom.

I had a similar approach, but the difference is that I got electrocuted and failed this ET.
#@%!

KORNdoggy

Just some information on the 3 other places I posted earlier. Spoiler is who you are killing if I know it.

Bangkok is at a Mansion on the docks,
You kill someone from a band.

Hokkaido is at the top of a mountain from what I can tell, and you need to
kill someone and get out through the escape point.

Colorado, is at an oil refinery? I have no clue about anything else on this.

not sure you have to spoiler tag that second one given the fact it's the basis for all missions and has absolutely zero specifics. lol

phoenixyz

I just failed the elusive target by being incredibly stupid.
Everything was set up, I had already cleared the egg room and opened the safe. And I was in the bodyguard disguise. So now I wanted to fry the dude with the puddle in the garden. And I forgot to turn off the power before exposing the wire ... -_-

TheKeyPit

Banned
I just failed the elusive target by being incredibly stupid.
Everything was set up, I had already cleared the egg room and opened the safe. And I was in the bodyguard disguise. So now I wanted to fry the dude with the puddle in the garden. And I forgot to turn off the power before exposing the wire ... -_-

Welcome to the club.

That socket/puddle is really causing some grief, huh? The Hitman twitter account is full of comments about it.

Mild PSA: If you die in an ET and quit the game ASAP there's a chance it will be available when you load it up again. Apparently, I can't confirm it but I've seen others who've said it has happened to them. Just something to keep in mind for ET #9.

Also, according to the Square Enix Hitman board we're going to start getting some decent updates for Contracts mode, starting with a search/sort feature with Episode 4.

I don't think that ever happens.
I got spotted taking the egg, and it only led to "Suspicious" status and a couple of guards briefly searching for me.
Must've been the guard exploding then. An alarm was blaring inside the house, guards searching it while NPC's were ordered out and just stood around forever. Completely breaks AI routines. Was lucky The Broker ended up to the side of this area rather than in the middle of it.

Jeffrey

yeah there was like 6 people in that safe room when i took it, they stared at me while i jogged outta there, and then people stopped caring after a bit lol.

bald dude just took our priceless egg... k!

Had a harder time finding the broker. Theres like 2 npcs that look almost exactly like him wtf.

ymgve

Messed up. Had managed to get the egg, but I thought being behind the statue near the party area would be enough to hide me choking the target out. Apparently not. Full alert and they all came shooting at me.

KORNdoggy

Messed up. Had managed to get the egg, but I thought being behind the statue near the party area would be enough to hide me choking the target out. Apparently not. Full alert and they all came shooting at me.

this for me too, although i used lethal syringe (honestly, i'm not sure why it alerts everyone when it's such a nonchalant animation. it's almost like you're brushing past someone)

It was for me. Did you notice he had a security guard following very far behind him?

Bebpo

Banned
this for me too, although i used lethal syringe (honestly, i'm not sure why it alerts everyone when it's such a nonchalant animation. it's almost like you're brushing past someone)

Yep. There's no point in a lethal syringe. It's the same as stabbing someone with a knife in terms of visibility. It should be a lot more stealthy but then it'd break the game since you could just walk up to targets and prick them unnoticed and walk away.

Profanity

Yep. There's no point in a lethal syringe. It's the same as stabbing someone with a knife in terms of visibility. It should be a lot more stealthy but then it'd break the game since you could just walk up to targets and prick them unnoticed and walk away.

Actually with the last patch, the lethal syringe counts as an accident kill now, so long as noone sees you stab the target.

Jeffrey

if they are going to do more seasons, I hope they introduce some new mechanics each 'year'. I feel like the current game systems are already pretty much 'mastered' at this point. Just master that distraction or know the best sniping locations, or exploding fire extinguisher etc.

Bebpo

Banned
Actually with the last patch, the lethal syringe counts as an accident kill now, so long as noone sees you stab the target.

Oh, that's cool that it's actually useful now. Basically saves having to hide bodies then. Could be good on some of the escalations where you need to hide bodies quick.

Top Bottom