• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

So... how should I be playing this? Should I completing the same map over and over doing different things, or can I just move on?
First attempt: Trial by fire, I usually just play around and find a way to eliminate the targets without any clues.
Second attempt: I do all the opportunities to get those out of the way.
Third attempt: Stealth run, try to get Silent Assassin on the level (suit only or not, usually not).
Fourth attempt: Just go for challenge completions (usually Straight Shot, Drowning, etc)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So... how should I be playing this? Should I completing the same map over and over doing different things, or can I just move on?

The game is designed to be replayed but if you feel like you've done what you want just move on.

I would encourage you to keep playing though and maybe do the opportunities, challenges or escalation missions to get the most of out the game. It really shines when you get better.

Here's a good video that explains it -> Hitman, and the Art of Repetition | Game Maker's Toolkit

h4T3Nx3.jpg

Bigger.

0hscFuc.gif

Looking at that picture again and seeing those women at the foot of the stairs, all I can hear is the "Rocco!"/"carpets!" voice actor greeting me and immediately ruining the atmosphere.

KorrZ

Would love to see them start adding some additional features along with the new maps. E. G. Why do we still not have a suitcase for large weapons?

Maybe that's something that we'll see for season 2.

I finally had an idea for a contract, only to be forced to discard it on the publication screen due to losing server connection.

And now I can't seem to redo the contract without screwing up some way or other.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Would love to see them start adding some additional features along with the new maps. E. G. Why do we still not have a suitcase for large weapons?

Maybe that's something that we'll see for season 2.

That's one feature I'd like. I'd also really like to be able to carry poisoned food and offer it to people in certain disguises. Sure it would make certain kills easy, but no easier than remote explosives already do

Lima

Can anyone copy and past the patch notes? The site is bugging me about age verification and never actually goes through once I enter anything.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Can anyone copy and past the patch notes? The site is bugging me about age verification and never actually goes through once I enter anything.

Misc Improvements
•Loading screen indicators have been updated to behave in a much more consistent manner

•Story and Mastery pages now highlight your most recently unlocked section by default

•More loading screen tips have been added to the game

•A patch notes tile has been added to the top left section of HITMAN’s featured menu. Selecting this tile will open the game’s latest patch notes in your web browser.

•The Square Enix Membership tile is now removed once you have linked HITMAN to your Square Enix Membership account

•It is now possible to navigate any tiles that scroll in the featured menu, using left and right triggers/mouse wheel

•Challenges from challenge packs are now grouped together

•Elusive Target challenge images have received minor visual updates

•Checkmark and forward/back UI menu elements have had colour/transparency consistency improvements

•Should you experience a disconnect while in an in-game menu, you will now be provided with the opportunity to reconnect before leaving the session.

•Stability improvements have been made to launching contract missions

•General performance optimisations have taken place

•Additional stability improvements have been made to backend servers

Fixed Issues
•“Not in the Guidebook” achievement can now be earned when opportunity notifications are turned off

•End of mission scores now correctly reflect any non-target kill penalties incurred

•Some rare occurrences of NPCs choosing to stop in a single location, rather than continuing to walk along their way, have been fixed

•A bug that sometimes prevented players from saving their created contract has been fixed

•Various localisation improvements have been made to Achievements and Trophies

•Paris - Fixed an issue where Sato does not react after save/load

•Sapienza - Fixed an issue where NPCs could be trapped inside stairs if subdued

•Fixed a clipping issue that occurred when subduing enemies from cover

•Fixed a rare occurrence wherein which an NPC would ignore a thrown prop

MUnited83

For you.
For future levels and games, there should really be more creative ways for sniper players to hide bodies from far away.

You would think that with your first target,
shooting him from behind should make him fall forward over the railing and auto-hide the body

Yeah, that would be neat. More accidental contraptions that you could snipe from afar would be nice too (like the church bell). The only thing that comes slightly close is sniping the dudes that are close to the water and there's like just one person there where you can reliably do it without being seen.

KorrZ

That's one feature I'd like. I'd also really like to be able to carry poisoned food and offer it to people in certain disguises. Sure it would make certain kills easy, but no easier than remote explosives already do

That would be cool, I also don't think being easy is really an issue for this game. The opportunities if followed already make kills shit simple. This game is all about your own creativity so the more options, the better!

xviper

i have been waiting for a Hotel mission since Hitman 3's hotel mission, i hope it's as fun as the one in Hitman 3, i just loved taking that shotgun and kill every single person in the hotel, that was the best mission in any Hitman game, i'm super hyped for this new hotel mission, hopefully it doesn't disappoint me like sapienza and marrakech missions

ymgve

I wonder how open it will be. It would be kind of insane if you could enter any hotel room, but that's expecting a bit too much (Though Paris didn't have a single locked door as far as I can recall). As long as it's more open than the Blood Money one, I'm more than satisfied.

I spent a while today wrapping up A House Built on Sand. What a great level - so much variety, yet everything ties together.

Some nice touches:

Drop the F-Bomb is one of the best reasons to play with challenges set to Minimal. Very satisfying to figure it out yourself from the clues.

I notice that personal bodyguards are now coded to stop anyone from following a sick target into a bathroom. Has this behavior been retroactively added to previous levels, or is this just raising the difficulty from here on out?

The
secret exits
are so well-hidden I thought they were bugged. Did anyone find these by chance?

NIN90

Question about Sapienza:
How do I make Francesca go to the fire place outside and use the pack of cigarettes? I can't find a trigger. Or is that one for the other dude?

Question about Sapienza:
How do I make Francesca go to the fire place outside and use the pack of cigarettes? I can't find a trigger. Or is that one for the other dude?

That one's for the other dude,
Francesca's is upstairs in the middle of the room that has the big TV and fireplace with multiple guards and cleaning staff hanging around

Mathi

I usually don't pay any attention to this exclusive content stuff, but any chance the Sarajevo Six missions will be available as dlc on PC later on?

that sarajexo six target, too. I play on steam so I'll never play it, though.
Damn, I guess that answers it.

Moff

I usually don't pay any attention to this exclusive content stuff, but any chance the Sarajevo Six missions will be available as dlc on PC later on?

Damn, I guess that answers it.

I don't think they ever made a statement on that, but I doubt it.
Wouldn't that be unusual?

Mathi

I guess it would be unusual. As I said, usually exclusive content doesn't interest me, because most of it is worthless, so I don't know how this stuff works out and if these exclusivity deals ever end. But I would buy this in heartbeat.

I feel like I'm going to like this a lot better than Marrakesh. I didn't hate Marrakesh. It just didn't have that wow factor for me like Sapienza did.

This is probably an unfounded fear, but I have the slightest apprehension that it's going to be too similar to Paris (i.e., a big square building with a path leading up to it).

Moff

This is probably an unfounded fear, but I have the slightest apprehension that it's going to be too similar to Paris (i.e., a big square building with a path leading up to it).

I feel the same to some degree.
the music video showed a temple and some bungalow style resorts, I hope they are still in and it's not only the square

I was also kind a hoping for some red light district finally, Thailand seemed to be suitable for that, but that's obviously off the table

Speculation: Ok so The Class released Gun Show and Are We Stars but never have released Providence as their third single. I wonder if Providence has some like secret message to terrorist or Crystal Dawn and 47 has to stop Jordan Cross from recording Providence and that's why he needs to be eliminated? Like maybe Jordan Cross is apart of Crystal Dawn or whatever evil organization we're against here.

I need to check those write ups that guy on reddit did.

Speculation: Ok so The Class released Gun Show and Are We Stars but never have released Providence as their third single. I wonder if Providence has some like secret message to terrorist or Crystal Dawn and 47 has to stop Jordan Cross from recording Providence and that's why he needs to be eliminated? Like maybe Jordan Cross is apart of Crystal Dawn or whatever evil organization we're against here.

I need to check those write ups that guy on reddit did.

With less than 24 hours to go, throwing out my speculation (which is going to be proven or disproven immediately with the mission briefing anyway):

Jordan Cross's lawyer is a Herald of Providence, and was responsible for clearing Cross of wrongdoing for his girlfriend's death. In exchange, Jordan Cross is now doing Providence's bidding. However, the girlfriend's family learned whatever really happened (thanks to that mystery guy leaking secrets behind the scenes) and wants them both dead. The ICA only knows this side of the story.

As for how Jordan Cross songs can possibly serve Providence's interests... I got nothing.

With less than 24 hours to go, throwing out my speculation (which is going to be proven or disproven immediately with the mission briefing anyway):

Jordan Cross's lawyer is a Herald of Providence, and was responsible for clearing Cross of wrongdoing for his girlfriend's death. In exchange, Jordan Cross is now doing Providence's bidding. However, the girlfriend's family learned whatever really happened (thanks to that mystery guy leaking secrets behind the scenes) and wants them both dead. The ICA only knows this side of the story.

As for how Jordan Cross songs can possibly serve Providence's interests... I got nothing.
That a solid evaluation. btw I have the song wrong, the last single left to be released is Shine A Light.

I'm setting opportunities and challenges to minimal. I want a challenge.

I know this may have been asked a thousand times already, but I just bought this and I am a completionist for games I enjoy (this is one of them) can I not get elusive targets at all? I can't see a way to activate them, do you guys know how?

Cheers

I know this may have been asked a thousand times already, but I just bought this and I am a completionist for games I enjoy (this is one of them) can I not get elusive targets at all? I can't see a way to activate them, do you guys know how?

Cheers

Elusive targets are only available for 48 hours, unfortunately

Cheers
If you're lucky they will reopen them later... perhaps when the full version is released.

A lot of people have requested to at least be able to replay them.

Elusive targets are only available for 48 hours, unfortunately

Will they rotate or something? It seems slightly unfair that I am locked out of content - especially something as cool as the blood money suit - because I didn't get the game day one. Theyre in the menu and nowhere does it suggest I wouldn't be able to find these targets on a map etc...

EDIT: Thanks for the other reply, guess I will just have to cross my fingers then!

That small grudge aside I am loving the game!

Will they rotate or something? It seems slightly unfair that I am locked out of content - especially something as cool as the blood money suit - because I didn't get the game day one. Theyre in the menu and nowhere does it suggest I wouldn't be able to find these targets on a map etc...

EDIT: Thanks for the other reply, guess I will just have to cross my fingers then!

That small grudge aside I am loving the game!
you'll may still be able to get my it.. suits unlock if you beat any 5 and 10 targets.

and yes welcome to hitman haha.. the game is incredible but their handling of who gets what content has been terrible (people who bought every episode were locked out of the bonus content). Still... it's worth it! Game is incredible.

Moff

According to the official page

Episode Four Release Timings
HITMAN: Episode 4 Bangkok releases worldwide across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on August 16th at 13:00 CEST / 4AM PDT.
It should be live now.
is it?
on steam, too? i will not go home before it is, haha

Top Bottom