• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NIN90

Is it just me or does the "Preallocating" step take forever whenever this game updates on Steam? This is on an SSD too.

Moff

Do we have any confirmation that episode by episode buyers get the summer pack with this?

we have confirmation that episodic buyers will NOT be able to play the summer pack with this

the summer pack will be playable for episodic buyers as soon as the third bonus episode is reased. at this point the bonus episode pack can be bought separately.

we have confirmation that episodic buyers will NOT be able to play the summer pack with this

the summer pack will be playable for episodic buyers as soon as the third bonus episode is reased. at this point the bonus episode pack can be bought separately.

?

The bonus episode pack will be available later when the next bonus episode content hits. It will be available as a separate DLC pack for $10
Got it, thanks. That's kinda shitty and I wish they had been more open about that beforehand.

Jb

Damn the 1.13 patch is 6.5GB? I wonder what it changes.
Let's see if they manage to top the Las Vegas hotel from BM or the one from Contracts :)

MUnited83

For you.
Man, I really dislike the way they do the patches. While the downloads themselves are not that big, the patches on steam basically "build" the whole game all over again with great gigantic files. I have the game on a SSD, had like 30GB of free space and I couldn't download this 8GB patch because of that, which is ridiculous. Had to delete the game and download it again :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Ugh do I want to download this now or just save money and buy the full package when it's on sale. Spending $75 on the full game sucks.

NIN90

Man, I really dislike the way they do the patches. While the downloads themselves are not that big, the patches on steam basically "build" the whole game all over again and great gigantic files. I have the game on a SSD, had like 30GB of free space and I couldn't download this 8GB patch because of that, which is ridiculous. Had to delete the game and download it again :/

Yup it's terrible especially for a game that updates so frequently. It's too bad that this game in particular improves massively by running off an SSD, otherwise I'd just leave it on my regular HDD.

MUnited83

For you.
Seems one of the unlocks is a silenced shotgun lol.

Gave in and purchased, I'm part of the problem.

The main thing I disliked about Marrakesh was the warzone backdrop, so I'm looking forward to playing without it.

Yeah, it's quite neat. There's a lot of cool opportunities and stuff to do. It's small and condensed and benefits from it. It's a nice palate cleanser from the bigger levels for sure. The only issue I have with it is that you only have one spawn location and one equipment drop location, which somewhat limits your approach. Would be neat to have a couple points where you could spawn with disguises and have equipment hidden in severla points of the map.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Okay this is really good.

so far I've found out
the band has a replacement drummer that looks like 47 that they've never met.

Lol, so the target is Jared Leto.
eeYb.png

Just finished the level, good stuff. Though conversations seem glitchy. They have a tendency to cut out randomly.

Jb

How big is the level in scale to the others so far?

Similar to Paris I'd say, maybe a bit smaller since you don't have the gardens and stuff (that I've seen).

The level is insanely beautiful. I loved just wandering from room to room simply looking at the furniture and the NPCs. From a level design point of view it seemed pretty straightforward. Nothing crazy imaginative or unexpected, although I probably missed a bunch of stuff in my first playthrough. It's a real shame that the music stays the same from mission to mission, especially considering it's not that memorable to begin with.

Lima

Damn this level is gorgeous.

One for he first conversations I listened to are the two guys that talk about being smart and shit. Then after a while says making this country great again. IO Interactive Trump supporters confirmed 🤓

Moff

not super impressed after the first try, where I didn't really do anything special and only explored a bit on my own and killed the 2 targets with simple headshots when they were alone

someone mentioned here I think after sapienza already that this hitman seems to be very tame.
where is the exciting stuff? the fun stuff? the striclubs? the crazy stuff?
this hitman seems a bit too realistic to the brink of boredom. bangkok feels small, lifeless and honestly a bit boring.
maybe my standards are simply too high after paris and sapienza, I'll certainly have a better opinion after I've done more opportunities and challenges and have seen what the level has to offer, but that's my first impression.

at least it's legit beautiful and the unlocks seems to be really cool. I hope the
explosive cellphone
works as I think it does.

not super impressed after the first try, where I didn't really do anything special and only explored a bit on my own and killed the 2 targets with simple headshots when they were alone

someone mentioned here I think after sapienza already that this hitman seems to be very tame.
where is the exciting stuff? .

I mean, if you want to take targets out in the most boring way imaginable and then turn around and ask "where's the excitement?" then I think it's on you man.

Moff

I mean, if you want to take targets out in the most boring way imaginable and then turn around and ask "where's the excitement?" then I think it's on you man.

Yes, that's why I mentioned I'll surely like it more after I've done some opportunities. but as you can see I was more talking about the settings and locations, they all are very tame so far.

Yes, that's why I mentioned I'll surely like it more after I've done some opportunities. but as you can see I was more talking about the settings and locations, they all are very tame so far.

I guess the older Hitman games were more... baroque in their art and design. Characters were wildly exaggerated, levels looked theatrical in their design, stories were sensationalist and ripped-from-the-tabloids.

This game definitely looks more naturalistic and less intense. I think people have mentioned that 47 actually looks like a real human being for once.

TheKeyPit

Banned

this hitman seems a bit too realistic to the brink of boredom. bangkok feels small, lifeless and honestly a bit boring.
maybe my standards are simply too high after paris and sapienza, I'll certainly have a better opinion after I've done more opportunities and challenges and have seen what the level has to offer, but that's my first impression.

at least it's legit beautiful and the unlocks seems to be really cool. I hope the
explosive cellphone

Besides stripclubs and a red light district, what would you do for a crazy/fun/exciting map? A mission on the moon, in an underwater facility, a floating pirate ship? What is crazy to you?

Meneses

Just finished my first run.

I tried an opportunity, but it either bugged out or I couldn't find out how to get the last step:
It was the microphone thing. I replaced it, did the mixing, the voltage, etc. and then the producer said we're just waiting for the singer to come, but he never did and he was just pacing upstairs looking at his phone.

I had no idea how to get him to move, so I just drew him to his room and boringly snapped his neck.

For the lawyer guy, I led him to his room, cleaned some stuff which was kinda amusing, got rid of the bodyguard and then him.

Overall, the level feels quite small but there seems to be some neat stuff to do. I'll reserve my judgment until I mess around with it a bit more; right now I can't say i'm super impressed, but there could be some fun stuff ahead.

ArjanN

explosive cellphone

I made 47 play a sweet drum solo and then shoved a hipster through a plate glass roof.

Moff

Besides stripclubs and a red light district, what would you do for a crazy/fun/exciting map? A mission on the moon, in an underwater facility, a floating pirate ship? What is crazy to you?

to give some examples of previous hitman games:
the playboy mansion
the heaven and hell club
the theater
the english mansion

those are exciting locations, you know immediately you'll get something special

I did not see that in marrakesh and bangkok, they are tame and boring

Shaanyboi

Banned

explosive cellphone

Stripclubs are the "fun exciting stuff?"

Top Bottom