• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh man the background conversations in this game are so incredible. They're just so inane but pushed to the degree of ridiculousness. Recently when I was doing the Busey hit I came across the guy in Sapienza arguing on the phone about a package being delivered, and in this level my favorite so far by far is the dude with the "eleventh fastest growing tech company in San Francisco"

The Technomancer

Marrakesh's actual map design is for the most part pretty good, my problems with it are that from a security and disguise perspective there's basically one approach to get into the school and maybe two to get into the embassy. Its the one I've spent by far the least time just doing the regular targets over and over on

Yeah, the problem with Marrakesh is that both major buildings are completely enclosed except from the front. They're not designed to reveal new things when approached from different angles of attack.

Oh man the background conversations in this game are so incredible. They're just so inane but pushed to the degree of ridiculousness. Recently when I was doing the Busey hit I came across the guy in Sapienza arguing on the phone about a package being delivered, and in this level my favorite so far by far is the dude with the "eleventh fastest growing tech company in San Francisco"

I think that guy is actually scripted to still be talking every time you run by. It's great.

But the most memorable examples are when people are talking about inane things while you're trying to do something - like in night Marrakesh when you want to lure the snail vendor into the alley, but there's a woman right there rambling about if all the people in China could knock the planet out of its orbit.

The Technomancer

I think Marrakesh would benefit greatly from a difficult to access (maybe locked) staircase in the back of the embassy. To my knowledge currently there's no way to make it onto the second floor without going past the checkpoint right?

I think Marrakesh would benefit greatly from a difficult to access (maybe locked) staircase in the back of the embassy. To my knowledge currently there's no way to make it onto the second floor without going past the checkpoint right?

But there is a staircase to the upper floor in the back...

And you can go right up that way as a janitor, without suspicion.

Diancecht

Ha! Definitely amazing. The
close up on his face
made me laugh so hard.

Face of a killer. Truly a master hitman.
clipboard0110ufv.jpg

Deadstar

I think it's safe to say that Hitman is the game of the year so far. It's just too good. Helmut Kruger, Sapienza, spaghetti cans. It's just all too amazing.

megalowho

I think it's safe to say that Hitman is the game of the year so far. It's just too good. Helmut Kruger, Sapienza, spaghetti cans. It's just all too amazing.
It's definitely in my top 3 at least right now, which I did not expect at all. I keep coming back for more. The emergent moments, the scripted content, the amount of challenges, the writing and sense of humor, it all just clicks for me. Poking around Thailand for the first time now and it seems like a solid addition, my first episodic drop since picking the game up last month.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I was thinking about it... how fucking crazy would it be to have an elusive target that was another Hitman? Like not multi-player (though that could be fun...), but you open a shed and see a gardener knocked out, then you start staking out the gardeners and see one acting suspicious or something.

I was thinking about it... how fucking crazy would it be to have an elusive target that was another Hitman? Like not multi-player (though that could be fun...), but you open a shed and see a gardener knocked out, then you start staking out the gardeners and see one acting suspicious or something.

That would be cool to see.

got my level 20 mastery in Bangkok, probably my least favourite level, it just didn't really feel like there was a lot to do in the level and I thought there was way too much bullshit involved in just getting around the hotel which made replays kind of annoying. The unlocks seem nice though, I'm interested in how the exploding cell phone can play out in other levels and the sniper you get seems pretty good.

There were definitely some assassination highlights though
knocking out the entire lobby with the insecticide
Tuk Tuk explosion
Smothering him in the cake
Obviously the drum solo

Went back to the yacht level to replay Thomas Cross's conversation. Another man there plans to introduce him to a group in London who are looking for "men of ambition."

Presumably we are actually looking at a moment in the formation of Providence here (albeit reenacted by stand-ins).

How do I get into Room 207?

Get the master keycard from the basement linen room.

BlackJace

Went back to the yacht level to replay Thomas Cross's conversation. Another man there plans to introduce him to a group in London who are looking for "men of ambition."

Presumably we are actually looking at a moment in the formation of Providence here (albeit reenacted by stand-ins).

Get the master keycard from the basement linen room.

Master key card in the basement
or just wait, the woman comes back.

or blow the door open with a fire extinguisher like I did.

LOL

Kudos, guys.

Wow I'm impressed I figured out the Oh Snap! assassination on my own.

I did that one just now, with no suspicion that it would be anything special. That was great.

Bangkok just makes me want to slow down and take my time exploring more than any other level. Paris, Sapienza, and Marrakesh all had huge parts of the level that had no obvious connection to the story and the targets. Here, you can methodically go through the place room by room, and any room could have something relevant in it.

Better yet, there are specific things I know I'm looking for, and they could be anywhere. That's why the search is fun.

Edit: The Son of Siam featured contract is worth doing. The targets are about as simple as it gets, and it's tight enough to easily speedrun - I got 7th place tonight but that won't last long.

Is the Oh Snap challenge
knocking the lawyer out with the insecticide and then snapping his neck?
I tried that and it didn't seem to work.

NIN90

You can get them both together if you take the left-most path from the default entrance until you come to the alley leading into the school (armed guards at the end, people talking about the Headmaster). Just to the left of the power source is a screwdriver & wrench.

You could also check these amazing fan-made maps.

Oh damn I kinda liked the part where I jotted down notes for each level but this might change things...

ymgve

I really wish XP didn't cap out at level 20. Feels a bit worthless getting all the challenges/escalations after you've already mastered a level when it's just ticking off boxes and there's no reward for 100% completion.

Dalibor68

Banned
Not sure how much I like Bangkok so far.

The outside area feels kind of lacking. Which results in there not being a proper sniper spot. Also they could've added a small jungle area or something for varietys sake.

The hotel itself is nice but also feels kinda "empty" in some places. It has a bit of "been there" feeling because it's a bit similar to Paris imo. The mastery unlocks also feel kind of unnecessary. Why would I need all those item drop locations? Why that machete? the same Jaeger 7 but with a tiger camo? I feel like they blew their load early and now are struggling to come up with new unlocks. The phone is cool I guess.

Overall really mixed feelings atm. I really hope the next level we get won't be another single tall 3-4 story building. Mix it up a little. I miss the "focus" of blood money missions like the playboy party/heaven&hell/sanitarium.

I really wish XP didn't cap out at level 20. Feels a bit worthless getting all the challenges/escalations after you've already mastered a level when it's just ticking off boxes and there's no reward for 100% completion.

Also this. Why are they not adding different new suits, weapon customization etc while increasing the ranks? That would give more depth and motivation.

First run of Bangkok done, thought it was good overall but it does have its flaws. It certainly felt like a significant step up in difficulty, the lack of 'pedestrian' NPCs coupled with the (over)use of the 'enforcer' enemies (dudes who can see through disguises) made it particularly tricky to move around without getting spotted. Felt a bit like an Absolution level, with a lot of enemies crammed into a fairly close space. Whether I'll find it so difficult on future playthroughs time will tell, but I definitely found it more difficult on a first playthrough than the other 3 levels.

I would have liked it if the hotel felt a bit more normal. Traditions... & House of Cards both felt like actual hotels but Bangkok really just feels like a hotel building being used for something else. The disguises and 'rules' of a hotel won't get you very far. Would have been better if the band were just staying at the hotel whilst they were in town to record at a different studio, and the rooms dedicated the studio & penthouse were just more hotel rooms.

So yeah, Sapienza is still the best level so far followed by Paris, but I wouldn't put Bangkok much further behind it.

Also Jordan Cross is so obviously meant to be Jared Leto, which is made funnier by
the Batman/Bruce Wayne reference in the intel description of him.

The fact that they've just reused the music from Paris really pissed me off though. Actually turned the music off for this episode because it kept distracting me.

Man, the Happy Birthday Cake assassination made me feel bad.
The option where you can
smother him.
, I did it in front of the whole crew and it looked really suspicious...I thought 47 would make it at least look playful. Then again, I bet if I waited, he would have been alone and it could have been SA.

Also is there a backstory to the
Stalker
character, I wonder if you could set up a meeting between him and Cross. Hope he's not a Mark David Chapman type though...

The Technomancer

I think where I'm landing is that while it feels like there's not much to do outside of just the opportunities on this map, I think it has a lot of potential for Elusive Targets

First run of Bangkok done, thought it was good overall but it does have its flaws. It certainly felt like a significant step up in difficulty, the lack of 'pedestrian' NPCs coupled with the (over)use of the 'enforcer' enemies (dudes who can see through disguises) made it particularly tricky to move around without getting spotted. Felt a bit like an Absolution level, with a lot of enemies crammed into a fairly close space. Whether I'll find it so difficult on future playthroughs time will tell, but I definitely found it more difficult on a first playthrough than the other 3 levels.

I would have liked it if the hotel felt a bit more normal. Traditions... & House of Cards both felt like actual hotels but Bangkok really just feels like a hotel building being used for something else. The disguises and 'rules' of a hotel won't get you very far. Would have been better if the band were just staying at the hotel whilst they were in town to record at a different studio, and the rooms dedicated the studio & penthouse were just more hotel rooms.

So yeah, Sapienza is still the best level so far followed by Paris, but I wouldn't put Bangkok much further behind it.

Also Jordan Cross is so obviously meant to be Jared Leto, which is made funnier by
the Batman/Bruce Wayne reference in the intel description of him.

The fact that they've just reused the music from Paris really pissed me off though. Actually turned the music off for this episode because it kept distracting me.

Honestly, enforcers everywhere is probably for the better.

In the first three maps a small handful of easy to grab disguises could get you everywhere without issue, like Helmut Kruger who had access to the entire Paris map and immunity to security checks.

Here you have to be willing to constantly swap disguises to fit in the precise part of the hotel you want to be in, or outright revert to your suit for total freedom of movement in the non-staff areas otherwise guarded by White Dots who would spot you in a second. It creates a much more dynamic playspace that requires cunning on the player's part.

As for it being a hotel used for something else... That's the entire premise.

MUnited83

For you.
The option where you can
smother him.
, I did it in front of the whole crew and it looked really suspicious...I thought 47 would make it at least look playful. Then again, I bet if I waited, he would have been alone and it could have been SA.

Also is there a backstory to the
Stalker
character, I wonder if you could set up a meeting between him and Cross. Hope he's not a Mark David Chapman type though...
I poisoned him with the cake. Last thing dude says is "Dad?" and drop dead. Dufe dying with his last breath being him thinking his Dad just killed him felt more brutal than many of the other assassinations lol.

I poisoned him with the cake. Last thing dude says is "Dad?" and drop dead. Dufe dying with his last breath being him thinking his Dad just killed him felt more brutal than many of the other assassinations lol.

Either I'm crazy, but wasn't that
essentially the Dad's plan to a certain extent. At the very least he planned on ruining his career so he'd stop being an embarrassment to the family.

Top Bottom