• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

justjim89

How do I get this bastard to sing?
I swapped the mics, upped the voltage, but he never touches the stand.

Also curious what's up with the USB drive option for the laptop and the Wait for Cross option in his room.

Moff

How do I get this bastard to sing?
I swapped the mics, upped the voltage, but he never touches the stand.

Also curious what's up with the USB drive option for the laptop and the Wait for Cross option in his room.

you need find the right audio mix combination for him to start singing, it's a minigame

How do you get it?
I stumbled upon it accidentally, but here's how it went for me:
After exploring the map and discovering most of the opportunities, I settled on the insect exterminator one. I got to the point where Jordan Cross was coming down from his room to the lobby, but it just so happens the lawyer was also walking in the same area. Jordan runs over and immediately starts arguing with the lawyer. The opportunity I was doing failed. I went over to watch the two of them talk,and was tempted to just headshot the two of them right there, but decided I try another opportunity instead. I left the two targets to argue, and went to explore a bit more. After a while of just walking, I suddenly got the pop-up for eliminating the lawyer, followed by the challenge "Oops I did it again." I was pretty confused, but judging by the name and the fact that the two were arguing, my guess is that Jordan threw the lawyer off the roof. To get the challenge, my guess would be that you need to have the two cross paths.

Moff

Surely you're kidding, right? Where do I even do that? The soundboard has a prompt that's grayed out saying "No jam session in progress."

you found the prompt, obviously there is something to do there at the right time with the right disguise :p

Here you have to be willing to constantly swap disguises to fit in the precise part of the hotel you want to be in, or outright revert to your suit for total freedom of movement in the non-staff areas otherwise guarded by White Dots who would spot you in a second. It creates a much more dynamic playspace that requires cunning on the player's part.

Better yet, the white dots never felt random or excessive like in the Sapienza lab. The room-based map really helps you realize that certain white dots are covering certain rooms or paths. You can deduce for yourself which path and disguise will be easiest for the task you're trying to accomplish.

There are more tradeoffs. In Paris there was often no reason not to take the master key, destroy the recordings, etc. just to get around more easily. Here, you might find that it's too much trouble to do those things, and it might not actually matter for the path you want to take if you're careful.

The similarities are superficial - Bangkok is a much more tightly designed map.

Honestly, enforcers everywhere is probably for the better.

In the first three maps a small handful of easy to grab disguises could get you everywhere without issue, like Helmut Kruger who had access to the entire Paris map and immunity to security checks.

Here you have to be willing to constantly swap disguises to fit in the precise part of the hotel you want to be in, or outright revert to your suit for total freedom of movement in the non-staff areas otherwise guarded by White Dots who would spot you in a second. It creates a much more dynamic playspace that requires cunning on the player's part.

As for it being a hotel used for something else... That's the entire premise.

You don't even need that much disguise swapping. Most of the 'white dots' move around so you just wait a bit until you can walk nearby, hell most of the rooms and even corridors are very wide so just moving at good pace means you will cross their area before you are discovered. And the map is non-linear enough to exist alternative ways to go around that dude if you don't have the patience until he moves around.

Dalibor68

Banned
I think where I'm landing is that while it feels like there's not much to do outside of just the opportunities on this map, I think it has a lot of potential for Elusive Targets

Yeah after just having finished all the opportunities, "unused potential" is pretty much the word that comes to mind. That and the map is kinda lacking "life". I just really hope they manage to get back to the glory of Sapienza with the Japan mission.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing on PC and buying the DLC piecemeal. Is there anyway to upgrade to just get the whole thing? How do I get the bonus episodes?

I'm playing on PC and buying the DLC piecemeal. Is there anyway to upgrade to just get the whole thing? How do I get the bonus episodes?

I've heard of people on other platforms requesting a refund for the episodes by explaining the situation and explaining that they want to buy the upgrade pack instead, but I have no idea if this will work on Steam.

The bonus episodes will be sold in a bundle with a third bonus episode that will be finished and released later in the year. No date as of now.

KingKong

the tradeoff for not having anything outside the hotel is that they can actually make the building bigger and more complex. They're already having trouble keeping the maps running with good framerate

Venfayth

Man, I finally got Suit Only Silent Assassin on Bangkok down. I found a really, really fast and easy (but inconsistent) route that got it done in 3:05

Start on the docks with lethal pills, and a silenced sniper in your hotel room. Run to where the fat guy eats and poison his food. Go pick up your room key, to your hotel room and pick up your silenced sniper. Go up the pipe outside your hotel room. Get up to the top floor quickly, I didn't even have to crouch. Just go through the first door on the right, through the door straight ahead, to the left, straight through that room and through the first door on the right and go right up the stairs and come out behind the stalker. Knock him out, then look through the windows out at the windows on the opposite side. One of the windows adjacent to where the stalker was you can kinda make out a green plant. If you snipe Cross right when he's behind that plant, the guards won't notice for a couple minutes, which gives you enough time to escape.

I found that if you're off when sniping him the guards will notice right away, I had to save scum until I figured out exactly where the proper spot is.

Immediately drop your sniper, go back down the stairs and head towards the stairs that have two guards standing at the top. You can just run right past them and then you're immediately out of trespassing territory. Hightail it straight to the exit. If you do it fast enough they won't notice the body.

Got 68 on the leaderboards for Bangkok score :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard of people on other platforms requesting a refund for the episodes by explaining the situation and explaining that they want to buy the upgrade pack instead, but I have no idea if this will work on Steam.

The bonus episodes will be sold in a bundle with a third bonus episode that will be finished and released later in the year. No date as of now.
Okay, that's a kinda lame. But hey, I'll try the refund / transfer thing. Thanks.

Zebetite

Banned
hey hitGAF, i'm trying to load up my steam copy of HITMAN (2016) and although i seem to connect to the server without issue, the game just hangs when trying to load the main menu

is this a normal issue? is there a way around it?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
hey hitGAF, i'm trying to load up my steam copy of HITMAN (2016) and although i seem to connect to the server without issue, the game just hangs when trying to load the main menu

is this a normal issue? is there a way around it?

I've had this happen a few times and just restarted my computer. No clue what causes it

Wait Bangkok is out? Something to do this weekend sweet.

Any good unique animations?

There are a few. Speaking of which...

The
Fade to Black
challenge might be the best moment in the whole game so far. If you rate this level below Paris... maybe you haven't done that one yet.

There are a few. Speaking of which...

The
Fade to Black
challenge might be the best moment in the whole game so far. If you rate this level below Paris... maybe you haven't done that one yet.
fade to black
is actually one of the best assassinations in the whole series, its just so menacing and cool

fade to black
is actually one of the best assassinations in the whole series, its just so menacing and cool

The best part is that I happened to
enter the studio as a chef this time, so I got frisked and didn't bring a silenced pistol. Had to use a bodyguard's pistol, and barely managed to get out of sight as everyone rushed in

The ensuing
lockdown, with every bodyguard in the studio gaining a white dot as you try to get out,
is also very cool.

Either I'm crazy, but wasn't that
essentially the Dad's plan to a certain extent. At the very least he planned on ruining his career so he'd stop being an embarrassment to the family.

Now that I've seen what this is about:
I thought the dad's plan was just to blackmail his son into behaving himself, using the smoking gun evidence

On another topic, anyone get Tuppence a Wish yet? Don't tell me how, but this is maddening because I thought I must have figured out the twist correctly.

mitchlol

I watched the latest GiantBomb quick look of this and I'm thinking of jumping in on PS4. What are my options? Do I buy the full season and game for $85 (Australian) or is it better to get the individual episodes? Do I lose anything by going the individual route or is the bundle just everything all in 1 package at a slightly cheaper rate?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hanging from ledges or climbing up drainpipes in this level makes the NPCs go mad and they start shooting me on sight, even when the area is not restricted. Also had one guy make the whole guard force of the hotel hunt me because I turned off the sound system at the bar

Diancecht

I watched the latest GiantBomb quick look of this and I'm thinking of jumping in on PS4. What are my options? Do I buy the full season and game for $85 (Australian) or is it better to get the individual episodes? Do I lose anything by going the individual route or is the bundle just everything all in 1 package at a slightly cheaper rate?

If you buy the chapters individually you won't get the extra summer episodes.

Hanging from ledges or climbing up drainpipes in this level makes the NPCs go mad and they start shooting me on sight, even when the area is not restricted. Also had one guy make the whole guard force of the hotel hunt me because I turned off the sound system at the bar

Drainpipes and ledges are supposed to cause alerts when people see you climbing or hanging for a sustained period of time. In previous levels the publicly conspicuous drainpipes were shorter, so you weren't climbing for very long to begin with, or you could quickly climb out of sight.

In this level, all the drainpipes are in plain view and very long, so suspicion keeps building as you climb until it turns into an alert.

I walked around in Bangkok for ~15 minutes and so far I think that it's a bit too cramped for my taste.

I may have specifically requested cramped-feeling levels during one of those surveys at some point.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I may have specifically requested cramped-feeling levels during one of those surveys at some point.

Bangkok is ok, but it lacks some interesting outdoor stuff. Like someone mentioned: It's Paris without the gardens.

How about a mini golf course, an accessible beach, an outdoor location with special shows for the guests? Even an NPC brags about the lack of the latter.

Edit: It's a resort with nothing to do for the guests.

XaosWolf

Fade to Black is the coolest thing in the series. Got him just as his suspicion bar was about to max.

It was like goddamn movie scene.

nOoblet16

I am feeling different about this game now, with 2 episodes to go this seems like a rather short (but ofcourse replayable) entry into the series. Eventhough other games had similar number of levels (including tutorials)...it maybe due to the episodic model though.

I also miss the atmosphere from the past games in this new one, mainly due to lack of proper OST. Remember the St. Petersburg mission in Hitman 2? Very simple mission but it had great atmosphere. And I don't know how to put this but it seems like eventhough you had "events" like the protest in Marakesh it didn't quite feel as nice as the celebration/parade level in Bloodmoney or the Heaven and hell level. I also feel that the game lacks a level like the Threatre, White House or Vegas level (AMAZING MUSIC !) and the closest it came to that was Sapienza.

The game honestly feels like it has low production values compared to something like Hitman 2 or Bloodmoney. The fact that they have the same 4-5 people do NPC voice everywhere and things like the bar in Thailand being the same music from the bar in Paris further makes it feel low budget.

XaosWolf

Yeah I also just did this. That shit was dark and cool.

Admittedly the first time round wasn't so professional as I didnt think I had a gun on me due to the frisk search.
Turns out I'd picked up a Bertolli and promptly alerted the whole place.

The whole mission had also glitched in a way that I was unable to do anything melee to Jordan other than barehand subdue. =/

Dalibor68

Banned
I am feeling different about this game now, with 2 episodes to go this seems like a rather short (but ofcourse replayable) entry into the series. Eventhough other games had similar number of levels (including tutorials)...it maybe due to the episodic model though.

I am also miss the atmosphere from the past games in this new one, mainly due to lack of proper background music. Remember the St. Petersburg mission in Hitman 2? Very simple mission but it had great atmosphere. And I don't know how to put this but it seems like eventhough you had "events" like the protest in Marakesh it didn't quite feel as nice as the celebration/parade level in Bloodmoney or the Heaven and hell level. I also feel that the game lacks a level like the Threatre level or Vegas level (AMAZING MUSIC !) and the closest it came to that was Sapienza.

The game honestly feels like it has low production values compared to something like Hitman 2 or Bloodmoney. The fact that they hire the same 4-5 people to voice the NPC in every level regardless of the location further makes it feel low budget.

I definitely feel like it's less focused to some extent. Basically you can poison-kill / drop something on / drown in toilet every target. Which makes it feel kind of generic. And as you said, it's rather short and not big enough in terms of scope. For example in Sapienza you could
start in the safehouse, climb over to another building then go down the stairs to the sewers, go from sewers to catacombs, enter the locked room and get the priest disguise, climb up the church tower and sniper your targets from there
. That scale/freedom just isn't there in Bangkok.

Moff

The game honestly feels like it has low production values compared to something like Hitman 2 or Bloodmoney. The fact that they have the same 4-5 people do NPC voice everywhere and things like the bar in Thailand being the same music from the bar in Paris further makes it feel low budget.

Not sure about low production values. The levels are huge and incredibly detailed. No Hitman game had this amount of detail.
I don't think the game lacks production value, I think what it lacks are ideas.

nOoblet16

Not sure about low production values. The levels are huge and incredibly detailed. No Hitman game had this amount of detail.
I don't think the game lacks production value, I think what it lacks are ideas.
While that may very well be true, it still "feels" cheap....due to my point about voice actors, BGM and OST.

I also miss the atmosphere from the past games in this new one, mainly due to lack of proper OST. Remember the St. Petersburg mission in Hitman 2? Very simple mission but it had great atmosphere. And I don't know how to put this but it seems like eventhough you had "events" like the protest in Marakesh it didn't quite feel as nice as the celebration/parade level in Bloodmoney or the Heaven and hell level. I also feel that the game lacks a level like the Threatre, White House or Vegas level (AMAZING MUSIC !) and the closest it came to that was Sapienza.

Previous Hitman games weren't that long. Hitman BM is a 13 mission game, which are actually 11 if you drop the awful linear tutorial level and small 'requiem' mission, as it was more a cool epilogue; it's around a 14 hour long game, and that's already counting exploring around the levels, not rushing it.

Hitman 2016 has 6 main missions, 3 or 4 bonus missions, and 2 tutorial missions which I will count them because even if they are short, they are more 'proper' hitman missions with different ways to complete, unique challenges, etc. So 11-12 missions, much more replayable than in previous games. So it's as big as previous games, with half of it being much more big, complex and replayable missions.

I will agree with you about the OST. But of course the OST of Hitman 2 was GOAT, I have it in my music collection, of the few game music I listen from time to time.
The parade level in BM and Heaven of Hell party were one of the highlights of the entire series. In fact I think it was because of that why BM is remembered so much, not only it was a maturity of the stealth and AI systems in comparison with the two first games, it had really good and unique missions that were visually very striking. They stuck to your head.
Though I have to say I felt pretty close with the Paris level, it's lovely designed, and it has super cool moments like when the fashion show starts.

I don't agree with your judgment of the low production values. It's pure nostalgia.
I played Hitman BM one month before this game and apart from the technical progress (so of course it looks worse in lightning, textures, npc animations, etc), one of the things I was surprised was the almost total lack of ambient dialogue, and how some of the missions like the Opera felt too sparse, and constricted and unrealistic in layout design. Or the bars in the Parade level were laughable.

Giganteus

While that may very well be true, it still "feels" cheap....due to my point about voice actors, BGM and OST.
Wait, what? What's cheap about the OST? It's been the exact opposite of cheap. The repeat voices, sure, but I don't know how you can say that with the OST.

Venfayth

Yeah after I finished my run I checked for faster times and saw that strategy and thought "damn" lol

Looks real fancy. This game is going to be great for speedrunning.

Top Bottom