• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Hmm, I wonder what Colorado is going to be like in terms of size. I can't imagine an oil refinery offers a lot of room to move about in and with 4 targets I could see it getting a bit cramped.

CloudWolf

I finally did a SA/SO run. When I finally killed both targets, I realized a camera had spotted me. Cue me sneaking around for 30 minutes extra to disable the recordings.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hmm, I wonder what Colorado is going to be like in terms of size. I can't imagine an oil refinery offers a lot of room to move about in and with 4 targets I could see it getting a bit cramped.

Factories can be massive. I hope we get a bit of townscape with the level. One of the targets on the outside maybe. Regular security around the facility, intense security protecting the targets. Workers in the factory aren't aware of the terrorists sort of thing, two layers of infiltration rather than a full on occupation. Worried about the "not like Sapienza part though".

Factories can be massive. I hope we get a bit of townscape with the level. One of the targets on the outside maybe. Regular security around the facility, intense security protecting the targets. Workers in the factory aren't aware of the terrorists sort of thing, two layers of infiltration rather than a full on occupation. Worried about the "not like Sapienza part though".

Hopefuly.

The leaked artwork for the episode makes it look
like a fairly small (although quite tall) solitary building with not a lot around it but that's not a deal breaker. Colorado is definitely going to be a change of pace from the other episodes, there's no real glitz or glam to an oil refinery.

Hopefuly.

The leaked artwork for the episode makes it look
like a fairly small (although quite tall) solitary building with not a lot around it but that's not a deal breaker. Colorado is definitely going to be a change of pace from the other episodes, there's no real glitz or glam to an oil refinery.

If there's a fountain-coin challenge in Colorado like in every level so far, then there will have to be some kind of different environment in this level to put a fountain in.

KingKong

Don't you guys think that since these maps are treated less like missions and more like environments, having variety is a good thing? I see a lot of people upset that Bangkok is just the hotel but I like the idea of having a big complicated building they can do stuff with, since we already have Sapienza for the more sprawling type of environment

Looked around and seems they confirmed they want 2 seasons more but haven't gotten the go ahead on S2 yet. As you said, probably waiting on physical copies to be out and GOTY hype(I can actually see it winning the Giant Bomb's award).

What current level would best be remade into a christmas styled mission? :p

Nah, DOOM Gonna curve stop everything else for GB, especially with Jeff more into it than Hitman (Which will no doubt be at least top 5)

Don't you guys think that since these maps are treated less like missions and more like environments, having variety is a good thing? I see a lot of people upset that Bangkok is just the hotel but I like the idea of having a big complicated building they can do stuff with, since we already have Sapienza for the more sprawling type of environment

I definitely think variety is a good thing, but I think concern comes from whether whatever we get is a) good in itself and b) capable of sustaining a month of live content + contracts.

An oil refinery could be a fairly restrictive environment, with little to no public element and just the one type of NPC (see Absolution's Dexter Industries levels). I don't expect they'll have it be that restrictive though.

I definitely think variety is a good thing, but I think concern comes from whether whatever we get is a) good in itself and b) capable of sustaining a month of live content + contracts.

An oil refinery could be a fairly restrictive environment, with little to no public element and just the one type of NPC (see Absolution's Dexter Industries levels). I don't expect they'll have it be that restrictive though.

I expect multiple (like 6+) levels, with the top floors being a sort of executive suite.

KingKong

yeah it sounds like they're going for a different kind of feel to this location

btw I think they should just have fiber wire be a free thing everyone starts with. I always want to take it but its just not worth it

I expect multiple (like 6+) levels, with the top floors being a sort of executive suite.

Given the 'terrorist' comment I'm hoping that there's some kind of standoff with the police, sort of like the last mission in Contracts.

btw I think they should just have fiber wire be a free thing everyone starts with. I always want to take it but its just not worth it

Makes me laugh to think that 47 can fit 4 wrenches, 3 hammers, a meat cleaver, 2 screwdrivers and a full set of kitchen knives in his suit but can't possibly bring more than 2 tiny vials of poison into a level.

Given the 'terrorist' comment I'm hoping that there's some kind of standoff with the police, sort of like the last mission in Contracts.

Oooooh that's a good call.

Regarding the cutscenes after Bangkok, is that the first time we
see Diana
? We
see her in the ICA facility cutscenes too,
right? I never bothered with Absolution, so not sure about that either.

XaosWolf

I'm assuming everyone else here - after a certain number of reloads - just empties a clip into whatever guard/civilian that keeps getting in the way?

Joeku

Oooooh that's a good call.

Regarding the cutscenes after Bangkok, is that the first time we
see Diana
? We
see her in the ICA facility cutscenes too,
right? I never bothered with Absolution, so not sure about that either.

Some stuff with
Diana
is the inciting event of Absolution. To me more specific (this is spoilers for the opening mission of the game):
You assassinate her after passing through a mansion safehouse outside of Chicago.

I'm assuming everyone else here - after a certain number of reloads - just empties a clip into whatever guard/civilian that keeps getting in the way?

I go into contract creation and tag those people.

Also, I have had Oops I Did It Again stuck in my head all afternoon because of doing that challenge. Seriously, this is the kind of twist people have been asking for since Sapienza if not since Paris.

I'm going to say that Oops I Did It Again plus Fade to Black is the canonical version of this level. An episode that delivers both of these just can't be rated below Paris in my opinion.

If you complete a challenge but for whatever reason restart the mission, have you lost the chance to get that XP forever?

You get the XP as soon as you complete the challenge - you don't even have to finish. The challenge will pop up the next time you finish that mission in any game mode, but it's just for show.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If you complete a challenge but for whatever reason restart the mission, have you lost the chance to get that XP forever?

no, they fixed that a while ago. you can do something then reload a save and do something else. you get the unlock and points straight away. When you actually finish you'll see all the things you unlocked since the last time or you can just look at the menus.

Venfayth

Just finished the Bangkok escalation. I love this game lol

l3ZXl3v.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
You get the XP as soon as you complete the challenge - you don't even have to finish. The challenge will pop up the next time you finish that mission in any game mode, but it's just for show.

no, they fixed that a while ago. you can do something then reload a save and do something else. you get the unlock and points straight away. When you actually finish you'll see all the things you unlocked since the last time or you can just look at the menus.
Awesome thanks!

Jeffrey

on the house opportunity, how do you get this dude outta of this shower room with 4 guys in it. his routine is sit on the bench... or stare at the wall?

feel like these opportunities are getting harder to figure out lol

on the house opportunity, how do you get this dude outta of this shower room with 4 guys in it. his routine is sit on the bench... or stare at the wall?

feel like these opportunities are getting harder to figure out lol

I don't usually go for that particular guy, but I assume you're supposed to turn on the radio in that room.

Jeffrey

I don't usually go for that particular guy, but I assume you're supposed to turn on the radio in that room.

radio brings the security dude over. I ended up just using a coin. Always forget about this coin thing :/

who is that one asian lady in the middle area that's suspicious of most outfits? Seems like a tourist?

TheKeyPit

Banned

Jeffrey

We've seen how skilled 47 is with his hands. He really should be able to pickpocket people. Having to knock people out to get items is kinda silly.

Still kinda weird they took out the bullet time feature from last game yet you can still clear a room quick enough just from throwing shit in rapid succession, except it's clunky lol.

Same with the lack of multi enemy melee takedown even though you can do that manually one after another easily enough lol.

Anyone play around with the explosive smartphone? How big is the explosive range? Away from my PC atm.

Man, that feels like a massive shortcoming if you ask me. If they're doing the exploding phone trope, they should have recorded lines and came up with ways to make interruptions of scripting more graceful.

Instead, nope, it just completely skips the entire sequence instead of being an explosive stage gaffe.

Yknow what though. I want a challenge for using an explosive phone planted on ANOTHER person to kill the target. Like, say, a target who stays secure in one area, but has someone who walks near him and goes in and out of the area who you can get to take the phone, and then use him as a suicide bomber on the mark.

Top Bottom